Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I gave a book (“The Bible: For Teens” by Montgomery Franklinson) to my grandson for his birthday, and he said, I kid you not, “Okay, so where’s the ‘on switch’?” 😭😭😭

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thank you, Bungie.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

God I love this poo poo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
harry pooper

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jay Rust posted:

Fortnite novels?

It was the chug of times, it was the jug of times

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgMcuSzc--M

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jay Rust posted:

God I love this poo poo

lol yesssss

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Max Verstappen is still alive though???

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Powerful

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Grandpa pong: you should be fighting today’s fascists
*cool grandkid joins violent protest vs police*
Grandpa pong: noooo I meant the city councilman who wants dogwalking without a leash to be a fineable offense

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
that should be a fineable offense :twisted:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

bovis posted:

Theatrhythm demo is way too fun, think I might buy this ultra expensive version...

I am also going to do this

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Today in Elden Ring I spent several hours going in circles in an underground tomb and then another hour trying to fall down a hole correctly, without success. Superb fun.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

Could you provide sources for these claims? I've heard she made a couple tweets saying trans women weren't real women but none of the other stuff. If true then I'd like to read more. Thanks.

Here’s the constitutional crisis one: https://www.simmons-simmons.com/en/publications/cldimefby007stsmssw31a6on/uk-government-blocks-scottish-gender-bill

Basically the UK government have never used their powers to block Scottish bills being passed ever ever before this, and all the bill did was make it easier for 16 and 17 year olds to legally change their gender. This happened because of the virulent hate campaign against trans people in the UK. Rowling is an active participant in this, by far the most famous figure to do so. She is quite literally the face of the anti-trans movement in the UK, and actively uses her fame and influence to make the movement seem palatable to regular people, as well as fight for (and using her royalties and immense wealth to donate to) anti-trans causes, organisations, and legislation, all of which causes actual real world harm. It’s far more than just tweeting some bullshit.

More recently, this has led to her openly supporting far-right groups who oppose abortion and LGBTQ+ rights in general, simply because they are some of the only people to agree with her stance on trans people. It’s radicalisation happening in real time. Here’s a video on that:

https://youtu.be/Ou_xvXJJk7k

Hope this helps provide some extra context to anyone. I really cannot stress enough how the UK government have never ever EVER blocked a Scottish bill from becoming law before this completely innocuous one, and how much of a part Rowling’s campaign did in making it happen.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

LionArcher posted:

AI is going to take so many jobs. We’re probably less than ten years away from just being able to type into one make another Zelda and an AI will just spit one out.

Freedom from the culture of work!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Cactus posted:

Freedom from the culture of work!

Yeah we needed UBI yesterday. Oh well

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Oh well

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Looper posted:

harry pooper

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"With these new AI tools you'll be able to do twice as much work in the same amount of time"
"I'll get twice as much pay right?"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LionArcher posted:

Yeah we needed UBI yesterday. Oh well
ubi is here already, the new assassins creed looks especially sick check it out

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I might not play any video games today but I'll sure as hell be thinking about them

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

ubi is here already, the new assassins creed looks especially sick check it out

Sound like UBI is epic loving fail.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Sound like UBI is epic loving fail.
gently caress you take that back, they're making a new settlers game this year!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

downside: the new settlers game is, incredibly focused on combat

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Instead of playing settlers, how about you freaking read, settlers,

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

All they had to do was make Rayman 4 and everyone would have forgiven them.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homeless snail posted:

downside: the new settlers game is, incredibly focused on combat

i won't settle for that

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Escobarbarian posted:

Here’s the constitutional crisis one: https://www.simmons-simmons.com/en/publications/cldimefby007stsmssw31a6on/uk-government-blocks-scottish-gender-bill

Basically the UK government have never used their powers to block Scottish bills being passed ever ever before this, and all the bill did was make it easier for 16 and 17 year olds to legally change their gender. This happened because of the virulent hate campaign against trans people in the UK. Rowling is an active participant in this, by far the most famous figure to do so. She is quite literally the face of the anti-trans movement in the UK, and actively uses her fame and influence to make the movement seem palatable to regular people, as well as fight for (and using her royalties and immense wealth to donate to) anti-trans causes, organisations, and legislation, all of which causes actual real world harm. It’s far more than just tweeting some bullshit.

More recently, this has led to her openly supporting far-right groups who oppose abortion and LGBTQ+ rights in general, simply because they are some of the only people to agree with her stance on trans people. It’s radicalisation happening in real time. Here’s a video on that:

Hope this helps provide some extra context to anyone. I really cannot stress enough how the UK government have never ever EVER blocked a Scottish bill from becoming law before this completely innocuous one, and how much of a part Rowling’s campaign did in making it happen.

Thanks for this. Didn't realize things were this bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

stev posted:

All they had to do was make Rayman 4 and everyone would have forgiven them.

I will never forgive Ubisoft

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

yowza

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Is there a Hogwarts Legacy thread where we can fight about how much of a monster JK is and whether the game is good/trash?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Is there a Hogwarts Legacy thread where we can fight about how much of a monster JK is and whether the game is good/trash?

Make the threads you want to see OP

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Been reading up on this JK Rowling and lemme tell you, she doesn't even seem like a real gamer.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't know, they did a pretty good job in spider-man

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

LionArcher posted:

You understand I’m not defending her being a lovely person right? It’s not that black and white. I’m saying, you can say she’s all of those things (and I believe them and agree) and also state that making a generation or (two or three ) read more and hopefully fall in love with reading (not just her stuff) isn’t collectively a bad thing.

But this don’t buy her game if you want to be a good person thing that a lot of online discourse goes doesn’t help, is all I’m saying. I’m all for trans rights.

Especially when this stuff doesn’t come up around blizzard, when we know the president who directly benefits from the company doing well is a known sex pest.

Weren’t you going to head off back to 4chan or wherever by now?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Escobarbarian posted:

good esco post. ty

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Charlz Guybon posted:

Why would anyone want a thread about the game to be about the former? No one is arguing about JK, people are just hissy pissy the game turned out good

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Feb 7, 2023