Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Should we be worried how many people in this thread have the suicide coaster on memory speed dial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
It's not like there is a huge pool of different suicide coasters to choose from.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Did we know about this already? It's a cool scene either way but it might also be a cool reveal.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't think we did, but it makes perfect sense in retrospect

also no force on earth will make me read sleepless domain

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Let me guess: you've never bought a used car, either.

I've never bought a car, period. I have a license but haven't driven after getting it (and I know this is not a great idea because knowing how to drive would be very nice)

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i don't think we did, but it makes perfect sense in retrospect

Yeah I love it

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tenebrais posted:

Hmm, maybe it's about time I posted through one of my favourite comics.

Sleepless Domain, by Mary Cagle. Art for the first couple of chapters is Oscar Vega.

Sleepless Domain is great. The art in the early chapters is kind of unpleasant. It technically ok, but feels somewhat soulless and a bit too sexualized. Thankfully Mary takes the charge pretty quickly and she's just great.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

HE IS A GOOD BOY.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Being just straight exactly Silent Hill 4 was not where I expected this comic to go.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Sleepless Domain is pretty cool and goes to some interesting places. I read the entire archive a few months back when it got mentioned before in this thread. It's a fun spin on the magical girl genre. I should probably catch up again, since it was on the precipice of a pretty major plot moment then!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Those baby doll mask faces remind me of Terry Gilliam's Brazil.
:stonk: and I didn't expect to see that today

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

By popular demand posted:

Those baby doll mask faces remind me of Terry Gilliam's Brazil.
:stonk: and I didn't expect to see that today

imo they look more like old people than babies

in the comic not the movie, those are creepy baby masks for sure

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Benagain posted:

That's the suicide coaster, designed to kill people humanely through g forces and never built

Thanks you two. I actually did see that before. But doesn't look all that different from Sonics usual rails.

Also thank you.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Carthag Tuek posted:

imo they look more like old people than babies

in the comic not the movie, those are creepy baby masks for sure

In SH4 they are indeed supposed to be babies for reasons that are both Silent Hill spoilers and potential HIAGB spoilers

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Sleepless Domain is very cute but feels a bit hollow to me. Maybe if you're into magical girl anime it speaks more to you, idk. Occasionally I go through and catch up in the hope that something interesting happened (usually no.)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Further adventures of the Demi Dog?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Youremother posted:

In SH4 they are indeed supposed to be babies for reasons that are both Silent Hill spoilers and potential HIAGB spoilers

ah well. thx for info

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Chainclaw posted:

Being just straight exactly Silent Hill 4 was not where I expected this comic to go.

I definitely wasn't expecting so much clear and obvious anti-circumcision symbolism to show up in this chapter.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Did we know about this already? It's a cool scene either way but it might also be a cool reveal.
We did not. All Heathers have long dark hair! (well, we didn't know that either before we met other Heathers)

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
The art in hiagb is really excellent. Did anyone have the physical edition? Does it come across in book form as well as it does digitally?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

rodbeard posted:

Chapter 37

and now were caught up

miscellaneous artwork

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Of course you need a Silent Hill 4 chapter shortly after the Looney Tunes chapter. Basic narrative structure.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

CzarChasm posted:

The Aesma side story in K6BD is fantastic

This is my first time through K6BD, and Aesma's probably my favorite character so far

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tenebrais posted:

Hmm, maybe it's about time I posted through one of my favourite comics.

Sleepless Domain, by Mary Cagle. Art for the first couple of chapters is Oscar Vega.

:chloe:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Fools Infinite posted:

The art in hiagb is really excellent. Did anyone have the physical edition? Does it come across in book form as well as it does digitally?

It (and physical editions of other KC Green stuff) is up on Topatoco

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It's actually amazing, please give it a shot.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Paper Tiger posted:

This is my first time through K6BD, and Aesma's probably my favorite character so far

Good, this is a good thing. She was God's favorite character too.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m not reading the text dumps of K6BD. I want to read comics, not novellas

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

thetoughestbean posted:

I’m not reading the text dumps of K6BD. I want to read comics, not novellas

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

KSBD is a great comic, and Abaddon is an amazing artist, but his writing is where he does his best work. I know this is the comics thread and not the short stories thread but you're doing yourself a disservice skipping his writing. And check out Lancer too.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Youremother posted:

KSBD is a great comic, and Abaddon is an amazing artist, but his writing is where he does his best work. I know this is the comics thread and not the short stories thread but you're doing yourself a disservice skipping his writing. And check out Lancer too.

I skip the text and regret nothing.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Youremother posted:

I’m the only person in the world who doesn’t care for Lancer

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm doing what I usually do and saving the text dumps/etc. as like dessert for after I finish the main course. Like checking out the special features and commentary track on the DVD after you finish the movie (:corsair:)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I skip the text and regret nothing.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I would absolutely read the text if it wouldn't prevent me from keeping pace with the rest of this thread. Maybe I'll go back and read it on the site someday.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

It (and physical editions of other KC Green stuff) is up on Topatoco

Sorry I meant does anyone in this thread have it and how is the art as a printed book?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the text is good but it pleases me to see people skip it, as they clearly do not deserve it. so all is right with the world

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Swan Boy knows ballet

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Skipping the text is what Aesma would have done anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

More words for me, losers :hehe: