Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

The Sean posted:

I could be wrong but I don't think that works. I'm pretty positive that I've been through a similar situation before.

Limbo's On Reveal changes the total turns to 7. Since it's not an Ongoing effect, if Limbo is destroyed or changed to a new location the total turns have already reached 7.

You can absolutely cancel t7 with a scarlet witch or reality stone on limbo t6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The Sean posted:

I could be wrong but I don't think that works. I'm pretty positive that I've been through a similar situation before.

Limbo's On Reveal changes the total turns to 7. Since it's not an Ongoing effect, if Limbo is destroyed or changed to a new location the total turns have already reached 7.

This is wrong. Turn 7 only exists as long as the location exists. If you change the location (or get rid of it entirely), the game ends at 6. It's a legit tactic used in a lot of decks. I've used it myself multiple times to shut down a game early.

Also an interesting interaction is if Doc Ock pulls your Magik up on turn 6, you get a turn 7.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

buffalo all day posted:

RevKrule posted:

This is wrong. Turn 7 only exists as long as the location exists. If you change the location (or get rid of it entirely), the game ends at 6. It's a legit tactic used in a lot of decks. I've used it myself multiple times to shut down a game early.

Also an interesting interaction is if Doc Ock pulls your Magik up on turn 6, you get a turn 7.

I stand corrected.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

RevKrule posted:

Same thing can happen with Lockjaw/Quantum Tunnel too, and I assume also Morph.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
In other news, I swapped out Green Goblin for White Tiger in my "gently caress your board state" deck and while it feels a little less on-theme it also wins way, way more consistently:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Same thing can happen with Lockjaw/Quantum Tunnel too, and I assume also Morph.

But NOT if Magick is on Dark Dimension that gets reveled on T6, nor do I think it works if she's hidden behind Invisible Woman. She turns that location into Limbo, but there will be no T7.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The Sean posted:

I stand corrected.

Storming Limbo was one of my favorite ways to snag 8 cubes from any Magik deck when I was playing a lot of Sera Surfer. Also fell prey to it myself a few times when playing Magik in my Negative deck.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

priznat posted:

I swapped in nightcrawler and iron fist and took out quinjet and iron man:

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Iron Fist
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Beast
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (5) Blue Marvel
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJTaW5pc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2VyZWJybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCZWFzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCcm9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yRmFudGFzdGljIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uRmlzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmlnaHRjcmF3bGVyIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.
This finally let me hit 50 this season so :cheers:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Artgerm is a psyop. Spend all your gold on chibis.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Man, every time I go on a slide I get way more cautious about retreating/snapping than I probably should. Even when I get my dream combo, I have a hard time mentally justifying staying in if I'm snapped on on like 3 because I feel like they know I have what I need and they have the exact combo to beat me.

Having a hard time getting anywhere in the 60s the past two days, just a lot of bad beats and I really was getting sick of the featured location even if I do really like it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I cant decide if this is a bot or the worst RNG of all time.

Put Morbius and Mystique in the "not revealed until end of game" location. Opp last plays scarlet witch who turned that into the Isle of Silence......

Has to be a bot, im not sure why you dont emote there if im the opponent. Not even to be an rear end in a top hat just on some "I got lucky lol" poo poo

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The Sean posted:

I stand corrected.

What you're probably thinking of is if Scarlet Witch turns something into TVA after turn 4. The game doesn't end early, because turn 4 has already come and gone.

Semi-related interaction that might not be immediately obvious: If Limbo and The Vault are both in play, you can play cards to The Vault again on turn 7.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
( I didnt know you could go back and claim rewards for ranks youve already beaten from last season)

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Cattail Prophet posted:

What you're probably thinking of is if Scarlet Witch turns something into TVA after turn 4. The game doesn't end early, because turn 4 has already come and gone.

Yeah, that is most likely* what turn-fuckery situation I was thinking about.

*likely because I was wrong about the other thing but had some kind of memory

The Sean fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 17, 2023

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

One of my (least) favorite parts of this game is thinking you understand how a location or card works and thinking you found a fun loophole to exploit and then it turns out, no, you're wrong, that's not how this works.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
elektra never hits the squirrel, always the sunspot

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Unless I'm the one playing the Elektra, in which case the squirrel always sacrifices itself to save him

Kind of like Hela, leading up to getting her I was like "this poo poo is so powerful and must be fun to play" until I got it and then "this poo poo never works."

When I used to play Netrunner a lot on an unofficial client (it was a physical game, people programmed it themselves online for casual games) there was this guy who would spectate (with permission) and then upload the videos to youtube. It was interesting being able to see what I was doing and thought they were doing versus what options they had and choices they made in reality.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 17, 2023

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
LOL had no idea Kingpin kills cards on his side too

Juggz is OP

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

the_american_dream posted:

( I didnt know you could go back and claim rewards for ranks youve already beaten from last season)

Yeah I believe you have to play 10 games in the season or something like that first, then you can claim them.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

buffalo all day posted:

Can confirm, I accidentally did it with Storm earlier today.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I really hate that it doesnt seem to be a way to "adapt" to what youre running into a lot. My only card game experience is Gwent so im not sure if its typical but seeing a lot of Leech or whatever on ladder and not being able to just switch to a deck to counter those cards or at least play around them is kind of irritating since you seem to get a whole new set of opponents when you switch

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 17, 2023

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

not being able to just switch to a deck to counter those cards

:dafuq:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

I really hate that it doesnt seem to be a way to "adapt" to what youre running into a lot. My only card game experience is Gwent so im not sure if its typical but seeing a lot of Leech or whatever on ladder and not being able to just switch to a deck to counter those cards or at least play around them is kind of irritating
Maybe I'm misunderstanding - why can't you switch decks? Is it a card ownership issue? (yes I would love to own shuri sauron to counter leech)

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

like the one good thing about the pool/collection system is that guarantees everyone has all (most, anyway) of the good "counter" cards by pool 3 - enchantress, shang, cosmo, infinaut (for leech), armor...you just need aero, really.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i dunno if this is useful info or not but if youre playing on mobile (android at least) and you switch tabs before a turn ends and do something else or whatever the game will wait for you if its a bot but will continue as normal if its a person on the other side

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sorry I got distracted when I was editing. I guess its anecdotal so Ill withdraw my complaint but I seem to run into different set of opponents completely when I switch decks. So my "counter" does nothing since I dont see Leech or whoever anymore

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i dunno if this is useful info or not but if youre playing on mobile (android at least) and you switch tabs before a turn ends and do something else or whatever the game will wait for you if its a bot but will continue as normal if its a person on the other side

Wait for you as in the Rope wont start?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Wait for you as in the Rope wont start?

yeah

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RevKrule posted:

Pictured, someone who thought they were unbeatable with a turn 1 snap.
They were real fast putting poo poo down until T5 came along and I dropped Panther. Yes I was about to beef up the two Panthers to 80 just for effect. Shang Chi isn't a real card. almost no Negative decks don't run Shang Chi so I felt pretty safe just bodying them

Thanks for this reminder. I put Shang in my Negative deck and have won 16 cubes after they snap on 5 without priority.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

My last 6 new cards are: Mojo, Juggernaut, Hell Cow, Rogue, Bast, and Deadpool. gently caress off game. Give me anything that allows me to play anything. Please. I know these are all good to great tech cards but tech cards without decks to fit them into loving suck!!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Put Juggernaut into a control deck with Storm. Easy slot in. I would enjoy Juggernaut but he's not worth 1,000 tokens. I'm holding out for Mystique, Absorbing Man or She Hulk.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Walla posted:

Put Juggernaut into a control deck with Storm. Easy slot in. I would enjoy Juggernaut but he's not worth 1,000 tokens. I'm holding out for Mystique, Absorbing Man or She Hulk.

Respectfully I don’t think one little package is “a new deck.” All I can play is Control Sera, MODiscard without Dracula, and a severely kneecapped Surfer or Cerebro

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Deadpool fits into most destroy decks pretty easily. It’s fun to watch him get to 32/64 power and hope the opponent doesn’t retreat

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sandwolf posted:

Respectfully I don’t think one little package is “a new deck.” All I can play is Control Sera, MODiscard without Dracula, and a severely kneecapped Surfer or Cerebro

That's basically where I'm at. I only can do Negative Surfer because Negative was the first card I bought with tokens, and he's only useful now because of Psylocke (who I just unlocked) and nerfed Zabu.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bobjr posted:

Deadpool fits into most destroy decks pretty easily. It’s fun to watch him get to 32/64 power and hope the opponent doesn’t retreat

I have precisely three destroy engines. Carnage, Deathlok, and technically Killmonger. I cannot make him a 32.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Sandwolf posted:

Not sure if you’ve seen, but this guy suggests a deck for every card that could maybe help

https://marvelsnapzone.com/pool-3-decks/

I typically reference this when I get a new card to have an idea of what to play.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Sandwolf posted:

I have precisely three destroy engines. Carnage, Deathlok, and technically Killmonger. I cannot make him a 32.

Not including any location shenanigans or enemy Killmongers/Electras, Nova + Forge does a lot of work if you're focusing Deadpool.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Not sure if you’ve seen, but this guy suggests a deck for every card that could maybe help

https://marvelsnapzone.com/pool-3-decks/

I typically reference this when I get a new card to have an idea of what to play.

Yeah I don’t do those cuz I do have a good 25 cards from P3, but I have done the deck searching feature looking for decks with that new card specifically. But that actually spawned this complaint, because for the last few cards it’s like “Here’s a big Shuri SheHulk deck with storm/jugg teched in” oh! Very cool!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Sandwolf posted:

If you power him up with Hulkbuster then he'll double that when killed. I've been able to get him to 20 that way without any kill locations it's usually enough to cause a retreat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hobo Clown posted:

If you power him up with Hulkbuster then he'll double that when killed. I've been able to get him to 20 that way without any kill locations it's usually enough to cause a retreat.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Not including any location shenanigans or enemy Killmongers/Electras, Nova + Forge does a lot of work if you're focusing Deadpool.

ALRIGHT if I come here to complain the least I can do is take some advice given to me, I'll give this a shot. Just bought the sick nasty Deathlok variant last night anyways...