Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Harry_Potato posted:

The FLPD, Packing heat and lifting pallets since 1973.

If all cops are bastards and all forklift operators are gods where does that leave the FLPD, theologically speaking?

Archangels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Ironhead posted:

I've had a bunch of certifications for years and just renewed my fork and lift certs and. . .my cards came in with my last name wrong. It's fairly close (and also a real name) and has my union and local listed so I'm not super concerned but, is this an issue? In my 12 years with this local I don't think I've ever had anyone ask to see my cards, just whether or not I'm certified.

It is the final test, if you report the mistake they will send you the real certification.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Hollismason posted:

You gonna get arrested by the forklift police

Someone must have AI-generated a forklift cop car by now, surely?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

I love how they've got to the effort to roll up all the slack in this rats nest. Wouldn't want to have all that extra cable hanging about all willy-nilly.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Gromit posted:

Someone must have AI-generated a forklift cop car by now, surely?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
gently caress Tha Pooleece

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Everyone's a bastard until the certified forklift police shows up

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

wesleywillis posted:

A REAL forklift operator wouldn't have gotten stuck.

lmao, we had an uncertified guy driving forklifts at our warehouse for like five years until the second time he smashed a large gate with it.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

PurpleXVI posted:

lmao, we had an uncertified guy driving forklifts at our warehouse for like five years until the second time he smashed a large gate with it.

Forklift certification means literally nothing.

You can spend $30 to do a 10 minute online test that makes you forklift certified. There's no governing body, or standards. It's any organization who wants to sell a certificate for passing a test of their own devising.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I smell a goon project.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Kenning posted:

I smell a goon project.

You can only post in this thread if a mod has seen your forklift certification

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

jetz0r posted:

You can spend $30 to do a 10 minute online test that makes you forklift certified. There's no governing body, or standards. It's any organization who wants to sell a certificate for passing a test of their own devising.

I mean, this is in Denmark, where it absolutely means something. It requires in-person training and taking a short exam.

Plus driving a forklift without one can mean a considerable fine if you get caught by the authorities.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
I worked at a local hardware store in high school. My forklift certification was basically "oh, you turned 18, great you can drive the forklift now. Go unload that shipment of quikrete".

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

How did you get a picture of my comm closet?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Gonna teach an ai that this is pubic hair.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Wanted more context on this. It's a sea-wall in Monaco.
https://old.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/113o5j3/monacos_actual_sea_wall/

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

monolithburger posted:

gently caress Tha Pooleece

* reversing beep beep * that's tha sound of the pooleece!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

jetz0r posted:

link plz

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Is F.L.U.D.D OSHA compliant?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

jetz0r posted:

So the same as every white collar cert except it's affordable

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

You don't even have to do that you can just print it. Absolutely no one checks these and as stated there's no Central governing authority.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

CainFortea posted:

You don't even have to do that you can just print it. Absolutely no one checks these and as stated there's no Central governing authority.

Yeah I have a forklift cert and it looks about as official as the certificate you get for clicking through to the end of the "how to sit at a desk" and "lifting heavy boxes" slideshows.

e: I did actually do some figure 8's (in both forward AND reverse oh yeah :cool:) and move some pallets around in a carpark to get it though

Cookie Cutter fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 17, 2023

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Yeah the 2nd link you get when you search for it is the NY State downloadable PDF from the DOT website. Absolutely no accountability.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

CainFortea posted:

I am a man of honor. :colbert:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Of the 3 workers' comp insurance companies i've worked with from the employer's side, not one has even asked if we even have a forklift training regime, let alone some 3rd party certs. That should tell you how meaningless they are.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Well poo poo, I could've been wearing an illicit forklift cert t-shirt this whole time without any consequences?
:negative:

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Qualified

Not qualified

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Well poo poo, I could've been wearing an illicit forklift cert t-shirt this whole time without any consequences?
:negative:

You'd be stopped by OSHA's Fashion Safety division and forced to fill out an incident report.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I'm going to guess (and hope) that keg was empty. If it were full that could have been really rough on his shoulder, goddamn. Can't tell what size keg it was though.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

^ every time i see that gif my shoulder and back reflexively wince in sympathy

https://i.imgur.com/iQdLRue.mp4

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Kith posted:

^ every time i see that gif my shoulder and back reflexively wince in sympathy

https://i.imgur.com/iQdLRue.mp4

Work smarter, not harder

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/MTuCKZs.mp4

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I hope that's a sanitized badminton racket at least

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm going to guess (and hope) that keg was empty. If it were full that could have been really rough on his shoulder, goddamn. Can't tell what size keg it was though.

I think you can tell from the physics of how it falls that it's not heavy, an empty one would fall off easier than a full one. One with just some liquid sloshing around would come down even easier, but why would there be anything left in it if it's a return keg~

(also the driver would probably know which way the pallet is going)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
There's a cow on the roof. There is a cow on that roof!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

I don't normally unmute these videos, but I knew I had to with this one as soon as I hit "play".

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

holtemon posted:

I hope that's a sanitized badminton racket at least

Did you not see her rinse it under the tap? Its clean.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

There's a cow on the roof. There is a cow on that roof!

Who let the cow on roof, roof, roof, roof!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Sentient Data posted:

On top of that, a lot of them meant for indoor use have less ground clearance than a dachshund.

As a former dachshund owner, I love this unit of measurement.