Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

The Sean posted:

You're all good. I didn't mean to call you out; without any context I thought it was an auto fill correction.

Do you have "One Does Not Simply Walk Into MODOK?"

Sadly it would probably be something lame, like the MOD Squad.

Idly playing a bit while watching THE Batman, and why is this movie 3 hours long? Anyway, this was a fun game. Sean Bean strikes again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Ninurta posted:

Idly playing a bit while watching THE Batman, and why is this movie 3 hours long? Anyway, this was a fun game. Sean Bean strikes again.

Speaking of puns, unless there is someone out there with your same name then we have definitely played a few games together based on your in-game name. It is memorable.

Snackmar posted:

I've been trying it too, using Hulk since I don't have She-Hulk or Shuri (though I do have Shuri pinned in the shop right now)

I'm getting some good wins, but I don't quite have the interesting combos down.. I feel like when I win it's because of T5 Infinaut/Giganto to T6 Zola more than anything else. Has anyone recorded some streams with the deck? I'd love to watch a few matches and see what I might be missing

Make sure to read my write-up. Just the cards are not enough. Other than that, practice. Make some big fails and do some long hail Mary's. Then find your groove.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 12, 2023

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Ninurta posted:

It's a very very good 4 episode limited mini series and an overlong movie.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I literally just played TWO games back to back where my opponent's turn 5 and 6 was MODOK->HELA. I'm not talking Invisible Woman bullshit or that location where your cards resolve after the game and all that, two in a row where they discard the hand and draw Hela on turn 6.

gently caress this game tonight, holy poo poo lol

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

With Washington D.C. being a hot location I built a vanilla-heavy Moon Girl/Devil Dino deck (I am still pool one) and it's very funny seeing overconfident people snap early when I play a Misty Knight or Cyclops and then concede on turn 5 or 6. Fun game, wish it wasn't a Disney thing.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm having a fairly decent time with an Ultron deck on this location. Wish I had Mystique so I could double up on Patriot.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Non-patriot owners: Take a day off, you're just gonna bleed cubes. Not ideal for the start of the season.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

pray for my aunt posted:

Non-patriot owners: Take a day off, you're just gonna bleed cubes. Not ideal for the start of the season.

I disagree, Patriot Games is on point.

His Killmonger wiped my Debrii rocks, so it actually was the best possible result short of getting Patriot->Mystique.

Patriot Games:

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Shocker
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Abomination
# (6) Ultron
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWlzdHlLbmlnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNob2NrZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkthWmFyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXYXNwIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDeWNsb3BzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYXJlZGV2aWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBhdHJpb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBYm9taW5hdGlvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVWx0cm9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWJyaWkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFudE1hbiJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I believe I got the starter idea from this thread + Abomination as an add-on.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Very cool patriot list I saw if you want to abuse the location:

Zab2 fits so good. Remember you can aero on 5 then absorbing man her.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Funny that nerfed Zabu is showing up in so many more deck types than OG Zabu since a 2/2 that nets you 1-2 extra energy per game is still insanely good.

Decent chance he overtakes Scorp as the new best 2-drop and ends up needing another nerf down the line. I think he's still playable as a 2/1, maybe even a 2/0.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I was able to get Luke Cage in the shop so I have a full Hazmat deck now. Very fun to drop Zero/Red Skull on T6 after blasting with Hazmat

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I took the opportunity to finally build a Patriot deck. However, he keeps languishing in my deck. YET, Blue Marvel and Ultron are getting the job done. Patriot decks can pivot nicely it seems.

It was funny, my first game with this deck I didn't pull Patriot or BM or even Ultron, feels like part of the game when you try a new deck out is you either have the shittiest draws possible or get Weirdworld or random deck location or what have you.

Won back my losses, calling it a night.

Did pull Gambit tonight, looking forward to messing with him. Getting to the point where my pool 3 cards needed are almost all ones I want, so when I pull one it's pretty sweet.

Still need Electro, though so I can try out the Sean deck.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

RevKrule posted:

Holy poo poo. I actually got Thanos fully powered out on the board. I never thought this was possible.

A few days ago, I witnessed that on the opposite side... and then my Enchantress revealed and hit the stone that buffs Thanos, which won me the game. I didn't even realize that was an ongoing and expected to lose. Almost felt bad when it happened!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Feast

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

I don't always defeat Iron Man in a lane, but when I do, I enjoy it.

Also, The Batman was a great trilogy, shame they ran the movies back to back to back.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Got Shuri. What do I do with her?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Life after infinite has no meaning. There's no stakes, no adrenaline...

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Got Shuri. What do I do with her?

These are just some examples. She can go in a lot of different decks.

Skippy McPants posted:

I hope everyone has Shuri pinned. Shuri Zero was already one of the best decks in the game, and that was with every deck and their mother running 2-cost Shang-Chi.

Edit: if you are looking to play new best card Shuri, here are a couple of lists:

Without Sauron,

With Sauron,

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Baero is the list I've been using with the featured location. Demon/Winter Soldier Benefit from DC and if your opponent wants to play Ultron you have Killmonger to brutalize them.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

The Sean posted:

Speaking of puns, unless there is someone out there with your same name then we have definitely played a few games together based on your in-game name. It is memorable.

Given that you're Infinite while I am slumming in the 40's, this is...extremely concerning.

Anyhow, if you match up with me next time, please donate 8 cubes!

My Hulk Pat! deck could use some love.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

No Wave posted:

It's the best counter (along with spider man) when you know where galactus is being played, you just win the game no further actions possible unless wolverine made it in. Aero tends to be more consistent just because you don't have to know where he's being played. Ofc no counter helps if they play doctor octopus on 4 and pull it out of your hand but that won't happen 100% of the time.

I was playing Galactus last night and some arrogant prick snaps on 5 because it was fairly well telegraphed. I played Hobgoblin to his Aero lane and it filled the last slot, then I played Destroyer on 6 for the win because he'd also put Armor in the lane where I was playing dudes.

Galactus is not a braindead deck. It doesn't require skill to play its basic plan, but that basic plan is far from unbeatable. The skill comes in knowing when you need Plan B.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Jedit posted:

I was playing Galactus last night and some arrogant prick snaps on 5 because it was fairly well telegraphed. I played Hobgoblin to his Aero lane and it filled the last slot, then I played Destroyer on 6 for the win because he'd also put Armor in the lane where I was playing dudes.

Galactus is not a braindead deck. It doesn't require skill to play its basic plan, but that basic plan is far from unbeatable. The skill comes in knowing when you need Plan B.

drat sounds like even when counter played, the deck has easy straighted options

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Skippy McPants posted:

These are just some examples. She can go in a lot of different decks.

I lack Zero and Sauron a few others.. might need to look into alternatives, but I appreciate it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jedit posted:

"Arrogant prick"? The lesson is that your opponent forgot to rope their snap and lost.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Feb 12, 2023

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Alright time to dust off the Killmonger. I am tired of all of these little robots.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Just had a guy play Arnim Zola and black panther both on turn 5.

No raft, no other energy boosting/reduction (except a turn 2 psylocke). I have no idea how he did this.

Locations were gamma labs, sanctum, and kyln.

I'm so confused.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

SweetJahasus posted:

Just had a guy play Arnim Zola and black panther both on turn 5.

No raft, no other energy boosting/reduction (except a turn 2 psylocke). I have no idea how he did this.

Locations were gamma labs, sanctum, and kyln.

I'm so confused.
Sounds like Mr Negative?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I had an awful slide yesterday and I'm climbing back out from it with a Galactus deck and I should feel bad but I really don't.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but if my brain is going to make cubes matter, I may as well use it for times like this.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

No Wave posted:

"Arrogant prick"? The lesson is that your opponent forgot to rope their snap and lost.

He didn't forget, it's a known exploit. The snap timer is separate from the turn timer, so if you snap immediately on turn 5 against Daredevil then rope your opponent has to accept or retreat before he sees your plays. If you see someone doing it, report them.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jedit posted:

He didn't forget, it's a known exploit. The snap timer is separate from the turn timer, so if you snap immediately on turn 5 against Daredevil then rope your opponent has to accept or retreat before he sees your plays. If you see someone doing it, report them.
You can report whoever you want but no one is getting banned for that lol.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

No Wave posted:

Sounds like Mr Negative?

Oh poo poo you're right, he did play a negative that got smashed into a hulk. Thanks for clearing that up.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

New Leaf posted:

I lack Zero and Sauron a few others.. might need to look into alternatives, but I appreciate it.

I just got beat by a standard patriot deck where they used shuri to brood and it got them the win

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yeah, it's going to be rough going for my non-patriot having rear end. Thinking about trying a regular Ultron zoo deck but I don't think that wins against a Patriot deck outside of bad draws.

I did win my first and only game today so far only because of warrior falls.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Just use Scarlet Witch, Storm, and Enchantress.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I think it would be nice if there was a way to pin a variant in the shop. The Squirrel Girl baking a cake is in my shop now, but it's 1200 gold, and I'm trying to save up for the Deadpool bundle.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
Patriot deck with kazar swapped for Super Skrull is making for a few funny games during DC's hot location. At least for mirror matches. I had some people walk into giving 8 cubes away... I guess people don't play against Super Skrull enough and can't math?

Not sure what to play now, seeing a lot of enchantresses hitting the board, so the parties over for me :D

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Ninurta posted:

Given that you're Infinite while I am slumming in the 40's, this is...extremely concerning.

Anyhow, if you match up with me next time, please donate 8 cubes!

My Hulk Pat! deck could use some love.

My memories are from before I hit Infinite. But yeah, I'll toss you some cubes if we cross paths again.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
# (1) The Hood
# (2) Daredevil
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Brood
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Cyclops
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ndWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJyb29kIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaWx2ZXJTdXJmZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZXJhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYXJlZGV2aWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1heGltdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkN5Y2xvcHMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

If you don't feel like playing Patriot (I don't this morning), I've been running this to some success. The Shang-Chi is a late addition because I kept running into She Hulk and Death. Used to be a Storm. Play Killmonger on the last turn obvs.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I have Patriot but not Ultron so I'm getting beat by other Patriot decks. It's rough out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Throw enchantress/rogue/skrull into your own Patriot decks.