Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Josh Lyman posted:

Speaking of things that are out of stock, I don’t think I’ve seen Clear Care contact lens solution in over a year. I’ve had to buy it from Target. :smith:

It was in ours last month, wife uses it but naturally, we don't get it every trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Speaking of things that are out of stock, I don’t think I’ve seen Clear Care contact lens solution in over a year. I’ve had to buy it from Target. :smith:

this is costcos way of telling you to get lasik or whatever the newer better version is

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Wendigee posted:

this is costcos way of telling you to get lasik or whatever the newer better version is

Lasik 2

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

Luck you found it there. I've been having a hard time finding any hydrogen peroxide contact solution at all, name brand or store brand. I assume it's another shortage of some kind.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Should I be putting my last remaining unopened bottle from before I got lasered on eBay and cashing in?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Jif crunchy peanut butter is back, and there were people in the aisle saying "hey! it's back! crunchy peanut butter! what a great day!" (not me, but I did pick some up)

that roast beef sandwich is also real, saw it at my costco which isn't the Lynnwood one where that photo came from. didn't try it, but maybe some day

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Is the Kirkland peanut butter back? I get it for my dog

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

david_a posted:

Is the Kirkland peanut butter back? I get it for my dog

I got some in January, ate both bottles right away and now it’s gone again. Just like that A2 milk I love :smith:

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I was really looking forward to going to Costco on my way home from work yesterday, and my wife texts me around 3:30, "Hey I'm at Costco, do you need anything?" I was so bummed.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tokelau All Star posted:

I was really looking forward to going to Costco on my way home from work yesterday, and my wife texts me around 3:30, "Hey I'm at Costco, do you need anything?" I was so bummed.

So? Take your own trip, king.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

I know it's silly, but I enjoy the feeling of freedom of going grocery shopping alone. Also, my in laws are staying with us and I wanted to avoid them for an extra 45 minutes.

/\/\
Shoot, looks like I'm out of energy drinks, didn't realize that yesterday, guess I gotta make a stop on my way home. Might as well get more diapers and milk while I'm there. Sorry I took so long, lines were crazy.

Tokelau All Star fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 23, 2023

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tokelau All Star posted:

I know it's silly, but I enjoy the feeling of freedom of going grocery shopping alone.

Big same. Other people either shop too slow or look at poo poo I don't want to look at. Solo shopping ftw

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
There are some benefits to shopping with others at Costco though. If they don't want a sample and you want two, tell them to grab one for them and bam, now you got 2. Also, you can order a pizza from the food court and people think "well, they are just getting 1 for the home, no big deal". But when I order a pizza by myself they know i'm gonna eat the whole thing. Now, usually they are impressed, like "dang, that man is living the life". But occasionally, it does draw stares.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Big same. Other people either shop too slow or look at poo poo I don't want to look at. Solo shopping ftw

I love grocery shopping but I'm the one looking at poo poo, I work in food/beverage product development so I am ALWAYS exploring stores to see what the new hotness is.

And I like dragging my husband with me because he can sit in place while I run around and grab stuff.

Also just saw this Keith Eats the Menu at Costco, haven't watched it yet though but I love Keith Eats the Menu:

https://youtu.be/Jc2_fT-tRkU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tokelau All Star posted:

I know it's silly, but I enjoy the feeling of freedom of going grocery shopping alone. Also, my in laws are staying with us and I wanted to avoid them for an extra 45 minutes.

I'm a single male and only grocery shop alone. I enjoy shopping. And I always go hungry! I'm a wild man! I break all the rules!!! :twisted:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Why does the cheese pizza have more calories than the pepperoni pizza?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Extra cheese as a topping

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pencilhands posted:

Soul Dentist posted:

Extra cheese as a topping

Correct.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

pencilhands posted:

no pepperoni grease to speed it through your system

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

The grease helps the calories slide right on out of ya. More grease == less weight gain!

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

death cob for cutie posted:

so I'm preparing to do my first costco run - can I just get a membership right in the store, or do I need to get it online first? I know I can get it first online and then get the physical card in-store, but can I just do it all there?

I'm not really much of a kitchen person, but if there's no other solids in the soup, would an immersion blender work?

There is an online deal now for 30bux as a gift card when you buy a gold memberhsip, for some reason through Gamespots online deals store??? (which i didn't even know was a thing)

https://deals.gamespot.com/sales/costco-1-year-gold-star-membership-30-costco-card

Times must be tough for ripping off people on used games now that everything is digital, gotta diversify.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

went to the 'co while visiting canada and decided to treat myself a chicken tenders and fries and a :siren:polish:siren: dog. wish they still had the chicken sandwich and you only get like 4 tenders and it's store deli tier but for 6 usd with the dog it can't be beat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Wayne Knight posted:

The grease helps the calories slide right on out of ya. More grease == less weight gain!

ive been saying this for years!!!

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

That stuff is so good. Easily beats the normandy mix

e: hmm, mine didn't have mushrooms or brussel sprouts, but had italian squash instead

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 24, 2023

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There's a couple different versions with nearly identical packaging.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Wayne Knight posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H5YHIjwi1c

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Costco still sells Alli which is a weaponized pill form of those anal leakage snacks.

The reviews are about as amazing as you'd expect: https://www.costco.com/alli-Orlistat-60-mg.-Weight-Loss-Aid,-170-Capsules.product.100468501.html

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lets get rid of the hot turkey pesto sandwich (and everything else) at the food court and replace it with this $10 crap roastbef sandwich

someone needs to be liquidated for this.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The bare minimum amount of meat. Sad!

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Before the chicken bake there was the turkey bake and that owned. I think it was back in the 90s.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

This was also the carne asada bake and the bulgogi bake, although I think the bulgogi bake might still be available in Japan? Haven't been back since before Covid, so no idea what it's like these days.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Costco still sells Alli which is a weaponized pill form of those anal leakage snacks.

The reviews are about as amazing as you'd expect: https://www.costco.com/alli-Orlistat-60-mg.-Weight-Loss-Aid,-170-Capsules.product.100468501.html

Lol yeah they are

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is orange moist gas short enough for a username

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

bird with big dick posted:

Is orange moist gas short enough for a username

It is!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

So you can crop dust people with aerosolized fat farts that are orange and sticky?

I'll take a case

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Re: energy drink chat.

I was traveling out of town for work this week and tried swinging by their Church to see what energy drinks they carried. Found they carry 12 packs of a brand called Zoa. Figured I'll try that and hope that Co brings back the Monster variety case one day.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

iroc.dis posted:

Re: energy drink chat.

I was traveling out of town for work this week and tried swinging by their Church to see what energy drinks they carried. Found they carry 12 packs of a brand called Zoa. Figured I'll try that and hope that Co brings back the Monster variety case one day.

this is the rock's energy drink, and it sucks rear end.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Deathlove posted:

this is the rock's energy drink, and it sucks rear end.

Never a truer word has been spoken. It's really bad. Take off brand Flintstone chewables and crush them up and put them in not very good sparkling water. That's Zoa.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

I tried the Zoa, it tastes bad, and only has something like 120 mg caffeine. I had been going with the Celsius, which also tastes bad but has 200 mg caffeine. Since I ran out of Celsius earlier this week, I've been making overnight cold brew in my French press (with beans I got from Costco) and crushing it in the morning when I wake up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Tokelau All Star posted:

I tried the Zoa, it tastes bad, and only has something like 120 mg caffeine. I had been going with the Celsius, which also tastes bad but has 200 mg caffeine. Since I ran out of Celsius earlier this week, I've been making overnight cold brew in my French press (with beans I got from Costco) and crushing it in the morning when I wake up.
I drink Celsius because they are stocked at work, but that orange flavor is so minging. The kiwi guava ranks a solid tolerable though.