Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I hadn't seen this before, and it's very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoHzLLOL3sM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Khanstant posted:

Picard S3 ep 3 spoiler Geordi married to a Soong golem implanted with a holo Leah. They even have a kid but they do nothing with the concept, basically ignore it.

Seven of Nine and Admiral Janeway were in the Jefferies Tube making Borg babies and I saw one of the babies and it scanned me

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Seven of Nine and Admiral Janeway were in the Jefferies Tube making Borg babies and I saw one of the babies and it scanned me

Sorry you're Metroid Prime now

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Knormal posted:

This is great, good find!

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
I've gotten to Miri and at this point I am assuming that Kirk is an unreliable narrator, a sex-crazed, violent lunatic who rationalizes his crimes in his reports. "Oh no I was forced to kill all these people because, uh, they were robots! And those kids were actually 300 years old so if you think about it..."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"Yeoman, erase this log."

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

If only it were possible to make images thread titles.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Knormal posted:

DS9 was so ahead of its time, they even invented Star Trek InTakes!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

The baby scanned you? Ensign Kim, get me Starfleet Command.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

When I grow up, I'm going to Bovine Academy!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh boy, the holodeck! That's where I'm a viking!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Watch this, Commander. You can actually pinpoint the second when the Nausicaan rips his heart in half. And... now!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Knormal posted:

Why is this not available in high defintion drat it

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I love everything on this page, but this especially is perfect on so many levels.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Oh boy, the holodeck! That's where I'm a viking!

I am also good at the holodeck.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
My targ's breath smells like targ food.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
My cat's breath smells like Feline supplement 25

e:f;b

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I am not less perfect than Hugo

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I would like to continue this chain, but sadly putting "Me fail Klingon? That's un-possible!" into every English-to-Klingon translator just causes it to break.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

CPColin posted:

I am not less perfect than Hugo

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Kirk: "It's just a little airborne. It's still good, it's still good"
McCoy: "It's gone"
Kirk: "I know"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
We're taking Simpstrekposting to strange new places worlds

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Hollismason posted:

I really should go back and watch the TOS I haven't done that in a while.

And then follow that up with selected episodes of The Animated Series.

I have TAS on DVD, and there is some genuinely good poo poo in there.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

MrMojok posted:

And then follow that up with selected episodes of The Animated Series.

I have TAS on DVD, and there is some genuinely good poo poo in there.

It is definitely much better than its reputation. It's 2-3 episodes that cause most of the flack it gets.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Lmao

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Season 1 of TNG and the ship roles of the main characters is so weird. Like, Geordi makes a perfect chief engineer, and Worf is a perfect head of security. But they're just random bridge lieutenants in the command division, and the ship doesn't even have a chief engineer. I think at some point they reference that it's a team of chief engineers, which is why we see like 3 or 4 people called "chief engineer" and even kill one of them off. TOS had a chief engineer. What the hell were they thinking with this crew.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s especially weird when you consider that they purposely wrote an Engineering scene into the Farpoint script because they knew it would be the easiest way to ensure an Engineering set actually got built. They just never bothered to ever figure out who’d actually be working in it!

There’s Argyle who was fired for being a dope irl, Singh who got electrocuted, and the weird racist rear end in a top hat from Arsenal of Freedom who gets mad at Geordi taking command. I feel like there’s at least one more I’m forgetting.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
There was a lady during The Naked Now as well.

And don't get me started on Logan. I just watched Arsenal of Freedom. One minute he's mad at Geordi for risking the ship to save everyone on the surface, then when Geordi leaves orbit he gets mad about leaving the Captain and everyone else behind. Like, dude, what the hell do you actually want.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m still working through season 2, so I can only vouch for it up through Measure of a Man, but I’d highly recommend the Newbie Star Trek podcast as you go along. It’s absolutely hilarious, almost like having a SoCal stoner version of Beavis explain TNG plots from a complete newbie’s perspective. It’s honestly giving me a new appreciation for some elements and episodes because the newbie hasn’t had 20 years of forum arguments and hyper-analysis coloring their view of the show. It’s great!

They mentioned that point specifically in their Arsenal episode, which reminded me.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Oh lol this is like my tenth time through the show. There's another engineer (Lynch) during Skin of Evil as well, so that's 5

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

FISHMANPET posted:

Oh lol this is like my tenth time through the show. There's another engineer (Lynch) during Skin of Evil as well, so that's 5

That's Leland T. Lynch to you (and everybody else).

You know the SOB didn't wear replicated uniforms, but had his hand-tailored.

What a prick.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FISHMANPET posted:

And don't get me started on Logan. I just watched Arsenal of Freedom. One minute he's mad at Geordi for risking the ship to save everyone on the surface, then when Geordi leaves orbit he gets mad about leaving the Captain and everyone else behind. Like, dude, what the hell do you actually want.

To be in charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I have a quick question.... is there a reason why Ronald D Moore doesn't have his hand in new Star Trek stuff outside of him being busy? Like I don't actually find the guy that consistent in his work, but he seems hugely successful and I'm loving For All of Mankind. It's just weird that there is this guy who is very famous for writing TNG-era Star Trek, then when went on to produce two pretty popular space shows, and isn't making Star Trek at the moment.