Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

The_Rob posted:

Yeah it’s always funny to me that wwe never seemingly has set cards. They just roll the cameras and wait for things to happen.

If you think about it entirely in-kayfabe, WWE is a wrestling company that rents out massive stadiums, sells tickets to the public, sets up live camera feeds, and then just kinda hopes enough wrestlers show up at the arena and happen to be mad enough at each other to demand fights right then and there to fill up 2 to 3 hours of tv time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I can't believe Roman and Cody politicked to bury Sami.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Yeah it’s always funny to me that wwe never seemingly has set cards. They just roll the cameras and wait for things to happen.

it's such a de-escalation of intensity to go from brawl to match

we hate each other so much that'll we go from unstructured free violence to this very structured and rules bound sporting competition

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The_Rob posted:

The WWE loyalists will tell you they prefer it this way because they like being surprised.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
anything can happen in the wwe

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
one of Lance Storm's best takes ever is the observation that WWE is a TV show set in a wrestling company and AEW is a wrestling company with a TV show

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

one of Lance Storm's best takes ever is the observation that WWE is a TV show set in a wrestling company and AEW is a wrestling company with a TV show

I can't remember if it was Lance but I've heard someone describe WWE as the Muppet Show but about Wrestling and it really fits

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the muppet show doing a wrestling promotion would be good though

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

flatluigi posted:

the muppet show doing a wrestling promotion would be good though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH2a6PLfQFU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the muppets on raw was one of the least awful guest gm raws next to bob barker

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the wrestlemania posters all say "directed by vince mcmahon" 🤭

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

TheKingslayer posted:

The political hit

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

TheKingslayer posted:

And somehow involves Heyman loving Brandi
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AggravatingShockedEyra-mobile.mp4

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
that heyman promo was awful and like you could hear when his audio would play in and the piped in audio would cut out

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the wrestlemania posters all say "directed by vince mcmahon" 🤭

we make movies pal

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Drakkel posted:

If you think about it entirely in-kayfabe, WWE is a wrestling company that rents out massive stadiums, sells tickets to the public, sets up live camera feeds, and then just kinda hopes enough wrestlers show up at the arena and happen to be mad enough at each other to demand fights right then and there to fill up 2 to 3 hours of tv time.

No post will ever be as good as this, close PSP or wrestlehut2k or whatever

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The combined genius of Cody Rhodes and The Wise Man is going to make this one special Road To WrestleMania. Keep your eyes peeled and your ears alert for some amazing nuance. The TranquiloClubYT vid will be required viewing.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TheKingslayer posted:

There's more than one royal family in wrestling, believe that

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

did omos really challenge brock for wrestlemania or am I getting trolled again

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

hello, omosapiens

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Lol this sucks

Drakkel posted:

I can't remember if it was Lance but I've heard someone describe WWE as the Muppet Show but about Wrestling and it really fits

Unfortunately WWE is missing the wrestling Statler and Waldorf, who do commentary every Tuesday for AEW Dark.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol I'm so glad they dumpstered Sami so that Paul Heyman can talk about how he's gonna gently caress Brandi while WWE pipes in a crowd reaction.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

So they teased Brock vs Lashley and instead of that they're doing Lashley vs Bray and Brock vs Omos? WWE never fuckin change

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

how come roman can't do 1:1 promos with cody lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
The Codyverse demands Brandi comes in and confronts Paul Heyman in a very long talking segment.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

The Codyverse demands Brandi comes in and confronts Paul Heyman in a very long talking segment.

Where she inexplicably calls the crowd white trash fatsos but she's supposed to be the face.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

The Codyverse and all of it's worst tropes creeping in and torpedoing the one decent storyline WWE's done in the past decade is the funniest possible outcome so it needs to happen

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The big dog isn't gonna waste his breath on vanilla midgets, brother

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

https://youtu.be/GZi6yQh15qI

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

1glitch0 posted:

WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU THIS WAS OPEN MIC NIGHT YOU WALRUS LOOKING BITCH

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

MJeff posted:

lol I'm so glad they dumpstered Sami so that Paul Heyman can talk about how he's gonna gently caress Brandi while WWE pipes in a crowd reaction.

it just wouldn't have been the same without Paul holding both belts

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I'm ready for the Judgment Day/Edge thing to end but I'm happy Finn is finally getting a high profile Mania match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
oh yeah i guess finn is retiring edge at mania huh

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

i'm glad the 41 year old guy is gonna retire the 49 year old guy, it's time for new stars

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

i'm glad the 41 year old guy is gonna retire the 49 year old guy, it's time for new stars

I looked up the ages of some of the people that are (mostly) gonna be at wrestlemania and wow, the roster's aging

Bray's 35, Roman, the Usos, and Cody are 37, Sami and Kevin are 38, Brock's 45, and Lashley's 46

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
why did Cody look sad when Heyman said he was gonna gently caress Brandi.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Seams posted:

Paul is likely a very selfish lover and that bums him out.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Seams posted:

Chodey had a small dick

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lamo they're gonna take an easy lay-up for having Sami and Cody both beat Roman and split the titles and go straight into prime Cody bull shite. Never change WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Roman sucks at promos and Cody would absolutely murder him on the mic.

Plus Roman's a part-timer anyway and isn't around so.