Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

RevKrule posted:

I might spend 1000 tokens on the Gamora or the White Queen ones but yeah, none of the variants are worth 5000 tokens or anywhere near it.

I saved up 6k and thinking about Sauron but tempted by Dazzler and Shadow King since they seem more interesting to play. But with Ghost Stature and Kang all hitting this month, I'm not sure any of the current Pool 5s are as useful as the ones coming.

And thus begins “power creep,” which really has to occur for the health of the game.

Shop question: can anyone think of any real reason that the variant shop shouldn’t also rotate every 8 hours? I feel like the shop should fully rotate every 8 hours and allow you to pin a variant for later purchase too. Would be a really smart feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Quackles posted:

Okay, look.

I realize this thread is a complaint thread sometimes, but I've noticed a pattern. You get intensely upset about perceived (and sometimes actual) lack of balance in the Marvel Snap meta, with a degree of cynicism and negativity that would put an old-school Hearthstone comments section to shame. It is raining on my good humor (probably everyone else's as well).

As such, if you truly can find no intrinsic enjoyment in playing the game— and if you can, you're certainly putting on a first-rate act that you can't— then could you please stop posting in this thread?

I (and, hopefully, others) would greatly appreciate it.
Put me on ignore. It's a good button I use it a lot.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I'm enjoying my stupid Shield themed Deck and just letting luck take hold of the wheel.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Pixeltendo posted:

I'm enjoying my stupid Shield themed Deck and just letting luck take hold of the wheel.

I used to run Agent 13 in a lot of decks because a lot of times I'd get a pretty decent card and if I didn't, she's still useful on the board.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
They're adding a booster magnet next patch for those that want to target specific card upgrades

Agatha weeps

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Game needs more New Mutant characters to go with Sunspot, Wolfsbane and Magik.

I had a friend that was really into new mutants so I read all his comics. Cannonball would be a good one to disrupt an opponent’s lane, like knock cards to other lanes or something.

Cypher could be the new shittiest card in all of snap. Costs 2, 0 energy, dies on turn 4

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

priznat posted:

I had a friend that was really into new mutants so I read all his comics. Cannonball would be a good one to disrupt an opponent’s lane, like knock cards to other lanes or something.

Cypher could be the new shittiest card in all of snap. Costs 2, 0 energy, dies on turn 4

If Warlock is played before Turn 4 turn Cypher into an Invulnerable 0/20

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

If Warlock is played before Turn 4 turn Cypher into an Invulnerable 0/20

Lol yes, that could have a cool animation too

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Psyker posted:

Shop question: can anyone think of any real reason that the variant shop shouldn’t also rotate every 8 hours? I feel like the shop should fully rotate every 8 hours and allow you to pin a variant for later purchase too. Would be a really smart feature.
I'm pretty sure the logic is that if a variant someone wants does show up, they're going to be more compelled to spend money to buy it since it can't be pinned for later once they get enough free gold. Refreshing more slowly also makes it so it will be that much longer before it comes around again, increasing the pressure to buy.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Not today Bucko!

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Youremother posted:

Just broke into pool 2 and I'm already getting whooped by the new tier of decks. Like drat, I'm back under 50 and sinking!

I don't want to take away your feelings, but power through and you'll feel fine soon.

Psyker posted:

Real reason: dumbasses in charge think that it being around for 24 hours will make you impulse buy. But in reality an 8 hour cycle would increase that. I check at night when it changes and then later the next day I look again and I'm like "oh, yeah, it's the same crap."

Jokymi posted:

Refreshing more slowly also makes it so it will be that much longer before it comes around again, increasing the pressure to buy.

I get this logic and I'm not coming at you but I feel that it is actually worse for their profits.

Cormack posted:

Spent a bunch of time flailing around the low 40s with the Chonk deck. I think I'm not good enough to use it correctly without Shuri.

If it makes you feel any better, it took me a long time (literal months I guess) of playing it to learn all of the different rules I put in the write-up and just getting a feel for it. I in no way feel like it's the best deck or anything but it took a lot of time and failures to see what to do each match.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 14, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Pixeltendo posted:

Coulson is a god. I just played him and he gave me shuri and taskmaster.

lukevictorious
Mar 31, 2019

this is the water

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean you can do that but usually those decks have Swarm in them and you would have to keep him out

Even before adding Electro I never play swarm or apoc or blade, I've played around with having MODOK be the only discard in there but I usually keep Sif and/or Hell cow. It's about big swings and knowing when to snap/retreat.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The Sean posted:

I don't want to take away your feelings, but power through and you'll feel fine soon.

I fiddled my Kazoo deck around a bit and now I'm back over 50. Game's swingy like that, just gotta keep earning those credits...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Smiling Knight posted:

Heads up for an unintuitive interaction: opponent has active Iron Fist and priority. Drops Vulture right, Vulture hops to middle. My Aero in the right line reveals but does not move Vulture back to right. I suppose Aero doesn’t trigger on cards that have already moved?

It seems a little counterintuitive, but it's the same reason why playing Aero in Death's Domain with priority doesn't kill anything that is moved there: the location in which a card is played is determined when it is put on the board, and moving the card before or after the reveal doesn't change that. In this case, Vulture was played to the same lane as Aero and so is not subject to her effect.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Youremother posted:

I fiddled my Kazoo deck around a bit and now I'm back over 50. Game's swingy like that, just gotta keep earning those credits...

I was immensely pleased with climbing back up to 50 from 20 after season change, especially since I'm an 8xx CL baby, but ive been languishing in the 50s for a week now with no seeming end in sight. The only cards that would improve most of my decks rn are psylocke and mystique showing up, and i guess aero but I'm not too crazy about either her or magneto if I'm being honest, I've passed up on the latter. I'm not even particularly hungry for other tier 3 cards so I'm happy to let the tokens stack up for shuri if she ever shows. Rn I'm mostly bouncing around sera control and 656ing drops with wave between zolaing around onslaught/ronan/DevilDino or not as needed to Storm lane.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Jedit posted:

It seems a little counterintuitive, but it's the same reason why playing Aero in Death's Domain with priority doesn't kill anything that is moved there: the location in which a card is played is determined when it is put on the board, and moving the card before or after the reveal doesn't change that. In this case, Vulture was played to the same lane as Aero and so is not subject to her effect.

Aero doesn't refer to a cards played location, just "move it to this one if it was played this turn.". If a Vulture isn't in that lane, it should still get moved since it was played that turn, and is no longer in Aero's lane.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

New Leaf posted:

I put together this little Control deck and I'm really enjoying it if anyone wants to give it a shot. Truth be told I took it from a streamer, I have no idea who he was but it looked fun. The only change I made was Daredevil in for Lizard. Lizard is costing a few games when they fill a spot, so he's dangerous to use outside of a flooded area in my opinion, and Daredevil helps with turn 6 Aero and/or Magneto placement. Than an instance is where Magneto isn't necessary you have Dr doomed to cover multiple lanes. It got me from the late 40s into the 50s and I think I'll continue using it as my primary to see how far I can go.

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Angela
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Storm
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Aero
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFuZ2VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQb2xhcmlzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVzc2ljYUpvbmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEckRvb20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRhcmVkZXZpbCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

The general idea is to find a good lane, Storm on 3, JJones on 4 to lock it down. Polaris to pull units away from the lane if needed, or Nightcrawler or Doom to give it an extra kick. Then just bully them in the other lane with Aero and Magneto.

I teched in a Cosmo and finished all 6 daily quests easily. Thanks for sharing.

I somehow won several games without Magneto because he got Yondu’ed 3 matches in a row tho lol. Baero is the mvp win condition anyway.

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009

The Sean posted:

If it makes you feel any better, it took me a long time (literal months I guess) of playing it to learn all of the different rules I put in the write-up and just getting a feel for it. I in no way feel like it's the best deck or anything but it took a lot of time and failures to see what to do each match.

That sounds like the playing the deck properly requires a high degree of metagame knowledge that I don't really have. Following the general rules you laid out lead to a lot of treading water, though subbing Shang Chi in for Spider Woman has lead to me doing some climbing.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

priznat posted:

Game needs Cannonball just so I can have "Invulnerable while ahm blastin'" as a title

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Jedit posted:

This is true most of the time, but I have had cards pre-reveal Aero'd onto an Angela that trigger her, and cards Aero'd away from Angela pre-reveal won't buff her.

Just another one of those corner cases.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

PJOmega posted:

This is true most of the time, but I have had cards pre-reveal Aero'd onto an Angela that trigger her, and cards Aero'd away from Angela pre-reveal won't buff her.

Just another one of those corner cases.

In some respects it's more that Angela is the corner case. The really weird one is that if your opponent puts Angela on a pre-reveal right lane Vormir then you play two cards there post-reveal, the second of which is a Goblin, the Goblin will be destroyed because it's his first card played there but will not buff Angela because he didn't play it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Mr.PayDay posted:

I teched in a Cosmo and finished all 6 daily quests easily. Thanks for sharing.

I somehow won several games without Magneto because he got Yondu’ed 3 matches in a row tho lol. Baero is the mvp win condition anyway.

Hey nice, glad its working for someone else!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

It sucks I want the Vision and Scarlet Witch bundle but I'm trying to save up for the Deadpool one coming up soon so I can get those 1000 extra token bux :negative:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelSnap/comments/1124slw/pov_a_new_location_just_dropped/

this got a sensible chuckle

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posts are fine. What are TCG threads for, if not salty whining?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Welp, I'm on a nice losing streak, and I just had an opponent quit on turn 1 when Weird World dropped. Just how bad did he think my deck was?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Lotta people snap retreat on Weird World and District X. If you’re not trying to grind they’re kinda zero fun.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Skippy McPants posted:

No Wave posts are fine. What are TCG threads for, if not salty whining?

I’m a No Wave enjoyer myself.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Holy gently caress. I have played so many games with the same people today all with Infinite custom titles from last season. I never ever like poo poo such as tanking MMR but oof. They've been pretty friendly games, at least, and none of us really snap since we're just playing it out.

Cormack posted:

That sounds like the playing the deck properly requires a high degree of metagame knowledge that I don't really have. I can't articulate it but meta means "outside of" so metagame is the particulars of what people are playing but without meta it's just "how do these cards work in various circumstances, no matter what is popular." Following the general rules you laid out lead to a lot of treading water, though subbing Shang Chi in for Spider Woman has lead to me doing some climbing.

I would say it is more game knowledge than metagame knowledge, but it's a little hard for me to differentiate. Like And that is why I included a bit of info in my writeup about the importance of lane management with this deck particularly (I bring that up because I am not sure if you solely saw an image of the post or the writeup; I also know there are a lot of lurkers here, too so I am talking to them by proxy).

Writeup:
Another example of analyzing things outside of card combos is in a previous fun/non-competitive deck I posted a while back, Rocks!

The Sean posted:

I was thinking about some game concepts and linked a few together for a theme:

* If you don't have/draw cards you can't play cards
* If your cards get weak or too expensive you can't play them
* If you don't have spots to put cards then you can't play them

Click through for a longer description. Basically denying the ability to play cards in various ways.

In the post below I have another goofy deck that is very good (and fun) training for learning interactions of cards and exaggerating one mechanic of the game to learn a bit more.

lol and this is perfect timing while I'm writing about Rocks!

The Sean fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Feb 15, 2023

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I made a second post to just keep the deck writup separate; I wrote briefly about this yesterday or something but whatever.

Music Make You Lose Control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na7lIb09898

I posted recently that I never played move and I also don't really see move at my level anymore so I wanted to do something a little unexpected. I mostly want the opponent to Lose Control and I want to design how the board looks.

It's taking some time to learn how to pilot but I'm positive in cubes without snapping even (though it took a minute to get to that point and it seems I'm playing mostly against Infinites who also don't snap). Most of this is pretty straightforward but it's a throwback to classic move decks (that I never played myself, just against). DD really helps with some late game choices; amongst other things he really informs which of the multiple tools I should use (move 1-2 cost, 3-4 cost, Juggernaut bounce, Shang Chi). Shang Chi and Cloak are a good T6 in some situations. Rogue shuts Wong the gently caress down. Miles is cheap af all the time. Shuri is, well, Shuri.

My favorite though is knowing that I am building my middle lane as the left lane and right as the middle lane--but not just like Pool 1 where I'm only using my cards. I'm building what I'm going to play against as well. Hiemdall comes out of fuckin' nowhere (who that has been playing for a while has even thought about this card for weeks/months?).

On purpose I am not using Multiple Man, Vulture, etc. because that really signals that I'm moving to the left lane eventually. Heimdall isn't as much of a surprise when you see those. I hope that my opponent is like "just stop moving my poo poo around wtf is wrong with you?"

Speaking of Shuri, one thing that I learned is that a few of the move cards have a really high power payoff for the cost since they have a downside, somewhat randomless, or are finicky to use. Obviously, this make it really easly to slide into unreachable locations.

Dragging Dracula (since he is low cost) with Magneto into a useless lane is amazing.

Fun sad fact Melissa Elliot excelled in school as a youth to the point that the school pushed her up to grades. Then she became socially isolated due to nobody wanting to hang out with someone so much younger so she tanked her mmr grades so hard that they dropped her back down.

Also a good musical reference for this deck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ayHAciI-E&t=19s

This could vary for y'all but with my music tastes it's really fun to jam out and be like "woop, nope! nah, not there! hey, look at this!"

I wrote this while making dinner so there may be lines that don't make sense.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 15, 2023

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I put together this little Control deck and I'm really enjoying it if anyone wants to give it a shot. Truth be told I took it from a streamer, I have no idea who he was but it looked fun. The only change I made was Daredevil in for Lizard. Lizard is costing a few games when they fill a spot, so he's dangerous to use outside of a flooded area in my opinion, and Daredevil helps with turn 6 Aero and/or Magneto placement. Than an instance is where Magneto isn't necessary you have Dr doomed to cover multiple lanes. It got me from the late 40s into the 50s and I think I'll continue using it as my primary to see how far I can go.

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Angela
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Storm
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Aero
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFuZ2VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQb2xhcmlzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVzc2ljYUpvbmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEckRvb20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRhcmVkZXZpbCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

The general idea is to find a good lane, Storm on 3, JJones on 4 to lock it down. Polaris to pull units away from the lane if needed, or Nightcrawler or Doom to give it an extra kick. Then just bully them in the other lane with Aero and Magneto.

Seconding this deck--I don't have Doctor Doom so I swapped in Leader. Don't play Storm middle, then T5 Aero on the left to fill it up so Leader on the left can just copy whatever they play in their only remaining zone. Even when this play doesn't draw, I'm getting a lot more wins tonight than any of my other decks have been lately

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

The Sean posted:

Dragging Dracula (since he is low cost) with Polaris into a useless lane is amazing.

I'm guessing you meant Magneto here, unless I'm missing something.

Sounds like a fun deck, looking forward to trying it out. Is this another deck that just doesn't work without Shuri?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I am glad the Ghost base card continues the proud tradition of awesomely thicc thighs

Hell yea

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I’ve been using Magneto in my ramp deck for that exact reason. Bonus points for Zola-Ing it and playing ping pong with that bastard.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Vulpes posted:

I'm guessing you meant Magneto here, unless I'm missing something.

Sounds like a fun deck, looking forward to trying it out. Is this another deck that just doesn't work without Shuri?

Yeah, good catch on Magneto, thanks.

Re: Shuri. I don't think she's necessary. I have just been using her over the past day bc she's broken and I wanted to make sure I got some positive reinforcement while losing bad while I learned how to pilot.

There are a few other 4s that might work (if you stuck at that number). Classic Spiderman, Absorbing Man (might be great), White Queen.

Originally I was going for a Classic Spiderman and Xavier thing but I cannot get that poo poo to work even with DD.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 15, 2023

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Today's season pass mission: Discard 10 cards.

Me: Challenge Accepted.
Opponent: Challenge Accepted.

Knocked out 6 in one game and picked up a cube on their retreat. I guess they missed either my Ghost Rider or Hela getting discarded.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

If you aren't playing a Lockjaw deck over the next two days, you don't know how to have fun (or you don't have the card).
Just played an insane match where X Mansion gave me a free loving Thanos on the board (already playing a Thanos/Lockjaw deck so thanks game!) and the new location. The third location become Lockjaw central and I tossed stones down on both until they were both stuffed with good big fun stuff.

Also Ghost was in store and I just couldn't pass her up. Worst case I have to pin Kang for a while.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
I was just thinking this is the time to be playing Lockjaw, I can never draw him regularly but now I can also never hit the hot location either lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

After your list earlier and chatting about shehulk in a ramp style I made this and it's been a blast. Absolute 8 cube ripper with all the zola/odin shenanigans.

This deck is a blast with Quantum Tunnel. Absolute shenanigans.