Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who ya got?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs 42 41.18%
Eagles 60 58.82%
Total: 102 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

lol the Eagles are built to play with a lead but the Chiefs are never out of it. Zero chance the Eagles win 49-23 it's more likely if there's a rout it's the other way around.

also cue NFL network predicting the Bengals win by at least two touchdowns.

I forgot to mention the fumble 6 that McKinnon coughs up on the 2nd play of the game. Really it's a 35-23 score if you take the defense and special teams TDs out of the equations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

There is a God and he hates the falcons

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Most people do. Especially their fans.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I'm making cheesesteaks because the last time I made cheesesteaks for the super bowl the Eagles won and Andy's mac and cheese because the last time I made Andy's mac and cheese the Chiefs got owned by the bucs.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

RoastBeef posted:

I'm making cheesesteaks because the last time I made cheesesteaks for the super bowl the Eagles won and Andy's mac and cheese because the last time I made Andy's mac and cheese the Chiefs got owned by the bucs.

I hope you burn your food

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Barring some magic from Reid/mahomes I don’t see how Chiefs win it, but hey they’ve both surprised before.

Mostly i just hope no one gets injured and ruins the game like the SF/Eagles game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Barring some magic from Reid/mahomes I don’t see how Chiefs win it, but hey they’ve both surprised before.

Mostly i just hope no one gets injured and ruins the game like the SF/Eagles game.

You don't? Here's a way the Chiefs win it without magic: the Eagles are really susceptible to bubble screens and running back dump passes. Jerick McKinnon caught more touchdowns this season than Justin Jefferson, Jaylen Waddle, Tee Higgins, DeVonta Smith, DK Metcalf, Mike Evans, Christian Kirk, Brandon Aiyuk, and yep, Tyreek Hill.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

I hope you burn your food

Thank you! A tasteful amount of Maillard browning Is a always good thing.

E. I also feel there might be a misunderstanding, I wanted Andy and the Chiefs to end Brady; when that didn't happen I was ... displeased.

RoastBeef fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 11, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Lmao get a load of Frenchie over here.

I’m doing the Simpsons Quimby chowder bit, but with “center” irl to this joker

Quiet down you uncouth swine, the man's speaking the King's English and you better drat well like it.

kiimo posted:

You don't? Here's a way the Chiefs win it without magic: the Eagles are really susceptible to bubble screens and running back dump passes. Jerick McKinnon caught more touchdowns this season than Justin Jefferson, Jaylen Waddle, Tee Higgins, DeVonta Smith, DK Metcalf, Mike Evans, Christian Kirk, Brandon Aiyuk, and yep, Tyreek Hill.

I think its more just how dominant the Eagles pass rush has been this year, how good their offensive line is and how well they're built to just smash teams in the face. Chiefs have a cheat code with Mahomes so he'll keep it close by his sheer force of will and Travis Kelce alone, but the Eagles are just loving stacked and Hurts isn't making mistakes. He's not an elite passer of the ball quite yet but its not like the Chiefs have what is considered an elite secondary and all kinds of crazy coverages they use, they're built to push the pace and get home on their defensive line.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think Spagnuolo is going to blitz his rear end off. So offensively for the Eagles it'll be a matter of whether the Chiefs can shut down Hurts running lanes to escape or if Hurts can cash in his chances, which will absolutely be there.

This is assuming KC can mitigate the run game and score enough to an extent that makes the Eagles pass of course. There's a world where they don't even need to worry about anything other than a slant or screen or take a chance on a bomb here and there. There's also a world where they're behind and the shoulder shows up and they can't do much. I don't know.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 11, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I think Spagnuolo is going to blitz his rear end off. So offensively for the Eagles it'll be a matter of whether the Chiefs can shut down Hurts running lanes to escape or if Hurts can cash in his chances, which will absolutely be there.

This is assuming KC can mitigate the run game and score enough to an extent that makes the Eagles pass of course. There's a world where they don't even need to worry about anything other than a slant or screen or take a chance on a bomb here and there. There's also a world where they're behind and the shoulder shows up and they can't do much. I don't know.

Yeah come to think of it, I could see the Eagles having some kind of catastrophic meltdown more than I could see the Chiefs do it, if for no other reason they (eagles) haven't had a lot of games where they've had to come back under pressure in a hole whereas I think the Chiefs would be more likely to overcome one.

i.e. If the Chiefs are down 28-3 I could see them coming back, but if the Eagles got down 28-3 I think it would end 42 to 10.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Drunkenly dropped a lot on the chiefs and the over

Go Andy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Drunkenly dropped a lot on the chiefs and the over

Go Andy

If we win remind me to ship you burnt ends from Oklahoma Joe’s I’m serious

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

If we win remind me to ship you burnt ends from Oklahoma Joe’s I’m serious

KC Joes now. Still the best in the city.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

They might as well just board the plane back to KC.

No Butt Stuff posted:

KC Joes now. Still the best in the city.

Please. We still call it Oklahoma Joe's and refuse to say otherwise.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I just call it joes. Or County Road Ice House

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Package of winds disassembled and I only got 28 total wings*.

I may order more on Sunday.

*wing tips are going in the freezer's chicken bone bin.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
More than ever I have heard people talking about how they don't give a poo poo about the Super Bowl this year and I can't disagree. Both are great teams that have won recently and there is no story that has made me care about either team so I guess I'm going to drink and eat fatty foods so I win.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lifespan posted:

More than ever I have heard people talking about how they don't give a poo poo about the Super Bowl this year and I can't disagree. Both are great teams that have won recently and there is no story that has made me care about either team so I guess I'm going to drink and eat fatty foods so I win.

wtf? This is one of the better match ups in the last decade.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Lifespan posted:

Might be a combination of KC and NFCE fatigue, only way that makes sense to me

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1622590181676052486?s=46&t=Un-JGC4cBEs_wJEIDUCMZw

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

BlindSite posted:

wtf? This is one of the better match ups in the last decade.

Oh I'm sure it'll be an objectively good game, it's just hard to get invested about the result.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lifespan posted:

the extra week between the championship games and superbowl is dumb

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Go Chiefs but I’ve been watching IASIP for the first time and it might feel cosmically okay if the birds win. I just want some good football out there, alright?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
E AG LE SS GOA. IRDDAS!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Its painful but not as painful as the offseason

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

a neat cape posted:

I agree it stifles the momentum of it all. It made way more sense to have the pro bowl/festivity stuff happen after everything was all over. And add an 8th team into the playoffs for each conference and then put that week's rest at the start so every team has that rest period to get healthy for the postseason.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Oh I'm sure it'll be an objectively good game, it's just hard to get invested about the result.
Yeah i think to a certain extent I agree. I have no real rooting interest here since I usually root for the more tortured fanbase and against the Patriots and neither of those things exist here. I just want to watch a cool and close game.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

Nothing fancy per se but I'll toss the wings with salt & baking powder the day before so it can dry out. I'll also lollipop/French the wings to make them easier to eat. Then I'll smoke them for a couple hours before giving them a quick fry in my cast iron pan outside on my gas grill's side burner.

Sauces will be divided between classic Buffalo style (Frank's Red Hot & butter) and a gojugang/fish sauce concoction.

Hell yeah thanks. I’m going to work on those this morning. Great idea making lollipops, just had my knives sharpened so this will be a fun way to show off. :cheerdoge:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Saturday

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

shyduck posted:

Saturday

Anxiety levels off the charts

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah i think to a certain extent I agree. I have no real rooting interest here since I usually root for the more tortured fanbase and against the Patriots and neither of those things exist here. I just want to watch a cool and close game.

:same: Usually I can come up with some reason to prefer one team but this year I literally don’t care. Just wanna see some good rear end football, which we seem set up for

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1624424378359287808

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dov is also full of poo poo most of the time and likes to just quote Athletic articles partially.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Am grateful that I’ve gotten off social media in the last year so that I don’t have to see posts about SPORTSBALL and Superb Owls this weekend.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
whens the last super bowl we had between teams that won it within the last 5 years? it feels so unimportant

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Organizing my garage today so I decided to put the NFL Films Super Bowl shorts on. I'm an absolute sucker for the voiceover and music for these old videos.

Enjoy this playlist of Super Bowls:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhZaFz65ft-TA-N41QKRTpLMvcat0oCnI

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Dov is just aggregating a Mike Sando speculation article from a week ago. The Packers are going to do whatever Aaron Rodgers wants.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mastershakeman posted:

whens the last super bowl we had between teams that won it within the last 5 years? it feels so unimportant

Raiders-Redskins in 1984, Raiders had won it in 1981 and Redskins in 1983

I might've missed one but I think that's the last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Watching the SB IV NFL Film and Hank Stramm is an absolute hoot to listen to on the sideline. 65 toss power trap!