Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Argh, I had the CE in my BestBuy cart and now it's unavailable for checkout. gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Best buy did you a favor.

Does anyone know when Amazon plans to put the normal version for sale.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Eh screw it. I pre ordered the regular edition - I figure that there will be a big art book in the future as well as a soundtrack so those are the extras I’ll wait for. I also had some Best Buy rewards points so $10 off is nice.

Also I’m looking forward to playing Minish Cap- I never got it when it was out so hey neat.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Mahoning posted:

The Legend of Zelda Odyssey

my thoughts exactly lmao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh yeah, can't wait to finally replay Minish Cap after so many years. And I'd be able to sooner if they hadn't stealth dropped Metroid Prime on me, the jerks! :argh:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

If I were to bet money I'd say "lend him your power" is Zelda speaking to the TotK equivalent of the sages and is telling them to lend their power to Link.

And yes I ordered the collector's edition because I've ever done that before.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

WarpDogs posted:

my new insane theory, which came to me on my nightly walk, is that the ultimate goal is to reach the moon. points in the favor:

- blood moon, maybe that's where calamity originally comes from
- a focus on building vehicles, culminating in the ultimate vehicle: a multistage rocket are capable of attaining escape velocity from Hyrule
- homage to Majora's Mask which, like TotK, is a direct sequel and includes reused assets
-- the moon shedding a tear upon the kingdom is a major plot point of MM
- it'd rule

anyway, now I'm picturing the game starting with the "Reach the sky" objective, and then around the 4/5th mark it pans up even more, settles on the moon, and changes to "Ascend"

Take a cue from the plot of Hyrule Warriors and have all the games and timelines crashing into each other. That's why the Z1 dragon boss is hanging out on the bridge, etc. Go full Smash Bros/Mario Kart and just dump the entire franchise into one game.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

MokBa posted:

If I were to bet money I'd say "lend him your power" is Zelda speaking to the TotK equivalent of the sages and is telling them to lend their power to Link.

My bet is that, but there's also a possibility she's talking to Hylia Herself...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Runcible Cat posted:

My bet is that, but there's also a possibility she's talking to Hylia Herself...

But isnt that... :eyepop:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I can’t believe that we will finally be playing the follow up to BoTW in just a few months

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I can’t believe that we will finally be playing the follow up to BoTW in just a few months

They just delayed it to 2024 because they can't get Calamity Tingle's voice right.

St. Blaize
Oct 11, 2007
what are the chances the collectors edition preorders come back?

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Winifred Madgers posted:

Take a cue from the plot of Hyrule Warriors and have all the games and timelines crashing into each other. That's why the Z1 dragon boss is hanging out on the bridge, etc. Go full Smash Bros/Mario Kart and just dump the entire franchise into one game.

If you're really into Zelda lore, and unfortunately I am, BotW was already full of implications that the timelines had converged. TotK appears to be making these connections a little more explicit, so maybe it'll be a plot point and not just a neat background detail

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Zelda is telling Link to give his power to the true hero, Groose

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

WarpDogs posted:

TotK appears to be making these connections a little more explicit, so maybe it'll be a plot point and not just a neat background detail

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I remain convinced that Dehydrated Ganondorf is the corpse of Twilight Princess Ganondorf

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The villains are racing to combine dry rotted Ganondorf from TP with water logged Ganondorf from WW into one normal hydration Ganondorf.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

MokBa posted:

And yes I ordered the collector's edition because I've ever done that before.

It's just a low battery warning if your not playing docked.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
some of those sky structures look extensive enough to be more traditional dungeons

there's one that's just a big cube and i wonder what's inside

oh man i am excited

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Shiroc posted:

The villains are racing to combine dry rotted Ganondorf from TP with water logged Ganondorf from WW into one normal hydration Ganondorf.

"Okay, hear me out. You, the player, are playing a Zelda game while Gannondorf is playing a Hideo Kojima game"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

f#a# posted:

some of those sky structures look extensive enough to be more traditional dungeons

oh man i am excited

It's just another, smaller cube

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I am so pumped for this game. Can't wait. Looks great. I just hope it's as long and as big if not bigger than BOTW. Now do I actually care about the special addition just for the steel book. If it had the real soundtrack, totally, but come one. Also, I wish BOTW would get an official CD release for the soundtrack that wasn't the Japanese addition because I want to correctly label the tracks in my iTunes library :ohdear:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

St. Blaize posted:

what are the chances the collectors edition preorders come back?

Remaining retailers are Target and Amazon now. There's a slight chance that GameStop might be taking instore preorders but I wouldn't bank on that.

Wario64 is a good follow on twitter for notifications.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Why can't physical editions come with a digital code for the game? Or at least special editions, since you're already paying an inflated price. I'd be a lot more tempted by that artbook if I could just download a copy of the game I've already paid for afterwards, rather than futzing around with cartridges.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh yeah, can't wait to finally replay Minish Cap after so many years. And I'd be able to sooner if they hadn't stealth dropped Metroid Prime on me, the jerks! :argh:

Speaking of, is there any word on a Switch version of Wind Waker? I have played it before, but I'd still like to play it again.

Cojawfee posted:

They just delayed it to 2024 because they can't get Calamity Tingle's voice right.

The real problem is finding the right dong to stuff into a morphsuit for the mocap. The interviews are loving aaaawkward!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Just noticed:

That's Thyphlo Ruins un-darked in the background!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Runcible Cat posted:

Just noticed:

That's Thyphlo Ruins un-darked in the background!

Holy poo poo :eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

f#a# posted:

oh man i am excited

yeah that big cube one that is like shrouded by distance sky and cloud is just mouth watering. hypercube???

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Motto posted:

In the delay announcement video there's a clip of it completely shattered nearly down to the hilt.
fi... :qq:

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
It would be really cool if you could do things like create your own rail traversal network. Very Death Stranding

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

the Deku Tree is going to be so pissed

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

yeah that big cube one that is like shrouded by distance sky and cloud is just mouth watering. hypercube???

It’s actually a GameCube, the WW/TP ports are inside

Costco Meatballs posted:

It would be really cool if you could do things like create your own rail traversal network. Very Death Stranding Sonic Frontiers

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The file size is so big because they jammed both WWHD and TPHD into the game

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Costco Meatballs posted:

It would be really cool if you could do things like create your own rail traversal network. Very Death Stranding

"I'm Link!"

"Hey, my name's Link too!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

f#a# posted:

oh man i am excited

A big, floating Cube you say...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnuRpHkg0H8

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Costco Meatballs posted:

Final boss is going to be Mallardus from Spirit Tracks. Choo-choo!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

tsob posted:

Speaking of, is there any word on a Switch version of Wind Waker? I have played it before, but I'd still like to play it again.

I don't think so, I kept waiting for them to trot it out at a TotK delay or something but nope. Maybe they'll get to it next if they keep sticking with the same hardware indefinitely and want another Zelda game that's not a massive time sink. I really want it, especially after spending two afternoons last year trying and failing to resurrect my Wii U specifically for it.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

WarpDogs posted:

In fairness, leaving your divine relic sword exposed to the elements for millennia on end between boughts of hard use is a policy that was bound to run down sooner or later. Maybe whoever takes care of it while Link is presently Dead/Indisposed could have stood to think on it a little harder.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

WarpDogs posted:

Now they pre-break the items so you don't have to be mad about them breaking

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

External Organs posted:

"Okay, hear me out. You, the player, are playing a Zelda game while Gannondorf is playing a Hideo Kojima game"

"Ganon, it's me, ReDeadman. I need you to deliver 500 pounds of PS Vitas Sheikah Slates to the Collector.
"Ganon, it's me, Heartcontainerman. I managed to craft grenades from your own personal ChuChu Jelly that will ward off enemies!"

Count me in as some one who would also like to play Windwaker HD. Surprised they haven't made it available already (ok maybe not that surprised considering 3D All-Stars doesn't include Galaxy 2).

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The one cool thing specific to the current WWHD release was that they did a great job using the Wii U pad for stuff like maps and inventory. It's just so much smoother than the separate pause screens, I really miss being able to do that on the Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The gamepad showing the map made getting treasure chests so much easier. I'd never want to go back to needing to work out my exact placement by switching to the pause screen again.