Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah BTA has the chance to hurt the pilot (and the mech, I think) when falling but it's fairly small.

Also very annoying when your heavily armoured mech takes a single LRM to the head and apparently explodes the pilot's liver or something and they spend the rest of the match limping around trying not to bleed to death. Yes I should put an armored cockpit in but they're hard to find!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I took the quad start and the Scorpion 55 ton mechs have 560 to 700 armor

The first enemies of the campaign at a 1 star contract were a Grasshopper and Axman with 3060s tech

They died instantly

It rolled up high surely, on reload it won't roll higher than tha-oh it's gauss rifles and 75 tonners now huh

There's a lrm carrier in the store that I'm probably buying instead because they're totally useless

e: Something's broken in BTA - every mission from .5 up has mediums and up only, and pilot kills auto-lose you the mech now. On the plus side I traded my useless quads for carrier tanks so I can actually fight them.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 7, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Something is buggered for you because I frequently run into 20-30t mechs on 3 skull missions, if anything I wish I had more heavies because the heaviest thing I have in my roster is the 75t corsair from the arano mission.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Play roguetech then :cheeky:, that definitely does not skimp on tonnage on any missions (I think as a general guide treating it like adding +2 skulls to any difficulty is about right).

On a semi-related note the LAM start in it is absolutely disgusting if you get good fliers, you can start with one and half skull missions right away (which is basically all mechs with semi-advanced equipment). 11 points of evasion, mech-level armour and guaranteed back shots with no terrain considerations (AND you can still land anytime you want to hide).

e: I actually wouldn't mind an easier version of roguetech since you can't really use half the toys except at the beginning, but it is what it is. The toyota technicals and industrial mechs farmer uprising start is a lot of fun too.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 8, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There are specific mission types in BTA that give heavy mechs, occasionally you get a duel where the other guy is usually piloting an assault mech, for which the 75t corsair loaded entirely with 24 tonnes of light cannons is quite suitable, gives you an alpha strike of probably about 1200 with perks added in.

I did in a previous campaign have an owens kitted out entirely with rocket pods to achieve a similar effect in weight restricted duels.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Did they ever extend the timeline for BTA at all?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Private Speech posted:

Play roguetech then :cheeky:, that definitely does not skimp on tonnage on any missions (I think as a general guide treating it like adding +2 skulls to any difficulty is about right).

On a semi-related note the LAM start in it is absolutely disgusting if you get good fliers, you can start with one and half skull missions right away (which is basically all medium mechs with semi-advanced equipment). 11 points of evasion, mech-level armour and guaranteed back shots with no terrain considerations (AND you can still land anytime you want to hide).

e: I actually wouldn't mind an easier version of roguetech since you can't really use half the toys except at the beginning, but it is what it is. The toyota technicals and industrial mechs farmer uprising start is a lot of fun too.

I feel like I was stuck in Roguetech for like 20+ missions on the game just dropping garbage, so no good salvage. Instead of a few heavy mechs, it was like 12-16 light and medium mechs. As I went up half a skull to a skull from there, it just sent more light mechs toward me.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Chainclaw posted:

I feel like I was stuck in Roguetech for like 20+ missions on the game just dropping garbage, so no good salvage. Instead of a few heavy mechs, it was like 12-16 light and medium mechs. As I went up half a skull to a skull from there, it just sent more light mechs toward me.

I think they've recently changed it to be harder/scale up faster, so you might find it's different now. But if anything I really wouldn't say it's too much garbage, the problem is more getting off the ground over the ERPPC-wielding mechs and whatnot else half a star throws at you. All this is playing on planet difficulty and 0 variance, the new company difficulty is just about grinding.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

OwlFancier posted:

There are specific mission types in BTA that give heavy mechs, occasionally you get a duel where the other guy is usually piloting an assault mech, for which the 75t corsair loaded entirely with 24 tonnes of light cannons is quite suitable, gives you an alpha strike of probably about 1200 with perks added in.

I did in a previous campaign have an owens kitted out entirely with rocket pods to achieve a similar effect in weight restricted duels.

the first one of those I did I had like, a star league Griffin as my best mech, so I spent the entire match jumping like a kilometer at a time and sniping with an ERPPC while the heavy desperately tried to lob 1% shots my way. pretty great

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

the first one of those I did I had like, a star league Griffin as my best mech, so I spent the entire match jumping like a kilometer at a time and sniping with an ERPPC while the heavy desperately tried to lob 1% shots my way. pretty great

If you go with the Owens you can do both of those things, but yeah that's the other way I find to win duels is jump sniping. Especially on that temperate arena map with the giant crowd seating around the arena.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Private Speech posted:

Oh, you can still run into lights at higher difficulties.

Much *better* lights.

With better gear.

And elite/named pilots.

:getin:

I've been farming one-gree-skull (difficulty 2) assassinations, because you can often find an Urbie as the target. RISC Urbie, running Hyperlaser/RISC Heavy PPC/MMS30/RISC RAC2, with a bunch of non-lootable RISC gear like cockpits/FCS/really spiffy heatsink kits.

And, being an Urbanmech, it's still made of glass, so it's waaay too easy to delete the nice stuff you want.

Tends to go OP if you pick missions involving the Professional (got a complete Stone Rhino off a 3-skull Base Defense, passing up parts from a wad of good heavies and assaults.) Or Ambush Convoy - think it was 3-3.5 skulls when I dropped into a sandstorm. Warhammer, Marauder and some nastier Battlemaster were up front, followed by a couple RISC Hatchetmans, with the convoy being some stealthed heavy tank, an assault tank, and two heavy LRM carriers. Plus an Annhilator waddling up the road, and (the last new unit I saw before quitting out) an LRM boat Bane.

All the missiles coming my way, my AMS boat was glowing all on it's own. As were everything else that carried AMS. And the projected reinforcements (that tend to drop when you kill 50% of the convoy) hadn't arrived yet.

Difficulty can vary *wildly*.

quote:

On a semi-related note the LAM start in it is absolutely disgusting if you get good fliers, you can start with one and half skull missions right away (which is basically all mechs with semi-advanced equipment). 11 points of evasion, mech-level armour and guaranteed back shots with no terrain considerations (AND you can still land anytime you want to hide).

I'm a LAM junkie, and I'll run a fairly-pimped-out Screamer of Phoenix Hawk LAM on rather more difficult missions - solo or duo duel, either Angry Birb is about one green skull, and I'll go against 2-2.5 orange skull (difficulty 2 vs 14-15)and win, more often than not. (The AI doesn't handle LAMs that well.) That'll change when I update to HHR (latest major revision, post savebreak) - the evasion mechanic has been dramatically changed, and your evasion totals are effectively halved - to get the same pre-HHR benefits of 7 evasion, you'll need 14.

Private Speech posted:

the problem is more getting off the ground over the ERPPC-wielding mechs and whatnot else half a star throws at you. All this is playing on planet difficulty and 0 variance, the new company difficulty is just about grinding.

Yeah, you can safely expect Clan opfor to be a full skull or higher difficulty in general - Comcast/Word of Dianetics are up there as well, but Clan is *built* to stomp mudholes in IS forces.

Even lower-weight Clan mechs can cough up Clan Gauss/LRMs, which beat the snot out of Inner Sphere - I learned to kneecap Kit Foxes in my earlier career, because one variant packs Gauss, and that works *really* nicely in Hunchbacks.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Christ the SLDF castle mission is un loving playable in BTA

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

OwlFancier posted:

Christ the SLDF castle mission is un loving playable in BTA

They patched it to be less nightmarish!

lol

When I went through it the Atlas II limped out with like one structure left before it'd lose its engine

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not even that one, the one before it, piles and piles of lovely little drones that all have six evasion and AC5s, they flash past your units and focus down whichever mech is slowest, and the kicker is you have to bring that freeloading nepo baby kamea along in that lovely little ostroc without any jump jets, so you can't just make the whole lance light or use the mountains for height advantage because then she gets annihilated, and you can't carpet the place in fascams because she will blow her own legs off.

Lost half my loving corsair to that mission, an XL engine, two units of harjel and a UAC2.

loving aristocrat dickheads I swear to god. I wish there was a campaign option to just personally shoot every house rear end in a top hat in the face the minute you see them.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Where do you get harjel anyway? I haven't ever seen it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Where do you get harjel anyway? I haven't ever seen it

It's the community pack addon when you install the mod, and there's a clan diamond shark planet at the south of the map in the aurigan reach that sells the stuff. It's not that expensive but you have to get it specifically from there (they sell a bunch of clan stuff) and it takes a month or so to get in and out of the system and there's no contracts in it, just the shop. So save up to buy a bunch of stuff when you go cos it'll cost you a month's wages for the pleasure.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I had no real problems with the castle. That follow-up mission where you have to rescue kameas buddy and get his intel broke me

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I finally updated Roguetech to the version that nukes saves, so looks like I'm starting over. This time I enabled a bunch of extra bullshit in the settings, because why not.

I forgot how long first launch was, waiting for everything to cache.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Chainclaw posted:

I finally updated Roguetech to the version that nukes saves, so looks like I'm starting over. This time I enabled a bunch of extra bullshit in the settings, because why not.

I forgot how long first launch was, waiting for everything to cache.

I enable everything except for Heretech and most of the pilot/portrait/emblem stuff (RTO community pack excepted as they get some very nice custom traits, but the others are just goofy internet pilot portraits).

Even nukes aren't that bad if you accept that sometimes you're just going to lose. If you can salvage some they really help with high-end enemies where normal artillery doesn't do much anymore.

CalvinandHobbes
Aug 5, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

Looking at my list I'd say the really useful ones are:

MechAttributeViewer
PilotOverhaul
TTRulez_AIMod (there are a few sub-mods for this, read the mod page)
BetterSpawns
YAML

required to make stuff above work:
Mod Options
MW 5 Compatibility Pack

Some nice QOL stuff:
BetterSalvageShares
PurchaseSalvage
ReputationLossCap
MechDelivery

Then on top of that I've got a ton of HD packs, shaders, improvements to the visuals and weather effects, etc. Just sort by most popular in Nexus and you'll find most of those.

VonBiomes is also really good for improving map diversity.

Is there a working MW5 mod to all more paintjobs? There are a couple on Nexus that seem to be long dead.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

CalvinandHobbes posted:

Is there a working MW5 mod to all more paintjobs? There are a couple on Nexus that seem to be long dead.

One of the ones in that list (YMAL I think?) unlocks all the wierd extra ones like the unit and variant and hero paintjobs that aren't available for your stock models.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
For some reason von Biomes gives me massive performance drops on some maps. There was one desert map I played yesterday that was downright unplayable. Just walking around was fine at 45-60 fps, but as soon as combat started it could go for a full second without generating a frame.

I have an RTX 3080 so presumably this shouldn't be happening. The vanilla game runs at a stable (capped) 60 fps.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."
Do you have RTX enabled? That seems to absolutely tank performance

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

RTX is rough, yeah. I forget off the top of my head, but there are also some von biomes specific settings. I think one of them has to do with new foliage and iirc it loving dunks FPS into the shitter.

I'm able to run at a pretty solid 60fps with a 2080 and von Biomes, so there's obviously settings tweaking to be done somewhere there if a 3080 is struggling. It's been long enough that I can't remember the specifics, but I do remember doing a bunch of tweaking to get it working.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Cyrano4747 posted:

RTX is rough, yeah. I forget off the top of my head, but there are also some von biomes specific settings. I think one of them has to do with new foliage and iirc it loving dunks FPS into the shitter.

I'm able to run at a pretty solid 60fps with a 2080 and von Biomes, so there's obviously settings tweaking to be done somewhere there if a 3080 is struggling. It's been long enough that I can't remember the specifics, but I do remember doing a bunch of tweaking to get it working.

The only von Biomes specific graphics settings I found were for volumetric fog. I turned it off just in case and it didn't help. I'll try disabling ray tracing.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Both RTX and DLSS (oddly enough, I can run native 4k maxed just fine but with DLSS get 30% fewer frames) apparently cause issues, it's annoying but that's what it is.

I'm seeing the same issues on a 3070ti FWIW.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I'll give MW5 another shot now that the mods have caught up but man, the missions are kind of embarrassing compared to even MW3.

Last night in MW3 on op 2 mission 1, my Shadowcat lancemate and I were cruising through Smoke Jaguars, cutting down Striders/Owens/Elementals/etc left and right. I'm getting in the groove and feeling confident.

Then all of a sudden something explodes behind me. I turn around and it's a god drat Summoner flying out of a building yelling Clan nonsense over comms. Up to now, the heaviest enemy has been an Orion and that took forever to bring down.

I literally yell "Jesus Christ" as 3-4 UAC bursts and an LRM salvo make my cockpit spin, and then I notice how loving fast the Summoner moves. It's heavier than I am but more agile for fucks sake! It's running at me but firing the whole time so I can barely get a shot in while twisting to protect myself. Once it closes distance, the AI ignores me completely, focuses down my Shadowcat friend, then kills me and brags about it over comms.

Like that was just a few seconds of gameplay and it conveyed more emotion and worldbuilding (specifically: Clan tech is scary bullshit and it makes sense they nearly conquered the IS, weight classes mean something which suggests the Annihilator from the satellite feed is gonna be a monster, and Jaguars are dicks who don't play fair and go for your throat) than any mission I've encountered in MW5 so far.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The quad lbx10s will gently caress your day in a hurray if you let them get within 600m

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Ahh, Raising The Dead chat. :suicide: Just did it in Roger Tech this past weekend... Kamea has a Kitano w/jump jets, and direct-fire weapons only, so she goes directly up the cliff to run back and forth tanking LRMs.

The other three I dropped were LAMs, which help, but itakes a while, Clan ERPPCs or not. Especially since the medium drones are evasive as gently caress, the heavies just soak hits, and the two laser turrets are now Heavy, with 300-some armor per.

But, I did clear all that three times, to get to part 2.

First try: spawn with enemy mechs in melee range, and one has init. Once spawn protection ended, he spams Kamea's Atlas in the face, bleedout in 12 turns get hosed game restart. (Not before I discovered an ambush Urbie - R20 or R25 - which is stealth, 2 Med Laser, a shitload of one-shut rocket packs. Discovered the hard way, of course.)

(And being a consecutive mission, there's no save, so back to part 1 again.)

Second try: Close-in high-init charge on the Atlas, knockdown, injury but not bleeding... but someone else runs up from around the hill's edge, hurfs a bunch of SRMs/MRMs into the Executioner's back and 3/4 kills it, and someone else rulls into LoS and starts mutilating the downed Atlas get hosed AGAIN.

Oh, and I didn't take hits from it this time, but I did spot the Rocket Ninja Urbie again.

Third try: Close-in enemies didn't melee and mostly did piddly damage. :toot: LAM goes bombing out to spot remaining enemies, at a safe distanc... no, wait, Urbicide ensues nice no one has AMS of course. FUUUUCK.

Fourth try: gently caress part one, enable dev console and outright delete all drones and turrets. Part 2, Take hits but not too bad (Arrow IV Archer was one of the close-in mechs, and got exterminated because they kept closing instead of trying to get out to AIV minimum range. LAM triggers the dropship explosion, but everyone else was loitering just away from the initial spawn, so they could get the angle and team -target the heavies/assaults as they came forward.

(Only reason I cheated Droneapalooza was because I didn't have the time to do that *and* try to do part 2 again.)

The Extraction FP is available now, and I'm probably going to throw things because I remember that one - with three LAMs covering her, Kamea can get through the first part, the question is can her lead rear end get to the dataport and survive.

"Lady Arano, please, I *insist* that you borrow my fully-armored triple-Gauss Annihilator for this task. Yes, the one with ECM, C3 Master, and AMS. And it still sprints faster than the Atlas."

Last night was a difficulty 11 Target Acquisition, so of course I dropped heavy - diff 13, and the only reason it wasn't 14 was because I needed a LAM for the actual target marking.

Immediately delete the turret generator when spawn protection ended (mmm, artillery), then started peeking my forces out from around the hills and chipping at enemies - Timber Wolf "Bounty Hunter" and a Comcast-build Highlander were the mean ones there, but once I hit the first marker, base starts puking reinforcement vehicles.

Just a VTOL and a tank.

Ifrit "Malak" - very fast, stealthed, AMS, and multiple Magshot Gauss and more loving rocket packs.

Schiltron Prime FSV - slow, but heavily armored, with C3 Master, combat computer that buffs all enemy forces and increase initiative, and dual Arrow IV. :smithicide:

(Until the base is destroyed, it will continue pumping this set out every three turns.)

Hurt the Ifrit some, eat rockets and Magshot, then comes Arrows - AMS took care of 'em.

Next turn, hurt the Ifrit some more, but luckily it was out of rockets. Arrows turned out to be Inferno, because AMS didn't kill them this time.

Kill Ifrit, eat one Inferno Arrow and use the LAM to charge the Schil from the rear, killing it *finally*.

Next turn: BOOP. :cry:

Three total spawns of this set, but the second and third Ifrits puppied out and got backshot without attacking. More single AIV Inferno, 2nd Schil got LAM'd and followed up on with arty, and the third one got long-range direct mauling as the LAM finally marked the third spot and everyone started towards the extract.

Only two enemies left by that point, a lighter assault tank and that Highlander, and as everyone got to the extract, they got killed.

Well, *almost* everyone.

My dual-Sniper Cannon Schiltron was *one hex pip* outside, when the Kill Team, spawned.

Within machine-gun range.

Uphill from the extract. :commissar:

Banshee "Sawyer", some named Hammerhands, Timber Wolf "Connor" and another TW "Bounty Hunter".

Most of my force killed the Connor - what was left (arty, mostly) whapped on the Banshee with AoE explosives, except the Gauss Anni, which got a lucky headshot. Hammerhands panicked and ran, TW BH walked forward and alpha'd the Sniper Schil, which tanked it nicely. Then the LAM backcharged the Hammerhands for a lie-down-and-bleed.

Last turn - blow the Timby to Mars, murder the final enemy while it was down, extract.

With drop, ammo and coolant costs, I cleared a cool $111k, as I'd gone full salvage. Six picks, 25 total.

What to choose: parts to make two AIV Schiltrons. Enough parts for two Ifrits. Complete Sawyer, Highlander, and 5 of 6 parts for two Bounty Hunters... and I already had the sixth part in storage. Six AIV launchers. Five stacks of AIV ammo. Four Magshots and five bins of ammo. A big stack of AC20s. Exactly one Multi-Trac battlecomputer, survivor of the TW BHs. Lots of other stuff. Three Superchargers, even, which appear to be loot from the Ifrits, and are worth a cool $3mil each.

Took Magshots and (stacked) ammo, Weapon Mount Heat, and a "ran when dropped" Schil. Allocated a mix of other stuff, but none of the real goodies.

Ended up a bit sporty, but I had fun.

And now I can huck 4 Arrows a round - with my heavier mechs, I still have tonnage for two Schils (820 tons max). :getin: If ever someone will send some Marauders my way, I can upgrade my Doom Stack even more - I'm one part short on two different Marauder IIs, and I *really* want to leg out a Marauder LT and finally have a Long Tom.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Stravag posted:

The quad lbx10s will gently caress your day in a hurray if you let them get within 600m

On the other hand anything faster than an urbie with a single ERLL just play keep away and murder an unescorted one with impunity.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah but mw3 liked having them pop up 400m away around a curve in a tunnel or coming up an elevator. The first one you see is in the caves where you have to hope it doesnt scrap epona's bushwhackwr instantly with a lucky leg kill

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Marx Headroom posted:

I'll give MW5 another shot now that the mods have caught up but man, the missions are kind of embarrassing compared to even MW3.
[...]

The weird thing is they wouldn't even have to do much to make MW5 missions more interesting, hell I'd settle for occasionally not having tanks and vtols at all and instead having a surprise lance drop behind you. :v:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It's a shame because I found the hand crafted missions quite fun. If the game was 1/4 of the scope, but actually had some effort put in beyond procgen maps with procgen drop lists, I'd be all over it still.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Not needing to kill triple-digit amounts of tanks, VTOLs, and popup turrets every mission would go a long way to making it better.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Falcorum posted:

The weird thing is they wouldn't even have to do much to make MW5 missions more interesting, hell I'd settle for occasionally not having tanks and vtols at all and instead having a surprise lance drop behind you. :v:

I'll take more cheesy voice acting please, lots of it. Like the Clan pilots in MW3 who say "Aff" and "Neg" with absolute sincerity and this guy

Those old games had some goofy poo poo but man, at least they tried.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Falcorum posted:

Here's how they do it:

"Commander, it looks like [varying levels of accuracy concerning a new enemy contact] is approaching from the [direction]. Be careful, [their particular combination of weapons] are [dangerous in a particular way]. They'll be here in [an amount of time]."

And then instead of the enemies popping out of nowhere, they actually do come from the direction and time your XO says they do.

Game instantly a million times better. This was how they did it in MW4: Mercs and while none of those missions were procgen it does wonders for immersion.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Pattonesque posted:

Here's how they do it:

"Commander, it looks like [varying levels of accuracy concerning a new enemy contact] is approaching from the [direction]. Be careful, [their particular combination of weapons] are [dangerous in a particular way]. They'll be here in [an amount of time]."

And then instead of the enemies popping out of nowhere, they actually do come from the direction and time your XO says they do.

Game instantly a million times better. This was how they did it in MW4: Mercs and while none of those missions were procgen it does wonders for immersion.

Yeah, based on what Major Whatsherface tells me, they have sensors and scout aircraft and poo poo, how come none of this information is getting passed down to me?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Honestly one of the biggest MW5 sins is the just absolutely poo poo-tier voice acting. It's just amazing how much they cheaped out on it. The mechanic guy sounds like he's probably one of the developers and did all his reads cold, never having seen the script before. The delivery is super stilted and just bad, for everyone. Again, like it's a cold read and one take.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
That's true. VA was absolutely dire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Pattonesque posted:

Here's how they do it:

They could have just ditched the voice actor for your tactical officer and just have a proc gen voice with a neutral tone.

The game would sound like this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc87QtUUJbU

Maybe some people would think it'd be too self-serious, but I'd rather have that then forced-british-accent lady.