Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hmm yes
Dec 2, 2000
College Slice
Yes

edit: snipe

hmm yes fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
D3 in its current form is both the best Diablo game available and the best ARPG on the market for the play style niche it fills of gotta go fast nuke all the swarms of enemies.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

The holiday gifts are still dropping even though they were supposed to stop a week or two ago.

GG

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

chird posted:

I played Grim Dawn and Last Epoch to death, finally considering Diablo but I'm poor atm. D4 expensive. D3 Primevil is on sale atm tho.

Basically asking the age-old question of 'would you recommend this game now to new players?'

Yeah it's really good

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, I'd say its the most satisfying arpg.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I think my favorite Monk Build was Uilana's Exploding Fist but I haven't played it in years. I think the biggest hurdle is that whenever I look up guides I keep seeing people talking about applying Mythic Rhythm and buffed Exploding Palms and I'm too stupid to understand that and I end up playing WW Bard or Bombardment Crusader instead so I can play while watching YouTube videos instead.

Don’t worry about it. Once you get the full Uliana set, you’re rolling over everything for a while. Eventually you want to do a couple fiddly things to optimize your dps but by the time you’re ready it will make sense. I love the 7-sided EP build and CDR is the main stat you need early, which is very straightforwrd.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Suburban Dad posted:

The holiday gifts are still dropping even though they were supposed to stop a week or two ago.

GG

I haven't gotten any since I asked about them a week or so before they were supposed to be over. Lame.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

RodShaft posted:

I haven't gotten any since I asked about them a week or so before they were supposed to be over. Lame.

This is on PC, haven't checked switch.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Fire bell monk is the best monk don't @ me

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
We've talked about it before in the thread but Diablo 3 absolutely respects your time, which I think is a pretty great quality. In short order you can be beating the ever loving poo poo out of things and making body parts fly all over the place. For a sale price, with the different classes and builds, it's a ton of content.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thanks for mentioning the sale, I guess I'll finally buy and maybe play as necromancer for this final season

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Go DH, necromancer sucks.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Necro is a super powerful class, both for leveling and endgame. Like objectively the best for 4-manning ever since their addition to the game. Anybody who says they're overly reliant on 2-minute cooldowns has apparently been living in a coma for the last 2.5 years.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I've never played one past like level 40 GR but I absolutely love corpses as a third resource you manage. It's super cool.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Just spin the wheel to decide what to start:

https://wheeldecide.com/index.php?c...ss+Wheel&time=5

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
I like necros they're pretty fun. I will definitely be playing one this season at some point.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Suburban Dad posted:

GG

congrats on scamming the system

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Field Mousepad posted:

Go DH, necromancer sucks.

I'm probably gonna play a bit of everything once I unlock all/most of the shrine but I was gonna start as monk or dh anyway since those are the two I always play

but I'm definitely gonna play necro at some point and you can't stop me

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Did they ever introduce a controller option for the PC version of this game?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm probably gonna play a bit of everything once I unlock all/most of the shrine but I was gonna start as monk or dh anyway since those are the two I always play

but I'm definitely gonna play necro at some point and you can't stop me

Listen man I have 69 confirmed kills and I will find you

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Either necro in rat runs is fun. Anywhere else is just.... ehhh.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Witch Doctor is D3's best class.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Weird way of spelling monk.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

My Top 3 in time played are Wizard (by a lot), then DH, then Monk.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, Wizard is best, then DH, then barb, then monk, WD necro and crusader

How is crusader so bad? Everything just feels so clunky and slow

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

A Moose posted:

Last season crusader was really really fun. The aov foh build was really good. You'd zip around everywhere with your horse and blast everything with lightning.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

They really should put the Crucible powers back onto some stat stick legendaries because LoD Missile was super fun.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

wemgo posted:

Did they ever introduce a controller option for the PC version of this game?

Nope

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
It sucks, I also looked into this recently after playing on Switch for a while. D4 is supposed to support both and dynamic switching, though! Just hoping it's good.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I’d probably have double the playtime if controller was an option

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

A Moose posted:

AoV crusader is fast as hell and ridiculously fun. It's the only way I'll play crusader anymore

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I'm thinkin' necro this season. Spear and Nova are both good and fun builds, and the class is far and away the most fun to level (even IF levelling will be shorter due to the seasonal thinger).

If only Masquerade wasn't such rear end as a Gift set.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
The secret of necro starts is not bothering with Haedrig's Gift at all and just building something with LOD right off the bat. Then you have a gift to get an alt that does faster keys (inna monk, god dh) started.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
I think I'm going to start as necro until 20 to fill out a good portion of the altar, then swap to dh to actually level up and use the haedrigs gift. My ultimate trajectory will depend a lot on how Nats and the necro potion cool down 'feature' as re changed/nerfed.

On a related note, season 28 final patch notes are supposed to be released today, right?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

LordAdakos posted:

I think I'm going to start as necro until 20 to fill out a good portion of the altar, then swap to dh to actually level up and use the haedrigs gift. My ultimate trajectory will depend a lot on how Nats and the necro potion cool down 'feature' as re changed/nerfed.

On a related note, season 28 final patch notes are supposed to be released today, right?

Yessir.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I’m surprised the lead interns are working this quickly since there’s still a lot on the PTR to fix.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I’m surprised the lead interns are working this quickly since there’s still a lot on the PTR to fix.

Your first mistake is assuming they intend to fix it.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
How long has the gap been between previous seasons? Will they have the new one up on the 20th?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

How long has the gap been between previous seasons? Will they have the new one up on the 20th?

It'll be a friday, 24th is likely but who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
One to two weeks from season end to season start is the norm.