Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Your Gay Uncle posted:

When an OG hotwife guy doesn't even respond to pics of your wife in her underwear that's brutal

Jones is used to it, he carries on one-sided conversations with his father, who completely ignores him outright at every turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
lol Jones's new podcast that was not "affiliated with Infowars or Free Speech Media" has effectively been shelved.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/bankruptcy-law/alex-jones-delays-new-podcast-amid-sandy-hook-family-concerns

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
RIP Alex Jones Painting Show, you were too pure for this sinful Earth

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Froghammer posted:

RIP Alex Jones Painting Show, you were too pure for this sinful Earth

They put chemicals in the pastels to make all the frogs he painted gay.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Volmarias posted:

They put chemicals in the pastels to make all the frogs he painted gay.

They all turned into iterations of :frogout:, but all said “PAY UP” instead.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

SalTheBard posted:

lol Jones's new podcast that was not "affiliated with Infowars or Free Speech Media" has effectively been shelved.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/bankruptcy-law/alex-jones-delays-new-podcast-amid-sandy-hook-family-concerns

quote:

Jones made a “solemn promise” to stop posting on his new Alex Jones Live podcast, Jones’ personal bankruptcy attorney, Vickie L. Driver of Crowe & Dunlevy, said at a hearing Tuesday at the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.

An rear end in a top hat like him would never voluntarily give up his three-year-old's-logic scheme to evade the law. So what happened? Did he got a letter from the courts saying "nice try fuckstick" and that the money he would be making there wouldn't be magically sheltered? Seems awfully fast for that, most of these schemes take months/years of arguing in court.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

It went exactly how everyone said, too. It's technically possible for him to create an Info Wars 2 that could be sheltered from some of the trainwreck he made out of everything, but it had to be completely independent and not mix any resources with the original. And Jones immediately mixed all of his resources and bragged about it.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Random Stranger posted:

It went exactly how everyone said, too. It's technically possible for him to create an Info Wars 2 that could be sheltered from some of the trainwreck he made out of everything, but it had to be completely independent and not mix any resources with the original. And Jones immediately mixed all of his resources and bragged about it.
Since he's personally liable on the judgments it'd be peanuts saved on any new business; he'd be shedding the $10k he owes his caterer, but not the billion+ to the Sandy Hook plaintiffs. If he buys a lotto ticket and wins the Powerball, even though it has nothing to do with the tort or his main business, there will be an immediate claim to that money by the creditors.

I honestly have no idea what he thought was gonna happen, his lawyers should have explained that since it's his name on the suits he can't restructure his businesses to escape all liability.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

kw0134 posted:

Since he's personally liable on the judgments it'd be peanuts saved on any new business; he'd be shedding the $10k he owes his caterer, but not the billion+ to the Sandy Hook plaintiffs. If he buys a lotto ticket and wins the Powerball, even though it has nothing to do with the tort or his main business, there will be an immediate claim to that money by the creditors.

I honestly have no idea what he thought was gonna happen, his lawyers should have explained that since it's his name on the suits he can't restructure his businesses to escape all liability.

I think you'll find the evidence shows Alex Jones is dumb as all hell

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm a little surprised he hasn't tried to fake his own death... and then immediately start up a "new" show while wearing a fake mustache and calling himself Ajax Janes. Bonus points if his first coverage is on how Alex Jones faked his own death and is laughing at the fake news media and the Sandy Hook parents.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Randalor posted:

I'm a little surprised he hasn't tried to fake his own death... and then immediately start up a "new" show while wearing a fake mustache and calling himself Ajax Janes. Bonus points if his first coverage is on how Alex Jones faked his own death and is laughing at the fake news media and the Sandy Hook parents.

He could fake his own death of cancer and re-emerge as a standup comedian named Hill Bicks.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

kw0134 posted:

Yeah, hense the "some of the trainwreck". It could have dodged some of the bankruptcy poo poo he tried to pull, for example, and given him an outlet to funnel some money to him in a way that could be shielded from the judgment ("This isn't my sports car, it belongs to Info Wars 2!"). It would be a new entity that would have to be penetrated to prove that it was just Alex Jones hiding behind a new name. And Jones totally blew it because he's incompetent at even basic level evil poo poo.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The basic problem with this premise is that it'd be literally impossible to avoid the judgment that way because money spent to get Infowars2 up and running would count as assets in the bankruptcy, and that he's liable in person anyway. Either it's an ownership interest he's gonna get attached to the bankruptcy estate, or the court goes "okay, that's your income too, we'll take that thanks." Or it's a fraudulent transfer and it's clawed back.

Bankruptcy courts are not idiots. And they definitely love it when you treat them as such.

kw0134 fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 21, 2023

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

kw0134 posted:

Bankruptcy courts are not idiots. And they definitely love it when you treat them as such.

This is what I honestly can't figure out. Like, Jones can't be stupid enough to think he can get around courts considering he's had a number of lawyers who statistically must have told him this. I know even Reynal said that "Alex runs the show", but still even Norm Pattis must've said something.

The only way I can reconcile this is that Jones thought he'd be able to get around it somehow or that he thought he'd be able to fundraise off of it or something.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Randalor posted:

You fool! He disn't fake his death, Alex Jones never existed, he was a CIA globalist front the whole time!

Listen to hot new broadcaster Alan Bones and his fantastic new show DataBrawl if you want to learn more.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

mojo1701a posted:

This is what I honestly can't figure out. Like, Jones can't be stupid enough to think he can get around courts considering he's had a number of lawyers who statistically must have told him this. I know even Reynal said that "Alex runs the show", but still even Norm Pattis must've said something.

The only way I can reconcile this is that Jones thought he'd be able to get around it somehow or that he thought he'd be able to fundraise off of it or something.

This isn't even the first time Jones has tried to get around the courts. He's trying pretty much every trick in the book.

If he was the kind of guy who listened to his lawyers when they told him not to do something, he wouldn't have been successfully sued for 4-5 times his entire net worth. And the entire reason he's in bankruptcy court to begin with was because he thought he could use it to preemptively shield his assets from the lawsuits.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Its because he's a stupid lazy rear end in a top hat who heard about the Texas TwoStep and tried to use it to basically saddle FreeSpeech systems with all the liabilities and give the sandy hook families peanuts while he rides off into the sunset with "Totally not free speech systems" it might have worked had he not been lazy and piggybacked off the existing architecture.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
The entire ideology is fueled by sycophants and kayfabe. If you do it and you're successful, you win. If you do it and you fail, the globalist elite deep state kangaroo courts are illegally stopping you and this gets people to fund you.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Morter posted:

The entire ideology is fueled by sycophants and kayfabe. If you do it and you're successful, you win. If you do it and you fail, the globalist elite deep state kangaroo courts are illegally stopping you and this gets people to fund you.

What's odd to me is that I just listened to a KF episode in which Alex disagrees with a Sovcit caller over his beliefs. Not because he thinks it's wrong, but because "it doesn't work". Like, Alex's logic is that even if you're right, the men with guns still control things so good luck invoking your rights under the Magna Carta.

In a sense "might makes right" isn't incorrect, but still agreeing with the underlying principle is... just goofy.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

mojo1701a posted:

Like, Jones can't be stupid enough to think

Imma let you finish, but yes Alex Jones can be stupid enough to think that whatever idiot plan he comes up with is brilliant.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
I think at a certain point you just get desperate enough to throw poo poo at the wall and see what sticks. He had nothing to lose by trying. Even pissing off the court isn't a negative because I'm not sure they can get more pissed than they already were.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

That might have been true at the various trial courts that were hearing his cases, but the bankruptcy courts were a totally fresh legal arena in which he had a blank slate and he burned all his goodwill before he even began his personal bankruptcy filing. He hosed himself by being a stupid asshat to the same judges he needed to have the smallest amount of leeway with.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

kw0134 posted:

He hosed himself by being a stupid asshat to the same judges he needed to have the smallest amount of leeway with.

This is the throughline through every single one of his trials, though. He’s an utterly incorrigible asshat that displays that fact to everyone loudly and proudly at the very first (and every subsequent) chance he gets.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Oh yeah, no one's denying that the scorpion's gonna sting the frog no matter what, but it's not a case of already being in a hole so why not, but he got on a fresh frog who was by law required to be as evenhanded as possible and the first thing he does is slam that barbed tail right into the poor thing's eye even before the pair left the riverbank. But if Alex Jones could stop being Alex Jones for even a minute he'd not be in the position he is in now.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

kw0134 posted:

But if Alex Jones could stop being Alex Jones for even a minute he'd not be in the position he is in now.

Couldn’t figure out a way to word this earlier, but it’s dead-on.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

mojo1701a posted:

What's odd to me is that I just listened to a KF episode in which Alex disagrees with a Sovcit caller over his beliefs. Not because he thinks it's wrong, but because "it doesn't work". Like, Alex's logic is that even if you're right, the men with guns still control things so good luck invoking your rights under the Magna Carta.

In a sense "might makes right" isn't incorrect, but still agreeing with the underlying principle is... just goofy.

Granted, the clip you heard was from 20 years ago (2004 i think)

But more to the point, Dan from KF has made clear cases that Alex doesn't want anyone to actually DO anything proactively. His entire shtick is to get people hooked into thinking there's an attack, he's informing them of it, and his viewers funding him is how they fight this 'info war'. I've heard plenty of callers ask "WHEN do we finally rise up and :tfrxmas:" and he'll discourage them with improvised reasons about it not being the right time, but to be ready (and buy his stuff).

Having people act on the motivation that he's been riling them up about is bad for his brand, because it'll get his fanbase killed--which means less money, and also implicate him. This is why Jordan repeatedly refers to this as "terrorist edging".

That's the grift.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
these are the actions of a man who's never been told "no" in any meaningful way in his life. he's not "trying to get around" anything, he's just doing the first thing he thinks of and hoping he can get out of trouble later with a sad face and facile apology.
then, if that doesn't work, belligerence and pouting hoping you'll get tired enough of him to just let him go.

repeat forever until president.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
it's quite honestly impressive how successful Alex Jones has been despite being among the dumbest motherfuckers among 8 billion and really speaks to how far one can go with an unhealthy work ethic and a rich daddy bankrolling you

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

kw0134 posted:

Oh yeah, no one's denying that the scorpion's gonna sting the frog no matter what, but it's not a case of already being in a hole so why not, but he got on a fresh frog who was by law required to be as evenhanded as possible and the first thing he does is slam that barbed tail right into the poor thing's eye even before the pair left the riverbank. But if Alex Jones could stop being Alex Jones for even a minute he'd not be in the position he is in now.

the original Persian version of the proverb had a turtle instead of a scorpion.

so the scorpion stings the turtle midriver, and he says 'thank allah for giving me a shell to protect me from the unrighteous', then just sinks into the river and drowns the scorpion

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

SonOfGhostDad posted:

it's quite honestly impressive how successful Alex Jones has been despite being among the dumbest motherfuckers among 8 billion and really speaks to how far one can go with an unhealthy work ethic and a rich daddy bankrolling you

Also right wing grifting is hilariously easy as if you get popular you have a built in audience of the markiest marks imaginable.

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 21, 2023

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
It's important to remember that one of the big reasons Alex got big was because he hired his dad to be his HR department and paid him out through his dad's dentistry business' retirement fund, which let Free Speech Systems establish a line of business credit with a solid 30 year history, which let him take out a bunch of extremely generous loans to get his poo poo off the ground.

Doing One Weird Trick in order to get the government to give him the things he wants is the only way he's ever interacted with the government.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Klyith posted:

Imma let you finish, but yes Alex Jones can be stupid enough to think that whatever idiot plan he comes up with is brilliant.

I assumed he had some level of intelligence since he's been good at skirting the line and not be an outright bigot when it comes to this poo poo, like trying all of that, "Come on, Ye, you don't really mean all of that stuff about Hitler? I mean... (nervous chuckle)"

Froghammer posted:

It's important to remember that one of the big reasons Alex got big was because he hired his dad to be his HR department and paid him out through his dad's dentistry business' retirement fund, which let Free Speech Systems establish a line of business credit with a solid 30 year history, which let him take out a bunch of extremely generous loans to get his poo poo off the ground.

Doing One Weird Trick in order to get the government to give him the things he wants is the only way he's ever interacted with the government.

This reminds me, I had this question but I don't think I ever found out: what's the significance of naming corporations like PQPR? I didn't think much of it until I realized that one of the other ones is named P(XXX). I assumed it could be Texas's default nomenclature for incorporation (in much the same way we incorporate companies with a default number unless you apply for a specific name, like 1234567 Ontario Inc.).

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

LionYeti posted:

the markiest marks imaginable.

Pure distilled Mark Wahlberg.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tunicate posted:

the original Persian version of the proverb had a turtle instead of a scorpion.

so the scorpion stings the turtle midriver, and he says 'thank allah for giving me a shell to protect me from the unrighteous', then just sinks into the river and drowns the scorpion

Thank U Allah Turtle

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

mojo1701a posted:

I assumed he had some level of intelligence since he's been good at skirting the line and not be an outright bigot when it comes to this poo poo, like trying all of that, "Come on, Ye, you don't really mean all of that stuff about Hitler? I mean... (nervous chuckle)"

Yes he has some level of intelligence. He is at the exact level of smarts to max out the dunning-kruger curve at the "stupid but overconfident" peak, but too stupid to ever learn anything to push over the edge.

A person like this is for practical purposes the stupidest person around, because they'll step on a rake 10 times in a row and not figure out why they keep getting hit in the face. And their mental train always stops at the first station and never makes any connections to anything else.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

mojo1701a posted:

He has to do a balancing act when people like that call in because going too far either way towards “you’re totally right” or “you’re totally wrong” risks losing listeners.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

InsertPotPun posted:

then, if that doesn't work, belligerence and pouting hoping you'll get tired enough of him to just let him go.

Everyone is tired of his poo poo so he's halfway there.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

There's no stream so I'm just getting it from Morgan Stringer's twitter, but there's more Texas fun times with Mark Bankston going on.

Taube, the lawyer who created Alex's bullshit PQPR company, is actively on the stand lying and saying he never had anything to do with Alex's business dealings.

Mark has been making noises about trying to get his fucker disbarred.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Yeah this is from someone in the room and it doesn't seem to be going great for Alex's lawyer!

https://twitter.com/speechwrs/status/1628425327818035200
https://twitter.com/speechwrs/status/1628450715852066818

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Xiahou Dun posted:

Mark has been making noises about trying to get his fucker disbarred.

Even if you are a true believer, how can you look at a man who now owes a billion dollars and think it's a good idea to represent him. Every case has gone against him and he is beyond hosed so why would you risk your legal career lying for him or trying to cover up for him.