Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Youremother posted:

Does anybody know the internal logic on how boosters are earned? Does winning, losing, how many turns the match went matter, anything like that? Or is it just random?

afaik you earn boosters randomly on cards that you had in your deck; it doesn't matter if you used them. Priority is given to cards at the first two upgrade levels. When I split a card I usually keep it at its most basic until I get a pile of boosters again. If you play with Agatha she will always steal all of the boosters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The Sean posted:

afaik you earn boosters randomly on cards that you had in your deck; it doesn't matter if you used them. Priority is given to cards at the first two upgrade levels. When I split a card I usually keep it at its most basic until I get a pile of boosters again. If you play with Agatha she will always steal all of the boosters.

Thanks! This is about what I thought, I've got almost all of my cards at Rare right now so I'm trying to get the handful of cards I still have at Uncommon up there.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I think it’s one booster per round the match sees

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

A patch note in November said: "Boosters earned after a match will now favor cards with less than 20 owned Boosters."

However, it doesn't feel like that right now. It doesn't feel that rigged. I had a deck with 3 cards with <10 boosters and it took 7 games before one of them earned some.

Apparently a dev on their Discord said this week that a change in next patch will "make booster targeting easier".

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

I put this stupid deck together on Monday and have had great success with it so far on my Steam account (2069 collection level). It is surprisingly consistent and I typically only retreat if I don't have Modok in hand by turn 5.

Don’t play Wolverine or Swarm. Use Cosmo to protect Morbius/Mystique or Strong guy.

Turn 1: Agent 13 or Iceman
Turn 2: Morbius
Turn 3: Mystique (in another lane) or Cosmo on Morbius lane.
Turn 4: Strong Guy
Turn 5: Modok
Turn 6: Chavez and dump Swarm to empty hand.

I've been getting a good amount of 8 cube wins because people don't expect a disco deck without Dracula or Apocalypse.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I already have zabu and electro and just opened up psylocke, what can she do that they cant??

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I was just thinking about Ghost and man, it can be a game changer with Viper. As long as your opponent doesn't have a way to destroy her, you get to choose who has priority for the rest of the game. I can see it being devastating for Galactus decks.

I wanna get to 60 and then maybe I'll gently caress around with some theorycrafting on it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Ramp one turn without the restrictions those cards have. Useful for Galactus, Negative, 6+6 combos Doom/Odin, etc.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I already have zabu and electro and just opened up psylocke, what can she do that they cant??
She is redundancy if theres a 4 cost you really want to play on 3 (mr neg for example). She's usually the second or third best ramp card in the decks she's in, which isnt a bad thing, because having extra copies of ramp is good.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Also turn 4 Sera, which, ok technically Electro can do that, but I don't know why you would.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Hela always seemed so OP to me but now that I finally drew her I can't seem to make her work in my disco deck. It's probably because I'm not ready to give up MODOK yet.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Skippy McPants posted:

Locations with "When" activate before cards with the same, so from Angela's PoV the card vanished and was never "played."

Yes, it's counter-intuitive and the effects would be simultaneous, but Marvel Snap loves vague key-works, inconsistent interactions, and obtuse mechanics.

Inconsistent is right, they tell you in several places that card abilities happen before location abilities. So you'd think Angela activates, then the location does. Angela has been special forever, she won't trigger if she exists on Death's Domain and you play a card there that's destroyed.

Meanwhile Bishop doesn't have that kind of weird non-interaction, he increments just fine in cases like that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hobo Clown posted:

Hela always seemed so OP to me but now that I finally drew her I can't seem to make her work in my disco deck. It's probably because I'm not ready to give up MODOK yet.

You'll want Ghost Rider, but the current big play is Invisible Woman-MODOK-Hela if you want to keep him around

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

+40 cubes in a couple hours with this deck this am, up to 95. Can’t pretend it was all skill, I won one game when a reality stone changed a location on t6 to limbo and gave us a surprise extra turn that got me the W. But it’s a fun deck that wins a lot.

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Armor
# (3) Lockjaw
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (5) Captain Marvel
# (5) Aero
# (6) Thanos
# (6) She-Hulk
# (6) Magneto
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTG9ja2phdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGhhbm9zIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGVIdWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYWduZXRvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJRdWluamV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsdWVNYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybW9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXB0YWluTWFydmVsIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Truly one of the hardest things to see has to be a Jubilee pull down a Zola who then copies herself to two other lanes raining down chonky bonks onto unsuspecting opponents. It's almost too mean to drop Odin down on that Zola afterwards...almost.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Truly one of the hardest things to see has to be a Jubilee pull down a Zola who then copies herself to two other lanes raining down chonky bonks onto unsuspecting opponents. It's almost too mean to drop Odin down on that Zola afterwards...almost.

Pulled that one off too. The opponent didn't even retreat.

Also pulled a Hela out of Invis Woman lane that was hiding MODOK, get hosed.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I love hitting invis woman with a Rogue prior to T6 so they can't get their hela down and modok blasts her, lol

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
is sera into kingpin+aero a legit strat that is ever used

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

is sera into kingpin+aero a legit strat that is ever used

Not really. Aero's job is to move cards to somewhere they don't do anything useful, so destroying them is usually overkill.

Kingpin and Magento are a better duo since Mags can drag multiple cards developed earlier in the game to their deaths. It's still more of a gimmick, but it is fun to do.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

The Sean posted:

Man I wish I could go back in time and unlearn what you just explained.

Because it sounds like your saying the dogshit foil versions of my cards are more likely to get boosters when in my deck if I'm looking to upgrade them.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

GarudaPrime posted:

Because it sounds like your saying the dogshit foil versions of my cards are more likely to get boosters when in my deck if I'm looking to upgrade them.

Yeah but only for the first 15 boosters so it goes quick.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

They are adding a booster magnet next patch, so you will be able to presumably make any card in your deck get the boosters all the time like Agatha does.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bottom Liner posted:

They are adding a booster magnet next patch, so you will be able to presumably make any card in your deck get the boosters all the time like Agatha does.

This is perfectly inline with mobile gaming and it doesn’t surprise me at all, but is there any source to this? I know they’ve been sorta “We’ll have ways to help people focus boosters ;)))” but I dont know if folks are extrapolating out of that or what.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I would be genuinely shocked if it was an "all boosters go to your chosen card" vs. just a probability increase.

e: I'm too lazy to find/link it but yeah, if I remember correctly the exact words "booster magnet" appeared in their roadmap

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Geekslinger posted:

I put this stupid deck together on Monday and have had great success with it so far on my Steam account (2069 collection level). It is surprisingly consistent and I typically only retreat if I don't have Modok in hand by turn 5.

Don’t play Wolverine or Swarm. Use Cosmo to protect Morbius/Mystique or Strong guy.

Turn 1: Agent 13 or Iceman
Turn 2: Morbius
Turn 3: Mystique (in another lane) or Cosmo on Morbius lane.
Turn 4: Strong Guy
Turn 5: Modok
Turn 6: Chavez and dump Swarm to empty hand.

I've been getting a good amount of 8 cube wins because people don't expect a disco deck without Dracula or Apocalypse.

Nice, I've been wanting to try something like that. I just got Mystique this morning. Makes me wish I'd saved that Ultron I had pinned but so it goes..

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Is uh, Mr. Negative worth 1000 tokens because he enables a new archetype? I'm CL802 and got 3.9k tokens saved up.

Other pool 3 cards I have so far:

Absorbing Man
Sera
Gambit
Psylocke
Daredevil
Brood
Dracula
Leader
Red skull
Ronan
Titania
Beast
Hazmat
Mojo
Black Cat
Omega Red
Rescue
Captain Marvel
Typhoid Mary
Zabu
Modok

The cards I'm mainly on the lookout for because they're high on tier lists are:

Wong
Wave
Mystique
Death
She-Hulk
Aero

Those I will probably snap purchase whenever they hit my token shop, the question is if Mr. Negative ranks among them or if he's not really that useful if I don't have Silver Surver or something.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 15, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Honestly, I wouldn't get Mr. Negitive unless you're S3 complete or close to it. You have some of the cards that make him good, but not all, and he really wants a deck that is 100% built around his ability.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Ghost in the shop! Should I buy? Haven't seen a lot of play with her yet as the featured location kinda messes with her atm.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Skippy McPants posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't get Mr. Negitive unless you're S3 complete or close to it. You have some of the cards that make him good, but not all, and he really wants a deck that is 100% built around his ability.

Even still he doesn’t really shine without Bast I think.

Oenis it depends on what you like to play but the ones you identified as high priority targets are all good.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
shadow king wouldn't affect ongoing cards like dino right?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Waffleopolis posted:

Ghost in the shop! Should I buy? Haven't seen a lot of play with her yet as the featured location kinda messes with her atm.

No. Ghost is maybe okay, but not worth 6k tokens.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

He shouldn't but I'm not 100% sure. Only saw him once, as a random location pull.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

GarudaPrime posted:

Opopanax posted:

Yeah but only for the first 15 boosters so it goes quick.

Yeah, 15 boosters isn't very much. That's why I make the personal choice of not touching them until I get like 200. I don't care about the base cosmetic that much myself.

RevKrule posted:

different but similar situation from 3 months ago lol:

The Sean posted:

Hmph. I just lost a game I should have won because my Zola copied a Jubilee to two other locations, the first one pulled an Odin which started another Jubilee. That's the dream. Except it forgot about my Jubilee at the other location and she didn't go off.

At that point I learned to check how many cards I have left in my deck (at least the let you track that, even if they don't with discards etc).

The Sean fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 15, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

He does affect Devil's base power if it's been altered, but he doesn't affect the ongoing ability.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I don’t know about Shadow King but someone played a Valkyrie on my Dino once and the Dino kept the full ongoing power.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Doobie Keebler posted:

I don’t know about Shadow King but someone played a Valkyrie on my Dino once and the Dino kept the full ongoing power.

Yeah, I learned that lesson the hard way the first time I used Valkyrie against a destroy deck with Knull.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Luke Cage also nullifies Valkyrie's effect if it would reduce your card's power; if it would be boosted, it stays boosted.

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

God I hate Quantum Tunnel.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

quote:

# (2) Domino
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Punisher
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Spider-Woman
# (5) Abomination
# (6) Hulk
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25NYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJGYW50YXN0aWMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlB1bmlzaGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXB0YWluQW1lcmljYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRG9taW5vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBYm9taW5hdGlvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVyV29tYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN3b3JkTWFzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVF1ZWVuIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Getting a frankly confusing amount of wins with this deck I netdecked just to level up my Infinaut. Is this actually an okay deck for early pool 2, or is my MMR that low right now?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Luke Cage also nullifies Valkyrie's effect if it would reduce your card's power; if it would be boosted, it stays boosted.

Didn't think about that, that's a mean combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ellaybee posted:

God I hate Quantum Tunnel.

It actually rules. I'm playing a stupid Tigers deck and having a great time just seeing what happens.

Makes me wish I had Lockjaw, this deck gambling is a blast.