Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who ya got?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs 42 41.18%
Eagles 60 58.82%
Total: 102 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'll forever love stories like those in sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gonz posted:

The Toronto Maple Leafs lost an NHL game, 6-3, to the Carolina Hurricanes’ emergency goalie on February 22nd, 2020.

He was the rink’s 42 year old zamboni driver.

If you were that zamboni driver, you could tell that story for a lifetime and never get tired of it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean you can read the article. The vast majority of the expenses are the salary of three people

It’s a scam

I will never read paragraphs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

tl;dr

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

If you were that zamboni driver, you could tell that story for a lifetime and never get tired of it.

I could also tell people that I am a zamboni driver and never get tired of it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ornery and Hornery posted:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Randall Cunningham was a union man

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Gonz posted:

The Toronto Maple Leafs lost an NHL game, 6-3, to the Carolina Hurricanes’ emergency goalie on February 22nd, 2020.

This was in Toronto, and not only was he the Zamboni Driver for the team, but he was a practice goalie with the Leafs too. So he was familiar with who he was up against and Toronto being Toronto was all bent out of shape about it and tried to get the rules changed.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

syzpid posted:

This was in Toronto, and not only was he the Zamboni Driver for the team, but he was a practice goalie with the Leafs too. So he was familiar with who he was up against and Toronto being Toronto was all bent out of shape about it and tried to get the rules changed.

lol

lmao

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

fsif posted:

I have non-Covid pneumonia right now. Other diseases do still exist!

Sorry to hear, man. I had pneumonia a few weeks back and was coughing up God knows what until basically this past weekend. Took just as long to stop getting winded walking up a flight of stairs.

poo poo sucks.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

getting winded walking up a flight of stairs

Don’t try to pin “being a goon” on pneumonia

(Sorry about the illness)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Checking in on the Bengals fans who moved on

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Gonz posted:

Also, because Toronto lost that game they were the 8th seed and the Hurricanes were the 6th seed. Had Toronto won that game, they would have been 6th seed and the Hurricanes 8th. Toronto went on to lose to 9th seeded Columbus in the first round, while the Hurricanes defeated the 11th seeded Rangers.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

Dunking on random strangers at work seems a little weird but lol at getting super buttmad about it

Also if you have to ask if you’re being a huge Karen…

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm guessing her husband was wearing a Bengals shirt?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'm guessing her husband was wearing a Bengals shirt?

Really it's his fault for breaking the Disney Magic - he shouldn't have been wearing Bengals gear if he's in a Galaxy Far, Far Away.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
She needs to leave the outer rim once and a while.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

kiimo posted:

DISNEY MAGIC!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

That Disney cast member was me

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

kiimo posted:

I was at Disney in the late 90s waiting for Typhoon Lagoon to open. This guy was running through all the rules for the 40-50 people waiting and he finished his spiel with "Good News! The Knicks lost to the Pacers last night" everyone cheered while I was wearing a Knicks shirt. This was i think the playoff series the Knicks lost to the Pacers in 7 games.

Docjowles posted:

Dunking on random strangers at work seems a little weird but lol at getting super buttmad about it

Also if you have to ask if you’re being a huge Karen…

I used to work at a UPS Store and it was good pay, chill job and basically one of the nicest jobs I have had. When they changed Amazon returns to the stupid no box QR code it absolutely ruined the job. I would purposely dunk and mess with Amazon customers hoping they wouldn't come back.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

Lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kiimo posted:

Disney Magic is spending 18 dollars for a churro

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Sorry to hear, man. I had pneumonia a few weeks back and was coughing up God knows what until basically this past weekend. Took just as long to stop getting winded walking up a flight of stairs.

poo poo sucks.

Joke's on you, I get winded walking up a flight of stairs under normal circumstances :smug:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

move faster, week

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

shyduck posted:

move faster, week

Seriously, I want the drat Puppy Bowl :argh:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shyduck posted:

move faster, week

We barely even talked about press day in here I think which is the main reason they do this two week thing. No one cares about this extra week, let's get to it.

I say as a person who in this particular instance is cheering for a team that probably did need that extra week to get kinda healthy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

Seriously, I want the drat Puppy Bowl :argh:

You could be watching Scrimmages right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN7ya4DHYoo

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

We barely even talked about press day in here I think which is the main reason they do this two week thing. No one cares about this extra week, let's get to it.

I say as a person who in this particular instance is cheering for a team that probably did need that extra week to get kinda healthy.
It's just so loving boring, like nobody is going to give anything away and half the questions are "do you want to win the game". Seems like a relic of the past that could probably go and not many would miss it

edit: and move the game to Saturday already

shyduck fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 9, 2023

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Kalli posted:

You could be watching Scrimmages right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN7ya4DHYoo

Just started casting this to our big TV in the office, thank you, friend

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's a slog but I think giving both teams a sort of bye and letting them get a bit healthier is a good thing for the game.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Grittybeard posted:

They do have the league honors ceremony tonight, I guess.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

fsif posted:

It's a slog but I think giving both teams a sort of bye and letting them get a bit healthier is a good thing for the game.

Yeah agreed, especially given how much of a grind the rest of the season has become for the players

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

Yeah

shyduck posted:

move the game to Saturday already

Now we're cooking with gas. Super Bowl Monday is already a designated "nobody gets loving anything done at work cause we're all too hungover / bloated / talking about the game" day. Just push that back into the weekend.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

All the Philadelphia schools already have a two hour delay on Monday.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

are they feeding those pups cake, like with sugar cream etc?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Docjowles posted:

Yeah

Now we're cooking with gas. Super Bowl Monday is already a designated "nobody gets loving anything done at work cause we're all too hungover / bloated / talking about the game" day. Just push that back into the weekend.

How much time do these kids need to eat horse poop?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

How much time do these kids need to eat horse poop?

I'll have you know I poop a lot

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1623823662473412608?t=kpDIXB6ly6hCti4WkjQaWg&s=19

good luck with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

She needs to leave the outer rim once and a while.

At times I get sad all over again that we can't like posts