Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Please, Jarred Costco is my Father. I'm Pesto Costco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Apparently there is a part of TikTok that is Costco Food Court TikTok and I've ended up there. Immediately thought of this thread.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

yeah they bitchin about the onions too

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I feel bad, I yelled at church gas today. Two guys decided to idly chat for five minutes in the middle lane of the gas pumps. They were both confused why someone would yell at them for holding up a dozen people just trying to get gas on their lunch break.

I should have just honked. Please forgive me Costco gods.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Laterite posted:

Costco Pestoman

Decent username potential

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I feel bad, I yelled at church gas today. Two guys decided to idly chat for five minutes in the middle lane of the gas pumps. They were both confused why someone would yell at them for holding up a dozen people just trying to get gas on their lunch break.

gently caress those losers. good job.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Not the hero we need, but the hero we deserve. You might have inspired me enough to go to Costco tomorrow and pick a fight with an old lady that leaves her cart in the middle of the aisle.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ShowTime posted:

Not the hero we need, but the hero we deserve. You might have inspired me enough to go to Costco tomorrow and pick a fight with an old lady that leaves her cart in the middle of the aisle.

Get a bullhorn and direct traffic in the parking lot.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Get a bullhorn and direct traffic in the parking lot.

There's technically no law against using an airhorn on the old lady blocking the aisle.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

It's amazing how loving slow so many people are when getting gas. I'm routinely in and out before the person who was already filling up takes the nozzle out.

I once got stuck behind some lunatic who wiped every single thing they touched with individual wipes.

Open the car: wipe the inside handle first
Pull out your membership card: wipe it
Scan your card: wipe it
Open your gas door: wipe the gas cap
etc etc

Absolutely unhinged and outright heretical behavior at the font.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

sieve jorbs posted:

It's amazing how loving slow so many people are when getting gas. I'm routinely in and out before the person who was already filling up takes the nozzle out.

I once got stuck behind some lunatic who wiped every single thing they touched with individual wipes.

etc etc

That person is begging to be hosed with. It would be very easy.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

sieve jorbs posted:

etc etc

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Some people do really have a sort of Covid PTSD and I feel for em.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

sieve jorbs posted:

etc etc

Spray em down with gas next time. That'll speed them up

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Propaganda Hour posted:

I think this might be considered assault

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Propaganda Hour posted:

Drenched with a lifetime supply of gasoline. They'll never have to get gas again.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The ones that annoy me the most are the people who don't move up to the front pump when it opens. They just sit in their car staring at their phone or staring straight ahead slack jawed. I don't even bother to honk, I just scoot around them and take the open pump.

You snooze you lose dipshit

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Costco update: pesto still good, cheese stick tasty, applesauce was good

Praise Costco for this bountiful work lunch

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Oh, right, most of you live in uncivilized places where you have to pump your own gas. In Oregon you pull up to the pumps and an attendant does the actual gas pumping part for you. Reduces the kind of dipshittery described above quite a lot.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's cute when New Jersey and Oregoons get proud of the fact they don't know how to operate a gas pump

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Soul Dentist posted:

It's cute when New Jersey and Oregoons get proud of the fact they don't know how to operate a gas pump

I wonder if they're gonna have someone to plug in EVs at fast charging stations. This would be kind of cool if it's done charging, and they could move my car before I'm done eating or whatever.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

But if I can't pump my own gas how can I watch gas station TV?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Oh, right, most of you live in uncivilized places where you have to pump your own gas. In Oregon you pull up to the pumps and an attendant does the actual gas pumping part for you. Reduces the kind of dipshittery described above quite a lot.

This obviously does not apply to Costco (praise be unto Costco), but in practice this means that the one elderly attendant that is operating all sixteen pumps takes a half-hour to pump your gas.

Here’s looking at you, Teal Boulevard Safeway Fuel Station in Beaverton, Oregon.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Costco members enjoy great values, and therefore should make the switch to EVs.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Wayne Knight posted:

Costco members enjoy great values, and therefore should make the switch to EVs.

How about a switch to gas operators instead? You fuel my 14mpg truck while I sit in it and eat a $1.50 hot dog, $3.00 pizza slice in peace, while sipping that cold, delicious Pepsi product. EV can go gently caress themselves. They aren't eating at MY food court anyway.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Soul Dentist posted:

As an Oregonian who has lived elsewhere, I loving hate it. It's especially awkward on a motorcycle.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sloppy posted:

It's especially awkward on a motorcycle.

Do you make eye contact when he puts it in?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

ShowTime posted:

How about a switch to gas operators instead? You fuel my 14mpg truck while I sit in it and eat a $1.50 hot dog, $3.00 pizza slice in peace, while sipping that cold, delicious Pepsi product. EV can go gently caress themselves. They aren't eating at MY food court anyway.

My car gets fueled while I sleep and saves me money I can spend on additional hot dogs and pizza slices.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
This person puts hard working Oregonians and New Jerseyites out of work all for the price of hot dogs and pizza.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

Blue Moonlight posted:

This obviously does not apply to Costco (praise be unto Costco), but in practice this means that the one elderly attendant that is operating all sixteen pumps takes a half-hour to pump your gas.

Here’s looking at you, Teal Boulevard Safeway Fuel Station in Beaverton, Oregon.

I think it's all Safeway gas stations. Because they horrifically understaff them.

And Costco is great, because if you do want to expedite the process, you can swipe your Costco card and credit card before the attendant gets to you, at least the Eugene Costco was always chill about that, I guess maybe elsewhere it's different

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
People itt twisting themselves into knots trying to validate the stupidest system of fueling an automobile

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Soul Dentist posted:

People itt twisting themselves into knots trying to validate the stupidest system of fueling an automobile

I see this is your first time on the forums.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I take public transit to church :smug: I self-checkout, load up my backpack then breeze on past the line at the door checkers since they don't seem to recognize you as a shopper if you're not pushing a cart. I'm usually in and out in under 10 minutes, and that's if I browse a little.

Tried the yakisoba chicken kit yesterday, pretty tasty and easy to put together if not a little bland, though some crispy garlic chili oil fixed that. Big fan of the peanut butter filled pretzels, dried apricots and coastal cheddar brick; have yet to grab a rotisserie chicken cause I need a separate bag for that due to the potential for juice leakage. Some day they will be mine though...

The chicken bake is overrated, sounds like it used to be better? I skip it and pack my pockets with dogs for the ride home.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

bizwank posted:

I take public transit to church :smug: I self-checkout, load up my backpack then breeze on past the line at the door checkers since they don't seem to recognize you as a shopper if you're not pushing a cart.

Oh they sure as poo poo recognize you if you're just carrying everything in your hands or in one of their free cardboard boxes and you don't have a cart. Which is like, give me a break I can't hold all these limes while you pretend to read my receipt.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Do you tip the gas pumper?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

SirPablo posted:

Do you tip the gas pumper?

No, but I avoid full service pumps whenever possible. There are a couple towns in MA which mandate them and frankly it's not my problem when I'm forced to work there.

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long

bizwank posted:

The chicken bake is overrated, sounds like it used to be better? I skip it and pack my pockets with dogs for the ride home.
Yeah chicken bakes suck now. I feel like they used to have twice the meat and filling in them. Now they're mostly baked bread with a hint of chicken.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Pesto and Italian sausages from Costco tossed with some spaghetti is a pretty solid meal that beats a lot of restaurant pastas i've had, also goes really well with most of the fresh pastas that are usually next to the Pesto.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I'm in Oregon, if they're taking too long because they're understaffed I just pump the gas myself. Never gotten any poo poo for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

sexy tiger boobs posted:

I'm in Oregon, if they're taking too long because they're understaffed I just pump the gas myself. Never gotten any poo poo for it.

I am very tempted to probe you for this.

Unless it is one of the rural areas with some level of exemption from the usual ban on self-service or at a commercial refueling station, you are a reprobate. Also, I'm not 100% sure but you could get the attendants in trouble doing this kind of thing.