Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Victor Vermis posted:

MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 26514

Lol ggs, you were dropping sick variants. Also every match there were like 3 new cards I hadn’t seen before, I had to check your deck size. Sorry my infinite cards are mostly boring zoo drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

buffalo all day posted:

Lol ggs, you were dropping sick variants. Also every match there were like 3 new cards I hadn’t seen before, I had to check your deck size. Sorry my infinite cards are mostly boring zoo drops

As advertised, most of my infinity cards are sick alts of random bullshit. I am a sucker for nonsense.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm happy that no one is playing surfer but I don't really understand why.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

I'm happy that no one is playing surfer but I don't really understand why.

Everyone got dat M.O.D.O.K fever.

https://i.imgur.com/c4CRBM9.mp4

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ninurta posted:

I pinned Mystique in the token store last night, so of course I got her in a collector's cache today. I've only played one game so far with her but so far she's supersized Patriot in my Dear Ultron deck. This deck has been having a good win rate the past two weeks but am not 100% sure in the card make up.

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Shocker
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Ultron
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWlzdHlLbmlnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNob2NrZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkthWmFyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJVbHRyb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ildhc3AifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDeWNsb3BzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYXJlZGV2aWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBhdHJpb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I keep Wasp in the hand because if there's a Death Altar/Vormir she makes for a quick drop, plus worse comes to worse I play her on a later round and Patriot boosts her to a 0/3. Also, I can't have Ant Man without Wasp. Hobgoblin can help close out/weaken a cocky opponent on 5 but could swap it out. Otherwise I am overall liking the deck but every game has to go in more or less the right order, although Sacred Timeline helps me spam Patriot buffs to Misty/Shocker/Cyclops if Ultron goes on a break.
I would swap Abomination for Hobgoblin, since he gets buffed by Patriot

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Skippy McPants posted:

augh nutsack to the face

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would swap Abomination for Hobgoblin, since he gets buffed by Patriot

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I'm finding MODOK is exactly the kind of card I want from a season pass. It's fun to play, interesting to use, and creates some excitingly fun situations without being absolutely game breaking (at least not immediately i guess).

Personally I paid for both Surfer and Zabu and I think they were both broken at release and should have been nerfed sooner. Both changes are good compromises that I think instill the spirit of what they were going for with each of them better. Weirdly, the Zabu makes me want Shanna for my Zoo deck (Zabu on 2, Shanna on 3, Kazar + another 1 drop on 4 seems like a really good money play) that I honestly wouldn't have bothered with in a world of double drop Spideys and Shuri and Darkhawks.

Whatever, it's their game, I'm just here to bitch about bad RNG.

Edit: Gonna bitch about some bad RNG! 5 loving times in a row today Scarlet Witch did a location change to Shuri's Lab. Every loving time that's what it changed to. Along with the amount of times I've seen Weirdworld today, something is very fucky with the RNG algo today.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 9, 2023

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Post Zabu nerf I think he’s an ok drop in ongoing spectrum/onslaught decks now instead of somethjng to build a team around

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Most recently pulled Zero, anyone got a good deck for him without she hulk or shuri? I imagine big cards with downsides like typhoid, red skull etc..

Something different from my morb/modok/drac/apoc deck for a bit would be nice!

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

priznat posted:

Most recently pulled Zero, anyone got a good deck for him without she hulk or shuri? I imagine big cards with downsides like typhoid, red skull etc..

Something different from my morb/modok/drac/apoc deck for a bit would be nice!

You've hit the nail on the head with Skull/Typhoid synergy. Also good with Titania if you have her and Lizard. Ebony Maw as well.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Kooriken posted:

You've hit the nail on the head with Skull/Typhoid synergy. Also good with Titania if you have her and Lizard. Ebony Maw as well.

Will he let you play maw after turn 3 or is it only the effects once the card is played that are negated?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

priznat posted:

Will he let you play maw after turn 3 or is it only the effects once the card is played that are negated?

The latter. Only Sauron can strip Maw's "can't play" effect while he's still in your hand.

And Leech, I guess.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Walla posted:

With the Zabu nerf, maybe I can finally make my Sandman Ronan deck a reality.

MODOK Meta is about to destroy you 😔

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh my god. I just got Darkhawk out of a reserve at CL1510. Holy poo poo.

What’s this good in again? Zabu? I have Rock Slide…

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Unsure after the Zabu nerf. He's still a very strong 4-drop, but there might not be a deck he slots into at the moment. There's probably a Zabu list that runs a more reasonable curse that'll still take him.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Sandwolf posted:

He’s either just a decent but not amazing 4 drop or you build your deck around him.

If you’re just looking to use 4 drops with Zabu then you can just add him in. If you want to build a deck then add Korg, Black Widow, Rockslide plus some combination of Mystique, Moon Girl and Arnim Zola to a deck. The idea is to pump his bonus up high with the first three while disrupting your opponent’s deck, then get a second version of him with either of the latter three so that you win two lanes with his bonuses.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Studio posted:

MODOK Meta is about to destroy you 😔

Unfortunately all I match against is lovely Patriot Ultron so I'm stuck playing control if I don't want to immediately retreat from 50% of games.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Walla posted:

Unfortunately all I match against is lovely Patriot Ultron so I'm stuck playing control if I don't want to immediately retreat from 50% of games.

MODOK can beat Patriot Ultron, I’ve done it a few times.

Edit - I don’t know what this was originally in response to and I’m too lazy to look.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I have lost 3 times in a row to Shuri > fattie > Zola.. you'd think I'd see it coming by now.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

New Leaf posted:

I have lost 3 times in a row to Shuri > fattie > Zola.. you'd think I'd see it coming by now.

If after they play Shuri and there's an empty lane, your next drop should be either Shang Chi (without priority) or Armor and consider that lane lost. It took me way longer than it should have to notice the pattern.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I always forget Armor is a Zola counter

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Turns need to be half as long. It seems some people do a weird "strategy" of taking the entire turn length, every turn, I guess hoping their opponent just rage quits at like turn 3 and they get 1 or 2 cubes?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

im sure some people do that, saw it enough in Hearthstone, but also some people get distracted or need time to think about what they're doing

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

Turns need to be half as long. It seems some people do a weird "strategy" of taking the entire turn length, every turn, I guess hoping their opponent just rage quits at like turn 3 and they get 1 or 2 cubes?

Look, math is hard, ok.

I would honestly be ok with a sliding timer where you have half as long for T1 as you do T6 or something and it progressively gets longer. Sometimes by T6 I've got a really complicated drop where I need to do some quick math as well as ensure I'm dropping in proper order.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

Question - after tanking your mmr, have you been running into "cheater" bots this season or just the same regular idiot bots? I'm trying to formulate a theory but I've never seen cheater bots.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 9, 2023

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Oh hey I just opened Black Panther now to hunt me a Zola.

I ran into a someone yesterday who, for both of our first plays in a lane, played an Enchantress which flipped after my Morbius. It was the greatest read in snap, some of the craziest luck I've seen, or a bot reading a play.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 9, 2023

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

DrBouvenstein posted:

I play throughout the day and I never know when someone is going to interrupt me (client, romantic partner, cat, etc.). I try to be polite to my fellow players but life happens sometimes. While I would prefer to not waste others' time I do have a lot of players who assume that if I'm taking too long its because I don't know what I'm doing so I get some free cubes out of it. Honestly, it would be a waste of my own time to just rope for that reason and if I have the attention to give I'm going to get more cubes from finishing games more quickly.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

Question - after tanking your mmr, have you been running into "cheater" bots this season or just the same regular idiot bots? I'm trying to formulate a theory but I've never seen cheater bots.

I've only seen one bot that sequenced in a manner I'd call "cheating." I don't remember the exact moves, but it played an extremely unlikely line that let it beat my power total by, like, two points. Really it doesn't seem all that common. Most of the bots I've run into are a free four-to-eight cubes.

Edit: also, I don't think I tanked my MMR that much. The same day as the new season, I saw people with infinite titles and even one today who has the new infinite card back already.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 9, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

DrBouvenstein posted:

This morning I was desperately trying to finish an online meal order between turns while waiting in line to drop my daughter off at school. Some of us multitask. Go grab a drink or something between rounds, we'll wait for you.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

I've only seen one bot that sequenced in a manner I'd call "cheating." I don't remember the exact moves, but it played an extremely unlikely line that let it beat my power total by, like, two points. Really it doesn't seem all that common. Most of the bots I've run into are a free four-to-eight cubes.

Edit: also, I don't think I tanked my MMR that much. The same day as the new season, I saw people with infinite titles and even one today who has the new infinite card back already.
My guess is those are your peers in tanking not really possible otherwise. Word's out I suppose.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

Trump once took a 40-minute turn in a competitive Hearthstone match.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

My guess is those are your peers in tanking not really possible otherwise. Word's out I suppose.

They could also just be other people who donated cubes. Overall my competition has been fairly still. Series 3 complete decks with plenty of 4s and 5s sprinkled in. None of the janky series 2 decks I was starting to see at the end of last season.

I think I just didn't tank my MMR nearly as much as needed. I probably only played fewer than 100 giveaway games.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Messed around with the Modok/Morbius/Mystique deck that No Wave posted (very fun!) and also have enjoyed playing with Invisible Woman/Hela (also fun but I don't like that you're typically SOL without drawing Hela) -- anyone had success with a list that goes in the Swarm direction? Would love to see it.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

This could be random but the decks I'm seeing today...

1) way less MODOK
2) a ton more Goblins
3) constantly giving me 8 cubes

I'm not sure if a streamer featured a deck like #2 or if I'm just getting some weird variance. Either way, my Odin and Zola don't give a gently caress.

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

New Leaf posted:

This morning I was desperately trying to finish an online meal order between turns while waiting in line to drop my daughter off at school. Some of us multitask. Go grab a drink or something between rounds, we'll wait for you.

Idk, personally I wouldn’t attempt to play a children’s superhero poker analouge while handling my responsibles but to each their own

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Born in Bexhill posted:

Idk, personally I wouldn’t attempt to play a children’s superhero poker analouge while handling my responsibles but to each their own

Yeah, was that guy saying he's playing while driving his kid to school? I don't care that you're "in line" and it moves one car at a time every couple of minutes, don't play a phone game while driving, ever. especially in a school zone?

But even taking in everyone's bad excuses...EVERY GOD drat TURN?! No. gently caress you. I've taken a while on a turn sometimes because yes, my GF asked me something, or I needed to figure out if Mystique copying a Patriot is better than dropping a Blue Marvel, but that's once, maybe twice a game...not EVERY turn going to the end of the timer.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I had reasonable expectations for MODOK and he has blown them out of the water. Thoughts on MODOK decks:

1.) Morbius is always run with him, it's too good for too little cost.
2.) Mystique needs another ongoing to justify her inclusion she's dead too often otherwise. (This is why I have such a hard on for dino in MODOK lists.)
3.) Swarm implies that you'll run at least one other discard card, and that you're also running either Apoc or chavez.
4.) Hela/Invisible woman/MODOK is a really efficient 3 card package in terms of deckbuilding cost. The deck build should be less about maximizing the value of the Hela and more about playing a functional deck if you don't get the combo off (see BP+Zola in electro ramp for a similar concept). It is my least favorite MODOK archetype in any case.
5.) Collector really wants helicarrier to feel competitive, he's only core in the wong mystique full meme lists.
6.) Try coulson with MODOK it's great.
7.) MODOK is a challenging build around because so many discard cards pull you further into discard (You run MODOK and Morbius, might as well run colleen+swarm, now you need a good T6 after T5 MODOK, now you're in apoc and might as well run Sif, now you're running sif might as well run infinaut + ghost rider, etc etc).
8.) Turn 6 MODOK can be viable so there are costs to running Chavez.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 9, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I've played around with the Hela version and just don't like it as much as Swarm/Morb/Apoc/Drac. I think if you run the Invisible Woman version you'll need something to pull Cosmo off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, was that guy saying he's playing while driving his kid to school? I don't care that you're "in line" and it moves one car at a time every couple of minutes, don't play a phone game while driving, ever. especially in a school zone?

But even taking in everyone's bad excuses...EVERY GOD drat TURN?! No. gently caress you. I've taken a while on a turn sometimes because yes, my GF asked me something, or I needed to figure out if Mystique copying a Patriot is better than dropping a Blue Marvel, but that's once, maybe twice a game...not EVERY turn going to the end of the timer.

I’ve straight forgotten I was in a match before because I’ve been pulled away to do something else. Like maybe I played the first turn and then had to put out a metaphorical fire and returned to my phone 10 min later saying “oh crap I was in a game, and drat I had a good hand”