Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

silvergoose posted:

okay I just spun death and the healing up for the 7 and 4 year olds and they both immediately started nodding along to the opening riff, power metal is the best :3:

wintersun whips it just sucks that jari is a crazy person who cannot make anything in a reasonable timeframe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jari is the strongest argument against government funding of the arts.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

government funding of 20 000 GB of RAM for my orchestra FL Studio plugins

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I'll fund a taxi for Jari to get to a provider for an ADHD diagnosis

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
mrbling recommended Putred to me and i think you should listen to it too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2xD958C0iA

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
New Kamelot!

https://youtu.be/hqRFWCbQ9Lk
With Tommy-era Kamelot I feel like you always know what you’re going to get…but it’s great because I like it :)

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn
It's been out for a little over a month, but the latest Crom album is incredibly loving good. Their other albums took awhile to click with me, but this has been an instant hit since my first listen.

If you're in the mood for epic power/heavy metal, give it a go, I promise you won't regret it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Feast of Burden posted:

It's been out for a little over a month, but the latest Crom album is incredibly loving good.

For a second there I thought you meant this Crom and we were getting more cocaine wars

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SCizF95tDXU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://youtu.be/i8sSw5My1LY

is there a higher quality version of this somewhere

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

New one from Cattle Decapitation

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xm5MnWitgM0

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Always hype for Cattle Decap and this is good

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Album art looking like James and the Giant Peach directed by David Cronenberg.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

50 Genuinely Horrible Albums by Brilliant Artists
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/horrible-albums-by-brilliant-artists-1234672895/

St Anger is rightfully on there :lol: I'm actually shocked Lulu isn't.

Putting Pantera's Metal Magic at #4 is kind of a dick move though. They were like 16 and sold 4 tapes of it in Dallas when they started. A lot of these are artists who were well into their musical career.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

St Anger is famously unloved but I love it, but Lulu I genuinely forget ever happened

If anyone doesn't watch Todd In The Shadows his "Trainwreckords" series goes into a lot of similar albums in depth

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

50 Genuinely Horrible Albums by Brilliant Artists
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/horrible-albums-by-brilliant-artists-1234672895/

St Anger is rightfully on there :lol: I'm actually shocked Lulu isn't.

Putting Pantera's Metal Magic at #4 is kind of a dick move though. They were like 16 and sold 4 tapes of it in Dallas when they started. A lot of these are artists who were well into their musical career.

Somehow I never heard about the Ice-T/Ernie C/Black Sabbath album story and I've got to listen to this now.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
I remember seeing this posted when Lulu came out and it's all I'll ever hear now in regards to that album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN0hAky6rnc

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
I AM THE TABLE

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Southern Cassowary posted:

Somehow I never heard about the Ice-T/Ernie C/Black Sabbath album story and I've got to listen to this now.

Same. I just read the Iommi autobiography and it’s either not in there or I glossed over it. Definitely going to give it a listen tomorrow.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Happy new Hellripper day

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Hulk Krogan posted:

Happy new Hellripper day

hell yeah throwing this on now

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Hulk Krogan posted:

Happy new Hellripper day

beavis voice IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, THE DECEIVEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR

it's good

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Deathlove posted:

beavis voice IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, THE DECEIVEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR

it's good

the last solo on the cursed carrion crown is stellar

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Snowy posted:

For a second there I thought you meant this Crom and we were getting more cocaine wars

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SCizF95tDXU

there is a remaster/repress of this coming later this year from To Live a Lie records

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Hulk Krogan posted:

Happy new Hellripper day

gently caress yeah this rips

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Excited to listen to the two Ulthar albums today. Also their guitarist/vocalist apparently got diagnosed with throat cancer after recording so he might not ever growl again.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

the last solo on the cursed carrion crown is stellar

Yeah the lead playing on this album is loving stellar.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

New poo poo Friday

Both Ulthar albums, various dm subgenres between the two
Hellripper, black speed
Tulus, bm
Enisum, atmoblack
Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, stoner
See You Next Tuesday. grind
Siege of Power. dm
Man Must Die on non-BC, tech melodeath
Graphic Nature, nu-metal
Tithe. sludgy blackened deathgrind
Parasitario, dm
Dismal, symphonic
Depravation, blackened crust
Hexer, doom
The Abbey, doom
DeadSoulAlliance, dm
Sepolcral, dm
Tramalizer, dm
Chasmdweller, dm
Street Tombs, dm
Gravehuffer, thrash
Skinflint on non-BC, trad
Crepuscular, death doom

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Nazzadan posted:

New poo poo Friday

Both Ulthar albums, various dm subgenres between the two

Check this rad rear end artwork.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

It would be fine if it wasn't for Tony Martin's trash singing.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Hellripper slaps.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Dead Goon posted:

Hellripper slaps.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

1 song into Hellripper and holy poo poo this shreds. I've never listened to them before.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
yeah, given the black speed moniker, I'm surprised how much Dissection I'm hearing, mostly in the vocals but sometimes also in the guitar

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Vulture Culture posted:

yeah, given the black speed moniker, I'm surprised how much Dissection I'm hearing, mostly in the vocals but sometimes also in the guitar

This album's got more Dissection-style melodic black metal and NWOBHM influence than the previous two which were like thirty minutes of pedal to the metal blackened speed/thrash. The more straightforward and short tracks on the album - Goat Vomit Nightmare, Hissing Marches, and Poison Womb - are more like his previous stuff.

James McBain has made some palpable improvements as a song writer, arranger, and player on this album and he's bringing in more influences and it rules.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Excited to listen to the two Ulthar albums today. Also their guitarist/vocalist apparently got diagnosed with throat cancer after recording so he might not ever growl again.

Editing to say these were also absolutely fantastic and some of the best death metal I've listened to this year. Great day for releases.

Southern Cassowary fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 17, 2023

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Like 90% of the time I find "black/speed" to be a really boring combination after a couple of songs. Should I listen to Hellripper anyway?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
always listen to hellripper

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Hulk Krogan posted:

Happy new Hellripper day

emptyquote

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Like 90% of the time I find "black/speed" to be a really boring combination after a couple of songs. Should I listen to Hellripper anyway?

You can absolutely listen to the album opener and know if you'll vibe with the rest.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

do you like riffs?

if so, then i would listen to hellriffer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

This one yes