Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The new LG washer/dryer models lasted exactly 1 week before being sold out. Maybe people who shop at Costco should stop having such good taste in appliances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hey my aunts husband prolly worked on that things design

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

skipdogg posted:

There is a Shark one that is one sale, or was recently on sale. I don't have it but another goon was looking at buying one a couple weeks ago.

I have bought refurbished Dysons from their ebay store and have had zero issues with them.

This might be worth a shot, worst case you return it

https://www.costco.com/tineco-pure-one-x-pet-smart-cordless-stick-vacuum.product.4000092313.html

This Shark is 60 off right now bringing it down to 239.99

https://www.costco.com/shark-cordless-pro-vacuum-with-clean-sense-iq.product.4000035456.html

That was me! I have that Shark Cordless Pro, It's a good vacuum. Cordless for convenience, light and small enough to hit the stairs easily which was my main trouble area. Good for small cleanups and maintenance.

The first vacuum of the stairs filled the dirt collector. Today's second run a week later was barely anything, maybe 1/8 of the bin.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

$500 isn't insane for a good vacuum, but I would only spend that much on a really good vacuum, i.e. a bagged canister vac. Bagless stick and uprights are way better than they used to be, but you can pry my Miele from my cold, dead, dust-free hands.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

We bought a Miele canister vac in 2020 but bought a house with vinyl plank flooring and realized the superiority of hard floors vs carpet, plus the only room we had for our canister vac was tucked into the back of our laundry closet (small house).

We realized we were never vacuuming because it was a pain in the rear end to dig out the vacuum every time so we did buy a stick vacuum, but went for a Dyson and it's been phenomenal. But we didn't buy it at Costco :negative: because they didn't have the Dyson.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

God yes, I do not miss having to use the canister vac on the stairs. I keep it downstairs where its easier to move around to vacuum and I have the LG stick from costco for upstairs and the stairs.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

God yes, I do not miss having to use the canister vac on the stairs. I keep it downstairs where its easier to move around to vacuum and I have the LG stick from costco for upstairs and the stairs.

When I was really going to town on it the first time I took the extension want off of it and just had a micro vacuum, beaters mounted directly to the motor and canister. Very effective, light, and at closer to the right length for working.

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

StormDrain posted:

That was me! I have that Shark Cordless Pro, It's a good vacuum. Cordless for convenience, light and small enough to hit the stairs easily which was my main trouble area. Good for small cleanups and maintenance.

The first vacuum of the stairs filled the dirt collector. Today's second run a week later was barely anything, maybe 1/8 of the bin.

Oh is so good. Very good. There's no limit on when you can take back small appliances so I'm on my third. I don't think they'll catch on that it's easier to take it back than it is to clean it when it starts to smell like a foot.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I wish Costco sold good glass meal prep containers. I use the glassware disposables right now but use about 20-25 a week losing maybe one per week to breakage.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

I wish Costco sold good glass meal prep containers. I use the glassware disposables right now but use about 20-25 a week losing maybe one per week to breakage.

Like food storage containers? I bought the Pyrex Snapware at Costco.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Like food storage containers? I bought the Pyrex Snapware at Costco.

I hate any of those containers that have the snap lock feature because on of them always breaks and then you can't get a good seal. The basic lid stuff is the best

https://www.costco.com/pyrex-10-piece-ultimate-glass-food-storage-set.product.100670950.html

This looks like a solid deal, but you'd need to buy 3 sets to get a good variety of meal sized containers.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I just reuse the plastic ones that takeout is sometimes served in until they disintegrate. That other big retailer that shall not be named has pretty affordable containers. I managed to get some thermal soup containers at Costco a couple years ago and they are still going strong. Great for absolutely anything.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I haven't looked in a while but I swear I've seen those plastic takeout containers, like 50 for $20 or something. The black rectangles with the clear lids? Might be as Costco Business Center only now, for some reason lately regular Costco has been lacking on a lot of commercial use things like that.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Costco is definitely more individual consumer oriented of the two, while the other has a greater amount of small business and resale items. When I was stocking a smallish retail store I worked at, we bought all our snacks there. While there, I noticed way more items meant for small kitchens, including things like shopping bags and takeout containers. I think I managed to purchase a 24 pack for something like $6-$7. Reusable containers are obviously the better option, but the take out containers (yes, the ones with the black bottom and clear top) are great for meal prep and can be washed and then reused. Until they have taken so much damage that they are no longer useable.

If you can find these on sale, I highly recommend them: https://www.costco.com/high-sierra-stainless-steel-food-jars%2C-set-of-2.product.100835764.html Great for basically anything. Salads, fruits, soups, chili, whatever really. I wouldn't pay $25 for them, but when I bought them they were way cheaper and if you are lucky enough to find the last pair in the store or something, on manager special, you can probably get them for half that price.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

What's the best way to find out if/when something not available at my local Costco will be in stock again? I'd like to get a Ninja Creami with my rewards this year, but the local warehouse hasn't had them since I think October or November last year. IIRC, I can't use a rewards certificate for online purchases.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Meaty Ore posted:

What's the best way to find out if/when something not available at my local Costco will be in stock again? I'd like to get a Ninja Creami with my rewards this year, but the local warehouse hasn't had them since I think October or November last year. IIRC, I can't use a rewards certificate for online purchases.

That's the good news, you don't

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Meaty Ore posted:

go to costco at least weekly, maybe daily

gotta be sure

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Psion posted:

go to costco at least weekly, maybe daily

gotta be sure

Dehumanize yourself and face to treasure hunt:

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/716/~/why-does-costco-have-a-treasure-hunt-atmosphere%3F

quote:

And, because we rotate out and introduce new merchandise all the time, we encourage you to purchase items that interest you sooner rather than later to avoid missing out.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of back in stock, the Kirkland honey mustard snack mix was back at my Costco.

That poo poo is my kryptonite and only :10bux:. It was in my cart before I realized what was happening.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

pentyne posted:

I haven't looked in a while but I swear I've seen those plastic takeout containers, like 50 for $20 or something. The black rectangles with the clear lids? Might be as Costco Business Center only now, for some reason lately regular Costco has been lacking on a lot of commercial use things like that.

They're always at my normie Costco with the huge rolls of tinfoil and plastic wrap

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

pentyne posted:

I hate any of those containers that have the snap lock feature because on of them always breaks and then you can't get a good seal. The basic lid stuff is the best

Huh, I've owned two Costco sets for about 8 years now I think? And I've only had one flap break but the lid still gets a good seal.

I like the Snapware too because I can throw it in my work backpack for my bus commute and not worry about leaking or something jostling the lid open.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Please do not close threads because you are on probation thank you

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:lol:

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Performing pilgrimage today. Call me a white woman because I’m about to get that dog in me.

PBUC

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Please do not close threads because you are on probation thank you

Tough but fair

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

mods desperate to avoid another sam's thread

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Imagine being so hosed up that you'd close a Costco thread

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I only recently found out that the buyers actually read the purchase suggestions that you can leave in that box near the return line.

It was no joke that a restaurant bought up all the canned, actually imported from Greece, dolma. I write it in now every time I go.

It was too good to stay for long.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The Costco thread should only be open from 10-8:30

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Soul Dentist posted:

The Costco thread should only be open from 10-8:30

Two hours earlier for :gas:

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Kaiser has the most expensive monthly premiums out of like any available insurance on the west coast. Its good if you get covered through work or whatever but its not cheap.

Hmm looking at it again, this may no longer be true. nm then!

I have Kaiser and I got a notice my rates were going down this year which seemed odd

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Pershing posted:

Two hours earlier for :gas:

Gonna say that 820 am on a Wednesday is the perfect time for Costco gas

No line, in and out in five mins

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Just returned from my monthly trip to Church. Grabbed 3 bottles of Kirkland vodka and chewable melatonin pills for myself, then Pam spray, a giant box of parchment paper, and Cerave for my wife, and a veggie tray for the both of us. The giant Co veggie trays are the loving best.

I was hoping to get a variety case of Monster Ultras but no such luck.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

FilthyImp posted:

Imagine being so hosed up that you'd close a Costco thread

It's a supremely scrub-tier move

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

iroc.dis posted:

Just returned from my monthly trip to Church. Grabbed 3 bottles of Kirkland vodka and chewable melatonin pills for myself, then Pam spray, a giant box of parchment paper, and Cerave for my wife, and a veggie tray for the both of us. The giant Co veggie trays are the loving best.

I was hoping to get a variety case of Monster Ultras but no such luck.

Two kinds of sleeping medicine for him, three kinds of lube for her. Crudite for the both

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

KakerMix posted:

It's a supremely scrub-tier move

Doesn't seem right to disparage the OP this way, misguided his closing of the thread may have been

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

metachronos posted:

I want one of those LG stick vacuums but $500 seems like a lot of money for a vacuum. Is there a decent model at the 'co in the $200 ballpark?

avoid, we had two of the LG ones break on us with normal use. went for the more expensive Dyson one and it's been solid so far

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

sieve jorbs posted:

Performing pilgrimage today. Call me a white woman because I’m about to get that dog in me.

PBUC
I regret to inform everyone that I decided to mix things up and go to the Costco Business Center. While I do appreciate being able to buy whole frozen lambs and eggs they did not have a food court I remain unglizzed.

PBUC

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Last time I went to a business Costco I watched some guy walk over to the meat cooler, reach his hand out, and keep it pressed on a lamb for a good minute or two while he spaced out and stared at it. I guess he had his reasons but it seemed real odd at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Three bags of water softener salt and a pair of pants, probably never gonna beat the low total of $43 ever again