Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Saw new enemy types im sold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
we still can't play as legend of zelda though

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Ytlaya posted:

People were clamoring to know whether magnesis would be in Tears of the Kingdom. If they didn't show that, fans would be rioting.

Since this is a Nintendo game I genuinely don't know if this is a joke or not.

The most shocking thing in the direct to me was the sudden revival of Baten Kaitos of all loving things so the Zelda bit was just nice to know it isn't delayed.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1623456845493829633

:getin:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Was that Matt Mercer lmao

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

spotted lots of cool new enemies and structures in the trailer, game looks sick

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

The icon on the pin box(?) in the collector's edition set matches the icon on the leaked OLED Switch joy-cons... Can I afford a whole new Switch by May?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yeah gonna need that art book please be under 100 bucks

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
So many twilight realm musical cues. Red herring or not? We'll see!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If the actual game is 70 dollars, the collectors edition will probably be at least 100 dollars.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Japan site has Delixe for ¥14520 ($110.50)

https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/HAC_R_AXN7A.html

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Is this the first time Ganon has had voice acting since the CD-i games? The performances aren't even that different lmao.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

glad i didnt use a voucher on the fire emblem musou

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
lol Nintendo gonna print run a couple thousand Link amiibos that then hit the aftermarket for $200

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

can't wait to get one hit-killed by this flaming dragon dude 20 minutes into the game

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

lunar detritus posted:

lol at everyone (me) hoping for more zelda, probably going to get buried underground in the first cutscene.

I'm surely reading too much into it, but there were a few clips in the trailer that implied Zelda having greater involvement. The whole "I don't think you can defeat him" and "Please, lend me your power" could both be read as her taking more of a leading role, sort of of a "courage is not enough to defeat him this time" type of story beat

Also interesting the deliberate camera work suggesting Link bails on fighting Ganondorf in order to prioritize saving Zelda

my current gamer theory is that Zelda is in Link's arm somehow, sort of a combination of Spirit Track's Zelda and Liquid Snake

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Augus posted:

can't wait to get one hit-killed by this flaming dragon dude 20 minutes into the game

I’m pretty sure that’s the Dragon Boss from Zelda 1

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

drat dude I think you're right, what a quick catch

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Hmm...that was definitely not the quality of the BotW story trailer (though I don't know how they could one-up that one). To the previous poster who said they were underwhelmed, count me in on that. The voice acting was hokey and they didn't tease a whole lot spectacle outside of the world itself. I mean, I'm going to buy it and play it but it didn't "wow" me at all.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh poo poo that's totally it

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

The biggest disappointment of the trailer is that there were too many parts where it wasn't immediately obvious if things were new. I have zero issues with them reusing the map / enemies, BotW was a huge game and I'm more than happy to revisit that world, but they should really have lead with the new stuff in the back half of the trailer, and shown less sweeping vistas of areas and enemies we already know

I don't know if this is actually true, but feels like the previous two trailers actually showed more new things than this one

still seems inevitable we'll get some sort of Zelda-focused Direct, or at least a repeat of the Treehouse LP they did for BotW, which was one of the of the most successful marketing efforts Nintendo has had

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i saw a lot of obviously new stuff

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Now I am the TAS rider

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

WarpDogs posted:

"Please, lend me your power"

Are we sure this is what she's saying? I've seen multiple people quote this line and no matter how many times I re-watch it, I can't hear anything but "lend him your power"

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Are we sure this is what she's saying? I've seen multiple people quote this line and no matter how many times I re-watch it, I can't hear anything but "lend him your power"

That's what I heard, too. Lend him... With all the speculation from the first teaser of 7 Sages and whatnot, I wouldn't be surprised if that quote isn't actually from near the end of the game.

I did notice that the location for Vah Ruta is now a weird glow-y tower. I'm curious what became of the Divine Beasts, if they'll make a re-appearance, or if they'll just be handwaved away in some throwaway dialogue. In my heart of hearts, I hope they're part of a larger set-piece or prove that their more powerful than a handful of Ancient Arrows.

FooF fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 9, 2023

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
This game is gonna rule

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

hatty posted:

This game is gonna rule

hyrule I dare say.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

Was that Matt Mercer lmao

Pretty sure it is, which would make this the first time he's played Ganon since the "There Will Be Brawl" fan films

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Game looks quite glorious! It seems like more of a good thing, plus fun flavor with the extra robot mecha stuff and fancy stuff.

On the map being reused, I'd figure they probably changed it a lot and made tons of alterations if so. Since open world games are so built around the encounters and placement of shrines or caves etc, and they wouldn't just re-use all that.

That said, Yakuza has made a fine thing out of literally reusing the map, but that's more of a lower budget quirky charm thing going for it.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The vehicles looking very constructed did make me think of another sequel that delivered unexpected things

Legend of Zelda: Nuts and Bolts

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Standard Version confirmed at $69.99. Collector's is $129.99.

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/metroid-prime-remastered-rolled-out-in-latest-nintendo-direct-available-now-for-nintendo-switch/

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

The Maroon Hawk posted:

oh dang, you're right. I guess my brain really wanted to hear it wrong. On listening again, the quote at that exact part actually sounds little weird, like there was an audio issue, or maybe it was cut / spliced? Could be why so many people misheard it

anyway, have some official art from the JP account

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

WarpDogs posted:

oh dang, you're right. I guess my brain really wanted to hear it wrong. On listening again, the quote at that exact part actually sounds little weird, like there was an audio issue, or maybe it was cut / spliced? Could be why so many people misheard it

Zelda holding the Sheikah Slate gives me a lot more hope that she'll be in a more active role this time around

quote:

fuckin bad rear end

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Zelda holding the Sheikah Slate gives me a lot more hope that she'll be in a more active role this time around

fuckin bad rear end

i'm convinced she's gonna get sucked into link's arm

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

WarpDogs posted:

gently caress that’s amazing.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I can't quite articulate this correctly, but Link looks like someone smashed together designs from Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, whereas Zelda is just a fantastic iteration of her BotW look

They almost look like they're from two different games when viewed side-by-side like that

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Heavy Metal posted:

Game looks quite glorious! It seems like more of a good thing, plus fun flavor with the extra robot mecha stuff and fancy stuff.

On the map being reused, I'd figure they probably changed it a lot and made tons of alterations if so. Since open world games are so built around the encounters and placement of shrines or caves etc, and they wouldn't just re-use all that.

That said, Yakuza has made a fine thing out of literally reusing the map, but that's more of a lower budget quirky charm thing going for it.

I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I'm sure those 6 years were put to good use, but that first time playing Botw was so magical. Despite the evidence I was still hoping for a brand-new world I could get lost in. Foolish to try to replicate that I guess, and also foolish to underestimate Nintendo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gleeok, and hell yeah, chop off the heads and have them flying around and whatnot.

This last trailer was awesome, god drat. I'm definitely snagging a collector's edition.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The one thing that sticks out to me is link messing with one of those motion puzzle things that used to only appear in shrines. So either the sky sections will basically be the new shrines or stuff like that is more integrated into the regular world design. Even if it's the former (which would explain Link zipping up and through the bottom of an island in an early trailer) they'd be different and presumably varied enough to fix most of people's issues paired with better and more varied rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
BOTW DLC looks sick as gently caress, I’ll pay $70 for that day one, and then pay $30 for the DLC for the DLC :getin:

E: then gimme $100 more of AoC DLC on top of that.

UZR IS BULLSHIT fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 9, 2023