Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Driving down to my wife’s grand uncles funeral visitation (sad) but he was a sovcit and very likely unvaxxed and got Covid twice (funny/sad) but also was a guy who would drive Amish people around to appointments (funny? poignant?) and after we’re going to a brewpub to have dinner and fill a couple growlers (beer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

selec posted:

Driving down to my wife’s grand uncles funeral visitation (sad) but he was a sovcit and very likely unvaxxed and got Covid twice (funny/sad) but also was a guy who would drive Amish people around to appointments (funny? poignant?) and after we’re going to a brewpub to have dinner and fill a couple growlers (beer)

The frogurt is also cursed (that's bad).

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

I would currently oppose use of the Rules in the forums; they're designed entirely for contemporaneous, verbal proceedings and are ill-suited to the forums medium. Any use of the Rules would require extensive revisions, and while I do have a modified ruleset that could be further adapted for Something Awful's use, I think the time investment would be better applied elsewhere. Additionally, a significant debate would immediately ensue about which edition of the Rules to use. Setting aside the scrublord "in brief" editions for dummies, there's a lot of controversy about changes in the 10th edition that have moved forward since the schism with the 7th edition in 1970. The full 12th edition is also relatively expensive and is arguably an inappropriate cost to expect many users to read.

However, in the event that the forum does choose to move to the Rules, I have a set of extensively annotated editions I can send to moderators as needed. I do have a personal copy of the 10th edition that I've modified and cut down for civic meetings which may be appropriate for public moderation deliberations.

I have an alternative proposal involving a merged Argdown and Loomio concept I developed a while back for the Nebraska unicameral, but I'll wait for a separate motion for that to be considered.

Thank you. I wasn't sure whether it was the right choice to move to the rules, but having these editions available has tipped the scales in the rules' favor.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
I'd say rules were an affront to chaos, but chaos, like, doesn't even care bro

RBA Starblade posted:

It'd probably be an iasip clip

Google didn't help me figure that out.

Epic High Five posted:

In terms of actual business, I've got Harold and LALD on record as IK volunteers for neu-USPOL, any others? I'm gonna do some poking, I miss the thread too.

Well you can all stop waiting for me to volunteer, cuz I drink every night and dont care about anything until I care way too much and won't let it go.

I've just described a poster, not a moderator or even IK ... Ideally.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
man, i'm trying to do a small contract with my old company for something, but the pm i'm dealing with is dude. submitting forms i know are wrong based on my knowledge of the company. like selecting the wrong entity type level of mistakes

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Never seen an Amish man in his socks before today, now I’ve seen four.

Also “do you trust the government to keep you safe?” Is apparently an MKULTRA trigger phrase lmao. Who would? White liberals and German Shepherds, I suppose, though the latter can be forgiven for having dog brains.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Like how the gently caress do you know about the condition of Flint’s water and be like “you’re a Republican if you think environmental protections are politicized” how the gently caress does that happen to somebody

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

selec posted:

Like how the gently caress do you know about the condition of Flint’s water and be like “you’re a Republican if you think environmental protections are politicized” how the gently caress does that happen to somebody

Being raised with idealistic teachings of the mechanisms of governance and a lack of comprehension on how the systems actually function.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Not all white liberals though, I am going to give a pass to Bryan Adams for this version:

https://youtu.be/LpRLL2OxF-s

I thought a lot on the drive home about the tension between standing on your mama’s porch and you told me you would wait forever and just melodically, lyrically, everything is so perfect. That song is as good and aligns perfectly with Springsteen’s contemporary work. Why her mama’s? “Daddy’s” would’ve scanned just as well, but completely defeated the tenderness, I think.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sorry you got owned again selec

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

I have an alternative proposal involving a merged Argdown and Loomio concept I developed a while back for the Nebraska unicameral, but I'll wait for a separate motion for that to be considered.

I still think we should do this. But first meetings about how to modify it.

I don't care if it's a joke it's a good idea.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Harold Fjord posted:

I still think we should do this. But first meetings about how to modify it.

I don't care if it's a joke it's a good idea.

d&d mods would unironically love to do new and fun things, we've tried and asked folks for ideas but it's usually radio silence

I attempted a "weekend debate club" thread and it didn't get much participation but I like the idea

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

RBA Starblade posted:

Sorry you got owned again selec

this is my mistake, I thought that post was in USCE.

modding while playing videogames can sometimes be hard

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
i would simply not apologize and cackle maniacally because I'm mad with power

selec
Sep 6, 2003

who’s probing who, woke mind vanguard!?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

“Boys of Summer” has gotta be a response to “Summer of ‘69” right?

edit: Boys of Summer came out in 84, SO69 in 85! They’re about the same thing, but the more saccharine less weird version was the follower, which makes sense.

selec fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 11, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The very nice summer

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Fritz the Horse posted:

d&d mods would unironically love to do new and fun things, we've tried and asked folks for ideas but it's usually radio silence

I attempted a "weekend debate club" thread and it didn't get much participation but I like the idea

Trouble is, most "new and fun" d&d things are reminiscent of filling a tedious HR form and/or writing an essay for that absolute self-absorbed dick of an adjunct professor before you made it to grad school.

"Illustrate your favourite fascist author" or "perform a scathing self-criticism of your latest play-through of Fermi Paradox" seem a tad demanding of the remaining D&D audience, too.

Dungeons and debates just aren't allowed silliness :smith:

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Tomorrow night im gonna walk down to my local and play Glory Days, then Boys of Summer and then Summer of 69 and see which of the other old farts cries

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Why specifically do you think that? we always have summer songs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What's the equivalent song for our generation?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Boys of Summer came out in ‘84 and it was a Deadhead sticker on the Cadillac. When the Ataris did it in ‘03 it was a Black Flag sticker. If you covered it this year what sticker would the Cadillac have?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fister Roboto posted:

What's the equivalent song for our generation?
endless screaming

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Lib and let die posted:

Reopen USPOL I'm begging you NHD

What's uspol and how do i open it?

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
The Cadillac has a dead head sticker still/again.

I know, not very fun.

For a variation on this, what flags and signs do people put outside their homes? Maybe it's one of their several homes...

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
NHD has graciously agreed to help mod D&D. Thanks!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pirate Radar posted:

Boys of Summer came out in ‘84 and it was a Deadhead sticker on the Cadillac. When the Ataris did it in ‘03 it was a Black Flag sticker. If you covered it this year what sticker would the Cadillac have?

!!!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Saw some discussions of games and wanted to throw in some of the Pathfinder titles for anyone who wants them. Both Kingmaker and Wrath or the Righteous make use of the pathfinder system which is slightly different than core dnd but designed to be flexible (you can multiclass every level) among other things. Also, both titles have interlocking systems of things like Kingdom building and a turn based army campaign thing outside of the regular combat.

Search "Mandalore Gaming Pathfinder" on Youtube for a very detailed review of Kingmaker.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Fritz the Horse posted:

NHD has graciously agreed to help mod D&D. Thanks!

It seems that no one ever seconded my motion to begin nominating a presiding officer. I'll do it

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Saw some discussions of games and wanted to throw in some of the Pathfinder titles for anyone who wants them. Both Kingmaker and Wrath or the Righteous make use of the pathfinder system which is slightly different than core dnd but designed to be flexible (you can multiclass every level) among other things. Also, both titles have interlocking systems of things like Kingdom building and a turn based army campaign thing outside of the regular combat.

Search "Mandalore Gaming Pathfinder" on Youtube for a very detailed review of Kingmaker.

Welp, "search youtube for citations" will "be the extent of the [D&D] law", I'm sure that one Dunning-Kruger-dude will be happy now :smith:

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Rappaport posted:

Welp, "search youtube for citations" will "be the extent of the [D&D] law", I'm sure that one Dunning-Kruger-dude will be happy now :smith:

Forgot which forum I was in lol

https://youtu.be/MR-1t28ngkk

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Flaming Strike Lance + Fingerprint Shield stays winning for the modern co-op minded Tarnished

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I did stupidly lose 1.3 million runes earlier, but runes are easy at this point and I'm staying at 150 anyway. In my defense, those two Haligtree Knights by the Erdtree Avatar are loving bullshit

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Forgot which forum I was in lol

https://youtu.be/MR-1t28ngkk

No!

No no no! Do not link me to a youtube verbal diarrhea! Post a well articulated, well formatted text essay as a source for whatever you wish to convey!

None of this youth tomfoolery with "video essays" or whatever the gently caress

Just

No!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think you may have a somewhat wrongly informed view of D&D Rappaport. It's actually a loose confederation of regional megathreads with a side order of a bunch of insane Americans floating around

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

I think you may have a somewhat wrongly informed view of D&D Rappaport. It's actually a loose confederation of regional megathreads with a side order of a bunch of insane Americans floating around

Breaking kayfabe is great, but what you have stated here flies in the face of the stated rules of Dungeons of Debate and therefore I will not be posting a kitten

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Actually, I Am The Law.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Keep posting interpretations, when you're ready for the truth I'll probably be asleep by then so I guess just keep doing that.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

Actually, I Am The Law.

Flaming Fist are cops, my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rappaport posted:

Flaming Fist are cops, my friend

I wanna love the Star Fists but man I'm not good with them