Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

manero posted:

Nancy 1943

2/17

Sluggo is based

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Selachian posted:

Well-Rested Scarlet O'Neil 11/18-20/40

There you go, Scarlet finally has time to take a nap!

"I'm sure all those hostages locked in an abandoned truck in the middle of nowhere will be okay. Ah well, time for a nap, and then I'll figure out a way to rig a football game."

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (February 21, 1976)

Miss Peach (August 5, 1989)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire: The Gas Leak Year

Thimble Theater (September 20, 1939)

Out Our Way tries to game the system. (February 10-12, 1941)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Little deja vu going on here.

riderchop posted:

Compu-toon

I was wondering what was on that screen so I'm glad Boyce labeled it 'A Resume Template.'

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Awwww.

Andertoons

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

Had a hunch, did some googling. Both monsteras and snake plants can self-pollinate.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

maltesh posted:

Had a hunch, did some googling. Both monsteras and snake plants can self-pollinate.

Don't you put that idea to Holbrook.

Just don't.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I can't wait for Mary Worth to turn the "Wilbur is such a bad partner that he has given this poor woman literal trauma" storyline into "she can't stop thinking about him, it was meant to be." It's like "any attention is good attention" for relationships.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Don't you put that idea to Holbrook.

Just don't.

He would never consider asexual reproduction. Even the dodos have kids as a couple, and they're cyborg alien plant-mutants who reproduce by budding or something.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 18, 2023

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

If plant people just accidentally spread their pollen everywhere and breed uncontrollably I hope they also checked what variety their kid is.

Luann

Team Evans hate Tiff so loving much. Every once in a while they notice they accidentally wrote her more human than their "good" characters, so they do poo poo like this

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Didn't notice the thought bubble at first, and thought he was there again at her living room window.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
"Mind my space and don't do naked yoga in a shared room" are 100% reasonable. :v:

But must hate Tiff, apparently.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Murdstone posted:

Little deja vu going on here.

Whoops! Here's the one I missed:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This Creeps arc is still teaching me about where my line on what too dark is.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

my partner made this

and then when I asked if I could post it in the thread, she went "hold on, I can do better"

and made this

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Genius

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
WILBOS: Yes... ha ha, yes!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
good lord put that in the OP

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

riderchop posted:

my partner made this

and then when I asked if I could post it in the thread, she went "hold on, I can do better"

and made this

If you're not married, put a ring on it

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
I can't believe Brenda Starr is going shatter her heelsankles.

gently caress you.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I'd forgotten this one, this is great.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

good lord put that in the OP

Agreed. Art like that belongs in a museum.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 3/6-8/50

I suspect this one is a shot at Westbrook Pegler, who was getting increasingly unhinged around this time.

Archie 7/25-27/46

Incidentally, I was at one of the local used book stores and spotted a very nice copy of The Ballad of Footrot Flats,, a large volume with impressive color art. Sadly, I couldn't see my way to parting with the 40 bucks they wanted for it.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Selachian posted:

I suspect this one is a shot at Westbrook Pegler, who was getting increasingly unhinged around this time.

quote:

In the 1950s and 1960s, as Pegler's conservative views became more extreme and his writing increasingly shrill, he earned the tag of "the stuck whistle of journalism."[14] He denounced the civil rights movement and in the early 1960s wrote for the John Birch Society, until he was invited to leave because of his extreme views.[15]

Imagine being too conservative for the John Birch Society.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin

Hippocrass posted:

Imagine being too conservative for the John Birch Society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWCYSVZhPoU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ballard Street

This first one I nicked from Jerry van Amerongen's Facebook. He posted it on the 10th but I just saw it, and I thought it was too good to leave it there.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Feb 18, 1954)

II think we may be entering the "Linus is a super-genius with psychic powers(?)" arc.

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 23-24, 1993)

Big Nate

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 23-24, 1993)

This is a great one.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Cthulhu and Girl

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Caphi posted:

I can't wait for Mary Worth to turn the "Wilbur is such a bad partner that he has given this poor woman literal trauma" storyline into "she can't stop thinking about him, it was meant to be." It's like "any attention is good attention" for relationships.
I really, really hope this is not where MW is heading with this Wilbur story, but it probably is.

riderchop posted:

my partner made this

and made this
:lol:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House, in which the parlor boys make a decision they're probably going to regret. (July 23-25, 1923)

Toonerville Folks (September 23-25, 1920)

Dok's Dippy Peace Dove (August 4, 1914)

As much as I like that teacher with the piercing gaze to flag missing Little Lefty strips, this new plot has given us another character with haunted eyes.

Which is good, because it looks like we're setting up a Marxism-compatible unionization storyline. (January 25-26, 1938)

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

BigglesSWE posted:

Pile o' Ballard Street

The best part of getting these big chunks of Ballard Street is deciding which one in the group has a universal caption. There is always one caption that works for every strip in a bunch. I'm pretty sure this time its "Neal could tell right away he was out of place.", although "The ever-shifting moods of Edwin Stabur" is a strong contender, too.

Normally, I would say having a single panel strip with this characteristic would be damning, but between how expressive and fun the art is, and how snappy the captions are, Ballard Street doesn't suffer or feel off when I look at it this way.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: Willy the Djinn

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

gently caress and All.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

:derp: MAJOR PLOT DEVELOPMENT :derp: It was only a couple months ago I think we were talking about what happened to Arthur.