Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

stab posted:

I personally am worried that ROR is surrounded by Tim Horton's

Drunken O’Drivey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I like how aggressive these trades are so early on.
Need more of this

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I like how aggressive these trades are so early on.
Need more of this

(monkey's paw curls)

Penguins acquire Patrick Kane and unload Kasperi Kapanen for a 1st 2nd and 4th, also sending a 1st and 3rd to the Coyotes for cap laundering

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Sammy Blais now has two goals since returning to the Blues

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I think Kane not getting traded would be funnier than him getting traded. So I'm rooting for that scenario. Or for Pittsburgh to overpay for him.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mike_V posted:

Sammy Blais now has two goals since returning to the Blues

And those goals are

1) play hockey
2) hit on sister

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Mind_Taker posted:

I think Kane not getting traded would be funnier than him getting traded. So I'm rooting for that scenario. Or for Pittsburgh to overpay for him.

my pre season "where will kane go" prediction was pittsburgh so im rooting for that, but at this point i dont see why any team would be dumb enough to give up more than like a 3rd. hes clearly playing through a severely limiting injury

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

clean ayers act posted:

my pre season "where will kane go" prediction was pittsburgh so im rooting for that, but at this point i dont see why any team would be dumb enough to give up more than like a 3rd. hes clearly playing through a severely limiting injury

He also very clearly doesnt give a single gently caress while playing which is going to make even the less competitive teams think twice about getting in on a deal.

Whatever options leave the Hawks and Kane himself in worse positions overall are what Im rooting for.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Does Kane even have anything left? His complete lack of defence is a lot less appealing when he's only putting up 60pts in this era. I wouldn't move anything significant for him as you're entirely banking on him suddenly finding his game again if he has a hope of making the playoffs.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

But you have to consider the immeasurable value of his veteran leadership

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

Does Kane even have anything left? His complete lack of defence is a lot less appealing when he's only putting up 60pts in this era. I wouldn't move anything significant for him as you're entirely banking on him suddenly finding his game again if he has a hope of making the playoffs.

Do any NHL cities have a cab driver problem they need solved?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

Hey now the Penguins have been trading all their picks for rentals for years and things are just honky dory around here for the Pens!

Ron Hainsey rental literally helped them win a cup lol.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ron Hainsey was godawful with the Pens and literally any AHL defenseman would have been at least as good

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Me and Ginette went to that game 5 where Hainsey did the Bobby Orr impression

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric the Mauve posted:

Ron Hainsey was godawful with the Pens and literally any AHL defenseman would have been at least as good

Imagine being so wrong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm_iUrfUYUs

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Hainsey owns, played 17 seasons before he made the playoffs and immediately won the cup. Should have retired afterwards though

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/jonassiegel/status/1627091821951344643?s=20

O'Reilly on the second line with Tavares moved to the wing, and Acciari on to the fourth line. Kerfoot on the fourth line is *tugs collar*

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

https://twitter.com/jonassiegel/status/1627091821951344643?s=20

O'Reilly on the second line with Tavares moved to the wing, and Acciari on to the fourth line. Kerfoot on the fourth line is *tugs collar*

lol wtf is this big brained bullshit.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

rex rabidorum vires posted:

It doesn't look like a line setup you expect to last, does it?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

keefe is explicitly saying they're trying stuff out while they've got time and that both ror and acciari will also be playing at wing while they figure out a good fit

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Tavares on the wing makes a lot of sense tbh, his offensive game now is working the boards which is tougher when he has to stay high as a C, and he also loving sucks in his own zone which is more acceptable as a winger.

I imagine that Keefe is gonna try out a bunch of different looks but if ROR is gonna play like it’s 2019 or whatever the Leafs expect it’s a waste for him to play 3rd line minutes.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Arivia posted:

keefe is explicitly saying they're trying stuff out while they've got time and that both ror and acciari will also be playing at wing while they figure out a good fit

Both of these are also Big Brained bullshit. Pep Guardiola is taking notes on how big brained these coaching decisions are.

Anyways Pens suck poo poo. Same players. Same issues. Same disaster. I now know for a fact Ron Hextall is making decisions because there is no way on this earth Burke would have let this bullshit continue for 2/3rds of the season. Now what he did to address it is a different issue all together. The bottom 6 barely play 20 minutes a night and get scored on when they do either way. Brian Dumoulin is among some of the worst PK'ing defensemen this year and that's before you get to his 5v5 play.

Hextall traded away 31 and 25 points for Petry's 17 and Rutta's 8. Fortunately PoJ has been ok and put up 17 BUT like Sullivan doesn't really play him a ton outside of easy match ups and I see why. Letang looks a ghost of the player last year. God this team sucks and will play itself out of a playoff spot without massive changes.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Both of these are also Big Brained bullshit. Pep Guardiola is taking notes on how big brained these coaching decisions are.

if acciari and ror can't line up at wing or center what position do you expect them to play? ebug?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Arivia posted:

if acciari and ror can't line up at wing or center what position do you expect them to play? ebug?

They’re playing for Toronto , so this is actually a possible outcome.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the eastern conference wild card race has quietly become absolutely hysterical

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Arivia posted:

They are both centers. So Acciari at 4C is fine and dandy. RoR at 2C is also fine, but putting Tavares on the wing is lol. Make them 2 and 3c and create mis-matches. You need 3 lines that can score and your other '4th' line can't bleed too many and has to be able to get zone exits. That's how you win a cup. Loading up your top6 and making a franken 3rd line probably not so helpful.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Anyways Pens suck poo poo. Same players. Same issues. Same disaster. I now know for a fact Ron Hextall is making decisions because there is no way on this earth Burke would have let this bullshit continue for 2/3rds of the season. Now what he did to address it is a different issue all together. The bottom 6 barely play 20 minutes a night and get scored on when they do either way. Brian Dumoulin is among some of the worst PK'ing defensemen this year and that's before you get to his 5v5 play.

Hextall traded away 31 and 25 points for Petry's 17 and Rutta's 8. Fortunately PoJ has been ok and put up 17 BUT like Sullivan doesn't really play him a ton outside of easy match ups and I see why. Letang looks a ghost of the player last year. God this team sucks and will play itself out of a playoff spot without massive changes.

I'm fine with not getting swept in the first round by Boston tbh.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
finally, people are talking about the Toronto maple leafs on my tv

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Furnaceface posted:

Do any NHL cities have a cab driver problem they need solved?

Ottawa

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CBJ have points in four of their last six and were 1.3 seconds from making it five of six.

It begins. :shepicide:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

That was an away game in Arizona.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Vaguely perusing stats and lol the Devils PK doubled up the Pens powerplay in xG with .8 and 4 high dangers to the Pens powerplay of .4. Just a fantastic job of design and execution.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

corn on the cop posted:

the eastern conference wild card race has quietly become absolutely hysterical

Yeah they're all pretty bad. I've watched three games today involving potential east wild card teams (Panthers, Islanders, Caps) and all of them got blown out or are in the process of being blown out.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yeah they're all pretty bad. I've watched three games today involving potential east wild card teams (Panthers, Islanders, Caps) and all of them got blown out or are in the process of being blown out.

I knew the Islanders were going to get absolutely dummied by Boston on the back half of a back to back but I’m very happy to see the Penguins and Caps also eat poo poo too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Caps aren’t going to the playoffs and need to sell sell sell.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Also, fire Laviolette and bring back Bruce, let him be there when Ovi beats Gretzky.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Beauvillier's been solid as a Canuck. They should try moving him at the deadline.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cartoon Man posted:

Also, fire Laviolette and bring back Bruce, let him be there when Ovi beats Gretzky.

And then fire Larsen and bring in Laviolette because the Metro is incestuous and Brad Larsen doesn't need to be head coach next season, especially if he Lovie Smiths his way out of the best Lottery odds.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
https://twitter.com/BR_OpenIce/status/1627127067107291136

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Wait poo poo that was Auston's snake juice