Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Humphreys posted:

Someone who is good at searching surely gonna find where these epic kicks are on aliexpress:

https://shopmoonlambo.com/products/...iNAz8H4YPv6SZbg

LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Yeah that may be wildly overconfident in what you’ll actually receive, sorry. And yes, wouldn’t use them as legit work boots. They do have steel/composite toes available but not sure I’d trust them (despite the fact that most $200 work boots probably come out of the same factories).

Yeah, I probably need 48-49, especially given the tendencies for these to run small. I ordered some 12 tennis shoes on Temu and they are literally the size of my foot with nothing to spare. Luckily mesh upper.

Oh also this:

These fetishes are getting a bit out of hand.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Yeah that may be wildly overconfident in what you’ll actually receive, sorry. And yes, wouldn’t use them as legit work boots. They do have steel/composite toes available but not sure I’d trust them (despite the fact that most $200 work boots probably come out of the same factories).

Yeah, I probably need 48-49, especially given the tendencies for these to run small. I ordered some 12 tennis shoes on Temu and they are literally the size of my foot with nothing to spare. Luckily mesh upper.

Oh also this:

These fetishes are getting a bit out of hand.

Tried? Did he, like, trip or something?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

He failed to obtain consent!
No excuses, primitive hominid or not!

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I couldn’t find the VHS shoes but gently caress there’s a lot of ugly ugly shoes

Surely every woman will want this shirt (this was in the results with the shoes, I guess there’s some crossover in audience)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Honestly? I'm kinda into that top ugly pair of shoes. But I'm not even gonna waste my time trying to buy shoes on Ali since I can barely find shoes that fit my wide, stupid feet in name-brand stores.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The way that can be told of is not an unending(?) way
The names that can be named are not unending(?) names

I guess that's meant to be the opening of the Tao Te Ching – Verse 1

The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

You need a bigger size than Euro 46?

Are you the Hulk?

I need a 47. :negative:

I will never know the love of an AliExpress male booty.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Shoe culture is car culture what goes on your feet

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Reject mediocrity
I’m so small
its a voice recorder

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

DRINK ME posted:

I couldn’t find the VHS shoes but gently caress there’s a lot of ugly ugly shoes

Woulda bought all these shoes in high school, getting old sucks

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Yeah maybe I will get a pair for my kid. What's the keyword for these stupid shoes?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I was using the image of the VHS shoes to search but “colorful shoes” will get all of those and more

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I gotta admit I kinda love the first ones that look like somebody mashing together all the material scraps leftover from the factory

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

you don't have to be in high school to wear cool shoes

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

DRINK ME posted:

Those look like they would be really good at thwarting facial recognition software aimed at your feet.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Definitely the first pair with their asymmetry.

Nike did some dazzle camo skate shoes like ten years ago, I guess they could defeat people trying to judge your shoe size.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Those look like they would be really good at thwarting facial recognition software aimed at your feet.

So it has a growing market for celebrities, models, and influencers is what you're saying?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wifi Toilet posted:

Woulda bought all these shoes in high school, getting old sucks

This reminded me that Osiris is still around.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

DRINK ME posted:

Definitely the first pair with their asymmetry.

Nike did some dazzle camo skate shoes like ten years ago, I guess they could defeat people trying to judge your shoe size.

ah drat now I have to find a pair of these

to go with my Superdry Dazzle Ski Jacket and Pants

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Those slackers in mountain rescue have had it too easy for too long IMO

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's fine as long as they're not in a herd.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

ReelBigLizard posted:

Those slackers in mountain rescue have had it too easy for too long IMO

dazzle camo doesnt hide your location, just what direction youre facing and how big you are, which is frankly just a good idea for us goon sires

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I just spent two days browsing Ali looking for the most futuristic sneakers I could find. There's some nifty pairs out there, although less "future" than I expected

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

CaptainSarcastic posted:

They will go great with my Scanner Suit.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

You need a bigger size than Euro 46?

Are you the Hulk?

Euro 46 is only a US 10.5, for tiny men. OK, medium men.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Darchangel posted:

Euro 46 is only a US 10.5, for tiny men. OK, medium men.

I think 46 is a 13 US?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

US measurements are a pox on this earth

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SoftMoc, who are a big enough concern that I’d hope they know, says 46 = 13

https://www.softmoc.com/ca/shoesize.aspx

What is going on?!?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
US sizing, and UK sizing have no consistency. I normally wear an EU 47-48, but different companies call that anywhere from a 11-14 UK because those numbers mean nothing.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Subjunctive posted:

I think 46 is a 13 US?

Not according to the chart on those Caterpillar boots.
It says a US size 10.5 is 11.02" heel-to-toe (presumably the foot, not the overall boot...,) and same for a 46 EUR.

Subjunctive posted:

SoftMoc, who are a big enough concern that I’d hope they know, says 46 = 13

https://www.softmoc.com/ca/shoesize.aspx

What is going on?!?

I'd trust Softmoc's chart. Problem is, is the Ali chart off for the US size, the EUR size, or both? Neither seems to line up with Softmoc's chart, though US size is close.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I know I'm a EU 40 in one major Euro brand, which equates that to a women's 9.5 (and that tracks with the U.S. brands I wear). But another major Euro brand says EU 40 is a 9--and their 40 fits, too, just as perfectly. :iiam:

Shoes can be a crapshoot on Ali and off. At least you're not out too much money if the size turns out wrong on Ali.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

2m tall here and shoes on Ali ain't happening. Xxxl speedos fit nice and snug, though. Got my summer orders in early!

Also, browsing speedos on Ali and I think I'm gay now :gay:

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Cocaine Bear posted:

2m tall here and shoes on Ali ain't happening. Xxxl speedos fit nice and snug, though. Got my summer orders in early!

Also, browsing speedos on Ali and I think I'm gay now :gay:

Don't worry, Ali thinks you're gay too.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Temu got a super bowl ad, when is AliExpress going to feature in the big leagues?

Alucard fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 15, 2023

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
So I ordered some reflective velcro patches for the cargo bikes on my trike from aliexpress and they arrived fairly promptly, honestly like 90% of the poo poo I've added to my trike has been from aliexpress (nothing load bearing of course) and I've never had a problem until now. The tags are supposed to say "warning."

I'm honestly kind of thrilled with how this turned out. It wasn't even an option when I ordered them!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Humphreys posted:

Someone who is good at searching surely gonna find where these epic kicks are on aliexpress:

https://shopmoonlambo.com/products/...iNAz8H4YPv6SZbg

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1624876728052248577

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

oh my god

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

ah drat now I have to find a pair of these

That’s a helluva outfit, I assume there’s a calculated risk involved in other skiers/boarder not being able to judge your speed or direction at a glance.

I’d love to get a pair of those dazzle ones but in the low rise - I have the black on black colourway of those nikes and they’re a great shoe, and have almost invisible branding.

DRINK ME posted:

I haven’t ordered anything in a while but I needed to get a digital photo frame for a gift, I really want to make one out of an old 22” monitor I have but that’s a longer term project and I need this sooner. I looked locally and then on Ali and the offerings look like exactly the same product except there’s 100% markup if I buy local, so I just bought this one and am hoping it ships quickly.

Digital frame arrived. Very happy with it, it’s basically a touch screen running some android software - as it’s a gift I don’t want to mess around with it but I don’t think it would be too difficult to have it load other things.

As well as being able to load it up with photos and micro sd, you can also get the “Frameo” app and give yourself, your friends and family access to send photos to it, which arrive with little alerts, messages and will drop into the rotation. I’m thinking if I just create myself a bunch of accounts with generic names like admin, user, default, or an empty string I can get permanent access to bomb it with images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

That one is sick but it is also super expensive, maybe there are reps somewhere but I have too many jackets already