Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Jedit posted:

And they'll nerf the x/0s, because they refuse to admit that Neg just needs deleting from the game.

For the interested, the Creator Clash, a $1000 cash prize Snap tourney featuring 16 popular streamers, is in progress right now:

https://twitch.tv/kawatek

Here's the deck that just won this for anyone looking to play some Thanos:
https://snap.fan/decks/218873/

He lost games but was undefeated in full matchups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

So that's how Hobgoblin works in a double "on reveal" location.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

sirtommygunn posted:

So that's how Hobgoblin works in a double "on reveal" location.

Yeah, it sucks. It's consistent and makes sense, but it sucks.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

It's a big brain play you make once to see what happens and you learn to never do it again (you absolutely do it again).

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

RevKrule posted:

It's a big brain play you make once to see what happens and you learn to never do it again (you absolutely do it again).

Also absorbing man after hobgoblin or green goblin :haw:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

It is very funny, if ultimately pointless, to play a goblin to a lane the opponent has dropped Wong on, in case there's an Odin coming. Also just a good play in general, since clogging up the lane has a pretty decent chance of disrupting whatever combo they were building towards.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

tor_blackblood posted:

I'm gonna have to take a break from this game. I really do enjoy the mechanics, the animations, the artwork, etc. However, I cannot justify dropping money on this game for just the chance that maybe I'll get the cards I need for a competitive deck. For the same investment of money and time, I can just buy a battle pass or some draft tokens in MTG Arena and hit the mythic ladder within the month consistently. All that being said, if Second Dinner ever does implement a crafting system for cards, I will come back in a heartbeat.

I'm nearly there after today. Dropped from 46 to 38, could not get any single one of my decks to land. Every play I tried is instantly countered and snapped. Took the full day to "win 15 matches" and I'm almost always beaten by cards I don't have. This just isn't fun.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

buffalo all day posted:

It’s the end of the second week in a four week season so this seems exactly right?

Oh, right. I forgot that it started last week. Anyways, I finished this week's pass so I can take tomorrow off and not have to deal with the Space Throne BS.

I may have to drop some gold on this beforehand though:

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

Ninurta posted:

Oh, right. I forgot that it started last week. Anyways, I finished this week's pass so I can take tomorrow off and not have to deal with the Space Throne BS.

I may have to drop some gold on this beforehand though:

I just received this variant in my season pass mystery variant reward. It whips rear end and you should totally get it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Throne location means it's time for goblin, debrii, and polaris to gently caress

Titania can't be stolen on throne and can make them think they won't get hit by Debrii later, T6 Wong/Haz/Cage combo, goblin/Debrii/Polaris to clog their Throne.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Got this variant and also Mysterio, good day.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Daily Offer alternate art cards for gold are the payday checking of Snap! Just save your gold for Token bundles. You'll eventually unlock a few non-pixel alts via the ladder and the season pass track anyways.

And then when you get an alt you like, for a deck you actually play, just dump all your credits into that alt to hit the discount 1st upgrade over and over and over.

(I buy the monthly passes which probably net a decent amount of gold so ignore me if you're pure f2p. This post is intended for entertainment purposes and should not be construed as financial advice.)

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Boy this hot location brings out all the dickheads lol

Hope yall have a card to counter green goblin in space throne

Teching in Nightcrawler for now I guess

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

I would say,

"lol Cerebro 2 stays winning"

But my cube rate since the location entered rotation suggests otherwise.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Push El Burrito posted:

Got this variant and also Mysterio, good day.

This was literally the first variant I ever got and it indeed owns.

the_american_dream posted:

Nightcrawler's a great idea. If you aren't sure if you even want to contest the throne, Titania is also very good because she can't swap or Ebony Maw is good too. If you're gonna go either route, play into the void on 3 if Throne hasn't shown up, there's a good chance you're right.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Seeing a lot of Killmonger again now too and my Cerebro2 has a couple 1 costs that are vulnerable like iron fist and nightcrawler..

Also interesting interaction on Bar Sinister - We both played morbius on it before it was revealed, and when it was revealed I played rogue who stole morbius' power, but interestingly all her clones had it too. I guess because she smooched him first then got cloned, but I was not expecting it even though it makes perfect sense now that I think about it.

Anyway I modok'd turn 5 and had a massive lane from that :haw:

this featured hot location sucks rear end though

priznat fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 19, 2023

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

priznat posted:

Seeing a lot of Killmonger again now too and my Cerebro2 has a couple 1 costs that are vulnerable like iron fist and nightcrawler..

Also interesting interaction on Bar Sinister - We both played morbius on it before it was revealed, and when it was revealed I played rogue who stole morbius' power, but interestingly all her clones had it too. I guess because she smooched him first then got cloned, but I was not expecting it even though it makes perfect sense now that I think about it.

Anyway I modok'd turn 5 and had a massive lane from that :haw:

this featured location sucks rear end though

I'll take 24 hours of hot location over 48 hours of featured location any day of the week.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

RevKrule posted:

I'll take 24 hours of hot location over 48 hours of featured location any day of the week.

oops got the lingo wrong.. it still sucks rear end having it show up constantly

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

priznat posted:

oops got the lingo wrong.. it still sucks rear end having it show up constantly

Wasn't hitting you on the lingo, we all know what you meant and I definitely didn't mean for it to come out as a grammar attack on you or anything. It does suck, but it sucks less than the longer one.

It did get me thinking about what's coming up and wow, there's some spicy poo poo coming next month.

Featured and New Locations

Forge looks like it'll be good for big hand decks but worthwhile to tech in Ronan as a fun tech.
Asteroid M is begging for Kingpin.
Krakoa is a 1 turn Ego but oof, T5 is so important sometimes.

Hot Locations

Yikes, this is gonna be a rough month of Sundays.
Negative Zone already is weird as hell to deal with so I would expect to see a fair number of people teching in a location changer for it.
Project Pegasus speaks for itself
Elysium is gonna be a lot of Thanos and/or Ramps
Kamar Taj is gonna be the battle of Wong/Lockjaw and Cosmo

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

No worries, good to be precise about the lingo! I mix things up a bit too much..

Also that project pegasus.. Gonna see so many professor X's :ohdear:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Why is everyone fist-bumping me every time I win? Its happened no joke 6 times in a row (1 was a thumbs up but same diff)

It would actually be brilliant if the game detected toxicity/good sportsmanship and then threw in a little one-sided indication of "GG" when you win...

But I choose to believe My Reputation Precedes Me.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I fist bump every game unless you snap on 6 and I'm obviously losing. Then you get the Ms. Marvel before I retreat.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Fist bump is good game/well played. Spammed Ms Marvel/Thumbs up!/I'm Losing! is a dick.

This hot location favors the latter.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

kaschei posted:

C3 can't go super wide reliably; you get 6-7 bodies + cerebro + mystique if you don't play any tech cards and your curve is great. You can just play C3 on a low curve and try to eke out extra bodies with Swarm, Multiple Man+Iron Fist, I've even tried Quinjet just for Sentinel. Then if you can't go wide enough, you go home. I would argue that this is a worse C2: less reliable, not much upside, you do get a bit of control but probably not so much that it wins more overall.

The alternative is to have 1 or 2 cards you only play when you're in a matchup that you need to go tall in. Best of all if it helps interfere with your opponent's plan, or is resilient to things that disrupt your main idea. That's what Professor X/Destroyer are for. Often they're dead cards and sometimes they interfere with your ability to put down bodies. But they give you a win condition in some games when you wouldn't really have one if all you had were 2 and 3 drop bodies + cerebro + mystique.

I mostly played Iron Man as an alternative win condition. I think he's the best option without buying series 4 cards, but Destroyer C3 is a unique and surprising deck that I remember fondly.

It was also made for an earlier meta; Sera Surfer could beat C3 in 3 lanes, but with X, Cosmo, and Destroyer you could pin them down and stand a chance. Also, turn 3 Wave into Leech/Leader/Death was a nasty mixup and Destroyer left you in a decent or even hilarious position afterwards. Now it's much less common and almost entirely lacks the comedic potential. So it is probably even worse than I remember.

Bluntly, this is way out of touch with what C3 looks like now with Bast and Valkyrie. Example list:

It has gamewinning strong control effects with Valkyrie and access to both Shang and Cosmo, the number of bodies is solid between the cheap fodder and Bast and Valkyrie making the Cerebro/Mystique pieces join in on their own buffs, and then Bast-ed Adam Warlock and potentially Magik allow for more consistency in hitting Cerebro.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I've decided to make peace with the emote system and give out a lot of fistbumps, especially when I am on the receiving end of an rear end beating.

I have noticed very little emote spam and a lot more people doing a fist-bump after a loss. On the rare occasion I get the dreaded Ms Marvel thumbs up, I just give it right back in a "Thumbs up to you, too, bro!" and move on to the next game.

Been playing Patriot tonight and have not seen a single Enchantress. I've been lining poo poo up in one lane saying, "Want to ruin my game? Lay that green lady right here!" and I just keep trucking along moonwalking my way to Patriot, Blue Marvel/Kazar, Onslaught/Ultron. I have Scarlet Witch in the deck because gently caress that Throne.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
As much as I love Cerebro, the meta is not friendly to him right now. Red Skull is everywhere and ruins your day quicker than a bowling ball to the face.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So I had, previously, a greedy Wave/Jubilee deck vaguely similar to Sean's.

I decided to add Arnim Zola to it, and Shuri since I pulled her. It's great, though I ended up cutting Electro because I really really want to do the 4 (Shuri) - 5 (big drop) - 6 (bigger drop) curve, and then the ramp is wasted.

But things really took off once I put in Daredevil... and Doctor Octopus.

I don't know how that card suddenly got good, but it looks like everybody is playing combo decks these days.

If you want some fun, try it out. 20 power Doc Ock is pretty good. :haw:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Moon Knight hit my Mystique
Yondu hit my Blue Marvel
And then I lost a Goose-occupied Space Throne to a Turn 6 Sunspot with Cerebro on the board

I fist-bumped it, but it's really not fair when the meta-deck-of-the-patch manages to out-clever my Cerebro deck.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Vanilla Bison posted:

Bluntly, this is way out of touch with what C3 looks like now with Bast and Valkyrie...
I was speaking about c3 for people with only series 3 cards in that context.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

There is something going on behind the scenes. I switched from my discard deck to my patriot deck, and after playing a bunch this afternoon I saw maybe 2 or 3 patriot players. But once I started playing the patriot deck I ran into about 4 other patriot players in about 9 games. So I end up going back to discard and the majority of the people I play are some sort of discard.

Also the game didnt think I had suffered enough after knocking me from 62 down to 56 so it gave me Viper and a title from reserves.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

RevKrule posted:

Featured and New Locations

Forge looks like it'll be good for big hand decks but worthwhile to tech in Ronan as a fun tech.
Asteroid M is begging for Kingpin.
Krakoa is a 1 turn Ego but oof, T5 is so important sometimes.

The image shows Krakoa controlling turn 6. I wonder which one is wrong.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I hope it’s Turn 5, since that still leaves players a turn to react to the chaos caused. More fun that way.

The free movement from M is interesting too. Wonder if movement decks will be decent for a couple of days.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Here is a turn of events that I didn't expect, even tho it is another case of cards go before location. I play Lockjaw on the location that turns into a copy of another on board at the end of turn 4. It became Vormir (destroy the first card played there). I play Jubilee on the final turn. She summons a card from my deck and then in some order she got both destroyed AND replaced.

That won me the game and gave me one heck of a smile on my face.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Jedit posted:

The image shows Krakoa controlling turn 6. I wonder which one is wrong.

I'm gonna assume the image was datamined a while ago but the text was recently reworked. I'd like to think Second Dinner is smart enough to realize that if they have Krakoa doing turn 6 it's gonna make people very mad since that's the last turn of the game. At least with turn 5, you have another turn to recover.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ninurta posted:

Spammed Ms Marvel/Thumbs up!/I'm Losing! is a dick.

Also spamming "What just happened?" after pulling off some massive game-winning combo.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Man gently caress this location. It doesn't seem like the goal of the developers should be to get me to quit for the day but here we are.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Nightcrawler on 3 wins you the game a lot of the time vs all the cheese. Highly recommend for this location.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Sanctum, Plunder Castle, Space Throne. My dailys are done so I'm loving off for 24 hours.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm really tempted to get this Kingpin variant, but I don't have any of the cards that work well with him so it wouldn't see much use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Devo posted:

Man gently caress this location. It doesn't seem like the goal of the developers should be to get me to quit for the day but here we are.

Now that they added the "Game Modes" feature that currently only refers to Friendly Battles I wish that's where featured/hot location mode was so that the rest of us could play the normal game. Win-win as people who like the gimmick can find eachother and its double consent.