Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I watched the Nintendo direct, got all sorts of wistful for my time playing through Metroid Prime like 20 years ago, and, well....

Like holy poo poo, it's just so goddamned EASY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I watched the Nintendo direct, got all sorts of wistful for my time playing through Metroid Prime like 20 years ago, and, well....

Like holy poo poo, it's just so goddamned EASY.

Primehack is nice and easy, it comes with emudeck. Also the prime remaster rom is out if you want to play it. it runs really good on the deck

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Barreft posted:

Primehack is nice and easy, it comes with emudeck. Also the prime remaster rom is out if you want to play it. it runs really good on the deck

Well, I've never played 2 or 3 to completion, so I'll likely stick with this.

Also wow, that was quick.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Speaking of the Direct, https://store.steampowered.com/app/1868180/Etrian_Odyssey_HD/ should be pretty great on the Deck if it's a decent port, although the price is a little steep.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Quixzlizx posted:

Speaking of the Direct, https://store.steampowered.com/app/1868180/Etrian_Odyssey_HD/ should be pretty great on the Deck if it's a decent port, although the price is a little steep.

It is now my most anticipated game for the deck. I love the series so I'm gonna eat the cost. It is a bit pricy yeah.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I’m sure there’ll be some preorder discounts. Really awesome that they’re getting ports.

I do wonder if they’ll lose something in the transition though. EO is one of those series that really took advantage of the DS’s form factor.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Their compromise for making the bottom screen stuff work is fairly bad imo and looks like it will be a pain in the rear end, but I bet you could bind it to the trackpad.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

CuddleCryptid posted:

Two people dead and the other traumatized forever for nothing :negative:

Truly this is the Deckest Dungeon.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Racing games are tough to play on Deck imo. They look and feel great at first but I feel like I just play way worse cause of the controller or the little screen or something.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

"Deck mode" where you have accelerometer steering by turning the Deck and the screen rotates in the counter direction to maintain a constant position relative to you

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barreft posted:

👀👀👀👀

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Barreft posted:

How does the remaster compare to Metroid Prime under PrimeHack?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I've only played the intro so far, but the remaster is actually pretty nice, not a low effort thing.
New models, textures and effects. Has the effects on the arm cannon that were lost in the Trilogy collection on the Wii. Looks pretty.

Has 4 control modes, new dual analogue mode, classic mode (like the GameCube), pointer mode (like the Wii) and hybrid mode (pointer but with dual analogue, I think)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

And you can play this through which emulator? Someone said yuzu sucked. What's the recommended alternative?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

not to be a lil babby but maybe this piracy chat should move to the Discord. I don't want my faveourite console's thread raided by the feds!!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
afaik discord actually cracks down on piracy these days whereas nobody gives a poo poo about the dead comedy forum, so that sounds like a bad idea

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the mods on this forum are in the pocket of Big Ninty

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I am in no way asking for :filez: and I never would.

But we can't talk about emulators now?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the mods on this forum are in the pocket of Big Ninty

:prepop:

My stance has always been talk about emulators and whatnot, just do not link to the files.

Also delete all your roms after 24 hours like a good pirate.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

And you can play this through which emulator? Someone said yuzu sucked. What's the recommended alternative?

Ryujinx

Steam Rom Manager has Ryujinx unlinked in the parsers by default. Enable it to have it show up with your roms in Collections like Yuzu

You also need to download the shaders for a really smooth experience, but that's :filez:

Barreft fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Feb 9, 2023

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'd say talking about emulating an old Gamecube game is one thing, talking about emulating a game that literally came out 12 hours ago and saying it's available on pirate sites is another thing entirely. This wouldn't be the first time people in this thread have had to be told yo, maybe don't talk constantly about how you pirate all the games on your Deck.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

njsykora posted:

I'd say talking about emulating an old Gamecube game is one thing, talking about emulating a game that literally came out 12 hours ago and saying it's available on pirate sites is another thing entirely.

Oh! I thought you were talking about Prime hack.
I did not realise Nintendo re-released prime (do not keep up with the news).

Yeah, 'brand new' games do not have the same protections. Emulating old tough to get stuff can talk about just not where to get them, and most recent stuff keep to oneself please.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Emulation has always been fine but when it’s in reference to a game that literally came out less than 24 hours you’re not exactly talking about preservation or getting an old game running.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Only meaning to say Ryujinx is better than Yuzu on Deck and PC imo. Done talking about it now

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Barreft posted:

Only meaning to say Ryujinx is better than Yuzu on Deck and PC imo. Done talking about it now

That's all I wanted to know.

Sorry all, didn't mean to cause a kerfuffle. :shobon:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
No kerfuffle caused :)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1623689799541596161?s=46&t=h4SUI5GUrDTtlWF84Zepzg

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Veotax posted:

I've only played the intro so far, but the remaster is actually pretty nice, not a low effort thing.
New models, textures and effects. Has the effects on the arm cannon that were lost in the Trilogy collection on the Wii. Looks pretty.
PrimeHack has an option to restore the arm cannon effects, though I still think they don't look quite right (maybe it's the 2x native res?) so I kept them off.

Also I CleanRipped my own drat copies of Metroid Prime. Thrice!

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

not to be a lil babby but maybe this piracy chat should move to the Discord. I don't want my faveourite console's thread raided by the feds!!

Previous console generations that aren't commercially being sold in some capacity can legally be archived, distributed, and downloaded for archival purposes. Hell, every generation's ROMs are available on archive.org, all the way up to PS3.

It's not really piracy, per se.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dunno what you think the switch is

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

dunno what you think the switch is

I'm free to legally rip and emulate my Switch collection on my Deck just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIYvPNtWZ34

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you crazy

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

No real opinion but no way I'm clicking on that thumbnail.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It’s Linus Tech Tips.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

You gotta disable the embed and warn people if you're posting Linus Tech Tips.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Detective No. 27 posted:

It’s Linus Tech Tips.

you say this as though it means something

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They’re a good channel. Thumbnails are clickbaity as hell but I attribute that to them having to play the YouTube game. But regardless, their content is quality. Reminds me of TechTV back in the day, before they got bought out and gutted by G4.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Asking on behalf of a friend who has a Deck. Worked fine until last night when she tried to wake it from sleep to play, it wouldn't turn on. It powers off apparently, but when you turn it back on, you only get the initial power on sound and after that nothing. No picture on the screen, controls don't do anything.

Things she's tried:
- Letting the battery drain completely to see if it recovers after that.
- Shutting it down properly by holding the power button down for 12 seconds and trying to turn it on afterwards.
- Trying to start up into the boot loader, doesn't get there.
- Tried to boot while holding ... and +, doesn't do anything.

No SD cards or anything that could be fried and preventing the thing from starting up, but could also easily be taken out.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions before the thing gets RMA'd? To me it feels like if the thing is turning on and making some kind of sound, it sounds like it's not completely dead but who knows.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

i haven't bothered with the demo fest bc half of them won't work on the deck without tweaking. has anybody found some that are good deck games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this is all irrelevant, Vampire survivors update just released