Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

davecrazy posted:

Point to me on the doll where North Jersey hurt you.

delbarton inflicted a lot of psychological damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

WeaponX posted:

Most of the time players play for a team because they have friends on the team or some other connection. Didn’t he say some guys reached out and vouched for the Columbus org? Maybe it was the better move for his family. Maybe some guys don’t want to play for a team near their hometown and dealing with that stuff. He explicitly said he likes not being as recognized/pestered in public the way he was in Calgary. But no its because he is a big meanie who would rather die than play in NJ because they smell that last part is true

He's friends with Cam Atkinson from BC and grew up with Eric Robinson. I seem to remember something about Dalton Prout, which would be the most useful he ever was to Columbus.

(E- and Erik Gudbranson was the one who tipped the team off that he was interested via Derek Dorsett.)

eXXon posted:

Ohio is awash (in vinyl chloride). Anyway, check out my top 50 US state power rankings:

East Palestine is closer to Pittsburgh than most of Ohio.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 16, 2023

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

The Golden Man posted:

Boo whoever you want for any reason. Throw food on them too

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Kings signed someone named Mikey Anderson to a 8year/33million contract, AAV of $4.125

I hate watching the Kings so I'm not really too familiar but these seem very similar

would have loved to sign Lindgren to that type of deal rather than a 3year/9million extension. hopefully he doesn't realize his value and we can get him somewhere in that range, but probably not likely, which sucks!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
One of the Ducks better prospects did the college thing:

https://twitter.com/ByronMBader/status/1625967799008133120

From Wheeler's thing

quote:

5. Henry Thrun, LHD, 21 (Harvard University)
A co-captain at Harvard this year, Thrun has been one of the Crimson’s most productive defensemen and players these last two seasons.

Offensively, his game is about puck movement and execution. His skill level isn’t dynamic but he’s a talented distributor who can move it quickly or patiently, remaining consistently efficient while semi-regularly surprising you with his creativity or a play through layers. He plays to strong results at both ends as well and I’m a firm believer in his two-way value (which was his hallmark coming up). He has the size (6-foot-2, 195 pounds), smarts and mobility. He reliably defends the rush and man-to-man coverage, closing out effectively, keeping a disruptive stick, and anticipating attacking patterns effectively. I think he tracks and reads the play well (though he can occasionally lose his man in coverage). He’s a kid I was quite high on in his draft year and remain a big fan of for his consistency and his approach. I see No. 4-5 upside.

https://twitter.com/Hockey_Robinson/status/1625973725740032001

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Where's the gdt?
I'm watching my first Blackhawks game in like a year because they're on TNT tonight and they just have up a goal 9 seconds in, lmao
E: nvm, I was tricked by the November title

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 16, 2023

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wait. Boston doesnt have a deep prospect pool?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

How have we managed to go on for three pages about fans being pathetic jilted babies for Gaudreau without mentioning the Islanders?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Call Your Grandma posted:

How have we managed to go on for three pages about fans being pathetic jilted babies for Gaudreau without mentioning the Islanders?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Call Your Grandma posted:

We didn't:

T-Bone posted:

booing absolutely rules, the only regret is that Devils fans are merely B tier in their persecution complex/spite, need to get to Long Island levels

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

He's a star player. There's no doubt. But does he have an IQ above 90?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Every player is a hired gun. Instead of booing a player fans should be pissed at their GM for not making a better offer.

However, if Gaudreau is on the 4th line in Columbus and still getting 7.75m in 5 years, feel free to lol.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Johnny Hockey is still in his 20s he'll be fine 5 years from now.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Spoken like someone who hasn't hit nor accepted 'middle age' yet.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Johnny Hockey is still in his 20s he'll be fine 5 years from now.

Any outcome of his free agency would've ended up in him being fine lol

crashlanding
Dec 11, 2006

Leading the offense for a fraction of the cost

mcmagic posted:

This is wrong. Wood was way better last year than he was any time in his career before. And he was even good in the first 15 games of this season. Agreed that he's been dogshit since then for whatever reason. He probably should be a scratch.

I have to agree, last year was my favorite year of the Miles Wood experience (he played three games after having hip surgery in October).

Catching up now, but the funniest thing was Gaudreau called up Columbus and was like "please make me an offer, don't make me go to NJ/NYI" and they were caught completely off guard. Fitz thought he had it in the bag since his son was teammates with him at BC. JG and his agent just ghosted him. Go ahead and boo, I don't care but Devils twitter is the worst, BrattPack is an idiot.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I was worried about a dead cat bounce after a coaching change, but it turns out Tocchet has made the team even worse. 4+ goals allowed in six straight! Keep it up coach!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ThinkTank posted:

I was worried about a dead cat bounce after a coaching change, but it turns out Tocchet has made the team even worse. 4+ goals allowed in six straight! Keep it up coach!

But they're "playing the right way" now

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

deoju posted:

Every player is a hired gun. Instead of booing a player fans should be pissed at their GM for not making a better offer.

However, if Gaudreau is on the 4th line in Columbus and still getting 7.75m in 5 years, feel free to lol.

Booing rules. People should boo more players IMO.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

ThinkTank posted:

Yeah but he looks so mean when he stands on the bench. A real man’s coach!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

WeaponX posted:

Yeah but he looks so mean when he stands on the bench. A real man’s coach!

Bald. Fraud.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Testosterone causes baldness, that just means he's manlier.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

I am so pleased that this meme has made it across the pond.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
He’s still a dumb piece of garbage but Patrick Kane playing with absolutely no effort to tank his trade value for the Hawks owns

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There were reports of a long term injury nagging him a month or two ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they're forcing him to play hurt to maintain any trade value at all.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

so uh... a providence bruins player nearly got unalived :stare:

https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/status/1626234870220591106

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

ThinkTank posted:

Rangers looked like they didn’t give a poo poo about playing defense and shesterkin didn’t give a poo poo about stopping goals but thankfully Vancouver looked the same way

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

xzzy posted:

There were reports of a long term injury nagging him a month or two ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they're forcing him to play hurt to maintain any trade value at all.

I think trading for a player that's playing 20 a night on a bad hip is a bad idea, and so far, other teams agree.

In before he gets traded for Gurianov and picks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DOOMocrat posted:

I think trading for a player that's playing 20 a night on a bad hip is a bad idea, and so far, other teams agree.

Hopefully it stays that way because gently caress anything good happening to Chicago.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

DOOMocrat posted:

Nill doesn't have the caps space for Kane. Hahah, right?

Right?

Hahah!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

there are like... 3 teams that have cap space for Kane even at 50% retention and absolutely none of them have the need to spend 5 million on a guy that's going to be a 3rd liner at best who is as big a defensive disaster as Tony DeAngelo

E: an injured guy at that

DJExile fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 16, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But they will because cups.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I feel like I saw some rumor that Kane would only waive for NY or Toronto
Which, I'm pretty sure NY is out on him after getting Tarasenko

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Levitate posted:

I feel like I saw some rumor that Kane would only waive for NY or Toronto
Which, I'm pretty sure NY is out on him after getting Tarasenko

Yeah NY doesn't have the space for him. ESPN had an article a few days ago too about him being annoyed that they took Tarasenko too

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

So glad NYR chose Tarasenko over Kane in the injury-plagued RW sniper rental sweepstakes

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Kane's American, why the hell would he only want to go to Toronto

e: ah, born in Buffalo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

Kane's American, why the hell would he only want to go to Toronto

e: ah, born in Buffalo

Yeah, closest team to home that isn't the Sabres.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Plus there's always the tiny chance the Sabres will make a miraculous deep playoff run, whereas if he goes to the Leafs he can confidently book tee times for mid-May

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

i was watching the game last night and wondering: is Tocchet trying to get them to play a soft collapsing zone? I haven’t seen a team hard commit to that since like early Rangers Torts. very weird choice given their roster. i couldn’t tell if that was what they were trying to do fully though since they were kind of undisciplined all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

DOOMocrat posted:

Kupo! fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 16, 2023