Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Fritz the Horse posted:

"I demand to be unbanned from D&D so I can continue doing the same kind of posting in dadchat that got me forum-banned from D&D" is not a very good argument, and I gave them a 6er reminder. They posted they knew they were inviting a ban.

I don't have a lot of good will toward someone who posted

If they wanna nonstop own the libs and fantasize about executing D&D posters in the coming revolution they can do it somewhere that isn't D&D.

That posting doesn't bring anything of interest or value to this thread or a hypothetical USPol successor.

edit: I'd also note that posters who end up forum-banned from D&D don't have a great track record of not being absolute psychos elsewhere and many of them are now perma'd for being lunatics in CSPAM etc. It takes an awful lot of bad posting over an extended period of time to get booted.

Its super normal to be called psycho by someone who's been harboring a grudge for 2 years over a post in CSPAM. I'd message Koos over this but I lost all my upgrades due to the ban so I can't PM anyone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

It's almost as funny as the smarxist comic, you gotta at least have some level of self awareness on this one, bud

:thejoke:

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
We're leaving nothing for the future but sorrow and desperation as we cling to our institutions and establishments, and nothing short of the inevitable cascading failure and collapse will see it stop.. So I guess we might as well laugh at everything, with intent for contentious malcontent content.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Bishyaler posted:

Its super normal to be called psycho by someone who's been harboring a grudge for 2 years over a post in CSPAM. I'd message Koos over this but I lost all my upgrades due to the ban so I can't PM anyone.

No, dig UP

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bishyaler posted:

rip

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gdi

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

I was joking.

But its funnier if we pretend you weren't!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

It's like one of those jokes everyone knows from a band trip where the set up by the chaperone is like 20 minutes of rambling nonsense and then they're confused when the "punchline" of "screw you, clown!" doesn't land to uproarious laughter

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
An hour long variation on "but doctor"

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
hehe

butt doctor

e- wtf is this slow mode poo poo

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Yep, and that’s exactly why I didn’t go rebuy all my upgrades. The same dadchat I’ve been doing for a year is now against the rules because we were told to come here.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harold Fjord posted:

hehe

butt doctor

e- wtf is this slow mode poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M0jm-cwZeo

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Gentrification sucks.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

yooooooo octopath rules, and im gald its getting a sequel. it owns almost as much as me not being permabanned, or that if im banned lurkers will give me certs, or that if im probated for very long times unjustly itll get overturned eventually.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Skrillexians.. here, in orbit around Rigel 4?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
g'morning, someone convince me to work this lunch shift

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Crime on a Dime posted:

The Skrillexians.. here, in orbit around Rigel 4?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

World Famous W posted:

Don't do it. It's Super Bowl Friday. Ask for a religious exemption.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
i just wanna weed and play tome today

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

World Famous W posted:

i just wanna weed and play tome today

What is tome?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

A roguelike, Tales of May'eal or something

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

World Famous W posted:

i could report this post as advocating self harm, you might get a break, and that would entice you to work? maybe?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Oh snap the remade Metroid prime on the switch.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Oh snap the remade Metroid prime on the switch.

Yeah I'm probably going to use my Costco rewards to get one.

I think I'll be able to play Fall guys on it in the same room as my wife as an added bonus. currently we voice chat from 30ft or so

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Harold Fjord posted:

Yeah I'm probably going to use my Costco rewards to get one.

I think I'll be able to play Fall guys on it in the same room as my wife as an added bonus. currently we voice chat from 30ft or so

it's at the end of its life but the switch is an amazing console.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I beat the first Metroid prime and I am chronically unable to replay games because it makes me want to 100% it and gently caress all that scanning, but I hear good things about the other two

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Harold Fjord posted:

I beat the first Metroid prime and I am chronically unable to replay games because it makes me want to 100% it and gently caress all that scanning, but I hear good things about the other two

Prime 2 and 3 were both amazing games. I wish they would give us details on prime 4, but it will likely end up as a launch title for the new hardware at this rate.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I always hated filling out timesheets and forecasting my availability, but now that I have cause to do so bearing a grudge, I love filling them out

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

also where the gently caress is beetus

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

beetus come back
[Player guitar sounds]
you can blame it all on me
i post bad
but it just, ain't the same without you

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

beetus come back
[Player guitar sounds]
you can blame it all on me
i post bad
but it just, ain't the same without you

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The first person who recommends a good CRPG you can play on PC that I have not played before will get a free AV.

Bad Blood.

Or at least 12 year old me remembers it as good.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Zachack posted:

Bad Blood.

Or at least 12 year old me remembers it as good.

It's from 1990 and only runs in DOS. :(

Probably not going to put in the effort to see if there is an emulation of the game out there somewhere and a DOS virtual machine/emulator that will work with it.

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Probably not going to put in the effort to see if there is an emulation of the game out there somewhere and a DOS virtual machine/emulator that will work with it.

dosbox takes 3 seconds (figuratively) to set up

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

https://archive.org/details/msdos_Bad_Blood_1990

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lib and let die posted:

i could report this post as advocating self harm, you might get a break, and that would entice you to work? maybe?
only if the if the probe image is something sandwich related to encourage me

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

World Famous W posted:

only if the if the probe image is something sandwich related to encourage me

With your luck, you'd end up with a sad, failed, un-editable broken attempt at an image of a sandwich, and then no one's happy.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Okay, I'll try to set it up and see if it is good.

Zach, if you want a new AV, then post what you want in here or just wait to cash it in later.

Anyone else can still recommend CRPGs. Preferably those made in the last 20 years that I can just purchase or pirate.

Divinity Original Sin II was the last game I got really into (and had the time to be in to), so it has been quite a few years. But, I also tried basically every other CRPG similar to DOS 2 and haven't found anything close to as good as that was.

I played Baldur's Gate 2 a lot 20 years ago and am eagerly awaiting Baldur's Gate 3, but nothing else is on my radar and Baldur's Gate 3 has been in development for almost 4 years now and it is killing me.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Harold Fjord posted:

Goons dropping esoterica (is this a bad word for it? Sorry if so lol) like Fritz's stuff and everything from Mormon Star Wars are my favorite.

I think everyone way overreacted to bish. That's just bog standard "libs tend to support fascism" drawn to it's obvious post revolutionary conclusion

Elephant Ambush posted:

Also lmao that anyone interprets that Bishayler post as a call for violence. Terrified that Bernie Sanders will literally murder them in Central Park or whatever lololol

You don't need to defend everything your posting friends say, no matter how outrageous.

Dosbox? It's super easy.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Rappaport posted:

A roguelike, Tales of May'eal or something
yep, got a dwarf wymric with antimagic stomping around the orc lands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

This dosbox talk got me thinking of a kickass Moo i used to play as a teenager called Galaxy Web: Stellar Epoch. Text based games were this poo poo, it's a shame they have fallen out of favor.