Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

i am harry posted:

totally cool for a jew to blackface though

sorry let me rephrase that

an antiblack complaining about antisemitism is rich

Like two weeks ago he tweeted an essay about how it's antisemitic to mention any group other than Jews first when talking about the holocaust, and really gays had it much much better under the nazis than the Jews so it's basically Holocaust denial to talk about gays first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Biplane posted:

That's the point, yes.

It isn’t just profits really, you are also simply going to have to pay/hire more staff as well.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ardennes posted:

It isn’t just profits really, you are also simply going to have to pay/hire more staff as well.

No they won't.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Biplane posted:

No they won't.

The point being it could be even more chaotic than the US since there would likely be significantly less nurses/doctors per capita even at the current rate of bleeding.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 17:03 on Feb 13, 2023

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

Am enjoying the flat contradictory statements in this short clip here that 'it is gross anti-Semitism to believe Jews are in power pulling all the strings' (true, it is gross), but simultaneously 'all conspiracy theories are inherently antisemitic' (false). Those conspiracy theories being for the most part about the very people in power, or at a minimum how the powerless are secretly powerful. Which strangely kinda implies they simultaneously buy into the conspiracy but think it is gross to point out out.

Which is it?

I could really do with our media elite explaining how it is not itself anti-Semitic that they are always equating any analysis of the secret use of power and money as inherent antisemitism.

Would they just make up their minds.

Edit: the real point is ofcourse to muddy the waters of any examination of power, and the media don't need to deal with that contradiction at all because no one involved needs to believe the words even as it is said out loud.

Desiderata has issued a correction as of 17:13 on Feb 13, 2023

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
how many Jewish people do you guys even have in UK it's gotta be like 150 people.

Didn't you guys expel all of us in like 1522

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ardennes posted:

The point being it could be even more chaotic than the US since there would likely be significantly less nurses/doctors per capita even at the current rate of bleeding.

That's the plan, yes.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Casey Finnigan posted:

how many Jewish people do you guys even have in UK it's gotta be like 150 people.

guess what dude? this post is pure antisemtism

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Ardennes posted:

how would a privatized health service make money anyway, nobody in Britain has any money these days even if they wanted to spend it on luxuries like healthcare

at least americans have some money to keep the grift going

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

how would a privatized health service make money anyway, nobody in Britain has any money these days even if they wanted to spend it on luxuries like healthcare

the answer, like all modern economies, is debt. debt is great because not only does it mean people can pay you, it means they have to pay you more

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Casey Finnigan posted:

There's planes now some came back

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The bonus is that the poor old and disabled also just die lol, don't need to worry about that cost any more.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Well the greater part of how it'll work when implemented is going to be the government spending 10x what it would've cost to fix the NHS on keeping the transition to a maximally predatory system going along, and then spending 3x what it would've cost yearly to keep it nationalized to subsidize the privatization. It's a popular model because how do you pay for this all? That's right - austerity. But this is all such a downer to do, so probably a few big tax cuts during the process to cheer everybody up.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The government probably will (like the US) have to spend more on public health as well in the form of subsidies. Even the US, still has to offer programs so the population doesn’t entirely die off. Debt will go up, but the biggest source of new revenue will probably be the middle class (or what’s left of it) who doesn’t pay for private care now but will have to hand over more money to stay alive.

It very well may mean more austerity but in general British debt is unsustainable and the Pound is still weak even though the Dollar has cooled off. The result is probably going to eventually be an outflow of young Britons to the EU and other parts of the world looking for opportunity.

Biplane posted:

That's the plan, yes.

I actually don’t think it is, private trusts are businesses and they want to make money: They unlike the NHS need some staff to make money. Of course they will be heavily subsidized by the government but it eventually will happen.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 18:41 on Feb 13, 2023

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Ardennes posted:

The government probably will (like the US) have to spend more on public health as well in the form of subsidies. Even the US, still has to offer programs so the population doesn’t entirely die off. Debt will go up, but the biggest source of new revenue will probably be the middle class (or what’s left of it) who doesn’t pay for private care now but will have to hand over more money to stay alive.

It very well may mean more austerity but in general British debt is unsustainable and the Pound is still weak even though the Dollar has cooled off. The result is probably going to eventually be an outflow of young Britons to the EU and other parts of the world looking for opportunity.

I actually don’t think it is, private trusts are businesses and they want to make money: They unlike the NHS need some staff to make money. Of course they will be heavily subsidized by the government but it eventually will happen.
the problem is that these days neither the middle class nor the government have any money to speak of lol

oh and there's no growth and no immigration and shite expensive education so its not like its ever going to get better either

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

the problem is that these days neither the middle class nor the government have any money to speak of lol

Your tent cities are still not as big as the states, there is more to squeeze.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Ardennes posted:

counterpoint: britain is cold and rainy, homeless people will just die off, we can't really ship them to cornwall or something

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ardennes posted:

that's just a side effect of more walkable urban areas, denser tent cities

in the states we're all under overpasses

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Casey Finnigan posted:

About 300,000. Jews were kicked out of England in 1290 (not Scotland, but despite that there's never been much of a Jewish population here. Too bleak I assume. Pretty sure the only reason we didn't do a similar ban was there was no Jewish population to expel at the time) but the ban was effectively over-turned when Cromwell was in charge (although not officially until a good while later). The English Jewish population first returned after the expulsion from Iberia, so there's been a Jewish population in England longer than America has been an independent nation. Though the majority are Ashkenazi & their ancestors didn't come until the 19th century, escaping pogroms in the Russian Empire & all that, with another period of settlement in the '30s & '40s for obvious reasons.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

counterpoint: britain is cold and rainy, homeless people will just die off, we can't really ship them to cornwall or something

The Pacific NW is as bad weather wise. Also, it seems like most middle class Britons welcome worse conditions.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

i was doing the maths on this in my head too, so bearing in mind that the average homeowners house has gone up in value by 30000 since 2019, stuff like a hip will cost you 10 grand out of pocket, pet/ct about a grand and a chemo course can be 100000, so as long as the housing market holds up there’s a ton of value locked up here ready to be popped

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Casey Finnigan posted:

Slightly under 300,000 but yeah not a lot in a country of 67 million

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

i was doing the maths on this in my head too, so bearing in mind that the average homeowners house has gone up in value by 30000 since 2019, stuff like a hip will cost you 10 grand out of pocket, pet/ct about a grand and a chemo course can be 100000, so as long as the housing market holds up there’s a ton of value locked up here ready to be popped

i guess that means all the olds will be dying in dickensian poverty having reverse mortgaged their houses (if they're lucky) to private equity

Ardennes posted:

The Pacific NW is as bad weather wise. Also, it seems like most middle class Britons welcome worse conditions.

true, most british houses are cold and damp too

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

ro5s posted:

Bloatfeld

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

I'm in Minneapolis, one of the coldest cities in America, believe me they'll be able to manage

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm in Minneapolis, one of the coldest cities in America, believe me they'll be able to manage

depends on your definition of manage but yeah

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ardennes posted:

so i'm trapped here as a working class slacker but on the bright side, no more computer touchers?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Regarde Aduck posted:

so i'm trapped here as a working class slacker but on the bright side, no more computer touchers?

Being trapped there at all must be a miserable experience.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Zeroisanumber posted:

Being trapped there at all must be a miserable experience.
on the bright side there are plenty of ways to get yourself killed early

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

what about gibraltar?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
We'll be hosed without anyone to maintain our apps

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The jewish community should organize and expel the english from their island imho.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

once the spores of a briton settle in the land you'll never get them out

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Biplane posted:

The jewish community should organize and expel the english from their island imho.

they invented fish and chips the last time they were kicked out en mass so maybe they are the true brits when you think about it

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

we have what?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Regarde Aduck posted:

Hmmm, a bit difficult to predict but persistently high interest rates is usually not a great thing for tech or housing markets.

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

i guess that means all the olds will be dying in dickensian poverty having reverse mortgaged their houses (if they're lucky) to private equity

true, most british houses are cold and damp too

The UK just needs its blitz spirit back, Britain has a proud history of people losing their homes from fascists.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Most hosed up thing about the UK's housing market is that whole thing where you don't own the land your house is on and have to pay some aristo to lease it. That's loving bananas!

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

Most hosed up thing about the UK's housing market is that whole thing where you don't own the land your house is on and have to pay some aristo to lease it. That's loving bananas!

this is an amazing grift, and also they can just jack up the ground rent whenever they like and you can't do a loving thing

and you can't sell the gaff either because of the huge ground rent

Regarde Aduck posted:

i'm a computer touching slacker and hosed off in 2014, great timing in retrospect, can recommend it if you have any chance

good news is that you'll be better off in poland these days

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yes let's ask the aristocrats in charge if we should abolish it. Sorry they say no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Just hit the bricks, anyone can do it