Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I'm one CL away from my next collector's pack, curious if I get a title or a card.

Edit: Got Wong.

Ninurta fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Walla posted:

Bro2/3 are extremely strong and consistent. 3 gives you more location control with Rhino and Witch, and allows for Shang Chi. 3 does mean Blue Marvel doesn't get the buff, but neither do Cerebro or Mystique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swPcFyhDMpk
That's what the Bast is for!

(yes I know it's a pool 4 card and not everyone has her).

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RevKrule posted:

Valkyrie too, for extra consistency.

priznat posted:

I keep trying a destruction/death deck now that I got venom but it has an atrocious win rate.

Venom kind of sucks in a destruction deck. He works well as a budget Black Panther for a Zola combo, but he's still not that great.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Heyyy Bro2 deck

Great time to get onslaught’s citadel :haw:

I have beast and quinjet in there for repositioning but I dunno if I need quinjet too..

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Beast
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Blue Marvel
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJTaW5pc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2VyZWJybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCZWFzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCcm9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yRmFudGFzdGljIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJRdWluamV0In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

priznat posted:

Heyyy Bro2 deck

I have beast and quinjet in there for repositioning but I dunno if I need quinjet too..

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Beast
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Blue Marvel
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJTaW5pc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2VyZWJybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCZWFzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCcm9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yRmFudGFzdGljIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJRdWluamV0In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

My favorite deck of the past month or two.

I run Iron Fist and Nightcrawler for mobility along with Beast (over Quin Jet and Iron Man in this case). My favorite T1/2/3 opener is Iron Fist on an unrevealed location, then play Beast on Fist the following turn if the left one is hard to reach (more fisting!) or if Fist's location is gross (ninjas, raptors, 9 power giant dudes).

I replaced Misters Fantastic (too needy) and Sinister with Goose and Daredevil. Goose is great, I think, but Daredevil is probably unnecessary since you almost always slip little dudes under a Prof X and any Rogue/Enchantress deathblows aren't coming until T6 if everything is going as planned.

I have Nick Fury and Hazmat now but I feel like adding them would add too many moving parts to a deck that just lets me exploit locations to steal cubes from objectively better decks.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I put together a C3 deck which isn't very strong, but it's fun. C3 means I can tech in Shang Chi and Leech which has caused a couple of resets.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

priznat posted:

Heyyy Bro2 deck

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Beast
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Blue Marvel
#
#

I feel like Quinjet is overkill in this deck since everything you're running is already smol beans except Blue Marvel and Iron Man. If you want another 1 drop to replace it with, Nightcrawler is incredible in that slot because you can shift him around once if you need more power somewhere else (or room for something like Iron Man later).

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Pictured, someone who thought they were unbeatable with a turn 1 snap.
They were real fast putting poo poo down until T5 came along and I dropped Panther. Yes I was about to beef up the two Panthers to 80 just for effect. Shang Chi isn't a real card. almost no Negative decks don't run Shang Chi so I felt pretty safe just bodying them

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

RevKrule posted:

almost no Negative decks don't run Shang

is this an intentional pun or what

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

RevKrule posted:

Pictured, someone who thought they were unbeatable with a turn 1 snap.
They were real fast putting poo poo down until T5 came along and I dropped Panther. Yes I was about to beef up the two Panthers to 80 just for effect. Shang Chi isn't a real card. almost no Negative decks don't run Shang Chi so I felt pretty safe just bodying them

Turn 1 Snap should mean you’re forced to stay until the end for your hubris.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

is this an intentional pun or what

If I meant it as one, would anyone believe me?

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Cerebro 3 also has Magik, whom I prefer over Witch because well, rerolling a bad location into another bad location will happen. Also gives me time to find Cerebro if he's hiding on the bottom of the deck.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

C3 versus Patriot Ultron. Read that turn 6 like an open book. Sadly I don't have Mystique or Magik or any other fun options but this works well enough. Leech would have worked on 5 instead of Blue Marvel but he got hit by an Iceman in the Falls. Plus I would only have won a single cube.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 17, 2023

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Cerebro 1 just feels like it can't win, but that Dekkster video was inspirational for sure.

Cerebro 2 is my favorite deck of the last month+

Cerebro 3 just feels like a bad, slow, inflexible Cerebro 2

Cerebro 4 is the one I feel should work but never quite comes together (Hulk Buster + Cerebro/Mystique is the DREAM)

Cerebro 5+Spectrum was fun and somehow won more often than not but then they nerfed Surfer and I can't be bothered to figure out what I want to do with it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
cerebro is one of those cards that just really wants more card variety and I'd bet within the year it'll have enough cards for a genuinely viable deck to fall out of it

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Bro 3 is actually in a lot of ways better and more flexible than Bro 2 because you have more location changers (Magik, Witch, Rhino) vs Bro 2 which just has Storm. Plus there's cards like Bast and Valk to zero everything out if you need them and Valk allows you to also carry like Wasp and Yellowjacket for a turn 6 lane lockdown.

Obviously for "ideal" Bro 3, you need multiple Pool 4 cards along with a lot of Pool 3 cards but once you're there, it's a much better system.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

RevKrule posted:

Bro 3 is actually in a lot of ways better and more flexible than Bro 2 because you have more location changers (Magik, Witch, Rhino) vs Bro 2 which just has Storm. Plus there's cards like Bast and Valk to zero everything out if you need them and Valk allows you to also carry like Wasp and Yellowjacket for a turn 6 lane lockdown.

Obviously for "ideal" Bro 3, you need multiple Pool 4 cards along with a lot of Pool 3 cards but once you're there, it's a much better system.

I'll give 3 a shot for funsies (maybe after I get Valk and Bast..), but I maintain that

Nightcrawler - Iron Fist - Beast - Storm has to rival Witch + Rhino for location correction.

And thwarting an opponent's Magik with Storm is so clutch with 2. Can't imagine relying on a 5 cost card that extends my opponent's opportunities for a win condition and feeling good about it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Victor Vermis posted:

My favorite deck of the past month or two.

I run Iron Fist and Nightcrawler for mobility along with Beast (over Quin Jet and Iron Man in this case). My favorite T1/2/3 opener is Iron Fist on an unrevealed location, then play Beast on Fist the following turn if the left one is hard to reach (more fisting!) or if Fist's location is gross (ninjas, raptors, 9 power giant dudes).

I replaced Misters Fantastic (too needy) and Sinister with Goose and Daredevil. Goose is great, I think, but Daredevil is probably unnecessary since you almost always slip little dudes under a Prof X and any Rogue/Enchantress deathblows aren't coming until T6 if everything is going as planned.

I have Nick Fury and Hazmat now but I feel like adding them would add too many moving parts to a deck that just lets me exploit locations to steal cubes from objectively better decks.

RevKrule posted:

I feel like Quinjet is overkill in this deck since everything you're running is already smol beans except Blue Marvel and Iron Man. If you want another 1 drop to replace it with, Nightcrawler is incredible in that slot because you can shift him around once if you need more power somewhere else (or room for something like Iron Man later).

Awesome, thanks for the tips! I had been thinking quinjet reduces cards Beast pulls back, but it is just cards that don't start in your deck :doh: Definitely Nightcrawler, and I like the idea of Iron Fist in there too but I also like Iron Man.. Will try Iron Fist tho because usually when I Iron man I end up winning that lane by a super overkill amount anyway.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RevKrule posted:

Ooh I have Bast somehow I should look into this deck

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

priznat posted:

Awesome, thanks for the tips! I had been thinking quinjet reduces cards Beast pulls back, but it is just cards that don't start in your deck :doh: Definitely Nightcrawler, and I like the idea of Iron Fist in there too but I also like Iron Man.. Will try Iron Fist tho because usually when I Iron man I end up winning that lane by a super overkill amount anyway.

The golden rule of the deck: if you're playing Blue Marvel or Cerebro in any given turn, make it the LAST CARD YOU PLAY THAT TURN in case you topdeck mystique. It's obvious but I still forget the rule every couple of games.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Victor Vermis posted:

I'll give 3 a shot for funsies (maybe after I get Valk and Bast..), but I maintain that

Nightcrawler - Iron Fist - Beast - Storm has to rival Witch + Rhino for location correction.

And thwarting an opponent's Magik with Storm is so clutch with 2. Can't imagine relying on a 5 cost card that extends my opponent's opportunities for a win condition and feeling good about it.

The combo I’ve seen is hitting your own Limbo with Rhino. Most folks hold back on turn six when there’s a seven. It’s pretty funny.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Victor Vermis posted:

The golden rule of the deck: if you're playing Blue Marvel or Cerebro in any given turn, make it the LAST CARD YOU PLAY THAT TURN in case you topdeck mystique. It's obvious but I still forget the rule every couple of games.

A good tip for sure! I have gotten caught by doing stuff like playing a 6 power card I got from the raft as well. Avoiding places like Shuri's lab and even Washington DC with mister sinister. I like how it has a few subtle gotchas but man it really builds some serious power. Even when you mess up and get one card out of power alignment it can still be salvaged sometimes too (usually Beast to the rescue)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

JackDarko posted:

The combo I’ve seen is hitting your own Limbo with Rhino. Most folks hold back on turn six when there’s a seven. It’s pretty funny.

I still want to try the version of the Galactus deck where you play Magik on 5 and destroy Limbo on turn 6 with Galactus.

Sadly, I have neither Magik or Galactus.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Just had a game where collapsed mine meant a free lady death. I was dumbfounded at first until I realized

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I want a battle mode where the 3 locations are known to both players and then they have 1 minute to choose/assemble a deck.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

This Cerebro 2 deck is awesomely reliable, so far in about 25 matches I have a 66% win rate according to the tracker. Need to start snapping more to start raking in the cubes

I usually try to drop cerebro and mystique on T6, with blue marvel t5 if I could have gotten him out.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

priznat posted:

This Cerebro 2 deck is awesomely reliable, so far in about 25 matches I have a 66% win rate according to the tracker. Need to start snapping more to start raking in the cubes

I usually try to drop cerebro and mystique on T6, with blue marvel t5 if I could have gotten him out.

Which one are you working off of? The one posted earlier?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Which one are you working off of? The one posted earlier?

I swapped in nightcrawler and iron fist and took out quinjet and iron man:

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Iron Fist
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Beast
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (5) Blue Marvel
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJTaW5pc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2VyZWJybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCZWFzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCcm9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yRmFudGFzdGljIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uRmlzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmlnaHRjcmF3bGVyIn1dfQ==
#

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

I want a battle mode where the 3 locations are known to both players and then they have 1 minute to choose/assemble a deck.

I was thinking of a battle mode where each person gets to guarantee 1 location and the third is randomed. Could make for a lot of fun nonsense.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

"Duels" fell flat for a lot of Hearthstone folks but Dungeon Run was inspired and I believe some sort of Battle Royale mode with evolving decks/locations and a max time commitment of 10-15 minutes could be spectacular for this game.

If anyone hasn't tried Battle Mode yet I strongly suggest you do so- and not just because I am holding out for more participants in this absurdity: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4023457

They nailed translating the cube system to 1 off matches.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

After looking up some tournaments and watching some battle mode games it kinda confirmed my suspicions after trying with friends: deck matchups get real one sided real fast when you know what your opponent is playing. The format really encourages generalist good cards over combo stuff because of that. I don't know if an interesting meta would develop with the current card pool, but something like a draft mode or being able to bring 3 decks and swap between them each game (or forced to when you win) would be great.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bottom Liner posted:

They've added 6 in the past 30 days. You're just wrong about everything. You didn't answer the other question either time either.

They add one card every seven days. You just happen to have picked a 30-day period that has five release dates in it - tomorrow, there will be only four - and also included the new Battle Pass card, which is separate. This is dishonest and harms your point.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Ok, accounting for that and you don't count season pass cards that's still 4 pool 5 cards a month and you're still down 3 cards if you only buy p5s with your tokens. Sure you get trickle down p3 cards, but so does everyone else. There is no catching up to players that have been earning tokens longer than you without paying (and it's hundreds per P5 card to do so).

In no world do you get 12 cards a month after completing P3.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bottom Liner posted:

Ok, accounting for that and you don't count season pass cards that's still 4 pool 5 cards a month and you're still down 3 cards if you only buy p5s with your tokens. Sure you get trickle down p3 cards, but so does everyone else. There is no catching up to players that have been earning tokens longer than you without paying (and it's hundreds per P5 card to do so).

In no world do you get 12 cards a month after completing P3.

Now this I mostly agree with. But the gap isn't as wide as you think, because the S4/5 cards that people ahead of you got with tokens will generally be cheaper by the time you get them. If I buy a card at S5 and you buy it at S4, or if I buy at S4 and you open it in S3, I have spent 3k tokens that you have not. This equates to shrinking the resource gap between players by roughly 500 CLs for each card the early adopter has bought from a higher series. You haven't earned those tokens, but I haven't kept them either.

I am fairly sure that you are correct and the gap will never quite shrink to zero. But it will become less meaningful.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
The variance on randomly opening S5 cards for people who are S3 complete will be a bigger factor than whether they started a month or two earlier.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Only tangentially related but I watched the original Blade again today and it’s somehow both better and worse than I thought

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Quackles posted:

I still want to try the version of the Galactus deck where you play Magik on 5 and destroy Limbo on turn 6 with Galactus.

Is that real? How is that possible when you need an empty lane for Galactus

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

You turn one of the non-Galactus lanes(the 8 slots you're playing cards before Galactus comes down) into Limbo then kill Limbo with Galactus. It forces the opponent into a weird lovely situation because if they invest enough to win the Galactus lane on 6, the Galactus player may use their control tools / big points and just win the invested lanes on turns 6/7 since you've shown your hand. Basically only the Galactus/Magick player knows which turn the game is ending on.

It's probably not as good as the ramp version but it's a different way to play the deck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It doesn't really make sense because you can just witch it for 2 mana instead. And it doesnt take a lot of investment to win a galactus lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Quackles posted:

I could be (edit: I am ) wrong but I don't think that works. I'm pretty positive that I've been through a similar situation before.

Limbo's On Reveal changes the total turns to 7. Since it's not an Ongoing effect, if Limbo is destroyed or changed to a new location the total turns have already reached 7.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Feb 17, 2023