Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

DrPossum posted:

which panel is the first panel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
lol

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

I expected better from our translators, tbh, clearly the original japanese said "Nation leading in self-defence - Japan!"

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

"We're only 3 more away!"

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Do TV remotes in Japan beep when you press them?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yes for the same reason the cameras make the shutter noises. Too many people changing the TV channel on the subway

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Regallion posted:

I expected better from our translators, tbh, clearly the original japanese said "Nation leading in self-defence - Japan!"

No, self defence is murder. Suicide is self self defence.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

This tread rules so much. I'm translating, caught up in the drama of my own timeline, and suddenly Brother Make comes out and posts something and I'm like, "Oh. poo poo. What's going on over here?" :monocle:

I love it.

Boring Translation Stuff:

What I've translated as "Found it..." in English is actually 「これって…」in Japanese. More like "Here it is" or "[Click/look] here". Doesn't really make much of a difference. Makes me lol a lot harder though. lol

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

neet2 is appalled that the link isn't https

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
drat what is it with things happening

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

This tread rules so much. I'm translating, caught up in the drama of my own timeline, and suddenly Brother Make comes out and posts something and I'm like, "Oh. poo poo. What's going on over here?" :monocle:

I love it.

Boring Translation Stuff:

What I've translated as "Found it..." in English is actually 「これって…」in Japanese. More like "Here it is" or "[Click/look] here". Doesn't really make much of a difference. Makes me lol a lot harder though. lol

I'm so confused what his endgoal with the fire was.

Why is he acting surprised that fire did what fire does?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm starting to suspect this guy confessing to killing his brother on 2chan may not really be thinking too hard about his actions.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Man, this author sure hates NEETs for supposedly being one, in a way that feels beyond self loathing.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Helios Grime posted:

It's probably more the "spread to adjacent buildings and killed other people than just his little brother" part.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Helios Grime posted:

it was just a heated gamer moment

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

neet2 is appalled that the link isn't https

:eyepop:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
he expected it to be put out before it got bad instead of full kill you're famil

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

dsf posted:

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

hydroceramics posted:

Man, this author sure hates NEETs for supposedly being one, in a way that feels beyond self loathing.

I don’t get that feeling at all

Tohru has proven capable of introspection and self-improvement in multiple timelines

Also huge mistakes and navel-gazing

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Should be an animated gif imo

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

hydroceramics posted:

I recall one of the translators mentioning that the author is a part-timer (hence the TV NEET vs. part-timer debate happening earlier in one of the timelines). I second him not really hating NEETs, though.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

yeah, I never felt like it was being mean to neets in general?

the closest thing I've gotten to a hateful vibe out of this is the way tohru treats princess/how much it dumps on her for being a fat fat fatty

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Current part timer neet isn't technically a neet though. Just looking at all of the branches where somebody goes full goblin mode they're killers and slimeballs. I mean its entertaining as heck in all cases, some of it felt especially pointed to me.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

I dunno, I think burning down 5 buildings and killing 3 people is an appropriate response to not being able to play a video game all day every day.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

someone awful. posted:

the closest thing I've gotten to a hateful vibe out of this is the way tohru treats princess/how much it dumps on her for being a fat fat fatty

And even then the comic has shown she has some awareness of it. But I have a feeling she'll probably end up happy whereas NEET might never.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

dsf posted:

:discourse:

Elukka posted:

drat what is it with things happening
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll cut to someone trying to decide what to have for lunch soon enough.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

someone awful. posted:

If I'm reading the date right, these comics are from back in 2011 so its not even that bad for its time. We all used to be terrible, but we're getting better.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Helios Grime posted:

Psycho Gamer NEET is a sociopath with little, and decreasing, impulse control. He went berzerk over the threat of having his beloved internet/online game cut off, and lost control, being driven by pure hatred/revenge motive.

Helios Grime posted:

I don't think Psycho Gamer NEET is very surprised at the news of the fire spreading, rather he's shocked and horrified because he gloated in online text chat about starting the fire, and even gave out his full home address! i.e. He's fully hosed now, and knows it.

He'll be in gay baby jail quite soon, unless he does :neet: before being arrested.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 18, 2023

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Maybe Psycho NEET will turn out to be one of the other dudes from the gay baby jail timeline and we're just seeing his backstory :thunk:

And then we find out that all of OG NEET's timelines are actually in the same timeline :psyduck:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
He's gonna read the news report and the 3 dead listed don't include his brother. He suddenly gets a message that just says "RUN." The hunt is on.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

someone awful. posted:

It's understandable, since Tohru is pretty shallow/immature and Princess is quite physically gross.

To be fair, Tohru hasn't mentioned, I mean thought/obsessed about, her disgusting faceful of pimples. I bet that one weird guy who dated her will end up popping them for her, though we might not see that in the actual comic because The Daily Life Of A Certain Neet creator is a gent, hence he wouldn't want to offend his audience that much. Snot carpets is the limit.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What if without NEET becoming a gamer and being in his group, Other NEET wouldn't have reached this point in his gaming career?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Actually when you think about it this is all Sara's fault

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
I guess the detail of the razor getting stuck in the little brother is gonna be relevant to the police investigation?

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Wonder if one of the presumed bodies currently is psycho neet. Their builds are distinct enough i assume they didn't get confused.... on the other hand, who would you assume was in the house normally, absurdly badly socialized gamer psycho, or his apparently totally normal and well adjusted brother with a lot going on in his life?

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

jemand posted:

Wonder if one of the presumed bodies currently is psycho neet. Their builds are distinct enough i assume they didn't get confused.... on the other hand, who would you assume was in the house normally, absurdly badly socialized gamer psycho, or his apparently totally normal and well adjusted brother with a lot going on in his life?

Psycho neet is in an internet cafe gloating/panicking.

Also, those places are a great way to sleep if you're visiting Japan and on a tight budget.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

jemand posted:

You're wondering if the guy who is posting about starting the fire and just now read about the results of that fire is also one of the people killed by it?

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Just caught up.

Why would Tohru do this??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

kiminewt posted:

Just caught up.

Why would Tohru do this??

:neet: