Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Air Fryers are yet another monument to the excess of American consumerism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sinnlos posted:

Please post better Christian rapper names ITT. Im working on my personal brand.

ruthless boaz

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Nice edit but too late

You didn't get hounded out. You left voluntarily. Twice. Nobody told you to leave. You stopped posting in a huge huff because we cracked huge holes in your ideology over and over and instead of reconsidering your ideology and worldview you doubled down every time and always always always always got lost in nitpicking the definition of specific words.

The definition of specific words matters. Like here, for example:

hounded; hounding; hounds. transitive verb. : to pursue with or as if with hounds. : to drive or affect by persistent harassing

Or maybe "to force somebody to leave a job or a place, especially by making their life difficult and unpleasant"

I am saying I was persistently harassed. It drove me away. I came back because someone literally reached out and mentioned that people in the thread were saying they wished I'd come back.

When I did, it was a lot quieter, way more hostile, with less of what made it fun and way more harassment.

HYL is right, it got to me.

Elephant Ambush posted:

That or you did the "quote where I said those specific words" thing when someone paraphrased you when the specific words didn't actually matter in discerning your position on any given issue

Yeah, there was a lot of "so you're saying 'xyz thing that I didn't say'?" so I did a lot of correcting people.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of your diatribe since it doesn't really seem the place for it, but maybe I'm wrong, I don't really know the vibe here yet.

You didn't change my worldview because your arguments suck.

DeadlyMuffin fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 9, 2023

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Sinnlos posted:

Fried chicken is delicious and air fried chicken is not drenched in fatty gross oil so I'd say it's a wash

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Sinnlos posted:

The name is a monument to marketing. It's a convection oven.

People started talking about the as if it were a hot new thing a while ago, and it confused the hell out of me. How do you fry air??

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Fried chicken is delicious and air fried chicken is not drenched in fatty gross oil so I'd say it's a wash

just use a convection open op

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm re-rolling Knight and pumping everything into ADP until it doesn't feel like I'm wading through tar with a broken leg, Cleric was a mistake. Robes are cool tho but tbh you look so gnarly as an undead in this one that I don't think I'll be wearing armor until I find something cooler. Can never go wrong with a Broadsword even if I'm more of a Greatsword guy myself

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Celexi posted:

just use a convection open op

I don't even have an air fryer I'm just saying there are way worse things in terms of consumerism

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm solidly against removing excess oil from any dish. without the oil all the gears and levers inside your body will seize up

DeadlyMuffin posted:

The name is a monument to marketing. It's a convection oven.

People started talking about the as if it were a hot new thing a while ago, and it confused the hell out of me. How do you fry air??

i mean air fryer rolls off the tongue better than "compact, counter usable convection oven", it doesn't seem particularly egregious to me

not when loving "bone broth" has somehow managed to swindle a bunch of people into paying an exorbitantamount for stock

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'm solidly against removing excess oil from any dish. without the oil all the gears and levers inside your body will seize up
What the gently caress, you got gears and levers?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Paracaidas posted:

What the gently caress, you got gears and levers?

do they have dual clutch or manual transmission, or cvt??

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Celexi posted:

do they have dual clutch or manual transmission, or cvt??

horsepower joke goes here

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Are they worth it? Heard a lot of hype about them, but not sure if we should pull the trigger. Are they easier/better tasting that standard cooking?

It’s good, we like it, but we already had a (non-convection) toaster oven and we wouldn’t have bought the air fryer ourselves. It’s not better enough than other gadgets to justify the money/taking up space/having yet another kitchen thing, but if I was equipping my kitchen from scratch I’d think about getting a convection oven/air fryer. Her mom just buys whatever’s on special at Costco and then gives us stuff when we visit because she’s bought something she won’t use herself, or needs to free up space so she can, I guess, go to Costco again.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

Epic High Five posted:

I'm re-rolling Knight and pumping everything into ADP until it doesn't feel like I'm wading through tar with a broken leg, Cleric was a mistake. Robes are cool tho but tbh you look so gnarly as an undead in this one that I don't think I'll be wearing armor until I find something cooler. Can never go wrong with a Broadsword even if I'm more of a Greatsword guy myself

The balder side sword is a lightsaber when you magic weapon it. How do people manage to play other builds?

I feel like that is dark souls 2 but it leads to my larger argument: why isn't every game about the balder side sword?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

My gf was saying it was nice that the excess oil runs down into the basin area under the basket and I said “oh, you don’t pour that back onto the food when it’s done?”

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

imo take a short break and play some dark and darker, while the current playtest lasts until the 13th

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I definitely recommend a slow cooker and and rice cooker to all, and an instant pot if you love beans or hard boiled eggs. Or big hunks of tough meat but that's going to prime steak prices nowadays. Being able to get a huge amount of some staple all done up without you needing to do much means you can spend more time fiddling around with the fun stuff.

My buddy's got an air fryer and swears by it for making tofu snacks. I've been tempted for this purpose but so far good ol' "450 degrees for 25 minutes" has worked for tofu as well as it has most every veggie

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BRJurgis posted:

The balder side sword is a lightsaber when you magic weapon it. How do people manage to play other builds?

I feel like that is dark souls 2 but it leads to my larger argument: why isn't every game about the balder side sword?

I've got the BSS on my fartin around sorcery guy on my Switch DS1 save and it's fine and all, but it's no Zweihander. I'm starting out on the wrong foot with this one because I deeply resent having to invest stats in something other than str/vig/end. I'm playing this completely blind but just found the Halberd so will be getting the stats for that and dumping the rest to 99 AGI

cinci zoo sniper posted:

imo take a short break and play some dark and darker, while the current playtest lasts until the 13th

Been watching plenty of streamers play it, I get what it's going for but not my kind of game. I like to relax with my gaming time and the only PvP I've ever played in my life that I didn't have to convince myself was actually fun was in Planetside 2

selec
Sep 6, 2003

a strange fowl posted:

salvia has absolutely no effect on me :( neither does peyote

Do THC edibles affect you?

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Epic High Five posted:

Indiana, the state AG a few years back had to literally order the state troopers multiple times to stop raiding shops with CBD products lol. Since then there has been absolutely no movement, no bills, no debate, nothin. State GOP stance is "we will when the Feds make us" and the Feds aren't ever gonna do that so it's never gonna happen. Whenever it comes time to moan about how there's not enough revenue the response is basically just a flat "No", not even a super corrupt and lovely implementation is being considered.

If there's another contender I'm not sure who it would be, Utah probably except I think they got medical by ballot

Pretty hosed situation where not even the prospect of bales of money will make the GOP move. Letting businesses in is a complete racket here. Like alcohol licenses: create a system for licensing, charge tens of thousands of dollars to just BID on the licenses, if you lose, sorry we keep the $$

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

Been watching plenty of streamers play it, I get what it's going for but not my kind of game. I like to relax with my gaming time and the only PvP I've ever played in my life that I didn't have to convince myself was actually fun was in Planetside 2

fair enough, relaxation is definitely not a thing that this game brings to the table

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
The Octopath Traveler 2 demo is out for all consoles! :woop:

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

I've lived in Indiana for 2 months and I've already decided that this is the worst state in existence regardless of whether the cops raid cbd stores or not.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Actually I think it is fine for cbd stores to be shut down. Raiding those and chiropractors are about the only good things cops can do.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

fair enough, relaxation is definitely not a thing that this game brings to the table

I've got an irl gaming group I maybe able to pitch it to and it'd be fun with them but it really seems like it'd be miserable to play solo lol, fun to watch! Whenever it's the Barbarian's turn to get OP in a balance patch maybe I'll give it a whirl

Bishyaler posted:

Pretty hosed situation where not even the prospect of bales of money will make the GOP move. Letting businesses in is a complete racket here. Like alcohol licenses: create a system for licensing, charge tens of thousands of dollars to just BID on the licenses, if you lose, sorry we keep the $$

It's wild, there's sooooo many corrupt and lovely ways to implement it but won't even consider them!

Sinnlos posted:

Actually I think it is fine for cbd stores to be shut down. Raiding those and chiropractors are about the only good things cops can do.

These places also sell the legal-level THC edibles so on the whole, the CBD shops at least can stick around

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

I've got an irl gaming group I maybe able to pitch it to and it'd be fun with them but it really seems like it'd be miserable to play solo lol, fun to watch! Whenever it's the Barbarian's turn to get OP in a balance patch maybe I'll give it a whirl

barbarian feels pretty good rn, e.g., here's barb me walking away from a fight our duo initiated against a duo, which caused a third duo to try to third-party us. ended up killing 3 out of 4 opponents, and mine is a 2-perk character running the default loadout

also there was a solo dungeon added for this playtest, but it was a bit overtuned even for this game early on, and they had to nerf goblin archers in a few different ways. that said, i'm moderately confident that the meta for solo goblin dugeon is going rogue with a nice paid rapier (because stock daggers are zdps)

in any event, i'm just happy that wizards' comparative power level has gone down since the last playtest, where you could just jackie chan 1v3s as a solo wizard lmao

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

am i mixing up my stereotypes, or are eastern europeans known for hanging on to heroes of might and magic harder than the west did? because based on screenshots dark and darker just seems like a new entry in the series

Pirate Radar posted:

My gf was saying it was nice that the excess oil runs down into the basin area under the basket and I said “oh, you don’t pour that back onto the food when it’s done?”

based on the sandwiches you've posted itt this is not shocking

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
do we need to compile a list of each chat posters legacy posting shames for the newcomers?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

am i mixing up my stereotypes, or are eastern europeans known for hanging on to heroes of might and magic harder than the west did? because based on screenshots dark and darker just seems like a new entry in the series

nah, you have it right. in fact, this christmas there just was a homm 3 tournament with an all-time high prize pool, roughly 10k usd. and yeah, the game does have pretty solid might and magic vibe going on, though that was not at all popular here - just the strategies were

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

do we need to compile a list of each chat posters legacy posting shames for the newcomers?

i have no posting shame :smug:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
everyone has a posting shame, and the longer it takes to spill out, the worse the gently caress barrel

except for me, i actually have no posting shame

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Fritz the Horse posted:

i have no posting shame :smug:

you aren't a chat poster

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
yet

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh my God, the Knight start and rushing the Halberd I found on my lovely cleric did the trick, feels 10x better to play. This fire longsword is a little tempting tho, not sure how split damage works here tho and I'm loving the spin-to-win of the Halberd even if it's usually spin-to-die

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
my shame is i took a decade to get past the 'lurk more' mindset

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
hey so the bottom line is we're collectively trying to figure out what a new fusion of CCCC USPol and dadchat will look like. so just keep posting, friends, and don't be weird. if you have ideas let Koos or me or whoever know.

How dare u
Jan 20, 2023
Am I allowed to post here or doest that violate my ban?

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Epic High Five posted:

I definitely recommend a slow cooker and and rice cooker to all, and an instant pot if you love beans or hard boiled eggs. Or big hunks of tough meat but that's going to prime steak prices nowadays. Being able to get a huge amount of some staple all done up without you needing to do much means you can spend more time fiddling around with the fun stuff.

My buddy's got an air fryer and swears by it for making tofu snacks. I've been tempted for this purpose but so far good ol' "450 degrees for 25 minutes" has worked for tofu as well as it has most every veggie

a sibling got an air fryer and used it to roast red snapper daily at my mom's house for some bullshit diet. Eventually, the clinging, horrifying stench had permeated every surface and was leaking into bedrooms and it caused an eruption in which it was demanded the air fryer disappear

We volunteered to take it. It makes wings or toasts up vegetable sides. It is so much countertop room spent for such a niche functionality but it was $free so I'm not complaining (I'm complaining)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

based on the sandwiches you've posted itt this is not shocking

Hmm, can I air fry sandwiches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

speaking of american fast food, latvia now has its first domino's. i need to check if i'm still like 5 minutes outside of their service range

I hope they imported the garlic parmesan sauce