Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Wafflecopper posted:

i've never tried biting tinfoil. maybe it's time i started

Well don't do too much too fast. Start small, remember it's not a contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 54 days!

edge city

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Inwas not expecting Shasta to be the first cola company to declare independence

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dallas II looking pretty good

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Cuba (Citicorp)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Always a fan of a balk map that recognizes Deseret/Utah succession.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
After having read about how the Great Salt Lake is drying up in a matter of years rather than decades and the local politicians' brilliant ideas are things like "instead of restricting agriculture's water use, let's cut down all the trees because they use too much water", I'm increasingly unconvinced by the idea of Utah managing to survive on its own

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

having grown up next to paramus i agree sbout the maps depiction of it

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019

Extremely generous to think the Colorado river will exist in 2060

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

what happens in Geffen stays in Geffen

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

vyelkin posted:

After having read about how the Great Salt Lake is drying up in a matter of years rather than decades and the local politicians' brilliant ideas are things like "instead of restricting agriculture's water use, let's cut down all the trees because they use too much water", I'm increasingly unconvinced by the idea of Utah managing to survive on its own

They're going to found an empire on salt, just like mansa musa

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Milo and POTUS posted:

They're going to found an empire on salt, just like mansa musa

Bespoke Mormon Salt

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The next mormon exodus gonna be to *rolls dice* Lake Manitoba? Plenty of water there at least

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Everywhere else on earth is planting more trees to retain water in areas. Meanwhile in good ole mormon land, "what if we tried the opposite thing, will we get the same result?".

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
it's called the scientific method dumbass

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

vyelkin posted:

Maybe they're removing the trees to make uncontrolled flooding more likely

The water from the colorado river doesn't reach your area? Don't worry, a rising tide lifts all boats :smug:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

FLORIDA

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
God will fix it (but not in the way they might think).

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Georgia secedes but not South Carolina?

>doubt

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

They'll just keep deus vult-ing into Idaho, Wyoming, and anywhere else that can be described as the Intermountain West. They have so many kids that they give Quiverfulls a run for their money.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Also what setting is that map from? Not Shadowrun, not Cyberpunk, and not Castle Falkenstein

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Those are some very ugly borders.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

don't cross the kudzu line

also hawaii's shockingly accurate now

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

Also what setting is that map from? Not Shadowrun, not Cyberpunk, and not Castle Falkenstein

I was sure it was RIFTS but it seems it's from a 1992 NYT editorial by Canadian novelist Douglas Coupland

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/10/21/opinion/canada-and-the-united-states-in-the-year-2092.html

i dunno what it says, i can't be hosed to beat the paywall.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

zero knowledge posted:

I was sure it was RIFTS but it seems it's from a 1992 NYT editorial by Canadian novelist Douglas Coupland

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/10/21/opinion/canada-and-the-united-states-in-the-year-2092.html

i dunno what it says, i can't be hosed to beat the paywall.

I think of Coupland every now and then, he wrote Generation X.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

lol that map is supposed to be from the year 2092?! bonkers, frankly
yet another in the genre of non-americans not understanding america i guess

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah that looks more like 2050

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JYSexton/status/1627675442730639360

America Last policies sounds kinda cool though

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Nothing MTG can do is notable except sedition. She doesn't have it in her to do any good for anybody else.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

her own divorce isn't going so well not sure why she should get to inflict that on the rest of us

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
up yours, woke moralists! We'll see who secedes from whom

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

yeah i hope it wakes us up to uhhh doing it lol let's loving do it dawg

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

yeah i hope it wakes us up to uhhh doing it lol let's loving do it dawg

WWWWwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooo let's go Barndom

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

vyelkin posted:

up yours, woke moralists! We'll see who secedes from whom

as if these cretins know when to use whom

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

spankmeister posted:

as if these cretins know when to use whom

Somebody had to say it!

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
Serbia warns ‘everyone is preparing for war’
Belgrade says it is profiting from the arms and ammunition race, but is worried about NATO encirclement

quote:

Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic attends the IDEX 2023 in Abu Dhabi, February 21, 2023. © Serbian Defense Ministry

Serbia’s military industry has ramped up production of weapons and ammunition to keep up with skyrocketing demand driven by the conflict in Ukraine, President Aleksandar Vucic said on Tuesday. Visiting the IDEX weapons fair in UAE, Vucic said the world is preparing for war.

“Everyone needs ammunition. Everyone is buying everything, anything we can make gets sold,” Vucic said. “I don’t know how some of this stuff hasn’t ended up on the battlefields of Ukraine yet.”

Demand for things like rockets for ‘Grad’ multiple launcher systems has gone up by 70%, the Serbian president added, noting that Belgrade is looking to expand some of its ammunition production, since it’s all spoken for.

“Ammunition is selling like hotcakes,” Vucic said.

He claimed Russia uses up 35,000 rounds per day, and Ukraine about 16,000, which adds up over the course of a year. Serbia is trying to hold back at least some of the hardware for its own needs, Vucic said.

“Our army and our country must come first. At least 30% of everything made in Serbia must stay in Serbia,” he told reporters. “We can only sell what we can spare. Everyone wants to fight, everyone is getting ready for war.”

Worried about its own neighborhood, Belgrade is also importing whatever it can, including a bid for Rafale fighter jets from France. According to Vucic, a contract with the Emirates for kamikaze drones should be signed later this week.

“We are surrounded by NATO countries. Bosnia-Herzegovina is not [a member], but NATO troops are there too, as well as in part of our own territory, in Kosovo,” the Serbian president said.

Asked for comment about the situation in Ukraine, Vucic said he was expecting “great changes on the battlefield” in the next two to three days, which may lead to further Western pressure on Serbia. Vucic has so far resisted US and EU demands to sanction Russia, insisting on Belgrade’s military neutrality in the ongoing conflict.

The IDEX 2023 global defense exhibition, held in Abu Dhabi, is one of the largest arms fairs in the world. This week’s event is attended by 1,350 vendors from 65 countries. In addition to ammunition, Serbia is advertising its ‘Nora’ self-propelled howitzer and armored vehicles ‘Lazar’ and ‘Milos.’
https://www.rt.com/news/571864-serbia-weapons-nato-ukraine/

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/hotdogbiscuits/status/1628510664120586245

north v south? how about west v east.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

all the posts below this one are my turf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019