Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Sendo passes out during the fight, so Ippo has to jump in like the "Helping Hands" game in Whose Line Is It Anyway, throwing Ricardo off his game with gazelle punches and the Dempsey Roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ippo puts on a Sendou wig and the only thing that gives people pause is the fact that the trunks are now considerably tighter fitting

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 17 days!)

is it about time for another boring Miyata solo adventures arc

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My last rewatch of the anime I ended up fast forwarding through it and I don't feel bad

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

GateOfD posted:

is it about time for another boring Miyata solo adventures arc

he is also gonna fight ricardo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ippo's debut as a world-class cornerman and his guy loving dies

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Still kind of bummed out he didn't get so nervous he yeeted Woli into the crowd

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Ippo dies to Ricardo and Takamura mysteriously gets a penis transplant shortly after

That's the quickest way to move up a weight class

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

he is also gonna fight ricardo

Just have a 3v1,
Sendo, Miyata and Volg all fight him at the same time.
He still beats them.

Ippo then finally decides to come back

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Miyata is simply to fat to remain in this weight class

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Miyata has not had a meaningful, "canon" fight since RBJ, which was like 600 chapters ago. There's almost as many chapters between Miyata's last real fight and now as there are in the entirety of Naruto.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

tbp posted:

Miyata has not had a meaningful, "canon" fight since RBJ, which was like 600 chapters ago. There's almost as many chapters between Miyata's last real fight and now as there are in the entirety of Naruto.

Sounds like he is due for another!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

He should also be killed

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

lol I just remembered that I never actually read that fight. I quit reading Ippo around the time RBJ was introduced and rather than going back and reading all the chapters I missed I just started reading the most current release again

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Rubellavator posted:

lol I just remembered that I never actually read that fight. I quit reading Ippo around the time RBJ was introduced and rather than going back and reading all the chapters I missed I just started reading the most current release again

Was that before or after the Volg title fight? That's the last one that really sticks out to me as being conspicuously good.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

do you think Miyata sleeps with an Ippo dakimakura

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Rubellavator posted:

i did this with the original woli fight and came back after ippo retired

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Good soup! posted:

He should also be killed

In this episode of Man vs Car we have a world class Japanese boxer named Miyata Ichirou facing off against a 97' Mazda Miata.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 14, 2023

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 1411
:powercatte:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Larry Cum Free posted:

That's the quickest way to move up a weight class

... if ippo had a penectomy would he drop to flyweight

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Speak of the devil and he shall appear, I guess. Miyata's cat countering Wanpo is a pretty good gag too

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Poor Kumi and her doomed quest to save Ippo's brain. Ippo's students are representing the fanbase I guess. Except they're not weirdly hostile to Kumi.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Takes No Damage posted:

Was that before or after the Volg title fight? That's the last one that really sticks out to me as being conspicuously good.

before. miyata vs rbj is around the 800s of the manga, volg vs mike elliot is around 1000.

another gem of a chapter btw. morikawa is really on form now. idk how to classify it, it seems other people use the word "saga" to refer to the retirement arc/storyline, but i genuinely think this is as good as the first 400ish chapters were.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Kumi made some good faces in this chapter.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
It's the Mashiba blood

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i never want to hear anyone say kumi is a bad character ever again

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
She really is Mashiba's sister.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

tbp posted:

another gem of a chapter btw. morikawa is really on form now. idk how to classify it, it seems other people use the word "saga" to refer to the retirement arc/storyline, but i genuinely think this is as good as the first 400ish chapters were.

It's insane to me. If Morikawa actually does want to wrap it up then this could have been really effective buildup for Ippo and Ricardo.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
The fact that Warlee is still alive (albeit in a coma) convinces me even more that Sendo will die fighting Martinez. It's like a One Piece situation, where the author doesn't want to commit to a death until it matters the most

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He's gonna win though

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol warlee

Sendo will win

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Sendo is going to win.

and then wake up in the hospital
he was knocked out by round 1, and the rest of the match was all in his head

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Patware posted:

i never want to hear anyone say kumi is a bad character ever again

No she's just a terrible girlfriend.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

War Lee

why did the announcer say buenas noches and sayonara

Warlee isn't japanese

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Jiro posted:

No she's just a terrible girlfriend.

Ippo is a dense boyfriend who can't figure it out.

Kumi is well justified in her concerns about boxing for both her brother and Ippo having seen the damage they've taken and being you know a nurse who probably actually understands head trauma better than any of these boxing fools.

She just wants the people she cares about to not be cripples. She will need to square herself with their goals and desires requiring they put their body on the line and ultimately her ability to reconcile these pieces and support Ippo will be big when/if it ever happens.

e: No wave makes a great point, that until ippo is able to actually communicate with Kumi about his desires/interests/emotions etc they're going to be very stuck as characters. Hopefully all of Wally and Sendo having spent the last 50 chapters expressing why boxing is valuable and important helps him figure out how to explain that.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 15, 2023

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

The Wanpo v. cat match is going to convince Kumi that boxing is fun after all.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ippo doesnt have a good answer to Kumi's concerns. He's not willing to say that this is worth crippling himself over yet. I dont see her perspective as a drag on him or the story for that reason, he hasnt made his own mind up and it's good to have characters on both sides of an important conflict/decision. (I also just like her as a character period)

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

No Wave posted:

Ippo doesnt have a good answer to Kumi's concerns. He's not willing to say that this is worth crippling himself over yet. I dont see her perspective as a drag on him or the story for that reason, he hasnt made his own mind up and it's good to have characters on both sides of an important conflict/decision. (I also just like her as a character period)

He could just say "I have a chance to be the best in the world at something rather than a 23(?) year old virgin who lives with and works for his mom"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Larry Cum Free posted:

He could just say "I have a chance to be the best in the world at something rather than a 23(?) year old virgin who lives with and works for his mom"
He could but he hasnt crossed that line yet. Is it basically absurd that after 1400 chapters he hasnt? Yeah for sure morikawa is completely insane.