Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Ashley in poison dart frog camouflage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
dear lord Ashley's accent work is the most professional I've ever heard

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

oh god

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MEGA HACKED

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Marisha's in charge of NordVPN adds now, assuming she finds time for it

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

DarklyDreaming posted:

Marisha's in charge of NordVPN adds now, assuming she finds time for it

She can't, shes got a lot of poo poo on her plate

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

ApeHawk posted:

She can't, shes got a lot of poo poo on her plate

Don't misunderestimater her

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

"Piss Without a Trace"

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I have not seen that ad before and :stare:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
a good ole fashioned Crit Role strategy session

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

AngryBooch posted:

a good ole fashioned Crit Role strategy session

It took them this long to roll initiative, they did something right

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Been a good long time since I heard a Brave Little Toaster reference.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I have to agree that that setpiece could definitely have gone worse. It's a semi-fortified location protected with a sensor net, patrols, and a decent number of guards, and the team wasn't even detected until they'd placed the dynamite on the inside of the thing and were starting to get away. That's pretty good for fickle dice rolls.

Honestly, disabling it the loud way was probably the better option, as even if they had found and removed a key component, that would have shut the moon off just the same and alerted the Sorrowlord, except now there would be a lot more guards alive.

The only real blunder in my view, was Fearne not healing herself after she took that huge 45 damage hit.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I have to agree that that setpiece could definitely have gone worse. It's a semi-fortified location protected with a sensor net, patrols, and a decent number of guards, and the team wasn't even detected until they'd placed the dynamite on the inside of the thing and were starting to get away. That's pretty good for fickle dice rolls.

Honestly, disabling it the loud way was probably the better option, as even if they had found and removed a key component, that would have shut the moon off just the same and alerted the Sorrowlord, except now there would be a lot more guards alive.

The only real blunder in my view, was Fearne not healing herself after she took that huge 45 damage hit.

I don't remember if she was actually engaged with someone in melee at that point or if they were just closing in on her/attacking from range, but I remember being frustrated that Marisha didn't try to get away from the Key when people had already started attacking it, with no guarantee she'd be able to safely on her next turn, to the point where I was a little surprised that Laura and/or Ashley didn't go for held actions to continue damaging after Laudna and/or Orym were out of harm's way (or that Ashley didn't, you know, stand right up on it when she cast Fire Wall).

They rolled really well but sometimes tactical goofs stand out pretty badly when you know Matt will never hold back or may only give them one freebie (eg. warning Marisha once that casting a spell will drop invisibility, and definitely not warning her again when she went to cast Prestidigitation a few minutes later).

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
This one is actually wild to me:

https://twitter.com/DarkHorseComics/status/1623026352222834688

I guess they're doing comic spin-offs from the animated adaptation, not necessarily the live campaigns, now!

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

xeria posted:

I don't remember if she was actually engaged with someone in melee at that point or if they were just closing in on her/attacking from range, but I remember being frustrated that Marisha didn't try to get away from the Key when people had already started attacking it, with no guarantee she'd be able to safely on her next turn, to the point where I was a little surprised that Laura and/or Ashley didn't go for held actions to continue damaging after Laudna and/or Orym were out of harm's way (or that Ashley didn't, you know, stand right up on it when she cast Fire Wall).

They rolled really well but sometimes tactical goofs stand out pretty badly when you know Matt will never hold back or may only give them one freebie (eg. warning Marisha once that casting a spell will drop invisibility, and definitely not warning her again when she went to cast Prestidigitation a few minutes later).
He did give them another freebie by letting them suffocate those two guards in the hole. It's supposed to have a very low DC strength check to break out of.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Good heavens. Marisha got in shape for that charity fight thing she's got coming up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

drat they finally made enough money to just replace Matt Mercer with the Rich Mans Matt Mercer Troy Baker.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Dawgstar posted:

Good heavens. Marisha got in shape for that charity fight thing she's got coming up.
Marisha has always been ripped

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
I don't know who her opponent is but Marisha's gonna destroy. I reckon she throws a wicked punch. I'm expecting it to go down like Tyson's first fight out of prison.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Flakey posted:

I don't know who her opponent is but Marisha's gonna destroy. I reckon she throws a wicked punch.

A TikTok yodeler, which is apparently a thing that exists. But at least Marisha got plenty of practice against Liam.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Didn't she used to be really serious about dancing while younger? In my experience, dancers in general are incredibly fit and I've known a few who moved from dancing to martial arts and holy heck did they hit the ground running.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Warden posted:

Didn't she used to be really serious about dancing while younger? In my experience, dancers in general are incredibly fit and I've known a few who moved from dancing to martial arts and holy heck did they hit the ground running.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COinveLHN6h/?hl=en

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Warden posted:

Yeah, but now she's in "I'm going to beat somebody up" shape. It's impressive.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

:frogsiren: Campaign 3 Episode 48 is happening and I'm still behind! Send help! :frogsiren:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
We're predator'ing this poo poo

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Looks like Matt played Bayonetta 3

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
lol Matt goddamnit, rhyming?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

AngryBooch posted:

lol Matt goddamnit, rhyming?

Submit to the poetry slam to proceed. Matt makes this decreed

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

DarklyDreaming posted:

Submit to the poetry slam to proceed. Matt makes this decreed

This is the exact poo poo that the Feywild is great for, love it

AngryBooch fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Feb 10, 2023

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Well that ruled, be safe Morri

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Yeah honestly if you don’t have a rhyming gatekeeper somewhere in your Fey realm, what are you even doing

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
What did Sam just do with Pate?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

DarklyDreaming posted:

What did Sam just do with Pate?

think he pulled him out of the Portable Hole in his canteen

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
WHAT WERE THOSE ROLLS FOR MATT :byodood:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

DarklyDreaming posted:

WHAT WERE THOSE ROLLS FOR MATT :byodood:

This is going to exist in the back of my head for weeks. Do you think Matt texted Liam and Marisha what they were for or what Feywild effects occurred? But not everyone was rolling....

I've seen people theorize that they were actually rolling for Caleb and Beau off screen because those characters are part of the Shadowfell strike team.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Anyone else worried about what looks to be a significant drop-off in viewership for C3?

I mean, its good, and they are doing some nice things, but I wonder if this one will be cut short, then C4 happens pretty quickly after with a different back end system/platform/app that isn't related to WoTC?

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Ultimate Mango posted:

Anyone else worried about what looks to be a significant drop-off in viewership for C3?

I mean, its good, and they are doing some nice things, but I wonder if this one will be cut short, then C4 happens pretty quickly after with a different back end system/platform/app that isn't related to WoTC?

I'd probably say they'll move on when they feel done with these characters/narrative (or maybe 5e as a whole, but I don't know how much that would actually drive any of their immediate business decisions). Matt may still have a planned end in fewer sessions than the previous two campaigns but I don't think that's something they'd rush to prompted by viewership numbers. It's not like they're going to cancel their own show, produced by their own company, the same way Netflix cancels poo poo all the time.

I played in a campaign a couple years ago that had to rush to its final battle/conclusion without having resolved a few character arcs (including my own) and that sucked! There were extenuating circumstances - DM was starting grad school in the fall so we had a firm date at which we had to end by - but it's still a bummer to abort in-flight storylines just for a rushed end to the main narrative.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Twelve days could easily be a calendar year’s worth of games at the rate they move and it’s anybody-except-Mercer’s guess as to what might happen afterwards. Win or lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
While possible, I don't know. It feels like either they just wanted to go with a shorter or more compact/directed plot for Season 4, or just are organically going with what feels right. Seasons 1 and 2 were extremely long by actual play standards, and their commitments have been growing.

Personally I would be surprised if they made any huge changes to the setting on the basis of Protecting the Brand from D&D, if only because this is also a project Mercer and co care about and bulldozing their setting to make things Trademarkable would be pretty remarkable.