Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

Also the christingle isn't british either and he's dressed very continental.

He’s supposed to fall over and break before your wedding or something. Little bugger hasn’t moved in years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

smellmycheese posted:

Irish. That’s the Child of Prague. A must have for my Irish Catholic tradition loving wife

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_Jesus_of_Prague

Wasn't there a Father Ted episode about one of these where the head fell off?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Our house has one of those

That's a flashback to my childhood all right. :ughh:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Just Another Lurker posted:

That's a flashback to my childhood all right. :ughh:

Sorry. Should have issued an Irish Catholic trigger warning

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The collapse of Brexit Britain continues…

https://twitter.com/ladbible/status/1625175367878168576?s=46&t=fdc0kXpvLGb4TlxGQ2FKqg

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it won’t be long until the average 50 year old doesn’t recognise any brands at all!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gonna buy a load of lilt and then flog it 20 years from now for a king's ransom.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The Lilt Man forced to abandon his daily route and learn to code instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oU1R-9G4NU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

Gonna buy a load of lilt and then flog it 20 years from now for a king's ransom.

just buy the labels, no one will know what it was supposed to taste like

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

The Lilt Man forced to abandon his daily route and learn to code instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oU1R-9G4NU

Fantatic Caribbean subtext of slavery in that. A classic

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Trying to picture the chip shop fridge now. No tizer, no lilt, no panda pops. Do they still make shandy bass?

e: wow tizer still exists? it's a miracle

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

smellmycheese posted:

Fantatic Caribbean subtext of slavery in that. A classic

The Lilt Man was a precursor of zero-hour delivery contract work and a shining example of the work-on-demand benefits of modern capitalism.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Baphomet the Misunderstood:

https://hyperallergic.com/587195/misunderstood-satanic-monument-baphomet-satanic-temple/

https://twitter.com/TST_Washington/status/1096954318882713600

I think there was some other todo about a big statue of Baphomet in the last 5 years?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The laveyans are the weirdo randroids, the satanic temple as far as I am aware are basically an atheist trolling organization that uses the guise of religion to poo poo up right wing christian legislation.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I don't think I've seen Lilt in shops for ages.

Never liked the stuff.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

Would look perfect in this house

No ring

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Lilt is a poo poo name and pineapple and grapefruits sounds like a poo poo flavour. 3/10 overall. UK food is very hit or miss but UK sodas are legit all around terrible (sorry tango, you're just poo poo Fanta).

Also you call sprite lemonade and that's confusing to anyone who has ever had actual lemonade.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Miftan posted:

Lilt is a poo poo name and pineapple and grapefruits sounds like a poo poo flavour. 3/10 overall. UK food is very hit or miss but UK sodas are legit all around terrible (sorry tango, you're just poo poo Fanta).

Also you call sprite lemonade and that's confusing to anyone who has ever had actual lemonade.

I think British lemonade confuses all forrins, nothing like Egyptian or American lemonade that's for sure!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Those utter bastards, i loved Lilt. :(

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

I think most hot places call actual lemonade lemonade in general, but I don't know if British lemonade is uniquely British or if Germans and Scandis also share this weird naming convention, for example.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Miftan posted:

the words and sentences are all in English but there's nothing comprehensible about it

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Miftan posted:

Irn Bru says gently caress off.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Partial to a Fentimans Dandelion & Burdock myself.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 13, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can probably put bovril through a sodastream.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Irn Bru says gently caress off.

Iron Bru is garbage, sorry. Tastes like a mild fizzy bubblegum that's been under a table for a week or two. Scots don't @ me I don't care. Haggis is also pretty bad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

American Lemonade is probably alright but it probably also has more sugar in it than liquid.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They do sell just actual carbonated lemonade you know, sprite has lime in it, lemonade doesn't.

Also: vimto

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Josuke Higashikata posted:

American Lemonade is probably alright but it probably also has more sugar in it than liquid.

This prompted me to look up Sunny Delight (<2% juice).

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Non carbonated lemonade is better though. I'm not even fussed about the amount of sugar - both sweet and not sweet lemonade has its place, but I was very confused when I ordered one and got sprite.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Just Another Lurker posted:

Those utter bastards, i loved Lilt. :(

levi roots carribbean crush might scratch that itch comrade

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Miftan posted:

I was very confused when I ordered one and got sprite.

how do you know it wasn't R.Whites or Schweppes or Fentimans?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

kecske posted:

how do you know it wasn't R.Whites or Schweppes or Fentimans?

It doesn't matter, those are all the same thing. Yes, pepsi is okay.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Miftan posted:

Non carbonated lemonade is better though. I'm not even fussed about the amount of sugar - both sweet and not sweet lemonade has its place, but I was very confused when I ordered one and got sprite.

lemonade is see through

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lemonade is see through

Wrong as usual

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

sat back in my chair, hands on my head, simply bewildered that I came to the USA and ordered a cider but got an apple juice instead??

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Miftan posted:

Wrong as usual

oh you mean cloudy lemonade

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

This prompted me to look up Sunny Delight (<2% juice).

The story of how Sunny D crashed and burned in the UK because it was literally turning children orange is a very funny marketing disaster

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

kecske posted:

sat back in my chair, hands on my head, simply bewildered that I came to the USA and ordered a cider but got an apple juice instead??

Okay but I've lived in several other places and the UK is the only one that calls sprite lemonade.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Miftan posted:

Okay but I've lived in several other places and the UK is the only one that calls sprite lemonade.

What's the difference between cloudy lemonade and normal lemonade?
Cloudy lemonade, generally found in North America and India, is a traditionally homemade drink made with lemon juice, water, and sweetened with cane sugar or honey. Clear lemonade is a lemon, or lemon-lime flavored, carbonated soft drink. This type is common in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

And you're sure that's not just one idiot? Because I've lived plenty of places in the UK and nobody has called it lemonade.