Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wouldn't it be better to steam them then do a quick sear? Reverse? :3:

My coworker showed me a box of Montreal smoked meat Costco sells for like $18 CAD I think - swears by it, time to try it out this week.

They have a nice outdoor storage box for $199 I am thinking of getting - also maybe a shed this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
With Bang going bankrupt, what kind of energy drinks does Church carry now? Is it just Monster?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Vintersorg posted:

Wouldn't it be better to steam them then do a quick sear? Reverse? :3:

yeah that's the directions on the bag. Put oil in pan, place potstickers in flat side down. Crank heat, add water and cover. Simmer for ~8 minutes, take the cover off, let the water boil off, and let it sear until done.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Psion posted:

It's true I'm being a little mean but Costco is ruthless about sales per square foot of floorspace, so it's also real in a way. The chances it'll stay stocked are not 100%.

:respek: I know, I just really like the grapefruit hard seltzer. It tastes way less sugary than other brands.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

iroc.dis posted:

With Bang going bankrupt, what kind of energy drinks does Church carry now? Is it just Monster?

They have Monster, Red Bull, Celcius and a couple other brands last I checked.

I'm a Celcius man myself.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

The Normandy blend vegetables, the big rear end bag of garlic, the olive oil, and your frozen protein of choice. Easy

I've run into some quality issues with Normandy blend vegetables, so be careful. I've bitten into bits of rocks or gravel before.

iroc.dis posted:

This is the first time I've heard of the bankruptcy and I'm not super surprised. The first time I drank a bang, it was the cotton candy flavor, it tasted like dogshit and by the time I was half way through the can I seriously thought I was having a heart attack. I'm no stranger to caffeine, but that was the first time I've felt like it was too much caffeine.

If you can find the monster sugar free orange, it's still my favorite energy drink. Sometimes Costco carries it, but I think they've mostly cut it in lieu of the main flavors or the specialty packs.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

ShowTime posted:

This is the first time I've heard of the bankruptcy and I'm not super surprised. The first time I drank a bang, it was the cotton candy flavor, it tasted like dogshit and by the time I was half way through the can I seriously thought I was having a heart attack. I'm no stranger to caffeine, but that was the first time I've felt like it was too much caffeine.

If you can find the monster sugar free orange, it's still my favorite energy drink. Sometimes Costco carries it, but I think they've mostly cut it in lieu of the main flavors or the specialty packs.

I drank my last Bang from the variety case today and yea they don't taste great. But then I'd say that about most energy drinks.

I've heard good things about Ghost but I doubt that Co will start carrying them anytime soon.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Isn't the bang guy a serious piece of poo poo? Or maybe that's most energy drink people. I don't know.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

We regret to inform you that your favorite energy drink's CEO is racist.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Gideon_S posted:

the huge tilamook blocks of cheese just whack a chunk off the end and eat it, it's not hard

Oh for the days when Costco had the good Tillamook for cheap, before the Cabot crap :qq:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The Bang CEO is really really weird, but the company is going bankrupt because Monster pulled some legal maneuvers on them. Bang falsely advertised made-up ingredients like "super creatine" that Monster sued them over. And a previous lawsuit against Bang had been settled with a stipulation that it could only be sold as a fitness supplement (or something like that), so Monster got them on that too. So now something like 5% of Bang's sales have to be paid to Monster, and it's probably impossible for the company to continue when all of its sales make a profit for its biggest rival. Also their distributing deal with Pepsi fell through after they backstabbed all of their previous distributors. Lol

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Also it tastes like pee

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
learning all kinds of things about energy drinks today

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/CatalogSearch?keyword=Monster

If you really want a specific flavor here's the place. it is an entire aisle, all to itself. All Monster Aisle.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

ShowTime posted:

Also it tastes like pee

We regret to inform you that cotton candy pee means diabetes

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Psion posted:

learning all kinds of things about energy drinks today

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/CatalogSearch?keyword=Monster

If you really want a specific flavor here's the place. it is an entire aisle, all to itself. All Monster Aisle.

Honestly, the best place I've found to buy 24 pks of Monster is from Amazon. They've got pretty much every flavor at ~$36 with free shipping regardless of being a prime member or not.
https://www.amazon.com/stores/MonsterEnergy/page/0CFE59A7-335D-4825-8959-9ACB967BA671

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

FCKGW posted:

They have Monster, Red Bull, Celcius and a couple other brands last I checked.

I'm a Celcius man myself.

Wish they just sold th berry, grape, and apple flavors in a pack. Not a fan of their citrus flavors.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Isn't the bang guy a serious piece of poo poo? Or maybe that's most energy drink people. I don't know.

You could be thinking of rock star which is owned by the son of (??former???) right wing radio star Michael Savage. But I would wager any energy drink CRO or indeed, any ceo besides tim crapple, is a piece of work.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The Bang CEO is really really weird, but the company is going bankrupt because Monster pulled some legal maneuvers on them. Bang falsely advertised made-up ingredients like "super creatine" that Monster sued them over. And a previous lawsuit against Bang had been settled with a stipulation that it could only be sold as a fitness supplement (or something like that), so Monster got them on that too. So now something like 5% of Bang's sales have to be paid to Monster, and it's probably impossible for the company to continue when all of its sales make a profit for its biggest rival. Also their distributing deal with Pepsi fell through after they backstabbed all of their previous distributors. Lol

Why wouldn't the consumer get this money? oh wait LOL corporations are people

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

AKZ posted:

these kinds of comments are just negative and unnecessary but the mango is unpleasant

I'll be more specific. All of the Kirkland seltzers were bad. I don't like them. I like others. Not these. They taste wrong.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Made a run, pretty quiet late Saturday afternoon. Fit bars on sale and tasty. They even had eggs! But no giant bag of french fries.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
The best energy drink is black coffee or shots of espresso from a good espresso machine. :colbert:

If I have to drink a can of caffeine I'm partial to the monster ultra fiesta mango low carb one

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Resdfru posted:

ultra fiesta mango low carb

This sounds like a euphemism.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Gosh Kirkland brand seltzer is junk. Huge harsh bubbles the size of pebbles.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Resdfru posted:

the monster ultra fiesta mango low carb one

My teeth hurt AND I smell toast

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Soul Dentist posted:

My teeth hurt AND I smell toast

Its sugar free why are your teeth hurting

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Resdfru posted:

The best energy drink is black coffee or shots of espresso from a good espresso machine. :colbert:

If I have to drink a can of caffeine I'm partial to the monster ultra fiesta mango low carb one

i once drank an entire coffee cup of espresso from my italian stovetop machine

that loving worked a ton -- also never again lol

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

What the hell am I supposed to do with all this sauerkraut?? I made a whole German meal oriented around it, and the jar is still basically full.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Beer brats.

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The acidity would probably break up anything fatty.
I'm going to have some J Lhor hilltop cab and a Detroit moto whater pizza tonight.
Acidity and fat.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Use alchemy to turn it into kimchi

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I can't keep eating brats all month. I'll die.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If you add Tabasco to sauerkraut it is technically official kimchi.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Jennifer Lohrpez

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I can't keep eating brats all month. I'll die.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

If you add Tabasco to sauerkraut it is technically official kimchi.

:hai: this is known as Wisconsin kimchi

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Sauerkraut can be used in a tuna salad and I even like it as a side, but basically right on, a salad. You'd be surprised what it goes well with. It's not just great with sausage and pork.

I buy one of those wildbrine sauerkrauts almost every time they get a fresh batch at Costco. To me it's like the Jongga kimchi, except they actually sell it regularly here and I like being able to add my own spice on top of it. I eat a lot of hot sauce and other spicy foods, but I weirdly like my spice on top of a food, even if its hot as poo poo, opposed to all over.

But seriously, try that sauerkraut in a tuna salad instead of relish or whatever you do. It's loving good.

Edit: well poo poo, while writing that I guess posts were made and I now know what I do is known as "Wisconsin Kimchi", so i'm never doing it again.

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
You know what else goes with a good cab? Some Manchigo cheese and Spanish olives. I like Greek but could never do Kalamata.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm just going to put it on and in everything

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
Went to the 'sco today and bought liquid meds for the kids: allergy, Tylenol, Motrin. Those buys alone pay for the membership. Also picked up a tissy-cxn and some lunch. Still having glizzy burps, soda (with refill) piss, and pizza sharts. PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth posted:

:hai: this is known as Wisconsin kimchi

Woah man. Too spicy. We add a little black pepper to get a little wild. ;)