Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
I enjoyed someone attempting to ramp leach into my MODOK deck just because I already had board tempo from playing overstaffed discard cards and now I've got a...5/8, 6/9 at worst? Like if you can leach while ahead more power but if you're trying to ramp into it, you've got very little power in play and that's ignoring the chance I draw anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Devo posted:

I looked up the artist to see what else he had done, and the only other card he has is this unreleased Vision variant:

This Vision variant is going to be in the Scarlet Witch/Vision bundle that comes out on Tuesday along with the Daredevil/Elektra one

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Woohoo, finally cracked 50 and with the credit reward pulled venom! Been wanting to use him in a destruction deck for ages.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Sometimes, this is a very silly game. Autodraw Ultron first round, picked up 4 cubes.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Patriot turn 3, they rogue my patriot turn 4, I rogue their patriot turn 5. Praxis.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Push El Burrito posted:

Patriot turn 3, they rogue my patriot turn 4, I rogue their patriot turn 5. Praxis.

I love Rogue.
She is so completely situational, but when she pulls off a clutch steal, it feels like it hits extra hard.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

the_steve posted:

I love Rogue.
She is so completely situational, but when she pulls off a clutch steal, it feels like it hits extra hard.

Yah definitely my fav over Enchantress, while she won't get all the ongoings she will yoink one for you to use, which rules when it is wong/patriot/etc. Less good if it is Lizard :haw:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Just lost 8 cubes to someone I thought was a bot because their deck was nonsense and their plays were horrible, but turns out if you Aero turn 6 while winning two, you just win. Like who plays Luke Cage -> Vulture and then Colleen Wing on 4 and Polaris on turn 5?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
There's some discard/movement hybrid going around right now. I don't see how it possibly works but a couple of streamers have featured it.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Zodack posted:

Just lost 8 cubes to someone I thought was a bot because their deck was nonsense and their plays were horrible, but turns out if you Aero turn 6 while winning two, you just win. Like who plays Luke Cage -> Vulture and then Colleen Wing on 4 and Polaris on turn 5?

This is real deck. I’ve been playing it. It works — one of the reasons for that is that people seem to think it’s nonsense when it’s fairly well thought out.

My condolences for your loss.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

JackDarko posted:

This is real deck. I’ve been playing it. It works — one of the reasons for that is that people seem to think it’s nonsense when it’s fairly well thought out.

Might be this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLNdCrvN6_Y

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

JackDarko posted:

My condolences for your loss.

I legitimately thought it was a bot - they insta-snapped 4 when winning two locations by very little, which is one of those bot tells, and then the Polaris play on 5 seemed so in character with a bot. Props to them, I guess.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, he got it from this lad. Seems like a good egg.

https://youtu.be/GaKQsBGTO5Q

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

One great thing about the recent nerfs is that it really opens the game for a lot of different decks. Hopefully not too many more nerfs need to happen, but this is good right now.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I have now mirrored that very deck probably five times. Word travels fast

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Edit: nevermind

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Picked up Shuri and she immediately hid on the bottom of the deck for 3 games before I got to play her. That's alright though, all the other busted cards like Aero and She Hulk still carried me to victory.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Just played 5 games in a row against that move control deck posted above. What the gently caress?

Won 4 of them as well. Maybe it’s not so easy to play lol.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 13, 2023

Hauki
May 11, 2010

yeah I have yet to lose to that move list, I guess I don't entirely get the idea

uh thanks, doc?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Just played 5 games in a row against that move control deck posted above. What the gently caress?

Won 4 of them as well. Maybe it’s not so easy to play lol.

It’s not easy to play imo. It’s also an anti-meta deck. I take that to mean that if the meta changes from when the creator made it, then it’s not as good.

I climbed ten ranks with it once I figured it out. It’s a bit tricky to play as you need to discern what your opponent is playing quickly and either ensure you have priority or don’t.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Hauki posted:

yeah I have yet to lose to that move list, I guess I don't entirely get the idea

I tried about 6 games with a version with Maw instead of Max. It's a clever mix of control and move (both for you and your opponent's cards). Basically get big cheap cards down then control where they have power with Polaris and Aero. My favorite combo is T6 Ironfist + Aero. Move all their cards to your dump lane with Aero, then move her over to the lane you want 7 power. Tricky tricky.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I tried all sorts of gimmicky Patriot decks to rank but standard Patriot Blue Marvel got me through. No Zabu, no nothing. Hit 50 after being stuck in the mid 40s the entire loving season.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
It's fun how Doc Ock doesn't just pull cards but if you pull something that screws yourself over it pulls all the emotes from the opponent too.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

I think I got a charity win...I hope this was a bot because I am not sure what their endgame was.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

So it copied Jubilee into both lanes but one lane was already full once Jubilee went there? Sounds like they just hosed up

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

pray for my aunt posted:

Non-patriot owners: Take a day off, you're just gonna bleed cubes. Not ideal for the start of the season.

I’ve been running Kazar with lots of 1 drops and Ultron and winning a LOT

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Last night I bitched about getting MODOK's into Hela a couple of times. Well, tonight I just did it to my opponent. Sorry, Edward, I know how it feels to be on the receiving end of that, but man is it awesome when poo poo lines up like that.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Just got hosed up by a bot who Jubilee'd into Shang Chi as their last card move that just happened to hit the only lane it would matter. I'd say it was a real person but they had an invalid infinity split (gold background with no effect) on their Jubilee. I think I'm done for the night.

I just don't understand how everyone climbs up the ladder so loving fast. It's a loving slog in the 40s, just real hot and cold.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Weird interaction but I had to try:

My hobgoblin got flipped to a 0/5 and I dropped professor x then him and he didn't switch sides like I was hoping he wouldn't

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

So it copied Jubilee into both lanes but one lane was already full once Jubilee went there? Sounds like they just hosed up

They played Jubilee, who played Zora. It went on to wreck their lanes.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
So lemme see if I understand Modok. If you play Modok with Apocalypse and Swarm in your hand, it will show Apocalypse, fast forward, and then lock out being able to click on portraits to see how many cards were discarded or how many cards they have in hand (to check and see if they swarmed out).

Great design, A+.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

RevKrule posted:

Just got hosed up by a bot who Jubilee'd into Shang Chi as their last card move that just happened to hit the only lane it would matter. I'd say it was a real person but they had an invalid infinity split (gold background with no effect) on their Jubilee. I think I'm done for the night.

I just don't understand how everyone climbs up the ladder so loving fast. It's a loving slog in the 40s, just real hot and cold.

Rank is tertiary for matching. Primary is your collection level until you breach 600, then it's mainly your MMR.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

An interesting discovery was made: if you copy Electro with Mystique then bounce her with Beast, replaying her will give you +1 energy. Apparently Mystique copies the whole card, not just the Ongoing ability, but she doesn't replay any OR effects. So if there's ever a positive non-keyword ability paired with an Ongoing, she'll be able to snaffle it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

PJOmega posted:

Rank is tertiary for matching. Primary is your collection level until you breach 600, then it's mainly your MMR.

Is matchmaking regional or global? The 40's and 50's were a breeze for me. Right now I'm at 62 but I haven't played any games today.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Comso everywhere today. Spent two hours doing my dailies and only gained two cubes.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

RevKrule posted:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat: I started at 60, and I'm now at 67 or something (and that's just because during yesterday's dailies I snagged 8 + 4 cubes for a change).

At the start of the season, I regularly saw a few (charity) bots, but that seems to have stopped now.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zodack posted:

I've got a friend I've mentioned in this thread before who has a nonsense deck of just characters she likes, and she gets a good bit of Retreat wins because her opponent can't figure out her nonexistent strategy

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It's a little glib, but there's basically four things that contribute to your cube gain, the actual card game, the meta game, the betting, and the RNG. All of those skills can be improved, even the last one. Obviously, you can't change the random number generator, but staying cool and avoiding tilt when it's not on your side is as important as anything else in the game.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

y_y posted:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat: I started at 60, and I'm now at 67 or something (and that's just because during yesterday's dailies I snagged 8 + 4 cubes for a change).

At the start of the season, I regularly saw a few (charity) bots, but that seems to have stopped now.
Been stuck around 30 or so the last few days

The games I’ve won have been because of early retreats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Skippy McPants posted:

It's a little glib, but there's basically four things that contribute to your cube gain, the actual card game, the meta game, the betting, and the RNG. All of those skills can be improved, even the last one. Obviously, you can't change the random number generator, but staying cool and avoiding tilt when it's not on your side is as important as anything else in the game.

Snapping on turn 1 has done wonders for keeping me from getting tilted. I've been winning much more, and I get the occasional turn 3 retreat. I have started to retreat on turn 5 snaps because I believe that's bullshit, but otherwise I stay in.