Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who ya got?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs 42 41.18%
Eagles 60 58.82%
Total: 102 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

triple sulk posted:

I have a lovely cheap antenna I'm gonna try to use since I figure the YouTube TV stream will be 20+ seconds behind, even at the cost of some resolution

Unless you are aggressively livetweeting with folks in a different location and you need your take to be first, I can't see how a 20 second delay isn't worth much better video quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

One of my instructors just moved our midterm deadline from tonight to Tuesday night because of the Super Bowl can I get a W in the chat

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

https://twitter.com/CharlesCMann/status/1624800344759848960?t=ag7N2SX9FLEiqw2GjM2XRw&s=19

Also im.biycotting the suoerbowpl this year

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So what you're telling me is more boys are playing football now then when I played. I think it will be fine

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

kiimo posted:

So what you're telling me is more boys are playing football now then when I played. I think it will be fine

That was in 2021 and it keeps dropping, fast lol

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

oh no where are we gonna get our football men???

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Space Jam posted:

oh no where are we gonna get our football men???

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

falz posted:

Can anyone tell definitively if using the Fox Sports App on a tv or apple tv will *actually* be a real 4k stream? Internet articles seem to vary if its upscaled or not.

Curious as a friend got a fuckoff size 4k tv (87"?) recently and we're watching it there, figure this is the time to try to get the best quality. She has cable (Charter) whose app sucks, so we're thinking either sign in to Fox with the charter account or OTA antnenna, which i slikely 720p or something.

I see that one can sign up to fubotv on a trial to do this but meh don't want to do that, just use existing service options.

Cheers and go.. whatever team I find myself rooting for mid game?

Maybe they've figured it out by now but historically it seems like every year the streaming sucks early on until either they figure it out or enough people give up and find another way so they can keep it steady.

I'd like to think it's fine by freaking 2023, but I'm not really in this world.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Zurreco posted:

Unless you are aggressively livetweeting with folks in a different location and you need your take to be first, I can't see how a 20 second delay isn't worth much better video quality.

look where we're posting right now!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

FootballFreak2 posted:

That was in 2021 and it keeps dropping, fast lol

Oh no, there's only ALMOST a million high schoolers playing football, clearly the sport is a shambling corpse much like it was in the *Checks chart* 90s.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this was at least four hours ago

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

still bonkers to me the NFL continued with the whole Super Bowl thing after the patriots stopped being good

seems kinda pointless

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Been using an antenna for local channels for years, idgaf about the quality as long as it's happening with the shortest delays

OTA looks fine anyway

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug

nice y axis

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Good soup! posted:

Been using an antenna for local channels for years, idgaf about the quality as long as it's happening with the shortest delays

OTA looks fine anyway

I use an ex-girlfriend's YouTube TV account, because the only OTA channel I can get with my antenna is KFXB, which is a religious station. :suicide:

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/beastoncards/status/1624863874104324097?s=46&t=6CXfh3ROLYlm5upo1lrbpQ

Why is Fletcher Cox dressed as Barbara Bush

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
if you want to tell fletcher cox how to dress brother you are more than welcome to

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

why's fletcher cox look so good dressed as barbara bush

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Meanwhile, NFL Network just showed JuJu Smith-Schuster showing up in a kilt.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Fate Accomplice posted:

still bonkers to me the NFL continued with the whole Super Bowl thing after the patriots stopped being good

seems kinda pointless

As it turns out people like seeing a different team in the super bowl occasionally. Weird I know.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
I want #2 for Mahaomes but this sick Eagles fan story is compelling

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Sure hope my chiefs win but those eagles look hard to beat, lucky we have Patrick so I'm feeling confident even though I didn't think we'd get this far this season. I'm sorry I doubted you Patrick.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I think the SB is a coin flip.

Also I think Aaron Rodgers emerges from his dark time like drRrr DrrrRRRRr DRRRRRRRR DRRRRRRRRRRRR

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/orencamera/status/1624862047543361536

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

triple sulk posted:

this was at least four hours ago

Oh my lord, Philly... stay safe tonight

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1624878677568950272

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Efb

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Why did he specifically call out the Saints

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
https://platform.twitter.com/embed/...486&width=550px

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

shyduck posted:

I think they were the one team where semi serious talks were happening

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

shyduck posted:

They had agreed to trade compensation. He’ll probably still sign there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shyduck posted:

They were the one team that already visited him specifically about a trade

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1623815380149112834

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Hoping for anything but a game like that 2019 Pats-Rams one

Bored and then bored and mad

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I demand a riot

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I wonder if it's not up at game time if Comcast has enough power to try to coordinate a small delay?

Like if half the city can't watch the game, that's bad for ratings and advertisers right?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Go Birds

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Is it too early to post up the GDT? I'm dumb and can't figure out how to post a new thread in the app

I'm rocking the Jets Williams (Leonard, 92) jersey in a bar in Amsterdam and want to get my pregame posting thoughts out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

triple sulk posted:

I wonder if it's not up at game time if Comcast has enough power to try to coordinate a small delay?

Like if half the city can't watch the game, that's bad for ratings and advertisers right?
It's a global event, they're SOL I think