Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

:stare:

(he'd probably still be fine on a good team but someone is gonna pay way too much)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

The Dirty Burger posted:

Krebs hasn’t looked like anything special yet, but Alex Tuch is the same age as Eichel and has been incredible in Buffalo. Noah Ostlund who they grabbed with Vegas’ 1st is also having a great d+1 season.

I was about to post that trading a huge package for a marquee player usually ends up badly, then I remembered the Tkachuk trade last summer lol

I'm still sour that Alex Tuch didn't get signed longer in Minnesota and then traded to Vegas so they could keep Coyle, Granlund, and Niedereitter for another year before trading them for essentially lost value. Fiala and Addison are the only pieces with some value from those trades, and the Fiala trade to LA was basically squeezing some value out of the end of it. It's going to be another couple years before the mess that Fletcher and mostly Fenton made is finally cleaned up. Aside from the cap hit, I'm still happy that Suter and Parise got buyouts, because the playoff expectations would be worse than they are currently. With how bad they've been playing for the last few weeks that's saying something.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Last season he was 68th in the league in 5v5 P/60 (min 200 TOI), how is that like 5th percentile in "EV Offence"??

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/OKrepps85/status/1623776494496649216?s=20&t=Nd9aqhXu-bqrw-Jhubhi6A

Krebs hasn’t looked like anything special yet, but Alex Tuch is the same age as Eichel and has been incredible in Buffalo. Noah Ostlund who they grabbed with Vegas’ 1st is also having a great d+1 season.

I was about to post that trading a huge package for a marquee player usually ends up badly, then I remembered the Tkachuk trade last summer lol

He had a goal and an assist and was +3 last night, so now he’s 1-2-3 -5 lol

Edit: Eichel has issues with getting injured and I assume that when he has bad stretches it’s because he’s playing injured. He rarely had bad stretches in Buffalo except that weird COVID half season when he was playing injured the whole season.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

eXXon posted:

Last season he was 68th in the league in 5v5 P/60 (min 200 TOI), how is that like 5th percentile in "EV Offence"??

Because JFresh is a fraud that's how. Kane is a weird one in that last year he was nearly a 50/50 xG player.... otherwise he's a defensive disaster and boy howdy would I really prefer my team not trade for him.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

eXXon posted:

Yeah, I think it's fair to say that his model doesn't give enough credence to Kane's ability to create high dangers from the perimeter, but that it's also fair to say that Kane, at this point in his career, doesn't drive play at the level he used to and is the worst defensive forward in the NHL.

He'd probably be really good on Carolina, much like DeAngelo was (they're also the same quality of human), where their team defense can mask his faults and allow him to do his crazy saucer things with relative impunity. It would also give me a more tangible reason to dislike Carolina beyond their ruthless boring efficiency.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
lol gently caress you Kane

I dunno how Tarasenko works out but I think he in theory fits better with what the team really needs than Kane

really didn't want to see Panarin and Kane skating around the perimeter trying to thread passes cross ice to each other and turning it over

e: like the lines as constructed, hopefully Kravtsov can show the coaches something and stick there, it helps the depth a lot

Levitate fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 10, 2023

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/OKrepps85/status/1623776494496649216?s=20&t=Nd9aqhXu-bqrw-Jhubhi6A

Honestly the big issue with Eichel isn't giving up the players, it's that $10m per contract that they can't really afford. Though I am sad to lose Tuch

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

T-Bone posted:

:stare:

(he'd probably still be fine on a good team but someone is gonna pay way too much)

this is why you don't sulk while demanding a trade to a contender - they ain't gonna pay the asking price

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

When I say I want the Leafs to trade for a player that's actually good I just want it to be crystal clear that I consider Kane to be in the Formerly Good category and would appreciate the universe recognizing the distinction so I don't eat my words in an example of dramatic irony

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

When I say I want the Leafs to trade for a player that's actually good I just want it to be crystal clear that I consider Kane to be in the Formerly Good category and would appreciate the universe recognizing the distinction so I don't eat my words in an example of dramatic irony

*monkey paw curls*

*Maple Leafs sign P.K. Subban*

He does give money to the children's hospital, after all.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

T-Bone posted:

Yeah, I think it's fair to say that his model doesn't give enough credence to Kane's ability to create high dangers from the perimeter, but that it's also fair to say that Kane, at this point in his career, doesn't drive play at the level he used to and is the worst defensive forward in the NHL.

The Pens are gonna trade for him and put him on Malkin's wing and lols will abound

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

The Dirty Burger posted:

Also congrats on the bullet dodge, RAS

I’m not celebrating until March 4th

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Powershift posted:

*monkey paw curls*

*Maple Leafs sign P.K. Subban*

He does give money to the children's hospital, after all.

Hey, PK is awesome, signing him is free, and he's never been accused of multiple kinds of assault or of covering up sexual abuse, seems like only upside to me

In seriousness Kane's cap hit is so large that it also seems basically impossible for the Leafs to get him anyway, I just want to cover my bases

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

tarbrush posted:

Honestly the big issue with Eichel isn't giving up the players, it's that $10m per contract that they can't really afford. Though I am sad to lose Tuch

thompson going down sucks. always feels like 4 or so key players are out during games anymore.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Koopa Kid posted:

I think Kane's been pretty clearly tanking it, and I would bet on him being really effective for whatever team picks him up if he's healthy, which is why I wasn't opposed to him. But I wouldn't pick him up as a Canadian team. There's just something about his dumbassness that is distinctly American...it'd be like Torts coaching a Canadian team. I just don't think it works. Maybe Edmonton but definitely not Toronto.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

There’s certainly a good argument that Kane has been going through the motions, but on the other hand:

https://twitter.com/Mario_Tirabassi/status/1622637965120765959

Much like my opinion on ROR, if you’re gonna make a big splash getting a guy who’s in his 30s, dealing with injury, and having a down year is just so much risk. I’m sure somebody is in a position to take that gamble and maybe have it pay off but I’m not comfortable with it

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
This is a couple days old but :allears:

https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/1622800290268213248

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
https://twitter.com/Chris_Krenn/sta...s1_c10&ref_url=

first round picks are nice, but...you gotta get yourself a hagel

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Yeah Tampa got poo poo on a lot for that trade last year, but this year it looks like an annoyingly good trade.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Hagel's inherited Bieksa's title as "most caveman looking guy in the NHL". where is Vern Fiddler when we really need him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_5v3ztqsu4

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
yeah rumor is the Rangers weren't thrilled about Kane's potential hip injury/issues and that was one reason they didn't pursue him

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Weird, Tarasenko isn't exactly a solid body these days himself.

They can just say Kane's a locker room concern

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Tarasenko seemed very happy and is friends with Panarin, and Kakko is apparently extremely happy to have another Finn on the team. so that’s cool. good to see my beautiful boys happy

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
its funny how so much of professional sports still involves "can you get my friend on our team"

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

yeah but a hip injury is really rough for a player like kane who relies on his speed and ability to be shifty to create offense

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

After only one shot, Vladimir Tarasenko has more goals than Sammy Blais as a Ranger.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitter.com/irfgaffar/status/1624200083054137344?s=21

christ please god

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:laffo: leafs

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
the avs got jack johnson a cup, and now the leafs will get tyler myers his

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

I need this content.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I don't believe you dot gif.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Leafs are always linked to some pylon every year and nothing comes of it, not to mention they quite literally can’t afford a guy who makes $6M next year

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Koopa Kid posted:

The Leafs are always linked to some pylon every year and nothing comes of it, not to mention they quite literally can’t afford a guy who makes $6M next year

Perhaps, but have you considered the fact that Tyler Myers is Very Tall, and thus can reach the tenderest leaves at the tops of the tallest trees?

Maybe it's what the Leafs have been missing all these years.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

sorry who is this guy Please

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

he's a veteran defender best known for being quite good in his rookie year and quite bad in all subsequent years

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

yeah that guy’s tweet history is pretty embarrassing and The Fourth Period is a rag, that post is just bait

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
A few years ago the Canucks were playing the Blues, and it was OT. For some reason Myers was out on the ice and deep in the Blues' zone, and he fell over and knocked over both of his teammates, leaving the Blues a 3-0 going the other way.

That's all you need to loving know about Tyler Myers

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

grack posted:

A few years ago the Canucks were playing the Blues, and it was OT. For some reason Myers was out on the ice and deep in the Blues' zone, and he fell over and knocked over both of his teammates, leaving the Blues a 3-0 going the other way.

I was talking to a Leafs fan today and they said they didn't think Luke Schenn was very good or worth trading for. This is why this happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

grack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNInkTOXnqE

It was the funniest loving thing ever.