Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

*clapping and pointing* I KNOW WHAT THAT IS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
john cleese is so old he probably has a faulty tower am i rite

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Sad

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
has john cleese actually done anything funny recently or is he just one of those old ex-funny grifters who doesn't know how to say anything in public that isn't "I can't believe cancel culture has forced people to stop laughing at my jokes"

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

has john cleese actually done anything funny recently or is he just one of those old ex-funny grifters who doesn't know how to say anything in public that isn't "I can't believe cancel culture has forced people to stop laughing at my jokes"

Definitely been the later for years and years at this point. Full disclosure I've not watched "Spud 3: learning to fly" or "Hold the sunset" but I am confident they sucked poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He's been through like 4 divorces so probably hard up for money. Might be why he's a miserable old gently caress too

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I'll always have a certain amount of affection for him because of, "A Fish Called Wanda" but he's been a cranky old dinosaur for years now.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gotta quibble with the grifter label because he very much earnestly believes he is smarter and funnier than you

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
John Cleese is a misogynistic brexiter gammon oval office who constantly boo hoos about all his ex-wives taking his money.

Not sure if he has always been this way or if it is just since his brain turned to cheese. It certainly happened before he got a slot on loving GB news.

The rest of the old group thinks he's a dick as well iirc.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Dravs posted:

brain turned to cheese

Which used to be his family surname. Coincidence? You decide.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

One foot in the grave was good but the ending of it was absolute hosed . Props to the writers for doing it that way.
Is that the one where Victor turns out to have been dead for the episode? I remember that being harrowing.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Cleese was the least funny of the whole group. There's a reason almost everyone else had much more successful careers than him afterwards and I think he's pretty bitter about it which is why he's turned into such a miserable bastard.

e: and also because he can't make racist jokes anymore on account of the woke mind virus

Flipswitch posted:

Is that the one where Victor turns out to have been dead for the episode? I remember that being harrowing.

Yeah and then it turns out the nextdoor neighbour that befriends his widow was the one that ran him over. It's grim as gently caress.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

one does get the impression that cleese always was a bit of a grumpy rear end in a top hat and that this was why he so often played grumpy assholes in skits and films. as one gets older and remains fairly hard up for cash despite having had a by all measures hugely successful career, i can see how that drives this kind of guy to become thoroughly reactionary

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Cleese was the least funny of the whole group. There's a reason almost everyone else had much more successful careers than him afterwards and I think he's pretty bitter about it which is why he's turned into such a miserable bastard.

these are literally libelous statements I'm afraid, the cops are en-route to your houses right now
https://twitter.com/DocPop/status/1429902910289170440

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Yeah and then it turns out the nextdoor neighbour that befriends his widow was the one that ran him over. It's grim as gently caress.

I didn't like the way that show ended. I'm a sucker for a redemption arc and I wanted him to have one day not being a miserable bastard and being nice to everyone before kicking it

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Microplastics posted:

I didn't like the way that show ended. I'm a sucker for a redemption arc and I wanted him to have one day not being a miserable bastard and being nice to everyone before kicking it

That's not very English is it

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

gonadic io posted:

these are literally libelous statements I'm afraid, the cops are en-route to your houses right now
this is all just a case of method acting going too far

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

gonadic io posted:

What a snowflake lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Don't put in the paper that I'm not funny.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This is causing some meltdowns lol

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1623069563889012736?t=J-m40arqsm76cTf2b8Dr0w&s=19

https://twitter.com/paul_clarke/status/1623282481750323202?t=4wKFY5wN-6ndREmnSy_Ypg&s=19

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

:discourse:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I like the uk office. I hope it was popular in the uk as well.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
It was very popular

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/Big_Chris_Scott/status/1623095078976643072

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

so incredibly masculine he had to create a woman and immediately kick her out for disobeying him, truly the original chad move

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

my favorite joke in Monty Python and The Holy Grail was Lancelot charging at the castle so thanks mr cheese

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

so incredibly masculine he had to create a woman and immediately kick her out for disobeying him, truly the original chad move

While creating a situation where he had absolute knowledge and control over the outcome too.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

endlessmonotony posted:

While creating a situation where he had absolute knowledge and control over the outcome too.

that's free will, bay-bee

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

like logically speaking, god doesn’t need a dick and balls, but probably could do with boobs

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Jel Shaker posted:

like logically speaking, god doesn’t need a dick and balls, but probably could do with boobs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA3dzBrXYtc&t=45s

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

they/them is gonna be psyched by this bold step toward polytheism

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

mawarannahr posted:

they/them is gonna be psyched by this bold step toward polytheism
god being both singular and plural they/them is kind of a big deal in christianity

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

90s Cringe Rock posted:

god being both singular and plural they/them is kind of a big deal in christianity
certain forms of christianity

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Allah is one ☝️

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Would someone PLEASE think of God's weiner?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Raab actually looking psycho at an appropriate time for once

https://twitter.com/mattgrantsky/status/1623328741878292481?t=KFUZZ5Z-w0eG8f5ONqfsQA&s=19

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

lol

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Not unitarian christianity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Hitman freelancer mode is good.