Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Harrow posted:

DLC Emblems coming today, and they also previewed the wave 4 story DLC, "Fell Xenologue"

I wonder if it'll be extra maps for an actual playthrough or a totally siloed thing like Cindered Shadows

Based on what I've seen of the datamining the campaign dlc is going to be about more dragon babbies and alt versions of the other 3 hounds so I could see it going either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yay for dragons, boo for them being DLC only.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Are they like actual dragon units ala Tiki or just disappointing ones like Alear

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Actual.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Lmao that Veronica's special ability is summonning heroes from the gacha.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I’m happy I get to see my good friend wolf beil today

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So yeah it's the datamined emblems. Disappointing, no one I particularly care about.

Oh well. Perhaps there will be more DLC announced in the future that will have anything of interest to me.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ROFL Octopus posted:

I’m happy I get to see my good friend wolf beil today

:hmmyes:

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Cythereal posted:

So yeah it's the datamined emblems. Disappointing, no one I particularly care about.

Oh well. Perhaps there will be more DLC announced in the future that will have anything of interest to me.

We know.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

With what they showed off, I'm still sad we never get to see Alears dragon form.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I'm pretty annoyed that Chrom/Robin uses only male Robin. It was bad enough with Byleth but they couldn't manage two models/voices even for the DLC? I'd rather have Chrom solo than be constantly told I played the wrong Robin.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Veronica seems fun

Loling that they made her unique mechanic Gacha.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Genovera posted:

I'm pretty annoyed that Chrom/Robin uses only male Robin. It was bad enough with Byleth but they couldn't manage two models/voices even for the DLC? I'd rather have Chrom solo than be constantly told I played the wrong Robin.

chrom and robin are gay, op

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Genovera posted:

I uh, don't think you're being told that

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

ungulateman posted:

Chrom and Robin are trying to navigate the minefield that is going out with your best friend's daughter from the future.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Genovera posted:

You have disrespected canon with your choices and you will never be forgiven for it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Genovera posted:

they kind of have to pick male or female for this stuff. a bunch of popups asking your favorite gender would be weird especially for people who dodnt play those games and itd be hard to model/va both versions.

its not telling you you're 'wrong' or anything. its just the nature of the beast

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Genovera posted:

lol

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

So Camilla gets her birthright sewers map and Soren gets that cave map for their paralogues.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Imagine getting hector, the only not lame fire emblem lord, and being disappointed.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ungulateman posted:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

golden bubble posted:

So Camilla gets her birthright sewers map and Soren gets that cave map for their paralogues.

????

The gently caress, why.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine being mad you got Ike’s boyfriend and the center of the best comedic conversation in FE history.

He better give dagger mastery.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Extremely hosed up that Camilla doesn't get The One Good Conquest Map.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

hopeandjoy posted:

Imagine being mad you got Ike’s boyfriend and the center of the best comedic conversation in FE history.

He better give dagger mastery.

He better reference that aimee conversation as a post battle quote

Notty
Jun 4, 2010
Yeah, kinda stunned we didn’t get Conquest Ch.10 for Camilla’s trial.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Bruceski posted:

https://twitter.com/Bruceski1/status/1623141410928226305

Not a particularly interesting crit quote but I love the slide.

the "nothing personnel, kid" animation that swordmasters do rules

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
honestly the sewer map is one of the only interesting ones from birthright and it's appropriate for the character, even if it's way worse than the other potential choice

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ROFL Octopus posted:

He better reference that aimee conversation as a post battle quote

tbh half of the only reason I want a Tellius remake is to hear Kyle McCarley do the Rose of Tellius speech.

The other half is to make the Tellius games cost less than your arm, leg, one kidney, and your firstborn.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Camilla is the "emblem of revelation" instead of the "emblem of conquest" for some reason

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Endorph posted:

they kind of have to pick male or female for this stuff. a bunch of popups asking your favorite gender would be weird especially for people who dodnt play those games and itd be hard to model/va both versions.

its not telling you you're 'wrong' or anything. its just the nature of the beast

In Warriors they included both male and female Robin. They used male for the story and then had a costume that switched to female appearance and voice. They could have done something like that here, too. I mean this is for the DLC, I don't think they will even have that much story presence.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

It’s interesting to me and I’m very happy that both Ike and Soren use their much cooler Radiant Dawn designs

I haven’t played Soren’s paralogue yet but I assume it uses The Devoted as its song, since that’s pretty much The Ike Theme

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

golden bubble posted:

Soren gets that cave map for their paralogues.

The lava cavern one from RD? That sure is a pick, I guess. Granted there aren't exactly "Soren" maps in either of his games, I guess the closest would be something like River Crossing or Laguz and Beorc since they're kinda schemey chapters based off Soren's battle plans?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Camilla is the "emblem of revelation" instead of the "emblem of conquest" for some reason

they're really committed to not taking a side, ironically

Notty
Jun 4, 2010

game of the year all years

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Sydin posted:

The lava cavern one from RD? That sure is a pick, I guess. Granted there aren't exactly "Soren" maps in either of his games, I guess the closest would be something like River Crossing or Laguz and Beorc since they're kinda schemey chapters based off Soren's battle plans?

Well, it is the map where they accidentally end up in Goldoa afterward so I guess that’s the Soren connection. :v:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

:siren: SUPPORT GRINDING IS IN NOW :siren:

It’s free, you can set three pairs of people to participate in activities to raise supports.

You can double up on activities in one session too. I had Ivy hang out with Alcryst at the pool and Diamant at the stable.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ROFL Octopus posted:

:siren: SUPPORT GRINDING IS IN NOW :siren:

It’s free, you can set three pairs of people to participate in activities to raise supports.

You can double up on activities in one session too. I had Ivy hang out with Alcryst at the pool and Diamant at the stable.

Of course it’s dlc lol

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

hopeandjoy posted:

Of course it’s dlc lol

Yeah but it’s not part of the pass, it’s just a free update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Genovera posted:

In Warriors they included both male and female Robin. They used male for the story and then had a costume that switched to female appearance and voice. They could have done something like that here, too. I mean this is for the DLC, I don't think they will even have that much story presence.
a warriors game is pretty different tho