Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ROFL Octopus posted:

:siren: SUPPORT GRINDING IS IN NOW :siren:

It’s free, you can set three pairs of people to participate in activities to raise supports.

You can double up on activities in one session too. I had Ivy hang out with Alcryst at the pool and Diamant at the stable.

Of course the day after I finish the drat game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yes, my plan to play through this game very slowly is paying off as I expected.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hellioning posted:

Lmao same

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

SyntheticPolygon posted:

:same:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I’m coincidentally at the chapter where you get Ike rn so I can maximize my content. :getin:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Oh god Soren’s paralogue says staff animations will be turned off due to the high volume

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
lmao

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

ROFL Octopus posted:

Oh god Soren’s paralogue says staff animations will be turned off due to the high volume

incredible

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ROFL Octopus posted:

... oh no.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ROFL Octopus posted:

Sweet

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Hellioning posted:

Harrow posted:

Lmao same

Like 2 days, but same

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Aparently they fixed relay trials with the patch, someone should try that.

Also give info on the new Emblems' skills, I'd be thankful for that.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ROFL Octopus posted:

lol

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP/status/1623469078865403904

The JP twitter has a lot more details on what the DLC rings do.

Soren has Rally Taunt, Sol, Bolting, and an AoE magic attack for his special.
Camilla has Dragon Veins, Bolt Axe, and gives her engage partner flying movement, and her special is a checkerboard AoE.
Hector has FEH style Quick Riposte, Wolf Beil, Iron Wall (some sort of def/res booster), and his special gives him null chain attack and unbreakable and removes the HP requirement for QR for one turn.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

hahahahahaha I love this game

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Chapter 25: Goldmary got the crit and kill on her new mother-in-law while saying "What's the point of you?" Absolutely cold-hearted, the map couldn't have ended better.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ajkalan posted:

Chapter 25: Goldmary got the crit and kill on her new mother-in-law while saying "What's the point of you?" Absolutely cold-hearted, the map couldn't have ended better.

absolutely 10/10 character, Goldmary ftw

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Has anyone done any testing for how percents are calculated? Is it GBA style double rolls, Marth game style actually what it says on the tin? Or a Fates style hybrid?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

galagazombie posted:

Has anyone done any testing for how percents are calculated? Is it GBA style double rolls, Marth game style actually what it says on the tin? Or a Fates style hybrid?
it seems to be the same rng system as fates/echoes

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I didn't find 17 as hard as I'd been lead to believe. Each group of mobs aggros piecemeal allowing them to be baited out and destroyed at leisure.

Giving someone Quality Time in addition to your actual Corrin bearer means that you have limitless - slow, but limitless - free healing for the entire team. Doubly handy when there's no actual time pressure. Any enemy attack that is not a kill might as well not exist, as it costs me nothing but time.

I'm finding my style in this game trending strongly towards slow, conservative creeping, holding Emblems in reserve for when I need to go ham on bosses. I'm not sure if that was the intended effect, but it's working for me.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
they absolutely do not move piecemeal; engaging marnie causes an entire army of dragons and mauvier to run directly at you, killing you instantly, along with hyacinth and veyle. zephia is the only one who's happy to hang around until someone enters her range

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ungulateman posted:

they absolutely do not move piecemeal; engaging marnie causes an entire army of dragons and mauvier to run directly at you, killing you instantly, along with hyacinth and veyle. zephia is the only one who's happy to hang around until someone enters her range

Nah, I lured out the dragon on its own (well, it and a qi adept) and murked it before pulling Marnie. Pulling Marnie did aggro Mauvier as well, but he was too far away to reach Marnie before I shredded her and could bring the entire group to bear on Mauvier. Veyle likewise did not aggro when I pulled Hyacinth, she patiently waited in the back with a qi adept.

If you stay at the extreme range of enemies, it's remarkably easy to peel away just two or three enemies at a time.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

ungulateman posted:

Oh now I remember.

Yeah so the enemies you're fighting all have very different mov to each other so when they attack after Marnie aggros you can just retreat back and eventually the different movement rates will leave them stranded as individual packs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lmao the dialog if you have ike with you when you get soren is gay as hell

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Endorph posted:

lmao the dialog if you have ike with you when you get soren is gay as hell

:sickos:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Natural 20 posted:

Yeah so the enemies you're fighting all have very different mov to each other so when they attack after Marnie aggros you can just retreat back and eventually the different movement rates will leave them stranded as individual packs

It's not even that. A bunch of enemies only aggro in twos and threes if you use the indicators to only pull one at a time at the extreme of their range, and fall back to separate the angry mobs from the rest so that when you do land the sucker punch you don't aggro more in the process.

Learning to stop being so aggressive and play much more defensively has been my big learning experience with this game. I'm not a good enough player to reliably pull of risky, highly aggressive strategies, but the game is extremely conducive to a more methodical approach.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

this is just completely counterthetical to my experience, which was sitting my units in marnie's range and watching her refuse to budge, then having the entire map start trying to (and succeeding!) kill me as soon as i moved closer

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

golden bubble posted:

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP/status/1623469078865403904

The JP twitter has a lot more details on what the DLC rings do.

Soren has Rally Taunt, Sol, Bolting, and an AoE magic attack for his special.
Camilla has Dragon Veins, Bolt Axe, and gives her engage partner flying movement, and her special is a checkerboard AoE.
Hector has FEH style Quick Riposte, Wolf Beil, Iron Wall (some sort of def/res booster), and his special gives him null chain attack and unbreakable and removes the HP requirement for QR for one turn.

we were robbed of vander cleavage window and i will never forgive this

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Finally, the best lord is in a mainline game again

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Oof. I checked Serenes Forest, which has everyone's post-battle lines, and there's some doozies if characters' closest friends and loved ones die in battle. There's even special dialogue in some case for if multiple such die in the same battle.

Edit: Chloe's A support with Merrin is one of the gayest things I've ever seen in Fire Emblem that isn't an outright s-rank between two women, on top of an incredibly gay previous two supports.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 9, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Done with chapter 21, starting chapter 22.
I like the story beats here.

wowowowowowwo

Marni's past was pretty interesting. And realizing she just wants some attention and love. And her finding out like her, that's all Good Veyle wanted, so she's a lot more sympathetic to her.
And they actually did it, I joked a bit about it, but they actually killed Marni :O, I thought she was gonna join me along with the big knight guy. Maybe she can be reborn as a ring.

Felt it more than when the mom died, because even though Marni just did a tldr; for her past, I just started getting invested in her. And her trying to crack the helmet and failing (but wait, it actually did help!)

Griss seems to just be outright 100% jerk.

All good anime stuff happening.

Alear dying, and then getting resurrected back as a corrupted, but still acts the same as always? I guess I take it. Laughed when the crew's first reaction to corrupted Alear was "oh drat, so do we need to kill this zombie Alear now too?" and Alear is all like "no no i'm still good...trust me" (can they though? we see...)

One of the few really good Engage tracks playing also really helped the mood.

So far, the story has been pretty digestible so far.

Som(totally not a)bro plan is to invade other worlds, but wonder just how strong is he, I'm imaging him going to one of the other fire emblem worlds, and just getting his rear end kicked by the heroes there. JRPG protags know how to take care of an evil god or two from another world, its what they have for breakfast

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cythereal posted:

It's not even that. A bunch of enemies only aggro in twos and threes if you use the indicators to only pull one at a time at the extreme of their range, and fall back to separate the angry mobs from the rest so that when you do land the sucker punch you don't aggro more in the process.

Learning to stop being so aggressive and play much more defensively has been my big learning experience with this game. I'm not a good enough player to reliably pull of risky, highly aggressive strategies, but the game is extremely conducive to a more methodical approach.

That's interesting, I really felt like the game was pressing me to be more aggressive, especially past the mid-game. Bosses like to start moving towards you, there are tons of reinforcements that come at you from the rear (which can be overwhelming on some later maps), and it's easy enough to refill a key Emblem so it feels rewarding to use Engages early in an aggressive push.

But both you and Natural 20 had the opposite experience, which interests me.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
lol Hector is so grossly overtuned he basically stole all of Camilla's axe poo poo on top so now her emblem makes her look like a pegasus knight

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lmao

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
what does it mean when Zeikov talks and certain words have *marks* on them.
doe he have a unique dialect?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GateOfD posted:

He emphasizes seemingly random words

In his supports with Alear it's revealed that he does it just to amuse himself, there's no meaning behind it at all

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

GateOfD posted:

He's a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

his crit quotes are in french however