Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

that’s going to just be the land value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

what a steal

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bar Ran Dun posted:

that’s going to just be the land value.

Yea it's less than a 5 minute walk from Northgate Mall and the light rail station.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

1980s: "It's a nice starter home and my kids can walk to the mall"
2020s: "Walking to the mall is now worth $800K"

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I'm curious about what the listing agent's though process was here

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Who wouldn't want a bathroom that looks like someone did the chainsaw scene from Scarface to a fraggle

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm curious about what the listing agent's though process was here

I believe some agents were doing this for Halloween listings.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A Bad King posted:

I believe some agents were doing this for Halloween listings.

that's loving insane

Apr 7, 2003

i say swears online posted:

that's loving insane

realtors all have brain damage

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

realtors all have brain damage

fun fact: the Realtor lobby is the reason urban renewal projects could never result in more homes than were torn down.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

they're just trying to make their listing go viral, but in like the dumbest, most overdone way possible

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

These are the same people who take family photos with the husband holding a sign saying "peace on earth" and all of his family is bound and gagged

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

Radirot posted:

content:

pouring one out for the struggling house flippers.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1628073333131554829

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Feels like anyone without a home after the giant push in 2020/2021 is waiting for interest rates to fall down again.

Increase in % houses bought outright instead of with a loan reflects that.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i told a friend in summer 2021 that she should just buy any house she can immediately

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

the moment rates drop then prices will rise and I will continue to be unable to afford anything :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

actionjackson posted:

i told a friend in summer 2021 that she should just buy any house she can immediately

I think your overall point is correct but lol that timeline is super short. gotta go back further in time for a prime trend line, my friend

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

the moment rates drop then prices will rise and I will continue to be unable to afford anything :)

Alternate theory: rates don't drop and also prices go up

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Make Your Own!
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MORTGAGE30US

Example: 2015-Present

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

actionjackson posted:

interesting recent dip over christmas, since the fed has continued to raise rates. i assume it's from banks dropping a little profit in exchange for trying to drum up some demand and keep the mortgage offices open

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I think your overall point is correct but lol that timeline is super short. gotta go back further in time for a prime trend line, my friend

sub-3% is pretty good, was there any time in the last few decades it was below that???

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

no, that was definitely the nadir. i don't think looking for long term trends make sense because they typically don't exist in this area. there are certain events that cause dramatic shifts, like 2008, or covid

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

actionjackson posted:

no, that was definitely the nadir. i don't think looking for long term trends make sense because they typically don't exist in this area. there are certain events that cause dramatic shifts, like 2008, or covid

can't ever refi if you're locked in at a record low rate

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

Maxwells Demon posted:

Feels like anyone without a home after the giant push in 2020/2021 is waiting for interest rates to fall down again.

:shepface:

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

biggest spike since the savings and loans crisis

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Maxwells Demon posted:

Increase in % houses bought outright instead of with a loan reflects that.

Don't worry we're going to slurp up all those nasty excess savings before that happens

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

any recent cases on banks trying to get out of their locked rate agreements?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
iirc mortgage rates are at like a 25 year high at this point, ignoring them being just over 7% three months ago

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

anime was right posted:

iirc mortgage rates are at like a 25 year high at this point, ignoring them being just over 7% three months ago

Still fairly low from a historical perspective, though. Whether rates are coming back down to anything like the 2008-2020 period really depends on a lot of factors, and the 30-year fixed normalizing at something like 7-8% (or even a little higher) wouldn't be a massive anomaly.

Housing is really broken and the post-2008 ultra low rate environment papered over a lot of problems.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

i say swears online posted:

sub-3% is pretty good, was there any time in the last few decades it was below that???

No, and I'm clutching onto my 2.75% fixed rate for dear life.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Or move. I'm gonna be here for a long, long time.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I read the end of the url https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MORTGAGE30US as MORTGAGEOUS, an appropriate portmanteau

Apr 7, 2003

lookit this fuckin place

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1102-Sunday-St-Pittsburgh-PA-15212/11375522_zpid/

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jesus they need to play up the view because from what I can tell it's incredible

Apr 7, 2003

I have no idea why it's that cheap, it's pretty clear that it was once one house out of a row of them but it looks pretty awesome regardless

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I have no idea why it's that cheap, it's pretty clear that it was once one house out of a row of them but it looks pretty awesome regardless

Forget about it, Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud. It's Pittsburgh.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you should get it

that’s pretty cool

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

you should get it

that’s pretty cool

I'm gonna go look Saturday

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Some of those floors are amazing.

Apr 7, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

Some of those floors are amazing.

That house is in a "black" "scary" neighborhood and that's why it's that cheap

I'm hoping on rolling out there on Saturday and dropping a letter to get it before the white people notice it

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Probably not in a flood zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you could build a real cool zipline off of that place