Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah leave the doomposting to the experts, the Penguins fans

I legit thought a big trade went down last night and it was 50+ posts of PAS doomposting. The crown is certainly still yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Aphrodite posted:

So is Mother Teresa.

:golfclap:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Does the Rangers doomposting recommence after they:

A) Lose to the Devils in a tight series

B) Get demolished by the Hurricanes

C) Post A/B -- Trade Chytil for some garbage package

I think there's some Lafreniere PP usage charts that still haven't been posted.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

WeaponX posted:

I legit thought a big trade went down last night and it was 50+ posts of PAS doomposting. The crown is certainly still yours.

Just sitting here yelling Trump-style at my monitor at Hextall to do something!!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

grack posted:

Pens should trade for Jack Rathbone Johnson

E-

Chad Sexington posted:

gently caress the penguins tho

WeaponX posted:

I've long been unironically OK with giving PAS their own thread.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 21, 2023

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I would prefer for Hextall to do nothing, for I don't believe anything can be done that can turn this team into a contender.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I want Washington to sell, or alternatively say gently caress it and trade everything for Erik Karlsson.

Anything in between would be a giant waste.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
TBH I think the Devils match up pretty good against the Rangers in a playoff series. They won't be able to clog the ice the way Boston or Carolina would. Maybe we get goalied but I think we have a good chance.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

E-

I've long been unironically OK with giving PAS their own thread.

bitch there wouldn't even be a thread if it wasn't for PAS poo poo posting in here

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I accept.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

bitch there wouldn't even be a thread if it wasn't for PAS poo poo posting in here

Yeah, it's February 21st and the only hockey thread is still titled January N/V

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

TBH I think the Devils match up pretty good against the Rangers in a playoff series. They won't be able to clog the ice the way Boston or Carolina would. Maybe we get goalied but I think we have a good chance.

https://youtu.be/GM-e46xdcUo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I love you all and value all your posts. Some are solid like bricks, and some are the goopy mess that goes between the bricks to stick them together

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
You've gotta at win at least more than one Cup in 80 years before you can start posting like Wonderllama

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Ginette Reno posted:

Just sitting here yelling Trump-style at my monitor at Hextall to do something!!

Kasperi Kapanen looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his black shirt before PPG Paints Arena. Very very disrespectful.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's always very funny when Rangers fans act like Yankee fans.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

mcmagic posted:

But they're the same thing?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/1628095665782882309

:lol: Jarmo's gonna fleece another team out of a 1st for a middle-pair defenseman on an expiring deal.

https://twitter.com/ZegrasSZN/status/1628095718031499264

e- :laffo: rex's new av.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 21, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You already have 7 defensemen better than him, Sweeney.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Matt Zerella posted:

Kasperi Kapanen looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his black shirt before PPG Paints Arena. Very very disrespectful.

Mat Barzal skates well, scores, gets checked into boards - LOWER BODY INJURY. Many such cases!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

94 counts as like 10 Cups. the Yankees championships also count as Ranger cups. the Mets’ also are our Cups. the Giants 4 rings count as 2 Cups. The Jet’ rigged Super Bowl 3 win translates to one Cup. The other 5 Messier Cups? our Cups. we’re at like 30-50 Cups, which is why we’re always in a Good Mood. Embrace Life

meanwhile, re: the Pens organization and all their fans (who I love and deeply respect):

DO YALL WANT A BOXC fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 21, 2023

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Dunno why the Bruins would even want Gavrikov. If they're giving up a first at least do it for Barbashev.

E: if they're giving up the first so that Columbus takes on a poo poo contract like Reilly and/or Smith then that's fine I suppose.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 21, 2023

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Twin Cinema posted:

I have been thinking about who is the most anonymous 40-goal scorer. And, for guys this century, it may be Brad Boyes. Kulemin may be the answer for most anonymous 30-goal scorer this century. There's too many players before 2000 to consider.

I love conversations like these because then i spend the next 30 or 60 minutes looking at hockeydb for fun.

What I'm looking for now is what's the highest pick who had a long NHL career despite seeming completely useless?

My pick has always been Wayne Primeau but i'm curious if there's obvious ones i missed.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=11363

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Do it, Bruins. We need more stupid trades this season.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Carver posted:

What I'm looking for now is what's the highest pick who had a long NHL career despite seeming completely useless?

My pick has always been Wayne Primeau but i'm curious if there's obvious ones i missed.

Aki Berg and Chad Kilger went #3/#4 overall in the next draft year. Kilger had a clapper but that’s really it between the two of them. they combined for like 1300 games.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Carver posted:

Shane Doan.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Bruins beat reporter says they've just been asking about him, not that there's a deal in place. I hope so. He stinks!

https://twitter.com/mattyports/status/1628098348434554880?t=FEifklztU1SEzzQakH9U_g&s=19

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Carver posted:

I love conversations like these because then i spend the next 30 or 60 minutes looking at hockeydb for fun.

Milbury drafting Mike Rupp 9th and not even signing him. Still not sure if that even ranks as top 10 Milbury though. Need more GMs like him and Holmer.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Bruins beat reporter says they've just been asking about him, not that there's a deal in place. I hope so. He stinks!

https://twitter.com/mattyports/status/1628098348434554880?t=FEifklztU1SEzzQakH9U_g&s=19

I keep seeing the Bruins want to add a D, but then you look at their D and it looks pretty good. Is it just to get Forbort out of the lineup?

e: didn't Craig Smith get waived earlier in the season? Bottom six RW looks like an upgradeable position for them?

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 21, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

T-Bone posted:

Milbury drafting Mike Rupp 9th and not even signing him. Still not sure if that even ranks as top 10 Milbury though. Need more GMs like him and Holmer.

I keep seeing the Bruins want to add a D, but then you look at their D and it looks pretty good. Is it just to get Forbort out of the lineup?

No, Forbort's like their #3 guy now.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The CBJ tweet reads like they are fishing for someone else to come in near that price to me.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

94 counts as like 10 Cups. the Yankees championships also count as Ranger cups. the Mets’ also are our Cups. the Giants 4 rings count as 2 Cups. The Jet’ rigged Super Bowl 3 win translates to one Cup. The other 5 Messier Cups? our Cups. we’re at like 30-50 Cups, which is why we’re always in a Good Mood. Embrace Life

meanwhile, re: the Pens organization and all their fans (who I love and deeply respect):

This is beyond the loving pale.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

T-Bone posted:

e: didn't Craig Smith get waived earlier in the season? Bottom six RW looks like an upgradeable position for them?

Boston needs a bottom six forward (Barbashev would be perfect) and that's about it. Honestly if they don't make any move they'll still be fine.

The needing a defenseman thing gets thrown around because Matt Grzelcyk is a smaller guy who gets hurt in the playoffs every year.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Carver posted:

Luke Richardson had 1400 games and was brutal for most of them.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Dunno why the Bruins would even want Gavrikov. If they're giving up a first at least do it for Barbashev.

E: if they're giving up the first so that Columbus takes on a poo poo contract like Reilly and/or Smith then that's fine I suppose.

Mike Reilly? Because I want to see another CBJ defenseman draft pick who refused to sign be forced to eventually play for the team after McQuaid did it.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The CBJ tweet reads like they are fishing for someone else to come in near that price to me.

That Tweet was from a national writer.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ben Chiarot got a 1st and a 4th last year so it's hardly outlandish that Gavrikov will get the same.

It is the solemn duty of the entire hockey media to talk up exactly one tall, lovely defenceman you've never heard of before like they're the second coming of Al Iafrate until they're traded for a massive return. This year it is Gavrikov and he must be traded for a 1st round pick or the sun will cease its movement across the heavens.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

CBJSprague24 posted:

Mike Reilly? Because I want to see another CBJ defenseman draft pick who refused to sign be forced to eventually play for the team after McQuaid did it.

Yeah that Reilly, and now that I know about that angle, I would also like to see it happen.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I have no idea why Boston would make any moves. You’re first in the league by a wide margin! Your team is already good! Why spend the assets?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yeah that Reilly, and now that I know about that angle, I would also like to see it happen.

The best part was this happened around the time they started to become good, so he left a team that became competitive for whatever Minnesota, Montreal, and Ottawa were during that stretch.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I love you all and value all your posts. Some are solid like bricks, and some are the goopy mess that goes between the bricks to stick them together

What are you all doing to your bricks exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

:discourse: couldn’t say it better myself. especially the messier cups seeing as he lives in the msg basement waiting to ruin the rangers as a GM