Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
MODOK does own, I love that giant headed goofy idiot.

That animated series of his was great too, sucks it only got one season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I sort of wish they totally redesigned Surfer. I never understood how his card translates to his comic (cosmic) powers. In the back of my head, I sort of remember he could bestow a little of the power cosmic to others maybe?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kaddish posted:

I sort of wish they totally redesigned Surfer. I never understood how his card translates to his comic (cosmic) powers.

He can and has bestowed some of his power cosmic on others in the past

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

priznat posted:

He can and has bestowed some of his power cosmic on others in the past

Edited before your post. Still, hardly iconic.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Oh hey cool, beaten by 3 cards, two of which I have never seen played at my super low CL and rank. Don't even know how I would counter this if I didn't have Cosmo ready to go.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The new balance patch is live. Just noticed Zabu is a 2-2.

Time to get the drop on some Surfer and Zabu decks.

Edit: Absolutely missed the last page.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Push El Burrito posted:

Oh hey cool, beaten by 3 cards, two of which I have never seen played at my super low CL and rank. Don't even know how I would counter this if I didn't have Cosmo ready to go.

I mean, you have a bunch of pool 3 cards in your deck and Panther was a season pass card. Wong/Panther/Odin or Zola combos used to be really popular, seems to have dropped off for some reason. Maybe will come back in the new Zabu/Surfer-less meta.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

My finger hovers over the retreat button whenever I see Wong because I know I'm probably about to see some bullshit

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Wong is probably the easiest threat to out, but if left alone has the highest damage potential. He's the only card whose lane folds to Enchantress, Rogue, Cosmo, Juggernaut, and Aero all in one (did I miss any there?).

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Man, I wish I was big brained enough to play move decks. They're fun but exhausting. I made one with Beast/Falcon shenanigans but I suck at it.

# (1) Human Torch
# (1) Iron Fist
# (2) Dagger
# (2) Beast
# (2) Kraven
# (2) Okoye
# (2) Armor
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Doctor Strange
# (3) Vulture
# (3) Polaris
# (6) Heimdall
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbkZpc3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktyYXZlbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRG9jdG9yU3RyYW5nZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVpbWRhbGwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bWFuVG9yY2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNsb2FrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWdWx0dXJlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPa295ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBvbGFyaXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJlYXN0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYWdnZXIifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Actually just realized I took out Falcon and some 1-drops earlier today. I should replace Armor in this version, not sure with what. Hulkbuster?

vv I restarted my client and it changed.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 9, 2023

Hauki
May 11, 2010

RevKrule posted:

The new balance patch is live. Just noticed Zabu is a 2-2.

Time to get the drop on some Surfer and Zabu decks.

Edit: Absolutely missed the last page.
Really? My Zabu and Surfer still appear the same as before, and by the number of inked out Zabu/Darkhawk and Negative Surfer lists I’m running into right now with the absolute nuts game after game, theirs are unchanged too.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Hobo Clown posted:

My finger hovers over the retreat button whenever I see Wong because I know I'm probably about to see some bullshit

Throw down Enchantress.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Zodack posted:

Wong is probably the easiest threat to out, but if left alone has the highest damage potential. He's the only card whose lane folds to Enchantress, Rogue, Cosmo, Juggernaut, and Aero all in one (did I miss any there?).

Goose, as long as it isn't a Surfer or Gambit setup. They get their turn 5 play before Goose activates, but that isn't the end of the world.

Alternatively a turn 5 goblin, Viper or Debrii will stop their Odin from finishing an Ironheart, Tiger, Wong lane. Could probably get Titania there too.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 9, 2023

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Just lost to a cool dude who was playing both Galactus AND Thanos in the same deck. Not sure on the synergy there buddy, but you do you.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

Lmao, this was me two months ago.

Good luck!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Hauki posted:

Really? My Zabu and Surfer still appear the same as before, and by the number of inked out Zabu/Darkhawk and Negative Surfer lists I’m running into right now with the absolute nuts game after game, theirs are unchanged too.

I don't know what to tell you? Maybe update your client? But I checked on both my phone and my laptop and I'm seeing 2-2 Zabu.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I just played a bot 'gently caress you' deck. Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Spider-Woman, Scorpion, etc. Second Dinner are bad and they should feel bad.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Donnerberg posted:

Goose, as long as it isn't a Surfer or Gambit setup. They get their turn 5 play before Goose activates, but that isn't the end of the world.

Alternatively a turn 5 goblin, Viper or Debrii will stop their Odin from finishing an Ironheart, Tiger, Wong lane. Could probably get Titania there too.

I can't even be mad when I lose to the Gambit Exodia setup

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Achievement unlocked: SWAG

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Well, that was a satisfying match. They snap, fist bump when Mystique copies Devil Dino...Then my cards fire off, including Tie-Die Hob Goblin and Misty Knight. Winning on a 1 drop is very satisfying.

Edit: Beast is in the deck because I just got him and was grinding points.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Helicarrier and Collector are real MVPs of MODOK decks I'm finding. If you can get carrier in hand and collector on the board, you can do serious numbers.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

RevKrule posted:

Helicarrier and Collector are real MVPs of MODOK decks I'm finding. If you can get carrier in hand and collector on the board, you can do serious numbers.

Honestly, after trying her, Mystique is underperforming. Like, if I get her on turn 3 with Morbius on turn 2, or my 6-drops have taken a powder and I have to do them together on turn 5, it works, but... otherwise, it falls flat.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Hobo Clown posted:

My finger hovers over the Cosmo button whenever I see Wong because I know I'm probably about to make someone cry.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

^^You monster!

Last season I made it to 96 with a Zabu/Surfer/Negative deck. I wasn't winning more matches but I was able to put out ridiculous power on turn 6 with Wong, meaning I won way more 8 cube matches. Now Zabu feels more in-line with the other cards and I'll go back to grinding.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

With the Zabu nerf, maybe I can finally make my Sandman Ronan deck a reality.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Walla posted:

With the Zabu nerf, maybe I can finally make my Sandman Ronan deck a reality.

Zabu on turn 2, Sandman on turn 3? :getin:

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm missing some cards to get the most value out of him, but Modok has been really fun so far.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Quackles posted:

Zabu on turn 2, Sandman on turn 3? :getin:

It's working pretty good so far. I added in Wave, Doom and Odin for extra win conditions and Maximus is perfect for Dracula.

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Korg
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Baron Mordo
# (3) Wave
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Sandman
# (5) Ronan the Accuser
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Odin
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJEb29tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSb25hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2FuZG1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS29yZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkljZW1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmFyb25Nb3JkbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm getting a lot of retreats and I haven't figured out when to snap yet so it's many small gains.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kaddish posted:

I sort of wish they totally redesigned Surfer. I never understood how his card translates to his comic (cosmic) powers. In the back of my head, I sort of remember he could bestow a little of the power cosmic to others maybe?

I'd love for him to have some synergy with Galactus

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Push El Burrito posted:

You counter this by retreating.

I have all of pool 3, but I haven't been running a lot of decks that have a counter to Wong, and even less that have the priority to use that counter effectively.

The only times in the last month and a half that Wong has beaten me, were if they pulled some Zabu and/or Negative poo poo that drops everything on turn 6. If they play it earlier I'm outta there.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

uXs posted:

You counter this by retreating.

I have all of pool 3, but I haven't been running a lot of decks that have a counter to Wong, and even less that have the priority to use that counter effectively.

The only times in the last month and a half that Wong has beaten me, were if they pulled some Zabu and/or Negative poo poo that drops everything on turn 6. If they play it earlier I'm outta there.

You counter this by teching in Cosmo or Shang. Shang is more versatile, since you can use him whether or not you have priority. Professor X can also shut this down if you have priority.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

You got to love a game where they release a card and 2 months later nerf it. That Zabu 2-2 is poo poo.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Quackles posted:

Honestly, after trying her, Mystique is underperforming. Like, if I get her on turn 3 with Morbius on turn 2, or my 6-drops have taken a powder and I have to do them together on turn 5, it works, but... otherwise, it falls flat.

I'm having the same issue. I'm not having a good time to play Morbin Time and Mystique after each other as well as everything else I need to make Morb big. Honestly I'm running Lockjaw instead and it feels better.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Piggy Smalls posted:

You got to love a game where they release a card and 2 months later nerf it. That Zabu 2-2 is poo poo.

It's pretty great actually. This is how it should have been.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Piggy Smalls posted:

Ikr. It should have only taken two weeks.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I like when things change.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
I'm not entirely convinced 2-2 Zabu is bad. Like, oh no you can't Spiderman AbsMan anymore what a crime, how terrible that interaction is removed for the most part

I'm going to assume Zabu will slot right into something like Sera Control and feel just fine. Seems like being able to Shang Chi, Enchantress, other 2 drop t6 might be really good.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
It’s been working fine in that Zabu, Sera control deck a generous goon posted earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Sniping this for a feel good Goon event ---->