Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I feel like by the time all the DLC Emblems come out I'm going to feel like I have to play on Maddening just to get the level of moderate challenge I got from Hard on a first playthrough. I'm assuming they're all going to be strong as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
he's french

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

GateOfD posted:

what does it mean when Zeikov talks and certain words have *marks* on them.
doe he have a unique dialect?

He's just a weird fucker.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
he's vel'koz from league of legends

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Looking at the achievement menu for the first time right before the final battle

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ajkalan posted:

Looking at the achievement menu for the first time right before the final battle

Aren't you glad there's a "get all" button?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
saw the direct. soren's model is very cute, im glad ike's husband is finally here

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Harrow posted:

I feel like by the time all the DLC Emblems come out I'm going to feel like I have to play on Maddening just to get the level of moderate challenge I got from Hard on a first playthrough. I'm assuming they're all going to be strong as hell.

Even if they were reasonable, there's still a good chunk of the game where you don't otherwise have emblems for everyone-- which also means you'll get way more sp across your group.

I'll probably get the dlc if the fourth wave has a fun challenge like Cindered Shadows, but I'm not very interested in the power increase from the dlc emblems and bonus items in the regular game.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Release Abyssal difficulty.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/hresvelgers/status/1623502368133328897?s=20&t=obOmDTue6jbg-VyobEgnQg

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Soren's so cool.

There should be more non-lord Emblems

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Soren's so cool.

There should be more non-lord Emblems

The protag really should just be some mud farmer fighting against oppression or some poo poo. The chosen one narratives are very lazy and bad

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

holy poo poo lol

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

hell yeah

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm assuming there's going to be a difficult spike again after finishing chapter 17, but so far the stats are less inflated than I thought. No one on my team really gets doubled outside of Pannette, and only by the speedsters enemies since she has 16 spd.

(Now granted, there were no dagger users on 17 which are the literal worst enemy types)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/hresvelgers/status/1623521714037456898?s=20

i love him so much

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

i will spend all my bond fragments to collect all the soren bonds because i have excellent taste in fe all time faves

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

soren is the goat

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
That rules and now I’m kinda miffed that he’s not in the base game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean, there's literally no world where he's in over Ike

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Endgame: Spawning a group of sages with Physic staves at the bottom of the map when all my guys are at the top, and then having them heal the boss to full while he puts up an anti-damage shield, is very rude and should not happen, in my opinion.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

goty forever

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

As ever, Soren brings the comedy.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

lol

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Soren you're my favorite character again, welcome back buddy.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/ufocr4ze/status/1623513156768374785?s=46&t=xmuOzUI-R1o9ezh9ofbvkA

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like the convo where fogado compliments his brand and soren gets really confused by it

seems like the devs put a lot more effort into the dlc bond convos. which, i guess you're paying for them, but.

or maybe its because the dlc emblems have more distinct personalities than the lords

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Every Fire Emblem since PoR has had a design document titled "how Soren would roast every character in this game".

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Well ok I guess I’m getting the dlc then.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

i like the convo where fogado compliments his brand and soren gets really confused by it

seems like the devs put a lot more effort into the dlc bond convos. which, i guess you're paying for them, but.

or maybe its because the dlc emblems have more distinct personalities than the lords

A lot of the base game emblems seem really off but some of them are good. Ike is probably the best but Lucina, Roy and Sigurd have some funny ones.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/sorenlover_666/status/1623478669766283264?s=46&t=xmuOzUI-R1o9ezh9ofbvkA

The Flare animation reference…………..

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Put Soren in every Fire Emblem.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/kowaiakias/status/1623526734296657924

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Hector's "spend 20% HP to keep enemies from stopping on diagonal squares" is such an odd ability, both because Hector wants high HP for Riposte and because it seems to be a "prevent enemies from attacking at 2 range" skill that forgets that enemies can just shoot you from two linear tiles away instead. Honestly think the best use for it might just be putting Hector on Panette as an alternative to Panette + Ike strategies, and then using that skill to activate her +10 crit from Blood Fury. Otherwise the ring seems like a pretty straightforward "build a Enemy Phase juggernaut" Emblem that's somewhat hurt by not getting a cool 1-2 range Engage weapon. (Runesword does not count. Putting Runesword on Hector was a joke about that weapon being kind of bad in FE7.)

Camilla is three Emblems in one! "I need an Emblem that gives some speed and I'd also like magical weapons, and +move is nice," "I want a cool axe and a lot of resistance, and +move is nice," and "I want to put Dragon Vein on another character, and also +move is nice." The design doesn't quite mesh. I guess Yunaka might like using her...? She does have a weirdly high magic growth and Thief has no way to use it natively, plus the fog generator on a Covert and a big +Attack weapon for armors and +resistance to help Yunaka tank mages. Kind of a shame the Dragon Vein effects seem to be identical to Corrin's, that's a missed opportunity. (endgame thing) In light of the +HP and +Speed, there might be an argument that Camilla is better for Veyle to give her some actual offense to go with her Dragon Vein utility, though losing Draconic Hex and the freeze makes that a tough sell.

Soren feels like an attempt to redesign Celica, between Bolting hitting a similar niche to Warp Ragnarok and a similar tome damage niche. I don't think I'd ever use the magic damage reflection staff. (Maybe for giggles on the "Griss in the dark" chapter?) Giving the person with him Draconic Hex would be funny with Bolting. Haven't actually done this stage yet, though, so I haven't seen his full set yet.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
i just made an ungodly cackling noise. soren's the best.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I was hoping for a Tanith bracelet so we could finally have a Fire Emblem game with Reinforce in it again, but if Veronica works kind of like that, then good enough!!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

i just made an ungodly cackling noise. soren's the best.

https://twitter.com/hresvelgers/status/1623505187984769025?s=46&t=tDyiLGy5HzfKv-uK1SGUAQ

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

holy poo poo

he's anime Mike Ehrmantraut

I woke up. The Emblem Ring was gone. That's all I know.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am not going to buy DLC until at least the actual story part is out, but these bond convos kind of make me want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
dlc working. I like Soren now