Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It shows some characters, some equipment, and some location art. You can’t get a sense of what the story is from this, or what exactly gameplay is like. But it’s still spoilers, so don’t look at it if knowing anything will ruin your experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Does it reveal if weapon durability is back? I’m one of the weirdos that likes it when weapons break

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I won't mind it if there is a repair system.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

hatty posted:

Does it reveal if weapon durability is back? I’m one of the weirdos that likes it when weapons break

basic yes/no answer

It does not say one way or another

Small spoiler

It shows that monster parts can be attached to weapons, for example Keese eyes being added to arrow tips, or a big tooth added to a sword to make a hammer, a horn added to a sword to make a scythe. You could infer this is the new way that beating enemies powers up weapons, replacing stealing their weapons.

another small spoiler

there is a hylian soldier who cleans armor

tbh these spoilers and one major character spoiler are about all that's in there gameplay/story wise. biggest thing is if you wanna save knowing what the art direction for the new content is like. which is a good idea cause it's cool

Antonymous fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 20, 2023

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Antonymous posted:

basic yes/no answer

It does not say one way or another

Small spoiler

It shows that monster parts can be attached to weapons, for example Keese eyes being added to arrow tips, or a big tooth added to a sword to make a hammer, a horn added to a sword to make a scythe. You could infer this is the new way that beating enemies powers up weapons, replacing stealing their weapons.

another small spoiler

there is a hylian soldier who cleans armor

tbh these spoilers and one major character spoiler are about all that's in there gameplay/story wise. biggest thing is if you wanna save knowing what the art direction for the new content is like. which is a good idea cause it's cool

okay that sounds sick and makes me feel better whether it's one way or the other

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Your second spoiler is heavily implied by the trailers anyway.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I flicked through it all quickly going "holy poo poo what is THAT??" every 4-5 pages, learned no spoilers, and am absolutely convinced this is going to be the Majora's Mask of BOTW in terms of amping up the weirdness by 1000%

game looks amazing

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Is there a weapon to surpass metal gear?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there aren't a lot of major spoilers but there's definitely stuff in there that you might not wanna see if you want to go in blind.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

That weapon info owns, I don't know how much I'm going to be able to keep from knowing, but a little drip feed for some basic mechanics info like that is just the ticket.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Artbook owns and its almost as if nintendo knew it would leak cos it tells you next to nothing lmao

Even more hyped.

Oh there seems to be (combat stuff)attack styles on a diagram that looks like an in game item so could be getting new moves hard to tell tho

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 20, 2023

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I was thinking about the other Zelda sequels that used the same engine/assets:

Link’s Awakening -> Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Ocarina of Time -> Majora’s Mask
Phantom Hourglass -> Spirit Tracks
Twilight Princess -> Link’s Crossbow Training

The last one was a joke. Anyway, the Oracle games were great (with Ages being better than Seasons), Majora’s Mask is my favorite Zelda game and Spirit Tracks was… better than Phantom Hourglass. My point is that they seem to do well with this kind of sequel so I have a lot of hype for Tears of the Kingdom. I’ll avoid the art book for now, I read a few of the spoilers from the past page and they sound cool as hell.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

glassyalabolas posted:

Is there a weapon to surpass metal gear?

closest thing is a sword hilt with a huge stone in the shape of a heart instead of a blade, in varying states of crystallization

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

Artbook owns and its almost as if nintendo knew it would leak cos it tells you next to nothing lmao

Even more hyped.

Oh there seems to be (combat stuff)attack styles on a diagram that looks like an in game item so could be getting new moves hard to tell tho

I think cause its the book that comes with the deluxe version. Which also means the spoilers that are in there are early game stuff

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
giving the Trial of the Sword a shot and this frankly seems a bit unreasonable

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I made the mistake of trying it on the hard mode, since by the time it was out I had already done everything else on my normal file. There was one floor that I tried for several hours and could never get passed. The guides I eventually looked up basically needed you to not use several specific items from previous floors to be able to use them on that floor and it still seemed risky and partially up to chance.

Tempted to try it on normal difficulty sometimes since I never got to ride around on that bike

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i tried it on Cemu and made it 8 stages in before turning on invulnerability, the lizalfos were more than i wanted to deal with

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

It's kinda weird how they made the hardest part of the entire Trials be some Lizalfos in the beginner set.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Khanstant posted:

Tempted to try it on normal difficulty sometimes since I never got to ride around on that bike

For what it's worth, the bike is the reward for Champion's Ballad, which you start in the shrine of resurrection. It's also a much better DLC with story content and fresh challenges (I finished it a week ago!)

Trial of the Sword just boosts the master sword's AP and is way more trouble than it's worth.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I was thinking about the other Zelda sequels that used the same engine/assets:

Link’s Awakening -> Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Ocarina of Time -> Majora’s Mask
Phantom Hourglass -> Spirit Tracks
Twilight Princess -> Link’s Crossbow Training

The last one was a joke. Anyway, the Oracle games were great (with Ages being better than Seasons), Majora’s Mask is my favorite Zelda game and Spirit Tracks was… better than Phantom Hourglass. My point is that they seem to do well with this kind of sequel so I have a lot of hype for Tears of the Kingdom.

Speaking of, I finished my replay of Link Between Worlds and I continue to feel like it was testing the waters for an expanded sequel that we never got. I like it, and the engine and gameplay implementation run like a dream, but the whole thing's so short and easy that it feels like it's over almost before it begins. Especially with the experiment of giving you access to most of the important items early on and massively opening up the playable dungeon order - they're all fine, but it feels like there's no build in difficulty after the intro, and they're all short enough that you hit the boss just as you feel like things are picking up for a real challenge.

It's a fun game, it's just that every time I replay it, it feels like it's missing a follow-up that would've capitalized on all that initial development. I don't even know if anything was ever planned or in development, it just feels weird that there was never that kind of asset reuse follow-up.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Captain Hygiene posted:

Speaking of, I finished my replay of Link Between Worlds and I continue to feel like it was testing the waters for an expanded sequel that we never got. I like it, and the engine and gameplay implementation run like a dream, but the whole thing's so short and easy that it feels like it's over almost before it begins. Especially with the experiment of giving you access to most of the important items early on and massively opening up the playable dungeon order - they're all fine, but it feels like there's no build in difficulty after the intro, and they're all short enough that you hit the boss just as you feel like things are picking up for a real challenge.

It's a fun game, it's just that every time I replay it, it feels like it's missing a follow-up that would've capitalized on all that initial development. I don't even know if anything was ever planned or in development, it just feels weird that there was never that kind of asset reuse follow-up.

Kind of wonder if it started out being a straight 1:1 remake of Link to the Past like Link's Awakening apparently did

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It feels like it's in such a weird "sort of remake, but not quite" space that I would 100% believe that.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Item Getter posted:

Kind of wonder if it started out being a straight 1:1 remake of Link to the Past like Link's Awakening apparently did

Isn't this exactly what happened?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

saw the artwork pages. now i am pissed off!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

[spoilers][/spoilers]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That's some drat fine cheese

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Now we get to spend two pages arguing whether you used bad spoiler tags on purpose

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

cheese wheel house when?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Augus posted:

[spoilers][/spoilers]

those sorta resemble the triforce. wow.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

only the master cheese can defeat ganon

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

cancelling my preorder, this is blasphemy

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
God drat it, I didn't know there was going to be cheese in this game. I've reported you and I've canceled my preorder, since there's no point playing the game anymore. Thanks.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I gave in and saw the leaked pages after I was told it wasn’t anything too bad. (Doesn’t seem to spoil any story but definitely shows a lot of interesting designs if you don’t want those spoiled for you.) And I was gonna post that same cheese page. I love that there is a cheese page.

I think I regret seeing the leak but not in a way that matters too much. Chances are that will all be in the next trailer. I’m just pumped for this game!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
If you beat BOTW while forcing link to be a straight edge vegan, you get the real ending.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Only thing I'll say is that it's incredibly funny that a major new mechanic seems to be giving most enemies funny weaponizable hats

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Motto posted:

Only thing I'll say is that it's incredibly funny that a major new mechanic seems to be giving most enemies funny weaponizable hats

I don't even know what this means, but I just preordered a second copy

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Some people are saying "the leaked pages" etc but not sure if they mean a subset of them. The entire 204 page art book is all out there

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Honestly the far more elaborate outfits and NPC designs alone have me waaaaay more stoked to play the game!

Also, I guess I'll mention the theory I had that proved to be correct: Purah somehow reversing her aging-gone-wrong experiment and appearing in adult form. Super pumped to see that she'll be back and mostly reflecting her appearance in Age of Calamity - it'd be super neat if her and Robbie had a bigger part in the plot this time around, especially if they keep the same VAs they had in AoC. This would make even more sense now that crafting and building machines seems like a pretty big part of the game.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hyrule is overrun by rodents and Link must find and catch all 900 for a special stinky cheese prize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The Legend of Zelda: Mozzarella of Time