Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Zero One posted:

Reminds me of something that happened when I was young... a company had built a big hotel near a residential area in suburban Detroit. They promised the community they would only build the one. Then they decided to build a second next door. They thought they could get away with it because the people living nearby didn't have the resources to fight in court.

Except that one of the residents was good friends with Bill Ford... heir of the Ford family. He hired my dad's law firm (the biggest in Detroit) and gave them unlimited resources to sue on behalf of the neighborhood. The company ended up paying a huge settlement.

This scenario is depressing as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

dear mr. SEC, thank you for waiting to clamp down on this mess until after it personally cost Tom Brady untold millions of dollars

America
Apr 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1625573440936632329

More trouble for the smart guy!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Yo, I needed a VPN to watch the Superbowl. No other methods are available

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Super….Bowl? Bitcoin guy and his niche hobbies

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

zedprime posted:

Cheese and barrel aged liquor are predictably and quantitatively aged. You stick it in a cave on purpose and get it out and it's food stuff ready to eat. There are production losses but that just reinforces ageing is a production process.

Wine, art, and collectibles are all things that are logically at peak utility the day they are made. Time will only ruin them. That's the goal of collectors, let time ruin them so only theirs are left and become valuable for existing out of time.

polemon cards

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

Yo, I needed a VPN to watch the Superbowl. No other methods are available

We’ll it’s not like they just broadcast it over the air in a way that can be received and watched on your tv using a $20 antennae available at every ubiquitous big box home goods store in America

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
would judges care about not using a vpn, but still doing pirate streams or downloads?

Eikre
May 2, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

NordVPN about to get raided

I'm giving it four-to-one odds that they printed Mulder and Scully a pair of personalized building access badges years ago. Oh yes sir, we upstanding businesspeople would love to assist your investigations, it's just that we're the unwilling accomplices of so much crime around here. Surely you must pick your battles and not worry about something as trivial as the torrent piracy that may or may not constitutes 80% of our traffic. Here's fifteen banker boxes of CSAM to get you started, please let us know if there's any other miniscule subsections of our customer-base that we can throw under your bus with absolutely no hesitation whatsoever.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Eikre posted:

I'm giving it four-to-one odds that they printed Mulder and Scully a pair of personalized building access badges years ago. Oh yes sir, we upstanding businesspeople would love to assist your investigations, it's just that we're the unwilling accomplices of so much crime around here. Surely you must pick your battles and not worry about something as trivial as the torrent piracy that may or may not constitutes 80% of our traffic. Here's fifteen banker boxes of CSAM to get you started, please let us know if there's any other miniscule subsections of our customer-base that we can throw under your bus with absolutely no hesitation whatsoever.

https://youtu.be/WAfNefX3faI

drk
Jan 16, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

would judges care about not using a vpn, but still doing pirate streams or downloads?

prob not

dude logged into his gmail via VPN and the government is like "why is google notifying us you're accessing accounts from outside the country, mr supposed to be in palo alto"

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1625729361298194433

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

drk posted:

prob not

dude logged into his gmail via VPN and the government is like "why is google notifying us you're accessing accounts from outside the country, mr supposed to be in palo alto"

i assume this is even with vpn locations that are within the US but in different cities?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Boxturret posted:

I love how all these schemes boil down to just holding on to an asset and not doing anything at all, then you will be rewarded for all your non work by having the entire world turn inside out and put you at the top

Religion.txt

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blotto_Otter posted:

dear mr. SEC, thank you for waiting to clamp down on this mess until after it personally cost Tom Brady untold millions of dollars

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Deptfordx posted:

Thought I'd check out how the Reddit BBBY people are doing.

Bad News: BBBY has lost 2/3rds of it's share price since it was 'Saved' by the deal last Monday.
Good News: It's still going to go straight to the Moon. HODL till it's $420 a share! We're all geting lambo's!!

My favourite quote from there.

:hmmyes:
The latest thing seems to be cheering on noted benevolent company rescuer Carl Ichan who they believe is the mystery $1b person (or something) responsible for getting involved recently. Ryan Cohen also still gets mentioned, and feted.

Imagine continuing to idolise a guy even after he dumped his full bag on retail at the highs of the stock price, and imagining that Carl fucken Icahn is a knight in shining armour who is going to come in and fly them to the moon. Total insanity.

Ironically if/when Icahn is revealed to be involved the stock will probably pump from all these morons FOMO'ing back in, at which point he'll cream his profits and hand slap Cohen Predator-style and celebrate being the only two investors who saw BBBY for exactly what it is - an opportunity to exploit a bunch of degenerates who deify their captors even while they peel bits of their flesh off of them.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Oh totally, I checked back in earlier over the morning tea and I noticed the whole 'Our white knight Carl Icahn is going to swoop in and save us' bit .

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 15, 2023

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

What the gently caress is a web 3 headphone?

I understand the words, I just can't imagine how headphones have anything to do with blockchain or why you would need special ones to listen to your ape sing or whatever dumb .wav someone tosses up there.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

I understand the words, I just can't imagine how headphones have anything to do with blockchain or why you would need special ones to listen to your ape sing or whatever dumb .wav someone tosses up there.

it's a smartwatch stuck to the side of your head for easy visibility

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

well now they can be 100 to a thousand times the price. clearly this is the cost of innovation! now you can surf up inside an apes butthole through your ears!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

You don't get the headphones, you get an NFT for the headphones.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://comingsoon.co/products/vernte/

it's literally just an android phone awkwardly attached to the outside of a pair of headphones

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

who wants to bet that the headphones are garbage tier too

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Good lord, that is amazing levels of "Ok, how can we take something simple that already works, and make it objectively worse in every way."

EMoney
Jul 19, 2004
Yikes, looks like Asia and European countries will be able to take full advantage of America's insistence on being a laggard on creating regulatory clarity to help promote responsible innovation for the next era of financial rails and next phase of the internet. Just as the American dominated Web2 giants starts to show signs of decay it is clear power will be shifting away from American shores for innovation.

When you're being outpaced by the notoriously slow moving EU, you know things are bad.

" The European Union's executive arm on Tuesday launched a regulatory sandbox for innovative applications of distributed ledger technologies (DLT) that underline crypto.

The European Commission's blockchain regulatory sandbox aims to "facilitate the cross-border dialogue with and between regulators and supervisors on the one hand, and companies or public authorities on the other hand," an official announcement said.

The initiative is part of a EU funding program to bring businesses, citizens and public administrations to the digital age. The bloc is also exploring how DLT-based solutions could help cut out intermediaries in securities trading, with a pilot due to begin in March.
The DLT sandbox will run until 2026 and will annually support 20 projects involving blockchain applications for public and private sector use "to verify information and make services trustworthy."

https://www.coindesk.com/policy/202...m_medium=social

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

repiv posted:

it's literally just an android phone awkwardly attached to the outside of a pair of headphones

Honestly its kinda cool, I guess the bigger quest is: What is actually Web 3 about it or did they just use it s a buzzword?

Integrate some Augmented Reality stuff and it'd be even more neat. Probably gonna flop.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

CommieGIR posted:

Honestly its kinda cool, I guess the bigger quest is: What is actually Web 3 about it or did they just use it s a buzzword?

Integrate some Augmented Reality stuff and it'd be even more neat. Probably gonna flop.

You can use something called "voice over blockchain protocol" to do blockchain transactions lol

Taken at face value I am entirely unsure what the value is in embedding an Android device into headphones.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Call me when someone designs a web3 compatible tarot deck so I can authorize transactions via cartomancy.

SettingSun fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 15, 2023

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Southern Cassowary posted:

You can use something called "voice over blockchain protocol" to do blockchain transactions lol

Taken at face value I am entirely unsure what the value is in embedding an Android device into headphones.

The value proposition is that it's really easy to authorize transactions, for me, when you sit down next to me on the bus with an unlocked smartphone strapped to the side of your head

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Web3 literally means "internet but I own it"

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

shame on an IGA posted:

The value proposition is that it's really easy to authorize transactions, for me, when you sit down next to me on the bus with an unlocked smartphone strapped to the side of your head

"Alexa, please buy me a PS5 and send it to this address, thanks"

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

EMoney posted:

Yikes, looks like Asia and European countries will be able to take full advantage of America's insistence on being a laggard on creating regulatory clarity to help promote responsible innovation for the next era of financial rails and next phase of the internet. Just as the American dominated Web2 giants starts to show signs of decay it is clear power will be shifting away from American shores for innovation.

You know the gimmick-posting was funny at first, but the joke's grown stale. You need a new schtick or to take a break.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

zedprime posted:

Cheese and barrel aged liquor are predictably and quantitatively aged. You stick it in a cave on purpose and get it out and it's food stuff ready to eat. There are production losses but that just reinforces ageing is a production process.

Wine, art, and collectibles are all things that are logically at peak utility the day they are made. Time will only ruin them. That's the goal of collectors, let time ruin them so only theirs are left and become valuable for existing out of time.
... what.

That would be why winemakers age their wine for multiple years, in dedicated temperature-controlled cellars, before putting it on sale? Just like barrel-aged liquor and cheese? Buying art for profit's sake is bullshit, but the work of the artists arbitrarily chosen as the best deteriorates physically only if the artist made really, really bad choices on materials. Jackson Pollock paintings are doing just fine, profit-wise. Mark Rothko paintings also, except they genuinely do deteriorate in light. The difference is not the quality of the art, it's the original materials. There are, to give just one example, Holbein paintings that look awesome 480 years after his death.

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

I, too, collect beanie babies. Just you wait, one day...

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

https://twitter.com/CGasparino/status/1625475673073635330
this is good for bitcoin

also the replies. lol. "everyone who gets one should fight it. they can't fight you all!" is a very easy thing to say when you're not in their sights.

savvy crypto investors have already diversified their portfolios
https://twitter.com/raydixonlive/status/1625548752273522694?s=19

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
the only bitcoin product with utility:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Hi folks!

Appreciate your eternal vigilance in keeping the dreaded H P A R E S off our board

However, I would ask when reporting people for possibly being He Who Must Never Post, please check reg dates. I really don't think they're smart enough to play an extremely long game

Thank you!

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

a post just goofy and dumb enough to be embarrassing, but not goofy and dumb enough to be entertaining. I agree with purple, this bit is played out, time to let it go.

e: also EMoney is clearly not that other notorious former poster, their posts are not nearly manic enough

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Thesaurus posted:

savvy crypto investors have already diversified their portfolios
https://twitter.com/raydixonlive/status/1625548752273522694?s=19

That's almost verbatim what I got when I tested waters in a crypto groups I know of. Very similar response with hostility directed straight at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

repiv posted:

I clicked on Specs and it just scrolls the page to the image of the headphones which a bunch of meaningless labels. "2.0 GHz 8 octa-core CPU & 6GB or 4GB RAM" is pretty loving meaningless. Snapdragon? Mediatek? My guess it will be a poo poo-tier CPU that struggles to run Android, much less anything else.